Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2816988 times)

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #11300 on: June 09, 2022, 01:00:46 am »
Jam and Beans don't sound like a good pairing but maybe they are ?  :-//

A little Jamishness is just fine with Beans  ;)
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #11301 on: June 09, 2022, 01:41:50 am »
Jam and Beans don't sound like a good pairing but maybe they are ?  :-//

A little Jamishness is just fine with Beans  ;)
:-DD I knew you would get it.
BTW thanks for guiding hendorog on his splash out on new coffee making gear.....very tasty for the couple of samples I've had.  :-+
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline richnormand

• Supporter
« Reply #11302 on: June 09, 2022, 02:01:39 am »
@mclute0

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Cheers.
Repair, Renew, Reuse, Recycle, Rebuild, Reduce, Recover, Repurpose, Restore, Refurbish, Recondition, Renovate

Offline nightfire

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11303 on: June 10, 2022, 08:47:18 pm »
Just got an ebay find of an old isolation tester made by a company later bought by Gossen- the state is good, probably around 40 years old, uses 6 D-cell batteries (that are new and probably alone worth more that what I paid for everything). Did some quick measurements, isolation check voltage is 660 VDC, and quite precisely 0.2A for checking small resistances up to 4 Ohms- therefore suitable to test VDE 070x compliant the resistance of grounding/PE.
And a pair of small pliers to cut wires after soldering, the other bigger wire cutter from Wiha for comparison...

Offline armandine2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11304 on: June 15, 2022, 08:15:30 am »
Arrived today, from the nice people at Telonic, another Kikusui PMX power supply - ex demo 15% off.

This one, a 350V 0.2A model, can be connected in series with my other PMX 70V model (as these two have +/- 550Vdc isolation voltage).

Funny, the things you have the hardest time parting with are the things you need the least - Bob Dylan

Offline Calambres

• Frequent Contributor
    • Piso-Tones
« Reply #11305 on: June 15, 2022, 06:55:45 pm »
Just bought this guy but not yet received it  ::)

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
« Reply #11306 on: June 16, 2022, 06:46:09 am »
Cincon CFM100M150 15V/100W AC-DC power module and ST Nucleo-H743ZI2 evaluation board.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11307 on: June 17, 2022, 04:49:33 am »
KeeYees ESP32S ESP32 Development Board 2.4 GHz Dual Core WLAN WiFi + Bluetooth 2-in-1 Microcontroller ESP-WROOM-32 Chip for Arduino (38PIN Narrow Version, 2PCS)

I received a Amazon.com gift card and did not have any ESP32 boards yet so bought these.

But what a corporate bullshit is with these Amazon gift cards. I never used them so no idea about them. Received an email with the gift card and clicked the link to redeem it. It steered me to Amazon.com and I logged in. No problem there, but then I thought what shall I buy and looked on Amazon.fr, because then I can order without shipping cost, but to my surprise the gift card balance in that account was zero.

I contacted customer support and it turns out that gift cards are bound to the store they are bought in. So bought on Amazon.com stays at Amazon.com, bought on Amazon.fr stays at Amazon.fr, etc. F...ing bullshit.

Buying on Amazon.com for me is very uneconomical, with shipping and VAT |O

Offline Peter_O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11308 on: June 17, 2022, 11:48:53 am »

I had the 1202X-E and liked it very much, but always missed the 4 channels. Today I would decide for this one too.  :-+
Hope you get it before the weekend. Enjoy!

Online thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #11309 on: June 17, 2022, 09:59:51 pm »
KeeYees ESP32S ESP32 Development Board 2.4 GHz Dual Core WLAN WiFi + Bluetooth 2-in-1 Microcontroller ESP-WROOM-32 Chip for Arduino (38PIN Narrow Version, 2PCS)

I received a Amazon.com gift card and did not have any ESP32 boards yet so bought these.

But what a corporate bullshit is with these Amazon gift cards. I never used them so no idea about them. Received an email with the gift card and clicked the link to redeem it. It steered me to Amazon.com and I logged in. No problem there, but then I thought what shall I buy and looked on Amazon.fr, because then I can order without shipping cost, but to my surprise the gift card balance in that account was zero.

It is dumb, but, that means the person that bought them for you probably used .com instead of .fr. If I buy a gift card, we specifically use amazon.ca
If you wanted to sell to a trusted individual, you could probably sell it for ~95% of the purchase value, if needed.

amazon card is way better than a prepaid visa in terms of fees.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11310 on: June 18, 2022, 04:33:41 am »

It is dumb, but, that means the person that bought them for you probably used .com instead of .fr. If I buy a gift card, we specifically use amazon.ca
If you wanted to sell to a trusted individual, you could probably sell it for ~95% of the purchase value, if needed.

amazon card is way better than a prepaid visa in terms of fees.

I guess that the person who gave it to me did not know either. Next time someone want's to give me a gift for helping them I will point them to PayPal. That way I'm not bound to Amazon.

Offline impetus_maximus

• Contributor
« Reply #11311 on: June 18, 2022, 05:53:52 am »
I guess that the person who gave it to me did not know either. Next time someone want's to give me a gift for helping them I will point them to PayPal. That way I'm not bound to Amazon.
i told my brother the last time he gave me an amazon gift card. 'i appreciate it, but next time could you make it a visa gift card? i don't like amazon.'
next birthday he hands me 4 $10 amazon cards.  :palm:

Offline jonpaul

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11312 on: June 18, 2022, 03:32:35 pm »
1950 valve (tube) scope

Paris Flea market...
Jean-Paul  the Internet Dinosaur

The following users thanked this post: edavid, Vgkid, pardo-bsso

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11313 on: June 18, 2022, 04:19:30 pm »
Did you get it for free or did you have to pay a French "brocante" price. :-//

That is one banged up device.

Offline armandine2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11314 on: June 18, 2022, 09:17:37 pm »
picked up the well known electronics textbook - Microelectronics by Millman & Grabel, from my local charity shop, today. Having gone into town to get a copy of "Unknown Pleasures" from HMV. Though not in stock so I downloaded that. Not wholly dissimilar cover art.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unknown_Pleasures
Funny, the things you have the hardest time parting with are the things you need the least - Bob Dylan

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #11315 on: June 18, 2022, 10:55:19 pm »
Did you get it for free or did you have to pay a French "brocante" price. :-//

That is one banged up device.

I've heard of fallen off the back of a truck, but I think this one got thrown off the Eiffel Tower.
 :-//
iratus parum formica

The following users thanked this post: pcprogrammer

Online rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #11316 on: June 18, 2022, 11:19:56 pm »
I got (but not yet received) a DS1202Z-E from Rigol's clearance page. The father's day 50% off promotion put it quite below a Fnirsi 1014D, so I was hard pressed to let it pass.

https://www.rigolna.com/clearance/
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 11:48:07 am by rsjsouza »
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #11317 on: June 18, 2022, 11:37:49 pm »
I got (but not yet received) a DS1202Z-E from Rigol's clearance page. The father's day 50% off promotion put it quite below a Fnirsi 1014D, so I was hard pressed to let it pass.

Happy Father's day.   :)
iratus parum formica

Online rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #11318 on: June 19, 2022, 01:14:26 am »

Happy Father's day.   :)
Thank you in advance, Ed (my locale is still lagging behind) and I wish the same to you (if this Sunday is father's day in Aus as well).
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11319 on: June 20, 2022, 02:40:56 pm »
picked up the well known electronics textbook - Microelectronics by Millman & Grabel, from my local charity shop, today. Having gone into town to get a copy of "Unknown Pleasures" from HMV. Though not in stock so I downloaded that. Not wholly dissimilar cover art.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unknown_Pleasures

Millman series of books was the art of electronics before The Art of Electronics.

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #11320 on: June 20, 2022, 08:23:03 pm »
I’ve never had any interest in watches but recently my 20 year old $15 flea market watch has become unreliable so it was time for an update. After extensive research the watch I decided upon is a Casio F201-WA which cost me $20 with free delivery from Kogan. I ordered the watch late on Thursday and it arrived yesterday afternoon by courier, one very satisfied customer I must say.

Edit: Removed link to Kogan as they had doubled the price of the watch shortly after posting. Furthermore, they were flooding my email inbox with bullshit marketing spam which I had nominated not to receive in my account preferences, they completely ignored my requests to not receive this promotional garbage so I have since cancelled my only recently opened Kogan account.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 03:19:21 am by Muttley Snickers »

Offline impetus_maximus

• Contributor
« Reply #11321 on: June 20, 2022, 11:22:09 pm »
a couple of freebies i stumbled upon today.
both are course books from NYIT (New York Institute of Technology), and McGRAW-HILL book company.
1517668-0
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 11:27:38 pm by impetus_maximus »

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #11322 on: June 21, 2022, 01:48:25 am »
I'm trying to buy some of the safe/insulated alligator clamps like the ones that come with ctek battery chargers. 10 or 15A range.

example: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/153107816566

Just the clamps. 6 of each.

All the ones I can find have no insulation around the jaws. Any ideas? Or is Ed just interneting wrong?

iratus parum formica

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #11323 on: June 21, 2022, 01:56:58 am »
I'm trying to buy some of the safe/insulated alligator clamps like the ones that come with ctek battery chargers. 10 or 15A range.

example: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/153107816566

Just the clamps. 6 of each.

All the ones I can find have no insulation around the jaws. Any ideas? Or is Ed just interneting wrong?

You need to search for 100A ones. I suspect the 100A in the PMPO of Amps  :-DD https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=100A+Crocodile&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1

Not as elegant as the CTek ones and without pulling mine out some of those in the link are likely similar length. I limited the search to Oz only and you will save a few $ if you go with the wait and China.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 01:58:36 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Offline Calambres

• Frequent Contributor
    • Piso-Tones
« Reply #11324 on: June 21, 2022, 01:47:38 pm »

Just got it... yay!   8)

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, tom66, tautech

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf