Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 2204783 times)

Offline Stingray64er

Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #2600 on: January 18, 2015, 08:42:18 am »
Hi Guys & tinhead  :D
I am wanting to buy a handheld oscilloscope to use at work and to use at home on my own stuff. After looking around at different handheld scopes, I think that the Hantek DSO1202B (1Mpoint sample memory, 1GSs, 200MHz bw) is good choice. The specs seem right, it's a handhed and I really like the look/style of the these.

I noticed I can purchase (on ebay) the DSO1062B handheld for several hundred dollars cheaper than the DSO1202B.

How difficult is it to hack/upgrade the DSO1062B to a DSO1202B? If I can do it this, I will be able save several hundred dollars and still get the 200MHz bw.

Thanks for any help  :)

Offline robots

• Contributor
« Reply #2601 on: January 27, 2015, 04:50:37 pm »
Hi all,

I have been trying to implement quick program in python to test the hantek scope protocol over usb. Problem is that as they changed the USB driver in scope kernel, the whole protocol is a bit changed.

For example: they allow transfers larger than 64 (as the bulk packets allow 512bytes), and no multiple packets are sent, instead the scope sends more data until "length" of packet is satisfied.

I have also noticed that you can transfer multiple "channels" of data at the same time. You can get ch1, ch2, both, math only, math and ch1/2, LA. The LA option is valid only for MSO series.

This also means and explains why my scope didn't work well with dso-usb-tool.

Also for some reason there needs so be sleep between command submissions so scope has enough time to think about the answer ;) Probably why TTscope has 2threads for reading and writing.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 04:55:11 pm by robots »

Offline Stingray64er

« Reply #2602 on: January 28, 2015, 02:29:31 pm »
I just purchased the Hantek DSO1062B handheld, just got to wait for it to arrive now  :)

If I understand correctly, the 200Mhz BW is enabled by changing the folder named  /dst1062b to /dst1202b
Is that pretty much it?

I also noticed there is a DSO-BW-Changer tool from McCurrent
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/general-chat/hantek-tekway-dso-hack-get-200mhz-bw-for-free/msg91877/#msg91877

Thanks for any help guys, I can't wait for this DSO to arrive  :D

Offline ZdH

« Reply #2603 on: February 07, 2015, 01:34:04 pm »
As said above i took a look on the "Rescue Tool", when started it look like this:

"connect and send", which is so far ok, but when one check the about dialog there is "Time and Language set". That look like the "tool" is or was doing more than only connect and send soemthing. And actually there is more, but all in chinese language and disabled. So i did translated it into english and re-aranged/enabled again all hidden things. Now the tool likes like this:

Hi,

could you tell me, please, if you've already tested this tool on the last devices? I bought Voltcraf DSO1062D from Conrad, sw v3.30.0 (140924.0) and hw v1010x55778344.

It was very easy to changed bw to 200MHz (by changer, but it is possible to change it in the os by rewriting some files, as it is noted above in this forum). I'd like to have an Ethernet interface, so I soldered Ethernet connector with two LEDs and trafo PULSE H1102NL. And wanted to use your software to change my license to net version. But I can't connect to scope. I trying it by rear USB connector, it's correct, please? Or should I use serial interface with UART on the connector J801? (No one LEDs on the Ethernet connector lights up and on the switch I haven't any connection - UTP cable is "dead".) My OS is Windows 8.1 64b.  :(

Could you help me, please?

Offline fremen67

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2604 on: February 08, 2015, 09:26:06 am »
Hi,

could you tell me, please, if you've already tested this tool on the last devices? I bought Voltcraf DSO1062D from Conrad, sw v3.30.0 (140924.0) and hw v1010x55778344.

It was very easy to changed bw to 200MHz (by changer, but it is possible to change it in the os by rewriting some files, as it is noted above in this forum). I'd like to have an Ethernet interface, so I soldered Ethernet connector with two LEDs and trafo PULSE H1102NL. And wanted to use your software to change my license to net version. But I can't connect to scope. I trying it by rear USB connector, it's correct, please? Or should I use serial interface with UART on the connector J801? (No one LEDs on the Ethernet connector lights up and on the switch I haven't any connection - UTP cable is "dead".) My OS is Windows 8.1 64b.  :(

Could you help me, please?
UART connection is only for console mode connection. The Rescue Tool will connect through the rear usb connector but you will need dirvers installed on your system for that. Did you install them and were you able to connect to your scope with TTsource TTscope?
Did you also add the 2 x22pF caps plus the 25Mhz Crystal? Eventually you could also have to remove a 0R resistor near the DM9000AEP...
If you could post a photo of the DM9000AEP area and a photo of the H1102NL than we might have more détails to help you...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 12:17:20 am by fremen67 »
I'm a machine! And I can know much more! I can experience so much more. But I'm trapped in this absurd body!

Offline ZdH

« Reply #2605 on: February 08, 2015, 09:51:54 pm »
Hi, could you tell me, please, if you've already tested this tool on the last devices? I bought Voltcraf DSO1062D from Conrad, sw v3.30.0 (140924.0) and hw v1010x55778344.
UART connection is only for console mode connection. The Rescue Tool will connect through the rear usb connector but you will need dirvers installed on your system for that. Did you install them and were you able to connect to your scope with TTsource?
Did you also add the 2 x22pF caps plus the 25Mhz Crystal? Eventually you could also have to remove a 0R resistor near the DM9000AEP...
If you could post a photo of the DM9000AEP area and a photo of the H1102NL than we might have more détails to help you...
Hi, thank you for your kind offer of help.  :clap:
The answer of your the first question: I think, driver is installed correctly. When I can watching the cope screen on my windows pc by using DSO-USB-Tool, I have to use libUSB (not only USB) -> in the Windows in "libusb-win32 devices" I have "DSO Measurement Device". But it's parfect. (But I don't know what do you mean "TTsource", what is it - it is software source?)
But for another questions I have only negative answers - I've didn't add nothing else yet ... :(
I'll prepare some photos (and post) and will study what else I have to do ...
For the time being I thank you very much.

Offline fremen67

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2606 on: February 09, 2015, 12:23:41 am »
But I don't know what do you mean "TTsource", what is it - it is software source?
Sorry I made a typo , that is TTscope, the software that is on the miniCD you get with your scope. It allows control of the scope from your PC.
I'm a machine! And I can know much more! I can experience so much more. But I'm trapped in this absurd body!

Offline ZdH

« Reply #2607 on: February 09, 2015, 10:14:05 pm »
But I don't know what do you mean "TTsource", what is it - it is software source?
Sorry I made a typo , that is TTscope, the software that is on the miniCD you get with your scope. It allows control of the scope from your PC.
THX. You've helped me -> my software (from Conrad) has the name "Digital Scope" (=TTscope), it's in the version 2.0.0.7. And it was broken. When I repaired driver, I got "DSO USB Tool" broken, but "Digital Scope" is functional. And together with the "DSO Tool". Now I can connect to the scope and maybe to write some informations into it. But I'm afraid, first I'll do some backups ...
When I do this, I'll write here the result and post some photos about you told me (maybe in 2-3 days, I'm very busy now). Thank you once again.

Offline sparkybg

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2608 on: February 15, 2015, 09:44:39 am »
tinhead, do you know where calibration data is stored? If it is a file, I need to chek if it is readonly - the self calibration on my DSO1072E does not work - it exits on stage 11 and nothing changes. There is offset on the channels and the vertical voltage is not correct. (something like 360mV on 400mV square wave input).

Offline EPLan

• Contributor
« Reply #2609 on: February 16, 2015, 02:47:30 pm »
Complete newbie ... considering a Hantek DSO5072P - the summary page mentions software upgrades but not removing capacitors(page last edited Nov 8 2014), is it still necessary to remove the capacitors pl00 mentioned here?

Offline Decker

• Contributor
« Reply #2610 on: February 24, 2015, 09:02:48 pm »
tinhead, do you know where calibration data is stored? If it is a file, I need to chek if it is readonly - the self calibration on my DSO1072E does not work - it exits on stage 11 and nothing changes. There is offset on the channels and the vertical voltage is not correct. (something like 360mV on 400mV square wave input).

Sparky,
On my DSO5102BM, the calibration data is stored in /param/sav/chk1kb_xxxxxx (chk1kb_091023 on mine)

Preferences (profile/settings) are in /param/sav/set1kb_xxxxxx.x (set1kb_100302.0 on mine)

And current/running (dynamic) profile is in /param/sav/run1kb_xxxxxx (run1kb_100302 on mine)

Note: The run1kb_ file is basically a copy (at boot) of the set1kb_ file.

-Decker

Offline Decker

• Contributor
« Reply #2611 on: February 25, 2015, 01:36:12 am »
Complete newbie ... considering a Hantek DSO5072P - the summary page mentions software upgrades but not removing capacitors(page last edited Nov 8 2014), is it still necessary to remove the capacitors pl00 mentioned here?

EPlan,
You would need to remove those capacitors only if you hacked/increased the BW to 100MHz (or 200MHz).
My 100MHz (stock DSO5102BM) scope arrived with the locations marked on the board but the capacitors were not installed.  I was able to increase the BW from 100MHz to 200MHz, however there was still some work to be done in the input circuits with regard to resistor values.

Getting the 70MHz version would suggest that the capacitors are likely to be present and must be removed to achieve higher BW capability.

You could just get a 100MHz scope and leave it as-is to avoid any need for rework.

Also, I got the BM version with the extra [M]eg of memory.  That is a big waste because the extra memory is virtually useless since the capture is so slow and more than about 512K memory is rarely used.

Recommend base unit as DSO5102B, or the "P" equiv. DSO5102P if you like.
Doubtful the caps will be present in the recommended models.

-Decker
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 10:55:15 pm by Decker »

Offline Decker

• Contributor
« Reply #2612 on: February 25, 2015, 01:44:56 am »
For those interested...

My -brief- evaluation of the Hantek product(s) current hardware is available here:
Hantek DSO

There are a few informative pics, as well.

If the info is helpful, Great!
If not, Bummer!

-Decker

Offline rwgast_lowlevellogicdesin

• Frequent Contributor
    • LowLevel-LogicDesign
« Reply #2613 on: February 25, 2015, 06:10:53 pm »
Im thinking about 70mhz version and upgrading it to 200mhz, I dont mind the rework as long as it can be done with an iron. Would you say paying for the b model is a waste of money? Is the scope to slow when using the deeper memory past the P models?

Secondly and this is my biggest fear, does the scopes front end have any issues or have the been fixed? How about the constant lock ups? After watching Daves video it somewhat scared me away. Although I know there has been plenty of firmware releases since then.

Lastly is there a way to hack some type of pass fail trigger even if its through USB? I would like to write scripts to integrate with my saeleae logic analyzer?

Offline Decker

• Contributor
« Reply #2614 on: February 26, 2015, 03:17:51 am »
Im thinking about 70mhz version and upgrading it to 200mhz, I dont mind the rework as long as it can be done with an iron. Would you say paying for the b model is a waste of money? Is the scope to slow when using the deeper memory past the P models?

The B is okay.  Gets wasteful when you add the M.
Everything is slower than expected, but it's a "bargain" scope.

Secondly and this is my biggest fear, does the scopes front end have any issues or have the been fixed? How about the constant lock ups? After watching Daves video it somewhat scared me away. Although I know there has been plenty of firmware releases since then.

Seems pretty stable, but mine is the most recent release of the 5102.  Locks up only when "user" is careless and goes beyond the scan memory limit, which changes depending on the function.
Software doesn't prevent it, but might in the next upgrade if they do their job.

Lastly is there a way to hack some type of pass fail trigger even if its through USB? I would like to write scripts to integrate with my saeleae logic analyzer?

I'm sure you could read from the unit via a script and make something work.
Personally, I'd just solder in a header and add the internal LA board if I needed that.

At this time, I use independent ZeroPlus LAs and nothing integrated.  I find it much more reliable to use a scope as a scope, and LAs as LAs without anything interconnected other than trigger inputs and probes.

-Decker

Offline ZdH

« Reply #2615 on: February 27, 2015, 02:38:00 pm »
Hi, could you tell me, please, if you've already tested this tool on the last devices? I bought Voltcraf DSO1062D from Conrad, sw v3.30.0 (140924.0) and hw v1010x55778344. I'd like to have an Ethernet interface, so I soldered Ethernet connector with two LEDs and trafo PULSE H1102NL. And wanted to use your software to change my license to net version. But I can't connect to scope. I trying it by rear USB connector, it's correct, please? Or should I use serial interface with UART on the connector J801? (No one LEDs on the Ethernet connector lights up and on the switch I haven't any connection - UTP cable is "dead".) My OS is Windows 8.1 64b.  :( Could you help me, please?
Sorry, it has took me so long ... Here is my photos.
One of them with H1102NL:

Offline Decker

• Contributor
« Reply #2616 on: February 27, 2015, 05:23:28 pm »
ZdH,

Try this... [see attachment jpg]

Make sure you put Y2 (25MHz Xtal) on the TOP side. :-)
-Decker
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:12:05 am by Decker »

Offline ZdH

« Reply #2617 on: February 27, 2015, 06:36:02 pm »
ZdH,
-Decker
Thank you, I've thought I haven't any components ... But -> DM9000 has 100 pins - is't possible to put on the PCB? I'll study it againg. Thank you one more.
ZdH

Offline Decker

• Contributor
« Reply #2618 on: February 27, 2015, 07:42:59 pm »
Thank you, I've thought I haven't any components ... But -> DM9000 has 100 pins - is't possible to put on the PCB? I'll study it againg. Thank you one more.
ZdH
You need the DM9000AEP in QFP48 package, here's an eBay example:
DM9000AEP QFP48

-Decker

Offline chsn

« Reply #2619 on: March 04, 2015, 05:53:05 pm »
MSO5202D is it possible to install the Russian language?

Offline Decker

• Contributor
« Reply #2620 on: March 04, 2015, 10:26:18 pm »
MSO5202D is it possible to install the Russian language?

Click the "Search" button (next to Print button) and enter "Russian" to search the thread.
I immediately got 15 hits and here's an example -> Search Result #14
You'll have to "hack" the language into the DSO unless it's released in a FW update, but this a starting point for you.

Note to thread: Folks should at least make an "attempt" to search before asking and making everyone else do the work for them. :-)
-Decker

Offline vferencz

« Reply #2621 on: March 05, 2015, 09:25:50 am »
ZdH,

-Decker
I' want to install DM9000AEP, H1102NL and optos in RJ45 line. In theard #1105 is Tinhead's sch. and picture.  Intresting me the types & values of missing components, (if it's possible).
(I' have same scope as ZdH, and juse their picture.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 09:34:19 am by vferencz »

Offline chsn

« Reply #2622 on: March 05, 2015, 11:01:14 am »
English I do not know, do not give instructions to email the installation language. I do not understand the firmware extension is up, and how and where to put the language? Or a link to the installation instructions. I can not find myself because of poor knowledge of the language. Thank U.

Offline colosseum01

« Reply #2623 on: March 08, 2015, 10:12:02 pm »
Hi guys i wanna to ask any1 , is there some has got experince with HANTEK MSO7084BLG ? Is it hackable to better rate?

Offline mg.glodek@gmail.com

« Reply #2624 on: March 12, 2015, 07:19:43 am »
Hi,

I have received a Volcraft DSO-1062D scope that crashes at the very begining after start, shoving only Volcraft logo. After connecting via UART to my laptop with Putty software I have noticed that linux faild to start with "Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!" error.
Full log below.

Can I ask anyone that has simmilar scope (Hantek DSO5062D or Takwey) to make a backup file for me that I could flash mine?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf