Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 2205288 times)

Tehnik and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline oneeye

Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #2525 on: October 16, 2014, 08:53:02 am »

OK Guys, I think I've solved it.
    I was reading through page 158 when a came across a reply from Rosaharn to Pezibaer about 'Probe problems', and I thought 'I haven't tried the other probe'.
    I'm one happy bunny, all is now back to normal (See attached screen shot).
    So it was just a 'bad' probe.
    Well it may help someone with a similar problem, so I will leave the post in place.

Thanks guys and especially tinhead for a fantastic thread, if it were up to me I'd nominate him for the 'Nobel Prize'.

oneeye

Judging by the screenshots, it looks like you switched the probe attenuation to X1, from the default X10. Try moving the switch on the handle of the "bad" probe to X10 and it should work normally.

Hey J.Sjolund
                      You were right. I feel such a 'pillock' for not checking, but on the 'bad' probe, it's not much of a switch, it just slides freely about, so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad.
Thanks anyway for the heads up and the quick response.

oneeye

Offline brainwash

• Frequent Contributor
    • Hack Correlation
« Reply #2526 on: October 29, 2014, 09:15:02 pm »
HW1007 with DSO-B-custom_2.06.3_130814 firmware here.

I've looked really really carefully and indeed there seems to be a DPO-like display with about 2 or 3 intensities. There should be 4, but anyway :) I've noticed that persistence must be set to off (even though 0.2s seems usable as well) AND the intensity of the beam to ~8 out of 15 AND the display refresh rate set to auto.
Is there any way to improve this 'DPO' mode and keep the 50Hz update rate? I mean, if it's doing 2000 wfm/s then 40 wfms should be enough for 4 intensity gradings. The reason I'm asking is that the scope is more responsive in 50Hz mode while in auto it randomly 'freezes' for variable durations (50-400ms) which is kind of annoying.

The utility menu has some filters - high, low, bandpass, stop. Where are these used? I cannot see any effect.

Does anyone have a workflow for capturing sporadic serial data? I'm looking for a replacement for segmented memory here. Theoretically there's this wave menu that with the right trigger should provide this, but is anyone using the scope for studying longer streams of data?

Is anyone using the scope through a computer and in what way? I would like to know if there is some solution to do long-term logging or extracting digital data from a waveform. I'm curios to see if there are other use-cases as well, like sweeping at the same time with a power supply.
Last time I tried to the Windows application (~2 years ago) it was lagging a lot, like it was using serial over USB1.1

My scope is pretty close to my power supply and at one point it had <5cm from it. I've noticed that the scope got slower but the air did not seem hot, just the usual warmth. Is there anything like a thermal protection where it slows down?
Restarting the scope did not cure the issue, so it's probably not a software bug.

Last question as this is getting too long: has anyone used the scope with Raspberry PI/BeagleBone/Banana Pi/... ? If yes, for what and with what software?

Thanks

Offline tinheadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
Re: Help please!DSO5102P
« Reply #2527 on: October 31, 2014, 04:19:27 pm »
Help please, ostsillograf , my son wanted to install Russian language using DSO-USB-Tool, tab Read / Write File (F4) in the window 'Filename' bottom put 'Russian.lan' and hit Write. Now all the time breaks USB connection with the program 'DigitalScope', 'default setup' does not reset the color. Can someone give bekup? Help please!

color can not be reset to default.

Is the oscilloscope working or not working anymore?
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2528 on: November 01, 2014, 04:44:44 pm »
sorry, but i can't communicate like that, to be able to repair something we first have to be able to talk to each other somehow. Post error message in your native language, maybe here is someone who can help you.
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline TESSET

« Reply #2529 on: November 02, 2014, 05:38:33 pm »
sorry, but i can't communicate like that, to be able to repair something we first have to be able to talk to each other somehow. Post error message in your native language, maybe here is someone who can help you.
Great forum  :-+, if you read the first page, you learn a lot. tinhead, thank you!

Offline Whistle

Re: Logo extraction tool for DSO5000
« Reply #2530 on: November 03, 2014, 01:23:26 pm »
The logo is stored as 16bit RGB565 values and one can binary patch the kernel without the need to recompile everything.

I've discovered that my bootloader allows kernel testing over USB. You can see the new menu in this serial capture.
Code: [Select]
##### EmbedSky BIOS for SKY2416/TQ2416 #####
This Board: SDRAM is 64MB; LCD display size is: 800 X 480
Press Space key to Download Mode.!
SD:File System init failed!

##### Boot for SKY2416/TQ2416 Main Menu #####
#####     EmbedSky USB download mode     #####

[1] Download u-boot or STEPLDR.nb1 or other bootloader to Nand Flash
[2] Download Eboot (eboot.nb0) to Nand Flash
[3] Download Linux Kernel (zImage.bin) to Nand Flash
[4] Download LOGO Picture (logo.bin) to Nand  Flash
[5] Download UBIFS image (root.ubi) to Nand Flash
[6] Download YAFFS image (root.bin) to Nand Flash
[7] Download Program to SDRAM and Run it
[8] Boot the system
[9] Format the Nand Flash
[0] Set the boot parameters
[a] Download User Program
[n] Enter TFTP download mode menu
[r] Reboot u-boot
[t] Test Linux Image (zImage)
Enter your selection: 0

##### Parameter Menu #####
[1] Set NFS boot parameter
[2] Set Yaffs boot parameter for Standard Linux
[3] Set UBIfs boot parameter for Standard Linux
[4] Set parameter
[5] View the parameters
[d] Delete parameter
[s] Save the parameters to Nand Flash
[q] Return main Menu
Enter your selection: 5
Name(enter to view all paramters):
bootargs=noinitrd ubi.mtd=3 root=ubi0:rootfs rootfstype=ubifs init=/linuxrc console=ttySAC0 mem=64M
bootcmd=nand read.jffs2 c0008000 kernel;bootm c0008000
bootdelay=1
baudrate=115200
ethaddr=10:23:45:67:89:ab
ipaddr=192.168.1.6
serverip=192.168.1.8
gatewayip=192.168.1.2
netmask=255.255.255.0
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
stderr=serial
ethact=dm9000
mtdids=nand0=nandflash0
mtdparts=mtdparts=nandflash0:512k@0(bios),512k(params),2048K(logo),4m(kernel),-(root)
partition=nand0,0
mtddevnum=0
mtddevname=bios

##### Boot for SKY2416/TQ2416 Main Menu #####
#####     EmbedSky USB download mode     #####

[1] Download u-boot or STEPLDR.nb1 or other bootloader to Nand Flash
[2] Download Eboot (eboot.nb0) to Nand Flash
[3] Download Linux Kernel (zImage.bin) to Nand Flash
[4] Download LOGO Picture (logo.bin) to Nand  Flash
[5] Download UBIFS image (root.ubi) to Nand Flash
[6] Download YAFFS image (root.bin) to Nand Flash
[7] Download Program to SDRAM and Run it
[8] Boot the system
[9] Format the Nand Flash
[0] Set the boot parameters
[a] Download User Program
[n] Enter TFTP download mode menu
[r] Reboot u-boot
[t] Test Linux Image (zImage)
Enter your selection: t
Now, Please connect to USB cable and USB interface!
Once the kernel is tested you may also flash it via the same method.
There is a dnw utility for linux too:
Code: [Select]
git clone https://github.com/changbindu/dnw-linux.gitEnter bootloader by pressing space in console and then use dnw and a USB cable to transfer the new kernel.

So my little C program works and this is my new logo screen of my scope.
Thanks for sharing. I tested your program and successfully change the logo in my Voltcraft DSO-1602D (sn > 15000)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2531 on: November 07, 2014, 07:32:25 pm »
Hantek just released GPL sources for Kernel/drivers and some test tools for Hantek HDG AWG,
but they contain as well sources for Handhelds and benchtop Hantek DSOs, so go and grab it
if you wish to hack something ! This are the best Hantek GPL sources ever, and yes, they only
for gears based on Samsung S3C2416 SoC.

http://www.hantek.com/download/HDG.zip

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2532 on: November 08, 2014, 01:05:40 am »
Hantek just released GPL sources for Kernel/drivers and some test tools for Hantek HDG AWG,
but they contain as well sources for Handhelds and benchtop Hantek DSOs, so go and grab it
if you wish to hack something ! This are the best Hantek GPL sources ever, and yes, they only
for gears based on Samsung S3C2416 SoC.

http://www.hantek.com/download/HDG.zip
Oh wow! I'm downloading now - I want to make my MSO5102D actually do something useful with its logic analyzer. Having the source I'm sure I could implement protocol decoding, even if it's only over the USB link to the PC. Also making it USB SCPI compliant won't hurt either.

Offline robots

• Contributor
« Reply #2533 on: November 09, 2014, 07:32:47 pm »

Oh wow! I'm downloading now - I want to make my MSO5102D actually do something useful with its logic analyzer. Having the source I'm sure I could implement protocol decoding, even if it's only over the USB link to the PC. Also making it USB SCPI compliant won't hurt either.

It would probably make sense to implement the "data transfer protocol" into sigrok http://sigrok.org/. There are lot of protocol decoding routines already written.

Offline cosmos

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2534 on: November 09, 2014, 08:11:52 pm »
for those interested:
Hantek file for 5102D apparently dated november 8th 2014.

File lives at this link for 7 days.
http://wikisend.com/download/177122/dst1kb_func_hantek_mso5102d_20141108.0.up

Note: I have not tested this file and have no idea if it works (I have long ago given up on Hantek being serious about anything)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2535 on: November 09, 2014, 10:04:20 pm »
where you got that file? Nice to see that they still have 2.07.1 version (which is for the MSOs with S3C2440 SoC only)

Offline claudeR

« Reply #2536 on: November 10, 2014, 03:27:55 pm »
Hi everybody, this is my first post I have been reading this very long thread and found it very interesting, I got myself a Hantek MSO5202D and I am generally very happy with it. I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, if not could someone direct me to the right place.  I would like to write a program to access the oscilloscope under Windows but can seems to find a way to access the driver. I have littler experience with accessing drivers (only did it on a parallel port) but when it comes to USB I have no clues. I read the Das Oszi web pages with the protocol which seems simple enough but I tried using the windows CreateFile to open the device \\?\usb#vid_049f&pid_505a#5&b877f8b&0&2#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed} which is the Hantek oscillocope and it returns a valid file HANDLE however any WriteFile or ReadFile return an invalid operation (error code 1 from GetLastError()) Any clues on how to do this?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2537 on: November 10, 2014, 03:41:43 pm »
Hi everybody, this is my first post I have been reading this very long thread and found it very interesting, I got myself a Hantek MSO5202D and I am generally very happy with it. I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, if not could someone direct me to the right place.  I would like to write a program to access the oscilloscope under Windows but can seems to find a way to access the driver. I have littler experience with accessing drivers (only did it on a parallel port) but when it comes to USB I have no clues. I read the Das Oszi web pages with the protocol which seems simple enough but I tried using the windows CreateFile to open the device \\?\usb#vid_049f&pid_505a#5&b877f8b&0&2#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed} which is the Hantek oscillocope and it returns a valid file HANDLE however any WriteFile or ReadFile return an invalid operation (error code 1 from GetLastError()) Any clues on how to do this?

there is the Bandwidth Changer tool, the archive does include windows sources, so you can learn from that how to access the driver

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek-tekway-dso-hack-get-200mhz-bw-for-free/msg91877/

Offline claudeR

« Reply #2538 on: November 11, 2014, 01:50:13 am »
Thanks, guys this is exactly what I was looking for. Modified my test software and now I can read the scope status (the current status of all settings). I noticed something unusual, it seems that when a knob is turned (the Ch1 Volts/div ) the status does not seems to change right away, I have to request several times before the value changes. I will have to confirm that the data request is sent and that the reply is received using a USB protocol sniffer to confirm, but if its true it might explain why the software supplied is so slow!!!

Again thank you very much.

ClaudeR

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2539 on: November 11, 2014, 06:38:59 am »

Again thank you very much.

you welcome, and bte here is the protocol described (in case you missed that link)

http://www.mikrocontroller.net/articles/Hantek_Protokoll

for MSOs there are few new values, they not yet added into that article

Offline claudeR

« Reply #2540 on: November 12, 2014, 07:56:11 pm »
Thanks, I already new about the link an so far I have been able to extract the protocol.inf file from the scope which has entries for the LA at the end. However it seems that although you can control the scope with the protocol described in the link there does not seems to be a way to read the measured values. For example if I want to read the signal amplitude using the VPP measurement of the scope, it seems like the measured value is not available anywhere...

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2541 on: November 12, 2014, 09:39:45 pm »
the measured value is only available if channel is active and acquisition running (not in stop mode). Another thing is, the measured value is no gated, nor based on full buffer vaules bit only on what on screen. One can made it much better, when you read the whole sampled data, you can then run measurments on your own and choose how the measurment have to be taken (frame - so what on display, gated - so between two cursors, full buffer based). And of course once the data has been read you don't have to care about DSO status (stopped, running)

Offline claudeR

« Reply #2542 on: November 13, 2014, 11:43:42 am »
I understand this but there does not seems to be a place as indicated in the protocol file where the readings would be stored to look at and performing my own measurements is much more work than reading the value from the scope if it is possible.  The communication protocol described in the link does not seem to contain a command to read measured values either. There is only MEASURE-ITEMx-SRC (the channel where the measurement is taken), and MEASURE-ITEMx (the type of measurement to be made) if the value is really available could you indicate where would I find it before I start coding all kind of complex waveform buffer analysis. Here is a copy of the protocol.inf file as read from my scope if it can help. Thank you.

[TOTAL]  218   
[START]   
[VERT-CH1-DISP]            1   
[VERT-CH1-VB]              1   
[VERT-CH1-COUP]            1   
[VERT-CH1-20MHZ]           1   
[VERT-CH1-FINE]            1   
[VERT-CH1-PROBE]           1   
[VERT-CH1-RPHASE]          1   
[VERT-CH1-CNT-FINE]        1   
[VERT-CH1-POS]             2   
[VERT-CH2-DISP]            1   
[VERT-CH2-VB]              1   
[VERT-CH2-COUP]            1   
[VERT-CH2-20MHZ]           1   
[VERT-CH2-FINE]            1   
[VERT-CH2-PROBE]           1   
[VERT-CH2-RPHASE]          1   
[VERT-CH2-CNT-FINE]        1   
[VERT-CH2-POS]             2   
[TRIG-STATE]               1   
[TRIG-TYPE]                1   
[TRIG-SRC]                 1   
[TRIG-MODE]                1   
[TRIG-COUP]                1   
[TRIG-VPOS]                2   
[TRIG-FREQUENCY]           8   
[TRIG-HOLDTIME-MIN]        8   
[TRIG-HOLDTIME-MAX]        8   
[TRIG-HOLDTIME]            8   
[TRIG-EDGE-SLOPE]          1   
[TRIG-VIDEO-NEG]           1   
[TRIG-VIDEO-PAL]           1   
[TRIG-VIDEO-SYN]           1   
[TRIG-VIDEO-LINE]          2   
[TRIG-PULSE-NEG]           1   
[TRIG-PULSE-WHEN]          1   
[TRIG-PULSE-TIME]          8   
[TRIG-SLOPE-SET]           1   
[TRIG-SLOPE-WIN]           1   
[TRIG-SLOPE-WHEN]          1   
[TRIG-SLOPE-V1]            2   
[TRIG-SLOPE-V2]            2   
[TRIG-SLOPE-TIME]          8   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-TYPE]       1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-MODE]       1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-COUP]       1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-EDGE-SLOPE] 1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-VIDEO-NEG]  1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-VIDEO-PAL]  1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-VIDEO-SYN]  1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-VIDEO-LINE] 2   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-PULSE-NEG]  1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-PULSE-WHEN] 1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-PULSE-TIME] 1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-SLOPE-SET]  1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-SLOPE-WIN]  1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-SLOPE-WHEN] 1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-SLOPE-V1]   2   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-SLOPE-V2]   2   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH1-SLOPE-TIME] 8   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-TYPE]       1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-MODE]       1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-COUP]       1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-EDGE-SLOPE] 1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-VIDEO-NEG]  1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-VIDEO-PAL]  1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-VIDEO-SYN]  1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-VIDEO-LINE] 2   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-PULSE-NEG]  1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-PULSE-WHEN] 1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-PULSE-TIME] 8   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-SLOPE-SET]  1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-SLOPE-WIN]  1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-SLOPE-WHEN] 1   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-SLOPE-V1]   2   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-SLOPE-V2]   2   
[TRIG-SWAP-CH2-SLOPE-TIME] 8   
[TRIG-OVERTIME-NEG]        1   
[TRIG-OVERTIME-TIME]       8   
[HORIZ-TB]                 1   
[HORIZ-WIN-TB]             1   
[HORIZ-WIN-STATE]          1   
[HORIZ-TRIGTIME]           8   
[MATH-DISP]                1   
[MATH-MODE]                1   
[MATH-FFT-SRC]             1   
[MATH-FFT-WIN]             1   
[MATH-FFT-FACTOR]          1   
[MATH-FFT-DB]              1   
[DISPLAY-MODE]             1   
[DISPLAY-PERSIST]          1   
[DISPLAY-FORMAT]           1   
[DISPLAY-CONTRAST]         1   
[DISPLAY-MAXCONTRAST]      1   
[DISPLAY-GRID-KIND]        1   
[DISPLAY-GRID-BRIGHT]      1   
[DISPLAY-MAXGRID-BRIGHT]   1   
[ACQURIE-MODE]             1   
[ACQURIE-AVG-CNT]          1   
[ACQURIE-TYPE]             1   
[ACQURIE-STORE-DEPTH]      1   
[MEASURE-ITEM1-SRC]        1   
[MEASURE-ITEM1]            1   
[MEASURE-ITEM2-SRC]        1   
[MEASURE-ITEM2]            1   
[MEASURE-ITEM3-SRC]        1   
[MEASURE-ITEM3]            1   
[MEASURE-ITEM4-SRC]        1   
[MEASURE-ITEM4]            1   
[MEASURE-ITEM5-SRC]        1   
[MEASURE-ITEM5]            1   
[MEASURE-ITEM6-SRC]        1   
[MEASURE-ITEM6]            1   
[MEASURE-ITEM7-SRC]        1   
[MEASURE-ITEM7]            1   
[MEASURE-ITEM8-SRC]        1   
[MEASURE-ITEM8]            1   
[CONTROL-TYPE]             1   
[CONTROL-MENUID]           1   
[CONTROL-DISP-MENU]        1   
[LA-SWI]                   1   
[LA-CHANNEL-STATE]         2   
[LA-CURRENT-CHANNEL]       1   
[LA-D7-D0-THRESHOLD-TYPE]   1
[LA-D15-D8-THRESHOLD-TYPE]   1
[LA-D7-D0-USER-THRESHOLD-VOLT]   2
[LA-D15-D8-USER-THRESHOLD-VOLT]   2
[END]   

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2543 on: November 13, 2014, 04:01:33 pm »
no, there is nothing as such, or better said all you can get is via the measure-item (but only if they selected and enabled and data available). Measurments on DSO are anyway slowing down the capture rate, so it is actually better to capture waveform, push it to PC and run what so ever necessary analysis on PC (while waiting for next data frame from DSO).

Offline firepower

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2544 on: November 13, 2014, 04:52:40 pm »
I am thinking of buying the Hantek DSO5000 off ebay.au due to this great forum post. The only other oscilloscope that seem popular is the siglent, how do siglents SDS1000 compare? Is a record depth of greater than 40K have much advantage?

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:07:51 pm by firepower »

Offline TheBay

• Supporter
« Reply #2545 on: November 13, 2014, 05:34:20 pm »

Offline alex_pescaru

• Contributor
« Reply #2546 on: November 19, 2014, 04:44:56 pm »
Hi,

Newbie here...
I've just got my hands on an 100MHz Hantek oscilloscope, branded MCP Lab Electronics.
Besides the oscilloscope, it has an 16 channel signal analyzer.
http://www.mcpsh.com/DQ1000D%20Series.html

Model: DQ1102D
SW: 3.2.35 (140312.0)
HW: 1010x55778340
SN: T 1G/012 019xxx

Is it possible to apply the same hacks?
Because, for this particular scope, I didn't find any correct software.
Also, can I help the community with something regarding this scope?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 04:51:39 pm by alex_pescaru »

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2547 on: November 20, 2014, 01:17:19 am »
According to the technical specifications stipulated on http://www.mcpsh.com/DQ1000D%20Series.html, DQ1102D is similar to DSO5102D.
You may try to use its SW.  ^-^

Offline LEDAero

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2548 on: November 24, 2014, 06:52:04 am »
Being in the market for an affordable scope, this thread is of some interest.

Given that the 60MHz Hantek scopes are able to be hacked to 200MHz, is there any reason to buy anything else?

With the alphabet soup of model names, from what I could gather, it looks like, for an entry level user, the DSO5072P is the way to go.

Unless you can offer another recommendation?

Offline firepower

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2549 on: November 24, 2014, 12:30:21 pm »
The Rigol DS1054Z is worth considering if you can afford to spend a bit more. It is also hackable to 100MHz and can enable all  internal software options.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf