Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 2204763 times)

Offline Velbas

Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #2575 on: December 19, 2014, 02:19:10 am »
Hello Guys,

I have DSO5202B (60MHz or 100MHz originaly) which I bought 2 years ago already hacked. My problem is that DSO stucks and restarts sometimes. I wanna to upgrade fw but I always get message about illegal update. I tried many versions from Tinheads OneDrive but no sucess. This I can see thru UART when I try to update.

Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
dst1kb_2.06.3_(130814.1).up
cp: write error: No space left on device
gpg: CAST5 encrypted data
pw:0571tekway
gpg: encrypted with 1 passphrase
gpg: block_filter 0xd7460: read error (size=13807,a->size=13807)
gpg: decryption failed: bad key
gpg: block_filter: pending bytes!
Killed

Can you please help me somehow?
Thanks a lot.

Offline tinheadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #2576 on: December 19, 2014, 07:00:45 am »
check first that the file you donloaded and copied to flash drive is not corrupt, check free space on DSO (df -h), there might be some
files in /mnt, /mnt/udisk and /mnt/sd/ directories (but with no flash drive inserted of course), delete them all. Then try to run the fw update again. When you really have hw1007, the update file dst1kb_2.06.3_(130814.1).up have to work.
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline Velbas

« Reply #2577 on: December 19, 2014, 11:51:34 am »
Thanks for Your fast reply. As I assumed your advice was useful so I have now 130814.1 version installed. There were many dirs like hantek5_10 etc with some pictures inside in mnt folder. 100prc of space was used. Many thanks once again. This 130814.1 update is definitely last one? Can I find some "changelog" somewhere to see what changed since my original version 120808?

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2578 on: January 04, 2015, 05:36:07 am »
8)

Just changed my new handheld IP51 rated DSO8000E series model http://www.hantek.com/en/ProductDetail_1_159.html DSO8072E  to 200MHz using Peter's  DSO-USB-tool http://peter.dreisiebner.at/dso-usb-tool/ via the shell. Hantek made a small change to the location of the files they are now stored in /dso/apps/ the command is:

mv /dso/apps/dst1072b /dso/apps/dst1202b

then reboot the scope using the power switch and keep your fingers crossed good luck. >:D

Thank you to Tinhead and all the other contributors.  :-+

Sounds great!  :-+
Could you share DSO8000E UE (user experience)?

Offline sparkybg

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2579 on: January 04, 2015, 01:03:45 pm »
Maybe I will move from Hantek DSO1062B to DSO8000E. Any user experience with the new unit will be very valuable for me. From what I see, 1000E/8000E series are also hackable, and this is great.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 01:19:44 pm by sparkybg »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2580 on: January 04, 2015, 06:35:59 pm »
i got DSO8000E and will write an review and some hack infos withing few next days
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline sparkybg

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2581 on: January 04, 2015, 06:46:20 pm »
The most important thing for me is does it worth the upgrade?
I have a hacked 1062B and considering upgrade to 1072E or 8072E. From the pictures it seems a bit more solid.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2582 on: January 04, 2015, 07:35:58 pm »
i had yrs ago DSO1062B, so i know the difference. Short answer = yes, it is worth (functionality) and yes, much more solid.

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2583 on: January 05, 2015, 12:37:57 am »
i got DSO8000E and will write an review and some hack infos withing few next days
Great! tinhead
Would you post it here or in another thread?

Offline donP

« Reply #2584 on: January 05, 2015, 07:49:46 pm »
Hi Guys

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have not had much time to play around with the new scope. I will just add a few points while we wait for tinhead's review, thanks tinhead.

First the bandwidth hack works very well upto 200MHz, tested it with a high end signal genarator. The scope is really rugged, it has large clear fonts that hantek is well known for, the firmware could be improved on the FFT function.

The signal generator has an arbitrary waveform mode but no built in arbitrary waveforms like ECG which is found on most good arbitray signal generators, however this is a small thing since one can easily build their own waveforms on the PC and download onto the scope.

I will add more information once I get time to do more tests. At the moment I am happy with the scope.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 07:53:45 pm by donP »

Offline claudeR

« Reply #2585 on: January 05, 2015, 08:09:32 pm »
Hello All,
I have been attempting to write a SCPI front end to the Hantek MSO5202D scope with mixed results. It frequently hangs when I write commands to the scope just after the data is sent to the scope using the command 0x11 (Write DSO settings) the command is accepted but the reply never comes and finally the scope resets. I tried varying the time between commands and response from 200msec to 800 msec with no luck. It sometimes runs longer (I have a loop that contains a bunch of commands the sequence is autosetup, turn off chan1, set probe to 1x, set vertical scale to 2V, set trigger to edge and to chan2, set timebase to 80ns, invert chan2 polarity, offset trace by 2V. Sometimes it fails on the first loop of these commands sometimes it run for 3 loops but never runs for more the 4 loops without hanging. Any ideas what could be the cause.  The fact that is sometimes runs for a few loops makes me believe that the data data sent is correct  (also the settings on the scope matches what I have sent) but something is still wrong because the scope always ends up hanging and crashing.
I think I have the latest software ( version 3.2.35 (130312.0) and hardware version 1010x55778340). I am beginning to think that the firmware was never intended to run from remote using USB and is very very buggy....

Offline fremen67

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2586 on: January 06, 2015, 12:20:45 am »
I think I have the latest software ( version 3.2.35 (130312.0) and hardware version 1010x55778340).
Hi Claude,
You will find a newer firmware for your hardware (I have the same) on tinhead's Onedrive:
http://1drv.ms/1hf4SgO
(firmware\hw1.01\MSO-Models\dst1kb_3.2.25_15202d_fact20140813.0.up)
Bonne chance!  ;)
I'm a machine! And I can know much more! I can experience so much more. But I'm trapped in this absurd body!

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2587 on: January 06, 2015, 01:04:37 am »
The scope is really rugged, it has large clear fonts that hantek is well known for, the firmware could be improved on the FFT function.
Hi donP! Any idea how to improve the FFT function?

The signal generator has an arbitrary waveform mode but no built in arbitrary waveforms like ECG which is found on most good arbitray signal generators, however this is a small thing since one can easily build their own waveforms on the PC and download onto the scope.
Hope there will be improved waveforms soon.

Offline claudeR

« Reply #2588 on: January 06, 2015, 01:47:30 am »
Where do these firmware come from I checked Hantek site and the download page for firware never works..
I should backup my firmware first, anybody knows which backup tools works with MSO5202D  HW 1010x55778340?

Offline LEDAero

• Regular Contributor
Re: Another one china DSO hack - 200MHz
« Reply #2589 on: January 06, 2015, 06:10:25 am »
Well, that certainly reminds me of the conspiracy theory that Microsoft was loose on copy protection in the early years to ensure that they get the market share in first.

Having worked there in 'the early years', copy protection was amply implemented by the 18 3.5" HD floppies needed to copy OS/2 :) But, copying wasn't so much of an issue until DR-DOS became a player, up until then, every PC had a variant of an MS OS, so they didn't worry so much about it.

No-one of note had copy protection in those days - you could borrow your mate's version of HP-UX or SCO or DOS and spend 3 hours laboriously copying his floppies. But... floppies were expensive, as were 20MB MFM hard drives. Nobody had the money to archive a bunch of OS's and even fewer had the money to own their own PC to run it on. I think my first desktop cost about $18,000... and I was paid about $52/week - nearly double what my friends were getting working in non-computing fields.

Funnily enough, the company with all the copy protection back then was Apple... whereas now, very few of their products are keyed (just a few of the management apps that are licenced per seat).

EDIT: Just saw how old that post was I quoted... move along, nothing to see here :) (sorry for the derail).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 06:12:28 am by LEDAero »

Offline LEDAero

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2590 on: January 06, 2015, 06:20:14 am »
2- Conrad got good prices from Hantek, so DSO-1062D from Voltcraft cost less than Hantek DSO5062B from China
    directly (and DSO1062D=DSO5062B),

I'm not sure how 355 euro became cheaper than US$300... even including DHL shipping to my place the Hantek is cheaper than free-shipping from Conrad. It would be great if I could get one without 20% VAT, though... that would put them on a par.

And is the B much better than the DSO5072P? As a complete noob, all these different spec's are just making my head spin. I think I would really like an MSO, but it is nearly twice the price.

Offline claudeR

« Reply #2591 on: January 06, 2015, 02:15:03 pm »
I don't know if it is a typo but the file you suggest as update for my MSO5202D is dst1kb3.2.25_????????? which is version 3.2.25 the one I have in my scope is 3.2.35 is it really the correct file or file name?

Offline fremen67

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2592 on: January 06, 2015, 03:24:56 pm »
I don't know if it is a typo but the file you suggest as update for my MSO5202D is dst1kb3.2.25_????????? which is version 3.2.25 the one I have in my scope is 3.2.35 is it really the correct file or file name?
I think it's a typo in the file name. I updated my MSO 5202D (same hardware version as yours) with this file without any problem.
Not sure there are any Hantek MSO/DSO devices running linux 3.2.25. It's either 2.7.1 or 3.2.35
I'm a machine! And I can know much more! I can experience so much more. But I'm trapped in this absurd body!

Offline claudeR

« Reply #2593 on: January 06, 2015, 04:25:17 pm »
I suppose you can check the software version reported by the scope to confirm the version is really 3.2.35 and not 3.2.25.
 Did you back up the software before ugrade if so want method did you use. I am kind of afraid that this version might cause problem worse than the version I have so I want to be able to go back to it. So I use the DSO-USB-Tool and connected a FAT32 USB flash drive to the scope after creating a Hantek directory on it using my windows computer. Then I sent the command cp -r *.* /mnt/udisk/Hantek, using the DSO-USB-TOOL to copy recursively all directory and files from the root of the scope. I think that should backup everything right?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:19:29 pm by claudeR »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2594 on: January 06, 2015, 08:58:44 pm »
ups, that was a type, fixed it now (dst1kb_3.2.35_15202d_fact20140813.0.up). All the firmware i have are coming from Tekway and/or Hantek, sometimes as well "special" versions from/for Voltcraft. I think there are 2 or 3 (of course except custom versions) coming from other users (like the latest MSO fw 2.7.x).

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2595 on: January 07, 2015, 03:23:35 am »
Where do these firmware come from I checked Hantek site and the download page for firware never works..
I should backup my firmware first, anybody knows which backup tools works with MSO5202D  HW 1010x55778340?
I think, you may try to email Hantek support mail box directly to ask for the old version firmware you need. :-/O
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 03:25:54 am by rosasharn »

Offline claudeR

« Reply #2596 on: January 07, 2015, 07:13:21 pm »
I finally did a tar to archive root dir to flash disk (/mnt/udisk) now I upgraded the software and I am all set. Noticed nice improvements like the Filters in Utility menu now working, Trigger levels in AC coupling now working properly to name a few...

Now back to my SCPI front end I am still facing randoms crashes when setting the chan vertical pos and the Time base settings using so I am now switching to Press Key to see what happens and so far so good. (not sure about chan vpos yet since it would need a lot of key presses so I took it out of my code for now. Have gotten the software to run for 20 loops that way...

Thanks guys for your help.

Offline dorin.iordache

« Reply #2597 on: January 09, 2015, 02:25:26 am »
Hi guys! I am looking to buy the Hantek DSO5102P as my first oscilloscope. I did some research and it appears that this is the best oscilloscope i can afford. I was just wondering if there is anyone who bought this in the UK from a trusted website or store. I would go crazy if i were to spend about £200 and get scammed. So can you please tell me where should i go and buy one here in the UK? (sorry if this was discussed somewhere on the thread :-//

Offline Lauris

• Contributor
« Reply #2598 on: January 12, 2015, 01:40:27 pm »
Hello,

Any news on MSO5074F(G)? I'm on edge of ordering one and looking for final info of do or don't...

Also one I'm planning to order is MSO5074F since can't find any FG in similar price here in EU, and ordering from china will need to deal with customs which will add unnecessary costs (21+% extra can make difference). So any info on differences between F and FG? Maybe it is possible to add few elements, drill hole, update FW and add some entries to eeprom to make FG from F in case of need ...?

Also any movements on MSO5074F(G) tests? almost year ago some said it will be soon, tho I still have problem winding any.

Also any info of hacking this scope?

Any info is very welcome.
Laurynas.

Offline pcmihnea

• Contributor
« Reply #2599 on: January 16, 2015, 10:48:49 pm »
     I also have an RTC issue, where the clock (and date) hangs after a power-off, and is the same when I power it on (it doesn't reset to 2009, it is exactly the same time and date as just before I powered down), and continues to "tic" (i.e. it keeps going second-to-second) after the unit is turned on. I don't believe to be a problem with the backup battery, as it would have reset to 2009. Can anyone confirm my bug?
Hi, this is a (late) follow-up on my RTC problem. I've finally gathered the nerves to troubleshoot it. After some analysis, and datasheet reading, I was convinced that the only culprit is the 32.768KHz quartz crystal resonator. My hypothesis was also backed-up by running "hwclock" via UART console. It's return value (date, time) was the same as the last manual setting (via the DSO's Utility menu), even if the unit was powered-cycled, meaning that the RTC's external source clock wasn't working (or the SoC was defective, but I didn't even dare to consider that :) ). After a quartz replace, it's finally working! Hope it helps others with similar issue.

EDIT: The day after my initial mod (the quartz replacement), my unit's hardware RTC still stalled. So, I've checked the SoC datasheet (http://www.wvshare.com/datasheet/SAMSUNG_PDF/S3C2416.PDF) yet again, and noticed on page 13-6 (page 310) the crystal connection schematic: the 5MOhm resistor in series with the crystal is emphasized in another color, and also circled in red, giving the impression that this addition is seemingly an manufacturer after-thought. I've checked my board, it didn't include such resistor, also confirmed by the low impedance across the board's crystal pads. Thus, I've soldered an 5M1 0603 SMD resistor, and now it seems to work perfectly (at least for the past hour or so). It may be possible that I'm in possession of a early revision board, and that's why no other user reported the same issue. Hope it helps!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 11:33:50 am by pcmihnea »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf