Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 2204736 times)

Offline carloscuev

• Regular Contributor
    • Spanish Freescale Developers Forum
Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #1425 on: November 10, 2012, 04:05:15 pm »
Hi beard, would you mind sending me the link too? Or posting it here ! I want to see if they've fixed a bug that's pretty annoying to me :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 05:28:38 pm by carloscuev »

Offline fehrudi

« Reply #1426 on: November 10, 2012, 05:23:51 pm »

I've flashed the original firmware that I've backed up with the fw3dump tool and did the hack one more time.
Unfortunately the behaviour is the same. So I don't think it's caused by doing something wrong in the software changes from dst1062b to dst1202b.

Is it possible that this is a hardware problem? I mean that the components of this particular device can't handle this high bandwidths?

The silly thing is that I needed to solder cables in the appropriate pinheader holes of the UART, thus the warranty should be gone...

I have a PCE DSO5062B, I've hacked it a while ago and it's running fine for about 15 minutes.

But I'm very disappointed by the number of bugs in the firmware (120808).  :(

Offline noWhereMan

« Reply #1427 on: November 10, 2012, 08:04:29 pm »

I have a PCE DSO5062B, I've hacked it a while ago and it's running fine for about 15 minutes.

But I'm very disappointed by the number of bugs in the firmware (120808).  :(

that does not  very inviting.

Offline tinheadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #1428 on: November 10, 2012, 08:07:09 pm »
I've flashed the original firmware that I've backed up with the fw3dump tool and did the hack one more time.
Unfortunately the behaviour is the same. So I don't think it's caused by doing something wrong in the software changes from dst1062b to dst1202b.

hmm, after you flashed the org. dump you should first run tests to see if the device is working, simply to eliminate the DOA possibility. If everything fine then you can run hacks. If after hack the device didn't work as expected something is wrong with your hack, there is nothing special on the PCE DSOs and other users already reported no issues.

Is it possible that this is a hardware problem?

if then only DOA.

I mean that the components of this particular device can't handle this high bandwidths?

ehm, no ... what you said is nonsense :) Thsi could be only truth if you would feed RF signal and observe distortions
or other bw limitation issues, or crash after minutes of feeding with RF, but your DSO is crashing with "no signal".

The silly thing is that I needed to solder cables in the appropriate pinheader holes of the UART, thus the warranty should be gone...

i don't think so, i got at least two DSOs with pin headers already soldered. I don't think that PCE is having pictures of every DSOs inside.
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1429 on: November 10, 2012, 08:10:18 pm »
that does not  very inviting.

then just don't buy it.
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline Penguin36

• Contributor
« Reply #1430 on: November 12, 2012, 04:20:05 pm »
I got the 60MHz DSO from PCE-Instruments and wonder if I can just flash the firmware from Hantek, or Tekway? Which one is newer, or more bug free?

For the next days I test the device without hack, just to make sure it works fine.

Other question is, how to easily generate a test signal with 50, 100 or 200MHz to test the dso? Because my generator only offers 2MHz max. Any tips for cheap solutions?

Thank you very much and keep the good work going.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1431 on: November 20, 2012, 12:47:16 am »
I got the 60MHz DSO from PCE-Instruments and wonder if I can just flash the firmware from Hantek, or Tekway? Which one is newer, or more bug free?

currently the HanTekway "team" is working on the firmware, they got a long list with bugs from each every model,
and they got a list of "common" things which are not equal on the B/BM/BMV/Handheld/MSO models.
They additionaly busy with bug fixing all the issues which Extech found. Haha, that's funny story - Hantek
actually selling their Handhelds (these which are based on the DSO 2.0 platform, which is this thread about)
to Extech, and they selling their their "new products", yeah, typical Extech

http://www.extech.com/instruments/product.asp?catid=16&prodid=694

But unfortunately someone not tested properly and i heard lot of ppl whi already bought from Extech are pissed off,
so HanTekway team have to fix these issues as well.

I hope they will "wake up" and work faster, i'm pissed off about what they doing, it was such a great DSO
platfrom, but they screwing up more and more. They should increase price by few $ and pay some skilled QC ppl,
really they should change something or soon nobody anymore will buy these DSO/MSOs.

Let's sumirize - no matter what firmware, the latest B benchtop version (which is what you need for PCE-Instruments DSO)
is stable - but it does have few small bugs.

For the next days I test the device without hack, just to make sure it works fine.

which is always good idea.

Other question is, how to easily generate a test signal with 50, 100 or 200MHz to test the dso? Because my generator only offers 2MHz max. Any tips for cheap solutions?

e.g. Crystal Oscillator and two FFs would be easy to build, but metter could be DIY generator with µC and (DS)PLL chips
like SiLabs http://www.silabs.com/products/clocksoscillators/Pages/default.aspx

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1432 on: November 20, 2012, 12:56:54 am »
Hi beard, would you mind sending me the link too? Or posting it here ! I want to see if they've fixed a bug that's pretty annoying to me :)

attached "cleaned-up" dump. It contains only files which can be repalced on Handheld.

Download, rename to tar.gz (yeah, forum filter) and unpack to Handheld file which you wish to be updated.
MD5 81539ffc1baac47aaa4788a92315d3d8

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1433 on: November 20, 2012, 01:15:01 am »
I will try to figure out what those messages mean, but are they normal, have you seen those before?

yes, they are normal, they are just a "tick" from the driver. And yes, i saw them on handheld as well,
so nothing to worry about (but if you dont like the message -> customized script or driver or control app - don't remember where the message was - without the stupid message can be easy created).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:16:45 am by tinhead »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1434 on: November 26, 2012, 04:35:54 pm »
there is a new firmware for Benchtop DSO

http://www.hantek.com.cn/english/down_list.asp?Unid=30
(e.g. http://www.hantek.com.cn/Product/DSO5000Series/DSO5062B_Firmware.zip )
This fw will work with :
- all Tekway DST1xxxB models (not to use with MST1xxxB!)
- all Hantek DSO5xxxB models (not to use with BM/BM or MSO!)
- all Voltcraft DSO3062C
- all PCE DSO5xxxB models (not to use with BM/BM or MSO)

I haven't checked deeper what changed, i'm busy with other things right now,
however it was so far working.

Offline MasterFX

« Reply #1435 on: November 26, 2012, 09:54:41 pm »
Hi guys,
I'm new here and since the a couple of weeks I'm just reading your great stuff in this forum.

First of all thanks to all - but espacially tinhead - for the great work and sharing all the stuff.

After I read all the stuff here I'm thinking about to buy me the Tekway/Hantek Scope (not necessarily to hack it, more because the good value for the money).

I searched a lot of sources where to buy this DSO. So I found some Hantek on AliExpress for about $400 which is in Germany including taxes about 370€.

After I found the Voltcraft DSO3062C hint in this thread I realized it is not available anymore.
BUT I found the the Conrad shop a new one "Voltcraft DSO-1062D". It looks exactly like the Hantek. Could it be the same like the first called DSO3062C ?! Its 329€: http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/122485/VOLTCRAFT-DSO-1062D-2-Kanal-Oszilloskop-Digitales-Speicheroszilloskop-Bandbreite-60-MHz/1113030&ref=list

One mismatch I found is that the DSO-1062D's LCD is specified with 800x400 (the Hantek/Tekway has 800x480, but maybe it is just a mistake because if you zoom the picture you see the resolition is quoted with 800x480 on the bottom label. In the description is also 800x480)

Regards
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 10:16:51 pm by MasterFX »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1436 on: November 26, 2012, 11:19:53 pm »
yeah, finaly Conrad recognized that it does not make sense to sell 1GS/s models as 500MS/s, so they quickly
ordered new stickers and here we go - 1GS/s DSO-1062D. The bw, memory depth and sampling rate is matching
the Hantek DSO5062B, so everything fine. The TFT resolution is for sure typo, so dont worry about.

Offline walt

• Contributor
« Reply #1437 on: November 27, 2012, 06:18:29 pm »
I haven't checked deeper what changed

1. mode Average, Mem Depth 4K, Average > 16.
2. switch  Mem Depth to 40K
Device not automatical switch to Average = 16, whitch this supported in 40K mode.
But and no hang (fw 120808), or White Screen Of Death (fw 120808.2)  ;D

Offline kresimir

« Reply #1438 on: November 27, 2012, 09:08:03 pm »
"...so they quickly ordered new stickers and here we go...", yeah... new stickers but again not correct  :-DD On sticker is 100 MHz and 500MS/s :) But in   Highlights & Details is: 60 MHz Bandbreite
                                                                  1 GS/s Realtime-Samplingrate, 25 GS/s equivalent.
MasterFX... in product page of DSO3062C (http://www.conrad.at/ce/de/product/122464), resolution is 800 x 400 pixels too.
Can anyone confirm that this is the same device as 3062C (Hantek DSO5062B) ???

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1439 on: November 27, 2012, 09:16:00 pm »
"...so they quickly ordered new stickers and here we go...", yeah... new stickers but again not correct  :-DD On sticker is 100 MHz and 500MS/s :) But in   Highlights & Details is: 60 MHz Bandbreite
                                                                  1 GS/s Realtime-Samplingrate, 25 GS/s equivalent.
MasterFX... in product page of DSO3062C (http://www.conrad.at/ce/de/product/122464), resolution is 800 x 400 pixels too.
Can anyone confirm that this is the same device as 3062C (Hantek DSO5062B) ???

what is your point? It is described as 1GS/s DSO, with 1Mpoint memory, so it is what it should be.

Offline kresimir

« Reply #1440 on: November 27, 2012, 09:33:38 pm »
what is your point? It is described as 1GS/s DSO, with 1Mpoint memory, so it is what it should be.
On sticker is 100 MHz... instead of 60 MHz.

Offline MasterFX

« Reply #1441 on: November 27, 2012, 09:55:22 pm »
On sticker is 100 MHz... instead of 60 MHz.
I would say they edit the old picture with Photoshop without having the real picture of the scope... so the small mistakes did also survive in the new picture. I'll buy the 1062C next week or so. I will post some "real" images. I'm pretty sure thats an Hantek inside. If not I'll give it back to Conrad.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1442 on: November 28, 2012, 11:44:26 pm »
I've tested (together with 2 other ppl) the latest firmware (2.06.3_121027.0) and updated the inofficial BUG LIST.
You can find it directly (as attachement) in the first posting of this thread.

Offline AndreIIR

« Reply #1443 on: November 29, 2012, 11:02:40 pm »
Hi i am new here , i bough a

DSO1060

2 ch 60 MHz

250 MS/s

Is there much hardware  diference between this and DSO1062b bv bvb

?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1444 on: November 29, 2012, 11:08:45 pm »
i bough a DSO1060
Is there much hardware  diference between this and DSO1062b bv bvb?

almost (i think battery might be the same, enclosure and test leads for sure) everything is different,
starting from Operating System and ending on hardware platform, ADCs, FPGA, SoC, Display ...

Offline YX-360TR

« Reply #1445 on: November 30, 2012, 01:45:00 pm »
DSO5102b, bought on 2nd November. Received at the post office on November 24. Firmware version - coincides with the version on the official website Hantek

1. ?ow to change the color of the waveform from blue to red.
2. Why after power Oscilloscope 2-3 minutes may restart: resets all settings and loaded the default settings.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:47:41 pm by YX-360TR »

Offline grzywacz

« Reply #1446 on: December 05, 2012, 11:54:47 pm »
Hi,

My first post here - I want to buy an oscilloscope in the next week or so and that conrad.de thing got me very curious. Any confirmation that the VOLTCRAFT DSO-3062C and D models are actually the same thing as Tekway DST1062B hardware- and software-wise? Even the D one would be a decent deal for a beginner like me.

Thanks!

Offline kresimir

« Reply #1447 on: December 06, 2012, 01:32:16 pm »
Hi,

My first post here - I want to buy an oscilloscope in the next week or so and that conrad.de thing got me very curious. Any confirmation that the VOLTCRAFT DSO-3062C and D models are actually the same thing as Tekway DST1062B hardware- and software-wise? Even the D one would be a decent deal for a beginner like me.

Thanks!

Could you send me the link for VOLTCRAFT DSO-3062C on conrad.de???

Offline Freeze

« Reply #1448 on: December 07, 2012, 10:19:10 am »
Hi,

Thanks!

Could you send me the link for VOLTCRAFT DSO-3062C on conrad.de???
Unfortunately it's already sold out: http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/122464/VOLTCRAFT-DSO-3062C-DIGITAL-OSZILLOSKOP

The alternative would be: http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/122485/VOLTCRAFT-DSO-1062D-2-Kanal-Oszilloskop-Digitales-Speicheroszilloskop-Bandbreite-60-MHz

Offline kresimir

« Reply #1449 on: December 07, 2012, 04:36:26 pm »
Yes I know. Therefore, I was not clear why the interest for VOLTCRAFT DSO-3062C. MasterFX will buy 1062C so I'm waiting hes review.
Does anyone else have experience with 1062C, and witch firmware they use?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf