Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2803585 times)

Offline DiTBho

• Super Contributor
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #12575 on: October 30, 2023, 11:15:48 pm »
UT622E LCR Meter
What I dont like about the UT622E so far:
- UNI-T Device Manager software requires a COM port below 10.
- Black GUI (but that's only me).
- 100 MegOhms max. Sometimes I need around 1 GigOhm.

I haven't Googled it yet, does it come with a RS232 port? if yes, is the communication protocol documented?

The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

Offline rfclown

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12576 on: October 31, 2023, 01:16:09 pm »
Test cables. I like the connectors on these obsolete series Megaphase cables. The new "equivalent" series has sucky connectors.

Offline Messtechniker

• Frequent Contributor
  • Old analog audio hand - No voodoo.
« Reply #12577 on: October 31, 2023, 04:42:28 pm »
The UT622E has a virtual COM Port via USB.
Its the software supplied with the unit which has the <COM 10 limitation.

Communication (SCPI) is documented in the manual and works as advertised.
Tried it with Profilab. May eventually publish it on the abacom-online.de site
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 04:49:11 pm by Messtechniker »
Agilent 34465A, Siglent SDG 2042X, Hameg HMO1022, R&S HMC 8043, Peaktech 2025A, Voltcraft VC 940, M-Audio Audiophile 192, R&S Psophometer UPGR, 3 Transistor Testers, DL4JAL Transistor Curve Tracer, UT622E LCR meter

The following users thanked this post: DiTBho

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #12578 on: November 02, 2023, 04:41:39 pm »
Shannon tweezers (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/design-a-new-precision-lcr-tweezers/ https://shannontweezers.top/)

I absolutely love how they effortlessly and consistently measure 1pF. I hope with these tweezers my small capacitors (0603 and 0402) will stop flying around :(. Also, interestingly, my cheap lcr tweezers are spot-on, though don't have as much resolution. But they are not of much use due flimsy tips not being able to grab small caps reliably.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12579 on: November 02, 2023, 05:41:43 pm »
A Bus Pirate version 5 preview pcb.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #12580 on: November 02, 2023, 06:44:54 pm »
Shannon tweezers (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/design-a-new-precision-lcr-tweezers/ https://shannontweezers.top/)

I absolutely love how they effortlessly and consistently measure 1pF. I hope with these tweezers my small capacitors (0603 and 0402) will stop flying around :(. Also, interestingly, my cheap lcr tweezers are spot-on, though don't have as much resolution. But they are not of much use due flimsy tips not being able to grab small caps reliably.
After using ST3 tweezers for ~15 years ST42 tweezers do have a different feel where you need relearn how to handle SMD components.
FWIW practice, practice practice.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline DiTBho

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12581 on: November 03, 2023, 01:04:21 pm »
A Bus Pirate version 5 preview pcb.

I have one of the first Bus-Pirate versions, which I used a lot at the beginning to have something that spoke I2C, but I don't use it anymore.

Today I'm looking with great interest at the latest version bus-blaster, very unfortunate as a project because they haven't even dedicated a page, but it could be very useful as E-Jtag MIPS on MIPS32-r2 targets, like my Atlas eval board.

I still have to order one, and then... well, then I have to experiment for myself, because there's no one around who can give feedback  :-//
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

The following users thanked this post: RAPo

Offline armandine2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12582 on: November 03, 2023, 02:38:12 pm »
a Milwaukee battery - rather than a Makita one  :palm:

Funny, the things you have the hardest time parting with are the things you need the least - Bob Dylan

Offline mendip_discovery

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12583 on: November 03, 2023, 03:02:00 pm »
So I can't be the only person suffering TEA issues,

So last weekend I spotted something I had been looking for so I put a comedy bid for one, then spotted a better one so put a comedy bid on that. So now I own two Current Clamp Meter attachments for a multimeter. A i410 and i1010. The i410 is rated for 400A AC/DC with a spec of 3.5% + 0.5A for DC and AC, whereas the i1010 is rated for 600A AC and 1000A DC but at a better 2.0% + 0.5A specification. Just need to keep an eye out for a low range one for those moments when I want to measure the resting current or at least know the leakage current on vehicles.

Motorcyclist, Nerd, and I work in a Calibration Lab :-)
--
So everyone is clear, Calibration = Taking Measurement against a known source, Verification = Checking Calibration against Specification, Adjustment = Adjusting the unit to be within specifications.

The following users thanked this post: Mortymore

Online Alex Eisenhut

• Super Contributor
  • Place text here.
« Reply #12584 on: November 05, 2023, 12:08:04 am »
Found this almost featureless thing while thrifting, all it has in the rear is a round 4 pin power connector with no indication, a USB B socket, and a grille with a fan ...

Chunky + heavy + metal + 5$ = buy

It's pretty big and heavy, I thought maybe a USB chargeable battery back up. I figured I could use the aluminum case to maybe make something. (yeah right)

But noooo, inside it's two 500GB SATA WD hard drives hooked up as a 1TB drive. Of course with USB 2.0 it'll probably take 5 days to fill ...

Of course the power pinout is the reverse of the power supply I have so it'll have to wait.

Meh, so worst case 5$ for that enclosure is not bad.
Hoarder of 8-bit Commodore relics and 1960s Tektronix 500-series stuff. Unconventional interior decorator.

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12585 on: November 05, 2023, 09:34:09 am »
Max speed for USB2.0 is 480Mbps, faster than the 100Mbps LAN.

Offline ledtester

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12586 on: November 06, 2023, 04:23:25 am »
Just placed an order for a Flipper Zero for $169:

https://shop.flipperzero.one/

I noticed, though, that there are many Aliexpress listings selling them for twice that amount (but no listings on ebay).

Also, the Flipper website says demand for the units is very high. This makes me wonder about the Aliexpress listings. Are they a scam? Or perhaps they actually bought Flippers and are just flipping them?

Offline elex_enthusiast

• Regular Contributor
  • Everything has user-salvageable parts inside!!!!
« Reply #12587 on: November 06, 2023, 09:16:39 am »
I've been hunting for a decent LCR meter for my bench. I managed to score one ;) Finally the hunt is over! :bullshit:
Always learn how to break and fix things electronics!

The following users thanked this post: Mortymore

Offline JacobPilsen

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12588 on: November 06, 2023, 05:58:24 pm »

The noise on its output looks terrible.
There are two kind of "9Volts" Li-Ions:
Single cell with voltage booster and dual cells.
Dual cells are much better.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/keysight-u1253b-meter-lithium-ion-9v-compatibility/

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #12589 on: November 07, 2023, 01:15:27 am »
Some more SMD binder component sleeves. Same dodgy seller has some used DMM's for auction too  ;D eBay auction: #225859761121
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #12590 on: November 07, 2023, 01:25:01 am »
Some more SMD binder component sleeves. Same dodgy seller has some used DMM's for auction too  ;D eBay auction: #225859761121

Dave is selling some old meters, has hell frozen over?   :wtf:

Just placed an order for a Flipper Zero for $169:

https://shop.flipperzero.one/

I noticed, though, that there are many Aliexpress listings selling them for twice that amount (but no listings on ebay).

Also, the Flipper website says demand for the units is very high. This makes me wonder about the Aliexpress listings. Are they a scam? Or perhaps they actually bought Flippers and are just flipping them?

It was just flipping early on when the demand was high and there was huge hype. Its died off now. There will still always be some premium for aliexpress, since they will ship to some countries the official store does not. But let us know if you find some interesting feature.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12591 on: November 07, 2023, 04:19:57 am »
Also arrived today a $9.34 AUD box for my FNB58 logger/tester and load to suit. Room in the lid for a short USB power and data lead too. Arrived with a few hundred assorted velcro cable ties to sort out some mess as well https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005494903757.html

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Scram

Offline rfclown

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12592 on: November 08, 2023, 02:40:20 am »
Last of the seller's short Mega Phase cables (bought 2 previously). Also looked at his other items (on eBay) and got a 100 MHz oscillator.

Offline armandine2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12593 on: November 08, 2023, 12:58:36 pm »
... just arrived today Press-n Peel PCB Transfer Film  :palm:

after watching a Franlab video?
Funny, the things you have the hardest time parting with are the things you need the least - Bob Dylan

Offline RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12594 on: November 09, 2023, 03:38:37 pm »
Today, the PPC archive version 2.44 arrived.

74.253 pages on HP- calculator info.

Offline armandine2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12595 on: November 10, 2023, 12:42:31 pm »
inspired? by the new 50 dollar multimeter robustness testing prospect I went for a Vici VC97A

you should get it by  :palm:

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #12596 on: November 13, 2023, 11:18:31 pm »
Also arrived today a $9.34 AUD box for my FNB58 logger/tester and load to suit. Room in the lid for a short USB power and data lead too. Arrived with a few hundred assorted velcro cable ties to sort out some mess as well https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005494903757.html

What's your general impression? Any good?

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12597 on: November 13, 2023, 11:46:20 pm »

What's your general impression? Any good?

All three are good things? The FNB58 PC software seems better than the average Chinese offerings and overall the unit does what it says on the packet.  :-+ The Box other than taking a sledge hammer to it will surrive any general abuse or Mr Bozo moments.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12598 on: November 14, 2023, 02:22:47 am »
This one is on Stefan Gotteswinter who 'made me' push the button on one with his latest video  :-DD

Really good deal on a drill sharpener in Oz at present if anyone is in the market for one. It might seem like a lot but I will get back a very large chunk of it with 'the box' of drills of mine and my Dads ancient ones. It is missing the web thinning part of Stefans good one but on smaller drills not the end of the world in particular if you pilot bore the larger ones.

https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/d111

Offline DiTBho

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12599 on: November 14, 2023, 02:10:48 pm »

a bicycle trolley  :o :o :o
(transportation trailer)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf