Author Topic: EEZ Bench Box 3 - Sequel to EEZ H24005  (Read 154511 times)

Offline mcdanlj

• Contributor
Re: EEZ Bench Box 3 - Sequel to EEZ H24005
« Reply #375 on: October 10, 2020, 04:23:58 pm »
While some of you might hate me for this...

I cannot describe my sadness that the backers who helped in the realization of this project will not be able to get new modules. :palm:

I figure as a backer, if my DCP405s die young, I'll be in better shape if you are in a financial position to support the platform! ☺

The following users thanked this post: Kean, AlanS, Andrew McNamara

Offline AlanS

• Supporter
« Reply #376 on: October 10, 2020, 10:41:50 pm »
And look at all those new test modules coming....

The following users thanked this post: danielbriggs

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #377 on: October 12, 2020, 06:59:36 pm »
The first fruits of the journey to the US and back to the EU have appeared. A customer who managed to buy from Mouser directly BB3 today sent me what he got. I had a problem with dropped capacitors on at least two dozens of DCP405 modules I got from Bolek & Lolek Enterprise. Unfortunately, I obviously failed to detect this problem on all modules so more similar problems can be expected.

What is more worrying is the dropout of components with the BP3C backplane. I didn’t notice this while testing the modules and I believe this will be an exception.

These problems are not difficult to correct, but it leaves a bad impression. Please send me or post pictures directly here if you encounter similar problems. I apologize in advance for the inconvenience.

The following users thanked this post: exe, AlanS, Andrew McNamara

Offline elekorsi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #378 on: October 12, 2020, 08:06:57 pm »
This was a quick and easy fix :)
Everything else was perfect, the assembly was very straight forward and the BB3 is now working like a charm  :-+
I did a quick test and i am already amazed by how good it is!

The following users thanked this post: Kean, prasimix, mcdanlj

Offline peteb2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #379 on: October 13, 2020, 08:42:05 am »
So that's kind of interesting.... "..... A customer who managed to buy from Mouser directly BB3".... must have been, we assume,  supplied from the Backer's stock or were the units pre-labelled & pre-addressed and safe?

It's just a little concerning & there is a sense of wonder as to what's truly going on.  I know there's nothing we can do but keep calm and continue to wait but i do have a good friend who is desperate to remove my H24005 from my workbench and re-home it, often asking when can he come by.

Online Ranayna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #380 on: October 13, 2020, 08:48:19 am »
Well, at least i can now confirm that Crowdsupply is working on shipping the backed units. I got an Email yesterday that they were missing a phone number in order to ship ;)
Maybe my unit can ship today.
I have to admit, when i saw on the Mouser page that all units are out of stock and call for quote i was a bit surprised. Maybe they noticed that those should go to backers and not into regular stock? :P

Offline elekorsi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #381 on: October 13, 2020, 09:06:11 am »
So that's kind of interesting.... "..... A customer who managed to buy from Mouser directly BB3".... must have been, we assume,  supplied from the Backer's stock or were the units pre-labelled & pre-addressed and safe?

I am that black sheep here  :palm:  :palm:
I ordered from Mouser, just because of VAT, as i am an EU customer with VAT number. I did throw it into the basket when there was 0 stock and just assumed that it will be backordered and i will wait some time... Well after a few days i was a bit surprised when i got the tracking number for the package...

I feel bad now

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #382 on: October 13, 2020, 09:08:09 am »

I am that black sheep here  :palm:  :palm:
I ordered from Mouser, just because of VAT, as i am an EU customer with VAT number. I did throw it into the basket when there was 0 stock and just assumed that it will be backordered and i will wait some time... Well after a few days i was a bit surprised when i got the tracking number for the package...

I feel bad now

No need for that. We shipped to Mouser enough units to cover both campaign fulfillment and all pre-orders to date, at least when we are talking about 2-channel version.

The following users thanked this post: peteb2

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #383 on: October 13, 2020, 09:15:44 am »
Well, at least i can now confirm that Crowdsupply is working on shipping the backed units. I got an Email yesterday that they were missing a phone number in order to ship ;)
Maybe my unit can ship today.
I have to admit, when i saw on the Mouser page that all units are out of stock and call for quote i was a bit surprised. Maybe they noticed that those should go to backers and not into regular stock? :P

Unfortunately, I have to admit that doesn’t surprise me in the case of CS. They had information that the goods were ready more than 2 months ago and they are now asking people to update the contact information. Then no wonder nothing was sent for two weeks. Feel free to draw your own conclusions.

The following users thanked this post: peteb2

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #384 on: October 13, 2020, 10:55:25 am »
I didn't get any emails from mouser/cs except "EEZ Bench Box 3 Update". Should I be worried?

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #385 on: October 13, 2020, 12:20:52 pm »
I can’t say for sure, but what counts is a notice from Mouser, and it will arrive to you when they finally get the addresses where to send the goods.

The following users thanked this post: gnavigator1007

Offline gnavigator1007

• Supporter
« Reply #386 on: October 13, 2020, 05:09:29 pm »
Just received a notification from crowd supply that my order has shipped!

The following users thanked this post: prasimix, mcdanlj

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #387 on: October 13, 2020, 05:12:45 pm »
Just received a notification from crowd supply that my order has shipped!

Oh yeah! It seems to have started, I see in the campaign dashboard that 19 units have been sent so far. They are definitely coming to you before the Christmas holidays!

The following users thanked this post: peteb2, AlanS, mcdanlj, jan28

Online Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #388 on: October 13, 2020, 10:49:28 pm »
I ordered two units through CS on two separate dates.  I have just received a shipping notification for the first one from CS with a UPS tracking number to Australia.

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #389 on: October 14, 2020, 04:03:18 pm »
Today we have released a new firmware version v1.3.2. I would definitely recommend an upgrade to it as it should solve the problem of possible large RTC time delays that accumulate with each new power up.

The following users thanked this post: Kean, AlanS, jan28

Offline gnavigator1007

• Supporter
« Reply #390 on: October 14, 2020, 04:32:54 pm »
Just tried tracking and mine is apparently being returned to sender. It actually made it to a UPS facility in my city. Contacted UPS to see why it's being returned and they say it's possibly damaged or some other issue with the packaging. Hopefully everybody else has better luck. I've waited this long, guess I can wait a bit longer

Online jbb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #391 on: October 15, 2020, 04:06:32 am »
Mine has arrived in NZ. Got some very weird stuff from DHL tracking but it showed up eventually.

Unfortunately I won’t have time to put it together for a while; super busy moving house. I guess I can save it for a treat.

Offline MaxZ

• Contributor
« Reply #392 on: October 15, 2020, 01:31:48 pm »
Well... that was the fastest US-EU shipping I‘ve ever seen. Yesterday I got the email from crowd supply that it has been shipped, and now it‘s here. Tracking confirms that they got it on 13.10 in Texas and delivered today, 15.10 in Luxembourg! Usually mouser shippings take over a week.
Anyways, I won‘t complain. Will test it as soon as possible!

Kind regards,
Max

The following users thanked this post: prasimix

Offline danielbriggs

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #393 on: October 15, 2020, 06:24:38 pm »
Happy happy happy!  :-+ :-+ :-+
Both units have shipped and are on their way.

It seems from the tracking that they ship and FedEx collect a couple of days before they let you know it's shipped via email.

Online Kean

• Supporter
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #394 on: October 16, 2020, 04:33:33 am »
Woohoo!  My first unit has just arrived in Sydney.  And I received notification overnight that the second has shipped.

Unfortunately one of the LCD mounting posts has broken off on this one, and the LCD was rattling around loose in the packaging.
The screen doesn't look damaged, and it shouldn't be too hard to repair if I can crack the Loctite on the other mounting posts without also breaking the welds on them.

Edit to add: Ah, no loctite on there.  Just excess paint and rust...

There is also a chunk of paint missing from the front panel, a little dissapointing but not that big a deal.  Why did it have to be the front panel  :-//
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 06:43:02 am by Kean »

Online Ranayna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #395 on: October 16, 2020, 10:03:59 am »
Well, that was fast :D

Got my shipping notification with tracking yesterday. At that point it was already in France...
Delivery was scheduled for Monday, but the FedEx Truck turned up here about an hour ago :)

First quick visual inspection shows everything looking fine. But i can confirm what Kean said: The screws holding the display are very rusty. Visually, mine are ok though, so i don't really mind.

I did a quick visual inspection of both the bare boards and the assembled DCP405s. They all seem to have the tiny holes in the ground planes that i posted earlier. In similar locations, but not the same. So that is not limited to the not working modules  :-//

I hope i will get the kit together over the weekend. The bare board kit will obviously take longer ;)

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #396 on: October 16, 2020, 10:04:56 am »
Wow, my kit also arrived the next day after I received a message from cs. Cool beans, I know what I'll be doing next month(s) :)

Offline prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #397 on: October 16, 2020, 10:13:26 am »
Woohoo!  My first unit has just arrived in Sydney.  And I received notification overnight that the second has shipped.

Unfortunately one of the LCD mounting posts has broken off on this one, and the LCD was rattling around loose in the packaging.
The screen doesn't look damaged, and it shouldn't be too hard to repair if I can crack the Loctite on the other mounting posts without also breaking the welds on them.

Edit to add: Ah, no loctite on there.  Just excess paint and rust...

There is also a chunk of paint missing from the front panel, a little dissapointing but not that big a deal.  Why did it have to be the front panel  :-//

Sorry to hear that. Could you please send us a picture of missing paint? I had a little war over the quality of the white print on the front and rear panel. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost that battle as well because even though we were checking to see if the paint was falling off during packaging, it seems like we either missed something or it happened due to rubbing during transport.

The same is valid for studs which have corroded over time due to the over-aggressive cleaning agent before painting. So, go ahead and send pictures for the wall of shame.

The following users thanked this post: Kean

Online Kean

• Supporter
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #398 on: October 16, 2020, 11:41:50 am »
Sorry to hear that. Could you please send us a picture of missing paint? I had a little war over the quality of the white print on the front and rear panel. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost that battle as well because even though we were checking to see if the paint was falling off during packaging, it seems like we either missed something or it happened due to rubbing during transport.

The same is valid for studs which have corroded over time due to the over-aggressive cleaning agent before painting. So, go ahead and send pictures for the wall of shame.

I've emailed you some photos.  No great need to post them here I think, they're are really not that interesting.

It was the blue paint that came off at a spot that looks like it had a bubble under it.  I guess the pickling acid that caused the rust was not all that effective at paint prep.

The following users thanked this post: prasimix

Offline No.15

• Contributor
« Reply #399 on: October 16, 2020, 02:06:18 pm »
Mine is out for delivery today (Florida).  Will let everyone know how it goes

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf