Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X Plus  (Read 743682 times)

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #1050 on: April 29, 2020, 12:59:36 pm »
If you want to unlock 5000X to 1 GHz you need to buy 500MHz ver.

Maybe not anymore...  ;)  Yet to confirm.
That would be VERY nice.. >:D

Offline thinkfat

• Supporter
  • This is just a hobby I spend too much time on.
    • Matthias' Hackerstübchen
« Reply #1051 on: April 29, 2020, 02:20:07 pm »
Also.. ran into this in another thread and it matches all my keys, this should full unlock anyone

https://repl.it/repls/GainsboroAlienatedText

If you move stuff in otheropt up into bwopt, you can get keys for options.

Yes, the script is a bit broken, the "gen" function doesn't take it's argument into account.

But apart from that, I can confirm that it produces valid keys, except for the power analyzer option. I naively added 'PA' (that seems to be the name of the option) to the opts but the generated key doesn't match.
Everybody likes gadgets. Until they try to make them.

Offline 0xdeadbeef

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1052 on: April 29, 2020, 02:28:23 pm »

Indeed. More or less the only thing stopping me from ordering the SDS5034X is that it can't be upgraded to 1GHz. There are some hints (spec wise) that the frontend in the 500MHz model is different though, so even if the SW could be tricked into believing it's the 500MHz model that can be upgraded to 1GHz, I have some reservations that it will reach the full bandwidth. Still.
Trying is the first step towards failure - Homer J. Simpson

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1053 on: April 29, 2020, 02:46:22 pm »
Also.. ran into this in another thread and it matches all my keys, this should full unlock anyone

Yes, the script is a bit broken, the "gen" function doesn't take it's argument into account.

But apart from that, I can confirm that it produces valid keys, except for the power analyzer option. I naively added 'PA' (that seems to be the name of the option) to the opts but the generated key doesn't match.

It's PWA

use this version i modded just for the SDS2000X+

https://repl.it/repls/DirectProbableTwintext

The following users thanked this post: RoboJim

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1054 on: April 29, 2020, 03:23:25 pm »
More or less the only thing stopping me from ordering the SDS5034X is that it can't be upgraded to 1GHz.

What about a loan?

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #1055 on: April 29, 2020, 03:38:56 pm »

Anyone knows what "MAX" option is?

It's PWA

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1056 on: April 29, 2020, 03:45:01 pm »

Some kind of option key to enable maximum bandwidth, doesnt apply to this model

I do wonder about wifi though because under the hood it tries to load that option in even though its not in the menu

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1057 on: April 29, 2020, 03:45:49 pm »

Should be the same as the max BW option. But I've see it working only in one or two equipments. When it did, it seemed to provide a slightly higher BW (-3dB) than what was the "official" maximum settings.

Usually it's unaccepted.

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1058 on: April 29, 2020, 03:47:17 pm »
I do wonder about wifi though because under the hood it tries to load that option in even though its not in the menu

Maybe Siglent gave up on wifi dongles...

Offline thinkfat

• Supporter
  • This is just a hobby I spend too much time on.
    • Matthias' Hackerstübchen
« Reply #1059 on: April 29, 2020, 04:02:30 pm »

Given that SCOPEID is invariant and opt is not, I like this version better ;-)

https://repl.it/repls/AwfulVacantComputer
Everybody likes gadgets. Until they try to make them.

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1060 on: April 29, 2020, 04:33:43 pm »

As they should have... that was kinda silly.. just put wifi/bt in it if your gonna do that

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1061 on: April 29, 2020, 05:02:51 pm »
As they should have... that was kinda silly.. just put wifi/bt in it if your gonna do that

Maybe then you have to deal with interferences...

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1062 on: April 29, 2020, 05:22:39 pm »

Maybe then you have to deal with interferences...

I would think not if they kept it as a true module that you can turn on and off

Some of my embedded hardware is like that to save batteries.. if your not talking then no reason for the radio to be on if not listening

Online tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1063 on: April 29, 2020, 08:23:41 pm »

Indeed. More or less the only thing stopping me from ordering the SDS5034X is that it can't be upgraded to 1GHz. There are some hints (spec wise) that the frontend in the 500MHz model is different though, so even if the SW could be tricked into believing it's the 500MHz model that can be upgraded to 1GHz, I have some reservations that it will reach the full bandwidth. Still.
Not entirely discussion for this thread so just quickly.... as you have read pre-release 5kX Mobo's had some issues at 1 GHz so they undoubtedly have been sold as 350 MHz models with a BW upgrade path to just 500 MHz.
The obvious to me is why would production still be producing 2 Mobo's for the same series, that's nuts yet the 'official' BW upgrade paths still remains and if you were in marketing you'd do the same wouldn't you ?
I can't prove it however I would lay good $ the 350 MHz and 1 GHz HW is identical now.

I too struggled with this decision soon after 5kX were released but forked out the extra for 5054X as at that time it was unknown which Mobo revision one would get.

They still sell.  ;)
Different horses for different courses.  ;)

The TP-Link WiFi dongle SW is contained within the FW applicable for models that feature WiFi as an option and the X-E series that feature WiFi are far more portable than 2kX Plus so more likely to be used in a domestic setting where Wifi connectivity is more convenient. Also with a bench full of equipment that may include RF gear, wired LAN will be the better option for the 'knowing' user.
Again, horses for courses.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline KeBeNe

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1064 on: April 30, 2020, 03:00:10 am »
Hello,

all Bandwidth keys >500Mhz are without function.
On the contrary, the horizontal resolution is then maximum 1ns(500Mhz = 500ps), the -3db point is around 350Mhz, the device becomes cumbersome to operate.
The other keys will lead to success.

Offline Frex

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1065 on: April 30, 2020, 02:18:56 pm »
Hello all,

I played today a little with the scope and i have found some issues.

When using the vertical zoom (that is a great mode), it seem to be not possible
 to use it with Math trace (in my case averaging).

I Also don't know why the average mode is not in acquisition menu of the scope,
not a trace to be added separately. This would be IMHO much more comfortable. 

I have to say also, that i find the displayed measurements (rms voltage, frequency, others ...)
are variying too faster and then prevents to read a correct value (many digits moving fast).
I think displayed values would need to be more filtered, it's a non-sens to update the value
more than few times /s.
Of course, the real fast values is useful to provide signal statistic and more.

Frex

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1066 on: April 30, 2020, 07:05:34 pm »
Hello all,

I played today a little with the scope and i have found some issues.

When using the vertical zoom (that is a great mode), it seem to be not possible
 to use it with Math trace (in my case averaging).

I Also don't know why the average mode is not in acquisition menu of the scope,
not a trace to be added separately. This would be IMHO much more comfortable. 

I have to say also, that i find the displayed measurements (rms voltage, frequency, others ...)
are variying too faster and then prevents to read a correct value (many digits moving fast).
I think displayed values would need to be more filtered, it's a non-sens to update the value
more than few times /s.
Of course, the real fast values is useful to provide signal statistic and more.

Frex
Some explanation here however with prerelease firmware:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds2000x-plus-coming/msg2840802/#msg2840802
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Frex

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1067 on: May 01, 2020, 05:31:44 am »
Hello Tautech,

I 've seen that. I must admit that it's not a satisfying answer for me.
So, it is a separate function, but why to not be able with zoom function as others traces ?

Anyway, i would have another question, i played yesterday with zone mode
(that is again a great function) and after reading the manual i've seen that zone mode
can be used to select region for histogram measurements (see page 42/324 of manual).
I haven't been able to find this, could you say  how to perform this ?
Regards.

Frex

(Note : Is there any reason that the Siglent pdf manual doesn't allow to make text search ? It is very annoying for find something ).

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1068 on: May 01, 2020, 06:07:38 am »
Hello Tautech,
So, it is a separate function, but why to not be able with zoom function as others traces ?
IDK and now the only 2kX Plus I had is sold and I cannot check for you with 5kX as it does not yet have vertical zoom.
(that is again a great function) and after reading the manual i've seen that zone mode
can be used to select region for histogram measurements (see page 42/324 of manual).
See Measurement Gate p192.

We know there is some further polishing to come however as I'm not privy to all the beta testers have recommended so we can only wait for the next FW.

Note : Is there any reason that the Siglent pdf manual doesn't allow to make text search ? It is very annoying for find something
Again IDK but this manual is in some ways better than other Siglent manuals as you can quickly return to the start and Contents menu with a press of the Home button on your keyboard and click another topic and jump to that.
I normally just read the manual in a browser so I haven't checked its behavior with a pdf reader.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1069 on: May 01, 2020, 10:51:26 am »
Hello Tautech,

Regards.

Frex

(Note : Is there any reason that the Siglent pdf manual doesn't allow to make text search ? It is very annoying for find something ).
Download manual again from www.siglenteu.com, the official EU site. There is a manual in circulation (downloadable form some of distributors) that has errors in it and search doesn't work properly..

Ignore that, manual from siglenteu.com has errors too. I will check which one doesn't and post here.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 10:53:50 am by 2N3055 »

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1070 on: May 01, 2020, 10:58:35 am »
Hello Tautech,

Regards.

Frex

Download manual again from www.siglenteu.com, the official EU site. There is a manual in circulation (downloadable form some of distributors) that has errors in it and search doesn't work properly..

Ignore that, manual from siglenteu.com has errors too. I will check which one doesn't and post here.

OK, manual from www.siglenteu.com is bad, it throws errors when opening. Manual from siglent.com and Batronix is without errors....

Offline 0xdeadbeef

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1071 on: May 01, 2020, 02:07:26 pm »
More or less the only thing stopping me from ordering the SDS5034X is that it can't be upgraded to 1GHz.

What about a loan?

Is there a (safe) way to remove an option?
Anyway: I figure the hash and algorithm is the same, so basically using "SDS5000X" as model would work?
Trying is the first step towards failure - Homer J. Simpson

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1072 on: May 01, 2020, 02:16:04 pm »

What about a loan?

Is there a (safe) way to remove an option?
Anyway: I figure the hash and algorithm is the same, so basically using "SDS5000X" as model would work?

Yes, but not public.

Yes, because the FW is the same.

Offline MyOpinion

• !
« Reply #1073 on: May 01, 2020, 05:35:30 pm »
Hello friends of the Siglent SDS2000X Plus.
I have just downloaded and tried out the SDS200X Plus manual from the Siglent homepage www.siglenteu.com. It is called "SDS2000X-Plus_UserManual_UM0102XP-E01A.pdf".  Everything works without errors. Also another user has no problems, so the error must be yours. 
Therefore always be careful with error messages, thank you.

Addendum.
I also tried the built-in manual (Help), that works fine too. I have to say, I have a SDS2354X Plus which is not hacked. Hacking is indecent.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 06:54:13 pm by MyOpinion »

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1074 on: May 01, 2020, 06:55:52 pm »
Hello friends of the Siglent SDS2000X Plus.
I have just downloaded and tried out the SDS200X Plus manual from the Siglent homepage www.siglenteu.com. It is called "SDS2000X-Plus_UserManual_UM0102XP-E01A.pdf".  Everything works without errors. Also another user has no problems, so the error must be yours. 
Therefore always be careful with error messages, thank you.

Addendum.
I also tried the built-in manual (Help), that works fine too. I have to say, I have a SDS2354X Plus which is not hacked. Hacking is indecent.

Addendum.
If you have downloaded the manual from the homepage www.siglent.eu there are a few small errors. But www.siglent.eu is not Siglent Europe, it's just a dealer.

Siglent Europa has the homepage www. Siglenteu.com

There are two version of PDF of the same latest version manual out on internet.
One that I downloaded from siglenteu.com , the official Siglent EU site,  ver "UM0102XP-E01A " is called "SDS2000X-Plus_UserManual_UM0102XP-E01A.pdf" and is 25,7 MB (27.022.244 bytes) in size , and gives error when opening. 

Error is : "- The object was not described in the current, or previous, chunks, but a description was found in the next chunks (valid for linearized files)"

Same manual "UM0102XP-E01A", "SDS2000X Plus_UserManual_UM0102XP-E01A.pdf", from siglent.com (official US Siglent site) is 34,9 MB (36.681.527 bytes) in size and gives no error when opening.

But both versions have problem with searching in PDF viewer PDF-XChange Editor. For instance if you search for word "peak" (like peak detect) it doesn't find it. That same search works just fine in SDS5000X PDF Manual. When trying to open it in Adobe reader XI  it crashes the reader completely when you start search.

So no it's not fine..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf