Author Topic: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply  (Read 379111 times)

Offline ozkarah

• Regular Contributor
Re: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply
« Reply #1200 on: September 14, 2023, 01:59:18 am »
Hi Unisoft,

Could you please share how you wired the capacitor bank?

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1201 on: September 14, 2023, 09:11:44 am »
Could you please share how you wired the capacitor bank?
what exactly?
I soldered all capacitors myself, so all capacitors of one channel I soldered in reversed polarity.

Guess I scared off Unisoft with my neverending questions lol.
Why should I get scared?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 09:14:01 am by UniSoft »

The following users thanked this post: ozkarah

Offline ozkarah

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1202 on: September 15, 2023, 10:13:17 am »
what exactly?
I soldered all capacitors myself, so all capacitors of one channel I soldered in reversed polarity.
(Attachment Link)

Thanks UniSoft, I got it now.
I checked the ready-to-use boards at the link, and the polarity was problematic as you described it needs to be converted.

Offline LinuxHata

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1203 on: September 16, 2023, 10:23:20 am »
Is there any alternative firmware for RK6006 ?

The stock firmware has several issues and manufacturer says it should be that way:

1. You can not adust tens of volts.
2. In current setting mode,if you're in 0-9mA range, when you press the encoder, instead of going into 10-99mA range, it goes into A range, so if you have some weak load connected, it will burn instantly!
3. Output voltage and current has notable fluctuations - say I set output voltage to 4V, the display reading will jump from 3.99 to 4.02 each second, and actual output will float from 4V to 4.12V!

Offline SpottedDick

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1204 on: October 01, 2023, 10:24:23 pm »
I know the answer to getting that fucking windows application to work with the default firmware is probably in here somewhere, but I just got it working and want to explain what I did.

Went into my router and set my phones WiFi IP address to something not in use. Say 192.168.178.200.
Used the RDpower Android application to setup the RD6018 WiFi. It now saved its server as 192.168.178.200.
Went back to my router and put my phone on a different IP address. I then set my PCs IP as 192.168.178.200.
Bingo, the Windows application can now connect.

Why the utter fuck is the server IP not an option to configure in the default software?!

The following users thanked this post: BILLPOD

Offline LinuxHata

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1205 on: October 02, 2023, 04:34:58 am »
Brand new RD6012P has issue with negative pole binding post - it gets super hot even at 4A current. And it gets hot from the tip side, not the PCB. I'd like to replace it, but seems that it is directly soldered to PCB, right?

Offline bateau020

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1206 on: October 02, 2023, 05:59:02 am »
Yes, they are soldered directly on the PCB. If you want to replace them, you'd best use a good desoldering gun. But maybe the problem is not the post? Maybe it is the contact with your banana plug?

Offline LinuxHata

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1207 on: October 02, 2023, 08:31:49 am »
I don't use banana plug, I use fork type connector and already tried to replace it - no difference.

Offline bateau020

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1208 on: October 02, 2023, 08:59:22 am »
In that case, before simply replacing it, I would suggest measuring the resistance of the PCB-to-spade/fork connection with a 4W milli-ohm meter, or if you don't have that, with a simple voltmeter while you push a large current through the connection. Compare with the plus terminal. Only if the culprit is really that post, replace it.
It may also be the that the PCB to post solder connection is bad. Or that there is oxidation on the post or spade/fork, that can be cleaned up.

Offline supertrabuco

• Contributor
« Reply #1209 on: October 04, 2023, 09:05:16 pm »

Hello everyone, I have a RD6018 and I would like to make the improvements that UniSoft has implemented for this source. I do not have much experience and I would be very grateful if someone could guide me in the steps to follow and the files that I have to install.

Offline supertrabuco

• Contributor
« Reply #1210 on: October 04, 2023, 09:12:07 pm »
I had forgotten before, many thanks to UniSoft for so much work and greetings to all

Offline bateau020

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1211 on: October 05, 2023, 05:12:34 am »
Hello everyone, I have a RD6018 and I would like to make the improvements that UniSoft has implemented for this source. I do not have much experience and I would be very grateful if someone could guide me in the steps to follow and the files that I have to install.

See https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/custom-firmware-reference-document-for-riden-rd60xx-power-supplies/

Offline LinuxHata

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1212 on: October 05, 2023, 08:23:28 am »
I have thermal camera and heating occurs in the front part of connector,  not pcb side. By the way,  anyone knows inductance of that big inductor? I want to replace it with higher current rated inductor, to reduce heating.

Offline Mindstorm88

• Contributor
« Reply #1213 on: October 05, 2023, 11:56:05 pm »
Hi there,

Am I the only one having a boot problem (hangs on a blank screen) with the latest UniSoft firmware (RD60062_V1.41.1k) ?
I managed to get my RD6006 to start by holding the "ON/OFF" button at startup, but it gets stuck again on the next power cycle :-/
Resetting to default parameters ("0" + Power On) did not help.
My screen is a ST7789.
Everything works fine with the previous version (RD60062_V1.38.1h).
Very nice job UniSoft by the way ! Thank you !

Fredo_

Hi UniSoft , i do get the same problem. I tried to update after removing the wifi module and the rtc battery, no change i always get white screen with 1.41.1k and all good with 1.38.1h.

BTW , when the screen is white the psu is frozen, nothing works in background, so it is not just the screen that does not erspond..

Any idea ???
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 03:11:36 pm by Mindstorm88 »

Offline LinuxHata

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1214 on: October 12, 2023, 01:09:32 pm »
Anyone knows main inductance value of RD6012P ?
I want to install beefier one, to reduce heating.

Offline ozkarah

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1215 on: November 11, 2023, 03:45:41 pm »
It really seems like a shame that the 6006/6012/6012 are all supported but not the 6024.
Why is it like a shame?
This is not a commercial and not profitable project, just a hobby. And I was interested.
As for the RD6024/RD6012P, I don’t have it, and I do not want to spend money on their purchase.

As for the “shame”, it is better for you to write to developers, this is their work, they get money for this (unlike me).
What prevents them from going along the same way that I, to talk with customers, ask what they need, what they want to see in the firmware.

I think it's a shame that the great work you have done is not available on the RD6024 -- that should be taken as a compliment that your work is mightily appreciated and valued.
And it's a shame that the developers who are paid to do this have not done as good a job as you have on your hobby and don't seem to be interested in making anything but minor improvements to the existing firmware. If only they would be responsive to their customers...
And it's a shame that your work is not open source (though that is 100% your prerogative) so that others could extend all the great things you have done to other models without having to rely on your charity since you totally understandably don't have the resources to support other models.'
And finally, it's a shame on me, because if I had known about your great work and it's limitations to the earlier series, I would have ordered a RD6018 instead of a RD6024 -- again a tribute to your great work!

I hope that better explains what I was intending to say...

BTW, if it's a purely a matter of not having access to a 6024, I would be willing to help contribute to buy you one and/or test any mods necessary on my version. Though again, this is your hobby and I totally understand if you lack the time or interest to extend to other models. My hope though was that it would only require a simple change to a couple of limit parameters since otherwise the models and their UI's seem very similar, at least externally.

One of my RK6006s suddenly stopped working. Nothing happens when you connect it to the power supply. (draws 5-10 mA at 24V)
I used the power and MCU boards of the working one and found out the MCU board was faulty.

If possible could you (or someone else) please measure the SMD resistor (1R5 is written on it) and write to here?
According to its label, it is supposed to be 1.5 Ohms but on the working board, I measured 54 Ohms, on the faulty one I measured 5k Ohms.

I marked the resistor on the picture attached.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 05:32:57 pm by ozkarah »

Offline myf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1216 on: November 11, 2023, 06:06:42 pm »
Hello,

Today on aliexpress, I get a rd6012p with its box and its psu for 188eur from RD official Store, thanks to the 11/11 offers.

I make two purchases : one ad for psu at 52eur, and an other for the rd6012p with box and wifi for 134eur. I therefore add twice the discount of 4eur per 20eur up to 80eur...

Have a nice day !

F.

Offline DeKay

« Reply #1217 on: November 13, 2023, 03:27:03 pm »
Can someone briefly summarize the difference between the RuiDeng standard firmware on the "P" models vs the UniSoft firmware?  UniSoft has said that "menu design, strings, and even font was copied from my firmware..." and it sounds like RuiDeng made other improvements as well.  I would like the higher performance of the "P" version but more current than the "non-P" version can provide.  If UniSoft isn't going to support other models and isn't going to open source the software (that is all up to him and ok with me), then I need to decide between more features or more current.  It would be nice to have a better idea of those features I'd be missing out on.

Offline myf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1218 on: November 15, 2023, 01:07:56 pm »
Hello,

I'm buying (this week) the RD6012P and not the RD6006P, because using a (Chinese) device at its maximum capacity is not so safe. Power Supply Units last longer if they are used in the middle of their capacity.   

My aim is to use sigrok (or other linux software) to control this power supply and a relay (by usb) in real time (to charge or discharge a battery, for example).

For me, the usb control capability is more important than the power supply's internal software.

Have a nice day !

F.

The following users thanked this post: DeKay

Offline Selin

« Reply #1219 on: November 15, 2023, 01:37:11 pm »
For me, the RD6012P model has the only cons - the necessity of manual switching between 6A (0.1mA precision) and 12A (1mA precision) modes (including power limit).

Also, it has non-optimal schema to balance load between the two main transistors - they are just paralleled without balancing resistors.

The following users thanked this post: myf, DeKay

Offline nardev

• Supporter
« Reply #1220 on: November 17, 2023, 09:28:29 pm »
I see that this is quite a big RIDEN topic, i hope you would not mind if i ask something about it.

The one that i set up, RIDEN RD6006 has Meanwell power supply 24V 1.1A.

More than i actually need.

How reliable is the power consumption logger?
How do i understand those columns?

I just want to know how much power would be consumed after X minutes? I tried logging 5 minutes here for 3 different cases.

Offline crispus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1221 on: November 20, 2023, 08:44:31 pm »
Hello,

It seems that the voltage last value is saved to M0 (between restarts) only if it is entered via keypad. Using the rotary knob doesn't seem to save it. Do I miss something?
RD6006, v1.41.1k.

Thank you!
I know I'm numskull, but I look around me and I feel better.

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1222 on: November 22, 2023, 11:08:40 am »
Did anybody tried to connect the output of two similar units (rd600xx, rk6006) in series to create a simetrical power supply output? both units should use different input power source.

Offline Pukker

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1223 on: November 27, 2023, 10:54:04 am »
Did anybody tried to connect the output of two similar units (rd600xx, rk6006) in series to create a simetrical power supply output? both units should use different input power source.

For safety use two diodes for protection when one of the supplys stops working or settings are not correct.
Diodes have to be able to transfer the max current.

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1224 on: November 27, 2023, 05:47:42 pm »

For safety use two diodes for protection when one of the supplys stops working or settings are not correct.
Diodes have to be able to transfer the max current.

The idea was to use the center point also, for eg. +12v 0v -12v not just series. My use for these is to connect opamps and test some boards that demand a simetrical PS. BTW according to Ruideng the developer of these modules, it is forbidden to connect them in series and also in parallel they will burn. I think I will continue to use my homemade analog PS for this. Dc-Dc converters have issues when connected in series or parallel even with prottection diodes, I've blown some cheap dc-dc buck converters trying this, they look ok but at some point they fail. I wasn't able to do it successfully and I tried several different solutions I've found on schematics foruns and so on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf