Author Topic: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)  (Read 3089593 times)

Offline rt

• Regular Contributor
Re: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)
« Reply #6050 on: November 04, 2016, 08:51:58 am »
Yes, I said that in my original video. Batteriser fixed the issue by insulating the metal. Still a potential issue I think, that thin stainless steel is going to be sharp.

Yes, the stainless steel edges will be sharp.  This is part of their ingenious pivot to take on BIG RAZOR BLADE as well as BIG BATTERY.

Until proven otherwise, all TED talk presenters should be considered as charismatic charlatans.

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6051 on: November 04, 2016, 09:00:22 am »
Yes, I said that in my original video. Batteriser fixed the issue by insulating the metal. Still a potential issue I think, that thin stainless steel is going to be sharp.

Yes, the stainless steel edges will be sharp.  This is part of their ingenious pivot to take on BIG RAZOR BLADE as well as BIG BATTERY.

As far as I know, Gillette Razors and Duracell batteries belong to the same company, so "big razor" and "big battery" are in this together!

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline StuUK

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6052 on: November 04, 2016, 09:13:18 am »

As far as I know, Gillette Razors and Duracell batteries belong to the same company, so "big razor" and "big battery" are in this together!

McBryce.

Yes Procter and Gamble along with toothbrushes amongst other things....

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #6053 on: November 04, 2016, 11:04:52 am »

Duracell is owned by Berkshire:
- http://www.nasdaq.com/article/pg-completes-duracell-battery-sale-to-buffets-berkshire-cm587119
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duracell

Offline Delta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6054 on: November 04, 2016, 11:37:51 am »

McBryce.

Ooooohhhhhh!  It all starts to make sense now.  The Batterbros threaten the might of the globalist NWO corporations who have the might of Aussie dramatic arts graduates doing their evil bidding.  No wonder these brave warriors have been unable to deliver a single bloody unit...

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #6055 on: November 04, 2016, 11:55:22 am »
Ooooohhhhhh!  It all starts to make sense now.  The Batterbros threaten the might of the globalist NWO corporations who have the might of Aussie dramatic arts graduates doing their evil bidding.  No wonder these brave warriors have been unable to deliver a single bloody unit...

Can any Swiss viewers help me open a numbered bank account there? The Illuminati won't deposit anywhere else.

Offline lpickup

• Regular Contributor
  • Uncle Bobby Dazzler
« Reply #6056 on: November 04, 2016, 12:02:44 pm »
I hate to deliberately appear dense, but, can someone explain the reference to "Aussie dramatic arts graduates" please. I had to search on "NWO" but the other has me mystified.
Look up Dave's LinkedIn profile and all should become clear.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #6057 on: November 04, 2016, 12:18:57 pm »
I hate to deliberately appear dense, but, can someone explain the reference to "Aussie dramatic arts graduates" please. I had to search on "NWO" but the other has me mystified.

Bob isn't too bright:
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/digital-life-news/batteriser-battery-life-extender-scam-or-saviour-20150915-gjmrql.html

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6058 on: November 04, 2016, 01:12:25 pm »

Duracell is owned by Berkshire:
- http://www.nasdaq.com/article/pg-completes-duracell-battery-sale-to-buffets-berkshire-cm587119
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duracell

Oops, looks like I'm not up to date. That deal must have been kept relatively quiet, I don't remember seeing anything about that.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #6059 on: November 06, 2016, 10:35:34 pm »
They must be using the same shipping company my mailing house for the uRulers
https://www.eevblog.com/2013/12/31/traps-for-even-simple-successful-crowd-funded-projects/

The following users thanked this post: WattSekunde

Offline johndoe123

• Contributor
« Reply #6060 on: November 07, 2016, 05:07:57 am »

Can any Swiss viewers help me open a numbered bank account there? The Illuminati won't deposit anywhere else.

I might help with that

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #6061 on: November 10, 2016, 11:16:16 am »
See if they delete Bob's latest comment:

The following users thanked this post: WattSekunde

Offline WattSekunde

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6062 on: November 10, 2016, 12:18:56 pm »
It's such an obvious scam :wtf:. It looks even worse to me. Did they try to sell as much as possible over there website? But for what earnings? Ruined personal reputation + Indiegogo=400.000$ + x$? That is not so much money for there "big" and well paid management team :blah:.  And, if I remember correct, some top qualified engineers :-/O + awesome chipdevelopment team  :-BROKE + hard working production team and production facility :horse: + .... It smells so bad.  :palm:

But I feel well entertained.  :popcorn:

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #6063 on: November 11, 2016, 12:38:13 pm »
So that's now two working weeks since the shipping announcement and not a single delivery?
And remember, in the same post they indicated that they thought some people would have already gotten them  :-//

Offline Kalvin

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded SW/HW.
« Reply #6064 on: November 11, 2016, 01:21:36 pm »
If I remember correctly I saw this announcement already a year ago.

The following users thanked this post: ludzinc

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6065 on: November 11, 2016, 01:32:38 pm »
This guy claims he has received his shipment, but he could just be a Roohparvar shill.

The following users thanked this post: ludzinc

Offline Kalvin

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded SW/HW.
« Reply #6066 on: November 11, 2016, 01:41:20 pm »
This guy claims he has received his shipment, but he could just be a Roohparvar shill.
Nice. Only one has received the shipment. Maybe the rest are lost or something. I wonder why Alex is requested to take a picture it the other backers are to receive their shipments any day now.

I haven't been following the thread for a long time any more, but did Bob post any pictures on assembly, manufacturing and shipment? I would be surprised if he did. Maybe he doesn't have a camera or he cannot transfer the pictures from his camera to his web site.

Online AndyC_772

• Super Contributor
  • Professional design engineer
    • Cawte Engineering | Reliable Electronics
« Reply #6067 on: November 11, 2016, 01:50:14 pm »
"Looks" great. No mention of how it works  :horse:

I suspect that 'shipping' meant they're on a container ship, rather than being sent from the factory by air. It's a vague enough term that it may well not mean individual units are being sent to their end customers - just that a boat load of stuff has left the factory.

Offline Kalvin

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded SW/HW.
« Reply #6068 on: November 11, 2016, 01:54:44 pm »
What I have heard, it is not that unusual that sometimes the containers may get lost or fall off a ship.

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6069 on: November 11, 2016, 01:56:17 pm »
I haven't been following the thread for a long time any more, but did Bob post any pictures on assembly, manufacturing and shipment?

No.

Maybe he doesn't have a camera or he cannot transfer the pictures from his camera to his web site.

Riiiiight.

Offline Kalvin

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded SW/HW.
« Reply #6070 on: November 11, 2016, 01:58:46 pm »
I haven't been following the thread for a long time any more, but did Bob post any pictures on assembly, manufacturing and shipment?
No.

Thanks. I will check again November next year.

The following users thanked this post: Brumby, Delta

Online AndyC_772

• Super Contributor
  • Professional design engineer
    • Cawte Engineering | Reliable Electronics
« Reply #6071 on: November 11, 2016, 02:04:48 pm »
What I have heard, it is not that unusual that sometimes the containers may get lost or fall off a ship.

The following users thanked this post: WattSekunde, lpickup

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #6072 on: November 11, 2016, 03:21:59 pm »
There's another person saying they've received it in the "Visitor Posts" section at https://www.facebook.com/Batteroo/

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #6073 on: November 11, 2016, 03:30:11 pm »
Those who received the 1st batch are Bob's neighbors, hence no addresses are needed. <Excuse no. ? , geez , I lost count, help me>

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #6074 on: November 11, 2016, 03:33:52 pm »
Those who received the 1st batch are Bob's neighbors, hence no addresses are needed. <Excuse no. ? , geez , I lost count, help me>

Yep, "Alex Malek" used to work at Flextronics with Bob - so he isn't independant
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexmalek1

And I think "Hibbo" might be fake - he was the one who asked back in January about using Batterisers in electric cars (deleted but still in Google cache)
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:BBaiAaUB7FQJ:https://www.facebook.com/Batteriser/posts/958596294188021+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=firefox-b

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf