Poll

So, what you (UK) guys think? Exit or not to exit?

YES, please get me out of there (I'm UK) [go]
41 (19.5%)
Hell no, we are one big (happy) family! (I'm UK) [stay]
42 (20%)
OMG, let them Go! [go]
63 (30%)
I love the UK, they are family! [stay]
64 (30.5%)

Total Members Voted: 207

Voting closed: July 10, 2016, 10:29:34 am

Author Topic: UK forum members, BREXIT?  (Read 516142 times)

Online G0HZU

• Super Contributor
Re: UK forum members, BREXIT?
« Reply #1250 on: June 27, 2016, 09:04:28 pm »
BREXIT....  realized.. NOW
England is out, against Iceland, 1:2

Frank

FffrrrExit!

England frozen out by Iceland.... :(

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1251 on: June 27, 2016, 09:05:25 pm »
Either way the Greeks will probably be paying back the loans they got for the next half century if not longer.

They will not be paid back. History has shown that once a country's debt to GDP ratio exceeds 100% - the debt will not be paid back - at least not in real terms.

Greece's current debt/GDP ratio is about 175%!

If they had the ability to devalue their currency then nominal payback might be possible. They do not.

It's all about "extend and pretend" in Greece and in many other countries.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #1252 on: June 27, 2016, 09:22:23 pm »
Either way the Greeks will probably be paying back the loans they got for the next half century if not longer.
They will not be paid back. History has shown that once a country's debt to GDP ratio exceeds 100% - the debt will not be paid back - at least not in real terms.

Greece's current debt/GDP ratio is about 175%!
Yeah. We'll have to see where that goes and whether Greece is able to create a real economy this time.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline 3db

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1253 on: June 27, 2016, 09:28:27 pm »
DO you think Asia gives a shit about EU regulations ?
Asia has to give a shit about the regulations otherwise their stuff goes straight into the trash. In Rotterdam there used to be (or still is) a whole ship load of brand new Chinese SUVs rotting away because they are BMW X5 copies and are therefore not allowed to be sold in the EU.

Tell that to Amazon.co.uk  :-DD

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1254 on: June 27, 2016, 10:05:54 pm »
This whole thread has been incredibly interesting and disgusting to watch.

For a people with a rich history of democracy, hundreds of years of "enlightenment", many of you are downright mean and barbaric to your fellow countrymen simply because they exercised their civic duties and voted in a way you disapprove of. They are called unworthy, stupid, uneducated, .......

Hitler was nicer to Jews than you were to your fellow countrymen. Thank God that you have no power whatever over other people's life. Or what damage you could have done to humanity.

You should really be ashamed of yourself.
================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

The following users thanked this post: bills

Online G0HZU

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1255 on: June 27, 2016, 10:37:11 pm »
This whole thread has been incredibly interesting and disgusting to watch.

For a people with a rich history of democracy, hundreds of years of "enlightenment", many of you are downright mean and barbaric to your fellow countrymen simply because they exercised their civic duties and voted in a way you disapprove of. They are called unworthy, stupid, uneducated, .......

Hitler was nicer to Jews than you were to your fellow countrymen. Thank God that you have no power whatever over other people's life. Or what damage you could have done to humanity.

You should really be ashamed of yourself.

Go and get laid, dannyf... it will do you good and maybe change your outlook on life. Perhaps then we won't have to read your feeble attempts at trolling anymore  ;D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:39:30 pm by G0HZU »

The following users thanked this post: mtdoc, Andy Watson

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1256 on: June 27, 2016, 10:59:56 pm »
As usual, Matt Taibbi's observations are spot on:

The Reaction to Brexit Is the Reason Brexit Happened

Offline 3db

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1257 on: June 27, 2016, 11:28:01 pm »
Your currency is starting to look attractive for me anyway.

If you wanted to trade you should have been in there early on Friday or Monday.  ;D

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1258 on: June 27, 2016, 11:36:56 pm »
As usual, Matt Taibbi's observations are spot on:

The Reaction to Brexit Is the Reason Brexit Happened

He got that spot on!  Anybody voting for Trump is a racist, a homophobic bigot, and an ignorant, uneducated fool!  If you don't believe that, read the Washington Post any day in the last year.  Their editors and contributors have been working overtime to promote Hillary and bash Trump and his supporters multiple times, daily!  They had no idea how angry the electorate is.  Still don't!  We used to be a nation of laws.  Not so much anymore. 

And Trump just might get elected.

A lot of people have said it and I think it's true:  We are entering a period unseen in my lifetime (70 years).  It's going to be interesting.

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1259 on: June 27, 2016, 11:38:24 pm »

If you wanted to trade you should have been in there early on Friday or Monday.  ;D

I don't think the crash has stopped - there'll be other opportunities to buy even lower.  I know I have lost a metric butt-load in my 401(k)s.

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1260 on: June 27, 2016, 11:50:42 pm »
They had no idea how angry the electorate is.

Spot on.

There is a lot of similarities between Brexit leave voters, Trump and Sanders supporters: they are really really pissed off at the 50 years of careers politicians who don't give a shit about the silent majority. They want to take their countries back.

That's pretty much everywhere now. We are in some dangerous times. It wouldn't surprise me if 50 years from now we point to this as the beginning of WW3.
================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline Corporate666

• Supporter
  • Remember, you are unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #1261 on: June 27, 2016, 11:57:52 pm »
Both wars started in Europe. Prior to the end of 2nd World War there was almost always a war going on somewhere in Europe. Since the formation of the various post war pan-European organizations there hasn't been a war in Europe - I doubt that is coincidence.

There's been quite a bit of war in Europe post-WW2 - Greek civil war, Hungarian revolution, Bosnian war, Slovenian war, Italy's Years of Lead, various 'stuff' with Czechoslovakia and the countries that resulted from it and which surround them.  And other conflicts.  I think the major thing that's changed post-WW2 is that we've had a growth spurt, economically, socially and culturally.  Lately, war has only been justified on the basis of response to aggression or big cultural divides and such.  But that's all a facade... I spent a lot of time in Western Ukraine and i could never have imagined war could erupt there.  It can happen anytime and anywhere - it could easily have happened due to the Greek crisis.  Part of the problem with the EU is that it's not strong enough to have real control over member countries but it's strong enough to create intolerable issues for member countries without having a mechanism or the power to resolve those issues.  For example the Greek crisis as well as the rest of the PIIGS.  The current migrant/refugee crisis.  The Turkey "issue".  General issues with the ECB and other issues which are brooding beneath the surface and for which Brexit is just one symptom.
It's not always the most popular person who gets the job done.

Offline Corporate666

• Supporter
  • Remember, you are unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #1262 on: June 28, 2016, 12:08:39 am »

Spot on.

There is a lot of similarities between Brexit leave voters, Trump and Sanders supporters: they are really really pissed off at the 50 years of careers politicians who don't give a shit about the silent majority. They want to take their countries back.

That's pretty much everywhere now. We are in some dangerous times. It wouldn't surprise me if 50 years from now we point to this as the beginning of WW3.

I am not sure if I would be so bold as to predict WW3, but it boggles my mind how utterly stupid and self-serving politicians are.

What is the reason that the UK and USA can't immediately work on a trade deal, and have it announced within a matter of weeks?  Both countries have very similar cultures, laws, languages and societal development.  But Obama said the UK would have to go to the back of the line.  WHAT!?!?

The EU have been throwing their toys out of the pram and saying the UK needs to exit sooner than later.  Why?  The terms of article 50 are clear.  The UK has up to 2 years.  If the EU didn't like that timeline, they ought to have implemented something different.  These are politicians who are behaving out of spite and vengeance and don't really seem to give the slightest shit about what is actually better for the countries involved, or (more importantly) the actual people involved.

That's what so many don't get about Brexit and also about what's going on in the USA at the moment.  The media has been engaging in a perpetual assault on Trump.  But the fact that he's become one of the nominees and that Sanders did so well is lost on the media and politicians. 

It's not always the most popular person who gets the job done.

Offline retrolefty

• Super Contributor
  • measurement changes behavior
« Reply #1263 on: June 28, 2016, 12:20:37 am »

I don't think the crash has stopped - there'll be other opportunities to buy even lower.  I know I have lost a metric butt-load in my 401(k)s.

You mean you actually sold off some of your 401(k) assets sense the Brexit vote results?

Or do you mean if you sold assests today you would lose value compared to last week. Or do you feel that your investment will never recover to actually give you any long term gain over time, which is the reason these investment vehicles were created.

Offline 3db

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1264 on: June 28, 2016, 12:23:29 am »

Spot on.

I am not sure if I would be so bold as to predict WW3, but it boggles my mind how utterly stupid and self-serving politicians are.

What is the reason that the UK and USA can't immediately work on a trade deal, and have it announced within a matter of weeks?  Both countries have very similar cultures, laws, languages and societal development.  But Obama said the UK would have to go to the back of the line.  WHAT!?!?

The EU have been throwing their toys out of the pram and saying the UK needs to exit sooner than later.  Why?  The terms of article 50 are clear.  The UK has up to 2 years.  If the EU didn't like that timeline, they ought to have implemented something different.  These are politicians who are behaving out of spite and vengeance and don't really seem to give the slightest shit about what is actually better for the countries involved, or (more importantly) the actual people involved.

That's what so many don't get about Brexit and also about what's going on in the USA at the moment.  The media has been engaging in a perpetual assault on Trump.  But the fact that he's become one of the nominees and that Sanders did so well is lost on the media and politicians.

Just to be clear, it's two years AFTER we invoke article 50
 ;D

Offline MT

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1265 on: June 28, 2016, 03:22:22 am »
He got that spot on!  Anybody voting for Trump is a racist, a homophobic bigot, and an ignorant, uneducated fool!  If you don't believe that, read the Washington Post any day in the last year.  Their editors and contributors have been working overtime to promote Hillary and bash Trump and his supporters multiple times, daily!  They had no idea how angry the electorate is.  Still don't!  We used to be a nation of laws.  Not so much anymore. 
And Trump just might get elected.

A lot of people have said it and I think it's true:  We are entering a period unseen in my lifetime (70 years).  It's going to be interesting.

Really? :o  and american critical thinking is to actually vote for Trump?
He is a far better choice than the alternative.  First of all, he's a proven disrupter.  The status quo won't survive.  That's not entirely a bad thing.  Many foreign leaders have already made their opinions known so we know where to cut off funding.  I don't think we'll be hanging around in the Middle East and, with luck and planning, maybe we'll be out of eastern Europe before the fireworks start.

There will probably be some other disruptions in foreign relations and I'm all for that!

The alternative brings with her a pending storm.  Little Chelsea wants to be President just like her mommy and daddy.  We really don't do dynasties around here and getting this stopped in its tracks is a good idea.

There are several reasons why a rationale American citizen would prefer Trump over Hillary

I'm not worried about Trump but Hillary scares the hell out of me.  As long as the Republicans control either the House or Senate, things will probably be ok.

You could stick the very same label on anyone who votes for Hillary to! None of these are a "rational" vote as you try to make it.

But if you for a second put all that Washington post ect blabber aside and look into either one of these you get a textbook narcissist/oligarch, what kind of less-of-the-same is that? Hitler, Mossulini etc was also "disturbers".. Voting for any of these will just divide US even further but i suspect after reading your posts that is what you want?

Besides where is the "reasonable evidence" based on Trumps blabber for what Trump would/could achieve as president? Most of his promises is just wierd and even bended against the constitution. Trump on the other hand have managed to anger the Scotts at his golf course and earlier NRA with his "guns-in-the-bar-idea". What kind of ""disturbance"" was that? all it ended in was senate deadlock and the arms restriction law into the bin one more time. Trump didn't change status qou at all, he rather cemented it! And voting in Hillary would most likely end in the very same cementing!

Nor leavers nor stayers are for that complicated bureaucracy of EU, i dont understand why such a obvious thing is even used as an argument.

And now some more bedding salt into Brexit wounds.I bet players played less then optimum because of Brexout thinking on how to move money to Panama!
WARNING! FOLLOWING PICTURE MIGHT CONTAIN POOR TASTE AND MAKE YOU FEEL OFFENDED AND
CAUSE MIND BEND. IF SO COMPLAINTS MAY BE FILED TO EU COMMISSIONAIRE OF PUBLIC OFFENCES.

Note: Bearded men with horned helmets are NOT talibans or Daesh! I repeat, NOT talibans or Daesh!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 03:32:53 am by MT »

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1266 on: June 28, 2016, 04:35:40 am »

You mean you actually sold off some of your 401(k) assets sense the Brexit vote results?

Or do you mean if you sold assests today you would lose value compared to last week. Or do you feel that your investment will never recover to actually give you any long term gain over time, which is the reason these investment vehicles were created.

No, the losses aren't 'booked'.  It's just that my balance is down quite a bit.  But, hey, I managed to recover from 2008 by just hanging tight.  I'm not actively trading so I suffer from time to time and rejoice at others.

Long term gain over the last several years is an illusion.  OTOH, I have made up for my mandatory distributions so my balance isn't declining.  That works for me.  I don't need the money, I don't really want to take the distributions but what I want doesn't matter.

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1267 on: June 28, 2016, 04:49:55 am »
You could stick the very same label on anyone who votes for Hillary to! None of these are a "rational" vote as you try to make it.

But if you for a second put all that Washington post ect blabber aside and look into either one of these you get a textbook narcissist/oligarch, what kind of less-of-the-same is that? Hitler, Mossulini etc was also "disturbers".. Voting for any of these will just divide US even further but i suspect after reading your posts that is what you want?

Besides where is the "reasonable evidence" based on Trumps blabber for what Trump would/could achieve as president? Most of his promises is just wierd and even bended against the constitution. Trump on the other hand have managed to anger the Scotts at his golf course and earlier NRA with his "guns-in-the-bar-idea". What kind of ""disturbance"" was that? all it ended in was senate deadlock and the arms restriction law into the bin one more time. Trump didn't change status qou at all, he rather cemented it! And voting in Hillary would most likely end in the very same cementing!

I have to vote!  If I don't vote, I can't bitch.  So sayeth my father a long time ago!

I would absolutely never vote for Hillary and Trump is the only other realistic choice.   There is no check box for None Of The Above.  We have a vacancy in the Supreme Court.  I would be happy with a vacancy in the Office of the President.

Offline vodka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1268 on: June 28, 2016, 05:10:40 am »

When my brother was quite negative about the Poles in the building trade (which is what he is in), I told him I was grateful for their presence, for they were willing to do the overtime I wasn't and that meant I could go home after a full 40 hours workweek and actually have a life.

Do I suppose that the polish will charge by extra hour ?

Offline vodka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1269 on: June 28, 2016, 05:30:13 am »

I have to vote!  If I don't vote, I can't bitch.  So sayeth my father a long time ago!

While  i paid taxes ,i will bitch everything i want,when i didn't pay i shut up .

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #1270 on: June 28, 2016, 05:54:15 am »
In the short time i have taken an instrest I have met plenty of stupid people who can only think about one little thing with the exclusion to everything else. Those that blame everything on immigration are stupid, and i have demonstrated that, I have a job far beyond my qualifications, why can't the lazy brits find a job ? but instead they blame immigrants instead of getting off their arses. They also don't see all the other apsects to this.

1. Your case is an anecdote.

2. They may have different values then you and prefer a different future for their culture and country.

Basically, your country surrendered it's sovereignty. It's a valid position for a rational citizen to object and to bring the decision making closer to the people.

The name calling is counter productive.

(we have a similar thing going here so this is not a we-are-better-than-you post).

No your missing my point. I am concerned about immigration but it is not THE reason i voted out. i looked at the whole think and decided on balance that we could be better off out (for better or worse). But you go out there and ask many people and you will find all they can say is immigration, and you will find they blame everything for immigration. I don't blame everything on immigration, immigration is part of the problem but most of our problems are cuased by the governments themselves and coorporates.

To focus solely on immigration is STUPID.

Offline jancumps

• Supporter
  • New Low
« Reply #1271 on: June 28, 2016, 06:06:15 am »
We have two banks that get big hits at the moment. One a Belgian bank, the other a French-Belgo one.
Both lost billions after the vote.

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1272 on: June 28, 2016, 06:44:52 am »

It's not about immigration, it's about uncontrolled immigration. Your country surrendered control of its borders. Some of your countryman think that this is very serious, you disagree or have other priorities. This is fine, but it doesn't justify the name calling IMO.

We have the same problem here, certain parts of the political spectrum try to suppress political speech by name calling and even by violence.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #1273 on: June 28, 2016, 06:56:15 am »

It's not about immigration, it's about uncontrolled immigration. Your country surrendered control of its borders. Some of your countryman think that this is very serious, you disagree or have other priorities. This is fine, but it doesn't justify the name calling IMO.

We have the same problem here, certain parts of the political spectrum try to suppress political speech by name calling and even by violence.

No what is stupid is to focus on one thing and one thing only. You make a decision to help solely one apsect despite is making other aspects worse. It's like being in a ship on fire and you sink the ship to put the fire out. the more people gravitate to the immigration argument the less they seem to actually understand and the more the answer to every argument is immigration.

Actually we have more control of ur borders than most of us realize and non EU immigration is not the fault of the EU, this is stupid. We are also whitnessing a rise in hate crime on foreign nationals, let me put 2 and 2 together because i am not stupid and ignorant.

Offline Jeroen3

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded Engineer
    • jeroen3.nl
« Reply #1274 on: June 28, 2016, 07:02:58 am »

When my brother was quite negative about the Poles in the building trade (which is what he is in), I told him I was grateful for their presence, for they were willing to do the overtime I wasn't and that meant I could go home after a full 40 hours workweek and actually have a life.

Do I suppose that the polish will charge by extra hour ?
That is the problem. They don't get paid overtime. It's a problem around here, especially in the agricultural industry.
item (nl), EN
Modern slavery.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf