Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2805821 times)

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #11375 on: July 14, 2022, 12:23:35 pm »
Broke open the Beany bank again and brought an AXBB-E CNC Lan based controller and Software combo. Now just Broke  ;D

http://www.shop.cncdrive.com/index.php?productID=1009

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #11376 on: July 14, 2022, 05:32:26 pm »
Is this for the big LASER cutter, or other nefarious projects?

mnem
 :popcorn:
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline jonovid

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #11377 on: July 15, 2022, 12:39:35 pm »
10 amp 12 volt PWM lead acid battery charger
input 110v - 250v AC  47 - 63Hz

my todo list
needed repairs & fix's before use
replace the AC plug.
add thermal paste compound on power heatsink  -see images.

can post more images of the pcb if requested.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 12:51:27 pm by jonovid »
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

Offline jonovid

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #11378 on: July 15, 2022, 01:41:13 pm »
UK or US practice Morse key looks a lot like one my father had in the 1970s but the Bakelite knob went on to the bar with-out the Bakelite shoulder insulator under it.
shown here.
the key  my father had the same chunky metal work with thumb screws. the Bakelite base also had a metal plate under it with 4 countersunk screws.

* 54C86A2F-51EC-4245-B5D1-AA1742191A71.jpeg (1607.09 kB, 1907x994 - viewed 48 times.)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 01:43:38 pm by jonovid »

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11379 on: July 15, 2022, 01:51:35 pm »
@jonovid. Something went wrong with your post. See screen capture below.

It is missing the quote from I guess jonpaul here:https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/what-did-you-buy-today-post-your-latest-purchase!/msg4291951/#msg4291951
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 01:53:13 pm by pcprogrammer »

Offline jonovid

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #11380 on: July 16, 2022, 01:11:38 am »
I am make reference one page back,
post by jonpaul

Bonjour two télégraphe Morse keys,
paid very little...from a Paris street sale at Porte Royale.

A French version of the Vibroplex, and a UK or US practice key.

Any identifications or thoughts from key collectors appreciated!

Jon

* 7B994365-82DD-4014-A112-CB81778742A7.jpeg (916.09 kB, 1325x605 - viewed 57 times.)

* 54C86A2F-51EC-4245-B5D1-AA1742191A71.jpeg (1607.09 kB, 1907x994 - viewed 57 times.)

Offline Calambres

• Frequent Contributor
    • Piso-Tones
« Reply #11381 on: July 16, 2022, 08:56:42 am »
Just bought an old second hand miter. I hate woodworking but I need it for a very specific task  I must do |O
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 08:59:40 am by Calambres »

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11382 on: July 16, 2022, 09:04:06 am »
Looks like a double function one. Never seen that before, where it has a table-saw function and a miter saw in one device.

Offline DiTBho

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11383 on: July 16, 2022, 10:51:44 am »
Arrived yesterday in my post locker located near the airport: a brand new "Terra Peak Active 20" blue backpack (Made in German) :D :D :D

Early this morning I took the road bike, drove to the airport, my post locker, took the package, unpacked its contents, bought a quarter of liter of water, a swimsuit and a small towel (these two from an Amazon-hub, located near the airport), put them into the backpack, put on the backpack, and went back with it to test it on 51 Km back to home.

Test passed! It is big enough to store other stuff for my bicycle trips around the lake and the backpack is very comfortable, small, but not too small, and very ergonomic!

The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, bd139, Nominal Animal

Offline Calambres

• Frequent Contributor
    • Piso-Tones
« Reply #11384 on: July 16, 2022, 03:43:24 pm »
Looks like a double function one. Never seen that before, where it has a table-saw function and a miter saw in one device.

Yep!... double function miter. Quite common here.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 03:50:42 pm by Calambres »

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11385 on: July 17, 2022, 01:32:52 pm »
Looking for a scope for use at my PC. The Micsig is OK but a bit in the way (not a lot you can hide in front of a 43" screen) and the Fnirsi is a pile of crap (being generous there). I've always steered clear of PC-based scopes but now there is screen real estate to spare perhaps a revisit of prejudices might be warranted.

Wound up looking at the Instrustar ISDS205A and then Hantek equivalent (or vice versa), which looked kind of OK but have potentially fragile inputs. We're looking at around £70. One thing led to another and I am looking at a Picoscope 2204A at £114, rather more than I was intending to lose. But over on Amazon they seem to have got the sums wrong an listed it at £94.80, almost the VAT-free price. I'd read that the software was not too hot, but at that price...

Turns out the software could be better but isn't that annoying. Worst trait I found so far was installing in program files without even asking, but I think it can be safely moved from there after install. Perhaps my expectations were particularly low, but it's massively better than the Fnirsi thing, albeit not quite as portable.

Offline ledtester

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11386 on: July 17, 2022, 01:56:18 pm »
Ordered some SMD clips for measurements. Arrived today. Note the raster on the paper is metric 1mm.

A question about the SDK08 clips... are the shafts insulated?  This video suggest they are not:

SOIC CLIPS Review Eprom ECU Locksmith Tools Immo -- Dr Lock
https://youtu.be/wBzz4T9LOMw&t=3m34s

There is another version which advertise the shafts as being insulated:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803615039165.html

and they can also be seen in this video:

Micro IC Hook Clip review -- Ryk Waters
https://youtu.be/8XK_EcSNOT4

You can see close-ups of the ends at around the 2:00 mark.

Offline mclute0

• Regular Contributor
  • Somnium aut moriar!
« Reply #11387 on: July 17, 2022, 08:31:42 pm »
I can almost never resist a bargain, so I bought this 3d printer for $59.99usd+tax at Microcenter. New unopened and the last one in stock at that store.

(Stock picture, as mine is disassembled on the bench, see below)

This is the V2 and is very different that the original version.

It is available from Monoprice at $199.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/600161/monoprice-mp-mini-delta-3d-printer
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=21666

This is exactly what I was looking for to print small ABS parts.

It prints well enough for the cost, and it looks to have mainstream parts, if they are not fakes.

The biggest issue is so far is the 12v 5A power supply is lacking power at high temp settings and the brick gets very hot. That's why I opened it up to see if there is a good place for a Voltage regulator so I can maybe use one of the 18v 9A Lenovo laptop power supplies I have in my pile of junk.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 01:13:00 am by mclute0 »

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11388 on: July 19, 2022, 05:05:00 am »
An iPhone 13 Pro with a Macro lens and Night Mode. Interesting to explore both features. Here is a couple photos taken in the backyard at night. No tripod, just shaky hands  ::)
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline dl6lr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11389 on: July 19, 2022, 06:54:47 am »
Ordered some SMD clips for measurements. Arrived today. Note the raster on the paper is metric 1mm.

A question about the SDK08 clips... are the shafts insulated?  This video suggest they are not:

SOIC CLIPS Review Eprom ECU Locksmith Tools Immo -- Dr Lock
https://youtu.be/wBzz4T9LOMw&t=3m34s

There is another version which advertise the shafts as being insulated:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803615039165.html

and they can also be seen in this video:

Micro IC Hook Clip review -- Ryk Waters
https://youtu.be/8XK_EcSNOT4

You can see close-ups of the ends at around the 2:00 mark.

The clips I got are insulated. There is transparent insulation around the long shaft. The outer shaft between the plastic parts is neither connected to the inner pin (so you could not measure at that point with a probe).

The following users thanked this post: ledtester

Offline jasonRF

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11390 on: July 19, 2022, 10:16:07 am »
Looking for a scope for use at my PC. The Micsig is OK but a bit in the way (not a lot you can hide in front of a 43" screen) and the Fnirsi is a pile of crap (being generous there). I've always steered clear of PC-based scopes but now there is screen real estate to spare perhaps a revisit of prejudices might be warranted.

Wound up looking at the Instrustar ISDS205A and then Hantek equivalent (or vice versa), which looked kind of OK but have potentially fragile inputs. We're looking at around £70. One thing led to another and I am looking at a Picoscope 2204A at £114, rather more than I was intending to lose. But over on Amazon they seem to have got the sums wrong an listed it at £94.80, almost the VAT-free price. I'd read that the software was not too hot, but at that price...

Turns out the software could be better but isn't that annoying. Worst trait I found so far was installing in program files without even asking, but I think it can be safely moved from there after install. Perhaps my expectations were particularly low, but it's massively better than the Fnirsi thing, albeit not quite as portable.
I’ve been using my 2204a for a handful of years now and am still pretty happy with it. If you want to make Bode plots, I do recommend downloading the free FRA4Picoscope app, which automates them.   
https://bitbucket.org/hexamer/fra4picoscope/wiki/Home
The picoscope6 software has a lot of features that can take time to learn, and of course has some quirks.  Picoscope7 looks like it eventually will be a little better, but is still under development and missing a lot of features. 

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11391 on: July 19, 2022, 10:33:41 am »
Thanks  :-+

It is better than I was prepared to accept, so I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Offline deadlylover

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11392 on: July 20, 2022, 05:03:02 am »
I've finally won an auction for a good precision balance (Sartorius MSE2022), these can be a little rare/expensive depending on the capacity range you need.

Now my pizzas and other baked goods will turn out a bit better (yeah right  :P). I only had 1g readability before so upgrading to 0.01g will make it easier to measure things like salt and oil in the same mixing bowl. 2Kg capacity is more than enough for my stand mixer bowl.

Woohoo no more strain gauge shenanigans for me, they were always slow to respond when making small constant additions so I would often overshoot.

The yellowing is just the clear plastic cover so it should clean up nicely. It would be around $170 shipped which is quite a deal considering they're like $2500 new. The weak yen is helping a lot, I'll have to stock up on some car parts too.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11393 on: July 20, 2022, 05:32:29 am »
Much as better Pizzas is important in order to properly weigh the Yeast with more 'certainty' you now need to buy a set of Calibrated Weights so you can get a better idea of the Scale real linearity and accuracy. Man with one clock issues  :-DD
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: aargee, mnementh

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11394 on: July 20, 2022, 08:25:24 am »
Once you have the masspiece set you will need to send it off for certification. I know my set at least down to the nanogram resolution, and as the massmeter used to reference it is actually verified by a masspice, and this massmeter is also used to self calibrate itself every 6 months using the local SI kilogram reference unit, I am pretty sure of them being correct, and traceable to the standard kilogram to a good few decimal points, seeing as the error between the standard kilogram, and the new SI defined kilogram, is in the order of a few hundred picograms, but is now reproducible anywhere, without needing to take a trip to the landlocked separate country in Paris that houses the SI standard.

Knowing I have a 1.0000g masspiece as reference, and a balance that actually has the ability to see the 1.000g mass, is the start of that rabbithole. And yes, I have seen that Platinum iridium alloy mass, in it's glass case in the safe, within a safe within a safe, cut into a hill in a vault by me, a few times.

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11395 on: July 20, 2022, 08:47:17 am »
I've finally won an auction for a good precision balance (Sartorius MSE2022), these can be a little rare/expensive depending on the capacity range you need.

That was a good choise!
Sartorius makes some very nice scales.
The MSE series are extremely well built quality.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline deadlylover

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11396 on: July 20, 2022, 09:47:41 am »
Much as better Pizzas is important in order to properly weigh the Yeast with more 'certainty' you now need to buy a set of Calibrated Weights so you can get a better idea of the Scale real linearity and accuracy. Man with one clock issues  :-DD

I'm good friends with an analytical chemist so believe me I can, and will, exploit the hell out of that friendship.  :-DD

That was a good choise!
Sartorius makes some very nice scales.
The MSE series are extremely well built quality.

Yep for better or worse that's my friend's preference so it took a while to track a Sartorius down. He said Mettler were "fine" but the Sartorius balances tended to show excellent stability over time.

It worked out better in the end because it seems Mettler are more well known so they command higher prices on the used market.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11397 on: July 20, 2022, 09:59:34 am »
When you get your Calibration issues sorted ;) https://www.eevblog.com/forum/cooking/pizza-bases/

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11398 on: July 20, 2022, 02:57:06 pm »

Nice ! 
Does yours also have auto-calibration mode ?

I got a Mettler 12kg scale precision 0.1g on an auction in 2006 which is very nice for cooking but also measuring precise volumes of certain fluids etc.
I always power off the scale and only on when I need it. After two minutes of idle it does the auto-cal mode.
Back then I also bought a brass weight of 300.0 grams so I could keep track if it would deviate over time, it didn't still exactly 300.0 grams.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #11399 on: July 20, 2022, 08:57:58 pm »
Today a pair of probemaster testleads arrived I´ve bought by welectron- And the only thing I wonder is why only now ? ;D

Really good qualtiy...

https://www.welectron.com/Probe-Master-8017S-Softie-Test-Leads

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf