Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 674839 times)

Offline ricktendoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations
« Reply #2475 on: December 11, 2021, 08:16:09 pm »
thanks for the response, sorry for missing it, I just found this, which seems to have the stm32 chip, and seems to be cheaper than the ones you linked, is it good? or should I get a different one? it's a quecoo from the quicko store

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000045522658.html?
You should email the seller ask him for pictures of the controller board.

David suggested the 955 this is a 956, you need to be careful because not all the models use STM32, for example the 952 uses STC chip instead

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32986107656.html

Offline totalnoob

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2476 on: December 12, 2021, 12:16:15 am »
Woo Hoo!  This thread turned 100! Pages, that is.

To bring this back on topic, I am still running OEM firmware in my KSGER 3.1, it works pretty well for me. I may upgrade to the CFW if the quality of the JBC clone tips get better. 

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2477 on: December 12, 2021, 07:06:08 pm »
I don't promise anything, but I've looking at the schematics. There're some options:

- STM32 pins: PB2+PB10 are free in all boards. But require to solder over these small 0.65mm pins, not for everyone.
- RTC pins: PC14+PC15. All have them, except Ksger v1.5. Wires can be soldered to the caps or crystal pads, they don't need removal.
- EEPROM pins: v1.5 and Quicko: None,  v2:PA0+PA1 v3:PA3+PA4. Doesn't need removal, it's extremely hard to randomly match the clock/address sequence.
- Ksger v1.5 has PB12 (BOOT1) routed to a resistor/solder jumper, can be removed without issues.
- Quicko has PA15 routed to the programming header, labeled "RX".

Enabling the internal pull-up resistors, it barely requires any external parts. You could just wire the pin to the sensor, but it's a quick way to destroy the board if something goes wrong.
To prevent for current flowing into the pin, ex. a broken wire touching 24V, use a 1N4148 diode, will withstand 200V and the voltage drop won't be a problem. Then just pull the signal to ground.

For now, let's assume there's only one input.
This is not done by magic, so carefully think what functionalities might worth adding and how to implement them.
Maybe:
WAKE MODE: [STAND] [SHAKE] [SET BY SPECIAL PIN STATE?]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 07:52:47 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline Cuboy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2478 on: December 12, 2021, 11:43:47 pm »
100 pages on this thread!  :wtf:

I still read from time to time  :-+

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2479 on: December 13, 2021, 03:24:16 pm »
hello, the device heats up a little fast, is this possible?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2480 on: December 13, 2021, 04:08:19 pm »
The heating speed heavily depends on the tip construction.
Tips that have the temperature well bonded to the tip body will heat up slower, but it's not such, it's the real heating speed from the tip body mass.
Others have the sensor less tightely fitted, the sensor will take the heat from the heater and appear to warm up much faster, but the tip body heating will actually be slower because the power will be reduced sooner.

I cannot do anything about this, it's the quality you get from these cheap tips.

Yep, 100 pages. Probably 40% was answering the same silly questions over and over. Time for a clean-up or a new thread.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2481 on: December 13, 2021, 05:31:35 pm »
Have you tried the new update? Wouldn't it be better if you share the innovations with a picture or a video?

Offline Polf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2482 on: December 13, 2021, 06:35:00 pm »
https://github.com/deividAlfa/stm32_soldering_iron_controller/commit/340ebe2ecf4be78dac306c2d5386f159457cde92#diff-ac50f85b045548466b87272c25f2c87b22fe90f0776248caf4c27221c2383248
"Update builds (Dec 12 2012)
Fix little bug not restoring user temperature when exiting the calibration screen.
This only happened when the timeout expired and triggered the exit."

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2483 on: December 13, 2021, 06:49:07 pm »
Do you want me to make a video of every single little option in the firmware? Sorry, I don't have time for that.
There's a pretty extensive operation manual there, I people is lazy and don't want to read, it's not my fault.

The firmware is prety stable, last updates were only bug fixes and little improvements, just read the changelog.

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2484 on: December 13, 2021, 07:43:55 pm »
In fact, I want an update if it won't be too hard, as in the original software, when ksger turns clockwise, when boost turns counterclockwise, standby and sleep :) it is difficult to press the button each time, the device slides when pressing the button, it has to be done with 2 hands. ksger software is easy to use and beautiful in your software. I was always in the middle.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2485 on: December 14, 2021, 01:00:36 am »
Jut hold the station with the hand and use your thumb, it's pretty easy to do, no need to use 2 hands.

In the original firmware you have to click everytime to change the temperature, that's very annoying, I find a lot more handy the current behavior.

The following users thanked this post: ricktendo, sevgiduvari_7

Offline Tugo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2486 on: December 14, 2021, 05:04:44 am »
I used Ksger FW for years and I know what sevgiduvari_7 is writing about.
Now I wouldn't change it back to Ksger  :-DD
Boost is useless in Davids FW. Why? Just turn the knob. In Ksger I used boost all the time because of dificult temperature set (press before turn). That is why I love new way. I am not getting back  :-DD
Thank you David  ;)

The following users thanked this post: sevgiduvari_7

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2487 on: December 14, 2021, 06:46:13 am »
I use the temperature at 360 and I set the boost +50, when I need it, I only do +50. My job is solved with 410. Please put such an option if you want, press the button to boost. If you want ksger, download your software that is like the original. I want to use your software like ksger, please. I'm sure there will be many like me.

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2488 on: December 14, 2021, 06:49:07 am »
When the time expires in boost, it falls back to the automatic operating degree. Like boost, it may be in a system that falls back to the degree of operating at the end of the time, such as boost, not necessarily boost. For example, I'm using it in 360, I upgraded it to 450, can it drop back to 360 after 5 minutes?

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2489 on: December 14, 2021, 06:51:35 am »
Jut hold the station with the hand and use your thumb, it's pretty easy to do, no need to use 2 hands.

In the original firmware you have to click everytime to change the temperature, that's very annoying, I find a lot more handy the current behavior.

I agree with you, you're right, but it's really hard, first translate, then press, time passes. imagine what i said. Those who want to have 2 options in this way can use it as I said. can't it?
Friends who understand me, please give your opinion and support.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 07:11:23 am by sevgiduvari_7 »

Offline ricktendoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2490 on: December 14, 2021, 06:51:59 am »
When the time expires in boost, it falls back to the automatic operating degree. Like boost, it may be in a system that falls back to the degree of operating at the end of the time, such as boost, not necessarily boost. For example, I'm using it in 360, I upgraded it to 450, can it drop back to 360 after 5 minutes?
You are one F'ing piece of work! |O

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2491 on: December 14, 2021, 06:56:03 am »
You are one F'ing piece of work! |O

I did not understand what you said ?
Are we going to cook pasta with a soldering machine?
We are going to solder with a soldering machine, we do not need a constantly moving device in this, do we?

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2492 on: December 14, 2021, 07:21:05 am »
I used Ksger FW for years and I know what sevgiduvari_7 is writing about.
Now I wouldn't change it back to Ksger  :-DD
Boost is useless in Davids FW. Why? Just turn the knob. In Ksger I used boost all the time because of dificult temperature set (press before turn). That is why I love new way. I am not getting back  :-DD
Thank you David  ;)

I've used ksger fw for years too, just saw david's fw, I liked it very much, thank you, he applied and updated the things I wanted. why not the 2nd fw, like ksger but david's fw. I want it, I'm sure there are friends who want it too, please david.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 07:22:52 am by sevgiduvari_7 »

Offline Nimnul

« Reply #2493 on: December 14, 2021, 09:36:00 am »
There is no need to redo anything in BOOST, everything works great and is very convenient.
I will not go back to Chinese firmware. Thanks for the firmware David  :-+
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 09:38:46 am by Nimnul »

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2494 on: December 14, 2021, 12:24:24 pm »
There is no need to redo anything in BOOST, everything works great and is very convenient.

I don't want to go back to china software either, but it's hard to press with one hand, please a solution. 2nd option.

Offline Nimnul

« Reply #2495 on: December 14, 2021, 02:27:54 pm »

I don't want to go back to china software either, but it's hard to press with one hand, please a solution. 2nd option.
You are wrong, the controls are very convenient! I don’t understand why to remake SW for one person?

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2496 on: December 14, 2021, 02:57:35 pm »

You are wrong, the controls are very convenient! I don’t understand why to remake SW for one person?

yes, the controls are very good, I just want to switch to the boost menu more easily. this is all i want

Offline ygi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2497 on: December 14, 2021, 03:47:00 pm »
No way, it's fine as it is now. You're not discussing improvement or useful feature, you just want the firmware tailored to what you're used to. That's not how it works with open source software.
Feel free to fork the code and make you own custom version or go back to stock if you want a firmware that works like ksger's.

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2498 on: December 14, 2021, 04:02:24 pm »
there is no need for boost mode, just use normal tips

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2499 on: December 14, 2021, 06:48:53 pm »
No way, it's fine as it is now. You're not discussing improvement or useful feature, you just want the firmware tailored to what you're used to. That's not how it works with open source software.
Feel free to fork the code and make you own custom version or go back to stock if you want a firmware that works like ksger's.

Are you writing the software? :blah:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf