Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2802679 times)

bingo600, mendip_discovery and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #1775 on: July 19, 2016, 01:15:13 pm »
Marconi 2024 9kHz-2.4GHz signal generator, arrived this morning, fixed in 30mins by replaced a capacitor in the power supply. I have to do some cleaning later ;D

Nice, looks very similar inside to my Aeroflex sig gen (no surprise), any chance of some board pics?

Online gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
« Reply #1776 on: July 19, 2016, 02:46:40 pm »
Marconi 2024 9kHz-2.4GHz signal generator, arrived this morning, fixed in 30mins by replaced a capacitor in the power supply. I have to do some cleaning later ;D

Nice, looks very similar inside to my Aeroflex sig gen (no surprise), any chance of some board pics?

Sure  :-DD

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/quick-repair-project-marconi-2024/

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah, CJay

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #1777 on: July 19, 2016, 03:49:43 pm »
HP 8656b signal generator... for no reason other than "I didn't have one." 

Have to say,  a bit pissed off that the seller sent me a different one than pictured even thought the listing specifically stated item was the one pictured.  Despite that hiccup it's spot on and fully functional and only cost me $150.  Now I'm trying to decide about kicking up a fuss and getting my money back or just moan about misrepresenting the item in the feedback.  The issue is if I send it back I run the risk of yet another bait and switch and may end up with one not nearly this functional/decent of shape for so cheap.  Pretty sure the dude was just sour I won his nicest one for cheap so he sent me what he thought was "fair"...  man I hate ebay sometimes.

If there aren't any serious issues with it, I'd probably opt to keep it and moan in the feedback. Although you're well within your right to push to get the unit that was pictured, the seller could still leave you short in many ways, including making you send back that one, then claiming the correct one is no longer available and cancel the transaction. I wouldn't take the risk nor go through the hassle. You got a great deal. Of course, if you're not happy with it, I'll go the extra mile to relieve you of the pain and suffering at that price! :-DD

Enjoy it!
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Kilrah

• Supporter
« Reply #1778 on: July 19, 2016, 08:48:52 pm »
Send him a message and ask for a partial refund :P

Offline bollio

• Contributor
« Reply #1779 on: July 19, 2016, 09:44:34 pm »
HP 8656b signal generator... for no reason other than "I didn't have one." 

Have to say,  a bit pissed off that the seller sent me a different one than pictured even thought the listing specifically stated item was the one pictured.  Despite that hiccup it's spot on and fully functional and only cost me $150.  Now I'm trying to decide about kicking up a fuss and getting my money back or just moan about misrepresenting the item in the feedback.  The issue is if I send it back I run the risk of yet another bait and switch and may end up with one not nearly this functional/decent of shape for so cheap.  Pretty sure the dude was just sour I won his nicest one for cheap so he sent me what he thought was "fair"...  man I hate ebay sometimes.

If there aren't any serious issues with it, I'd probably opt to keep it and moan in the feedback. Although you're well within your right to push to get the unit that was pictured, the seller could still leave you short in many ways, including making you send back that one, then claiming the correct one is no longer available and cancel the transaction. I wouldn't take the risk nor go through the hassle. You got a great deal. Of course, if you're not happy with it, I'll go the extra mile to relieve you of the pain and suffering at that price! :-DD

Enjoy it!

Well... The seller refunded me $75... So now I have a 8656b signal generator for a grand total of $75... Shipping included!  Havent been so pleased about being ripped off before!

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #1780 on: July 19, 2016, 10:01:09 pm »
Damn!!  Where can I get ripped off like that?!?  Congrats!   :-+ :-+

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #1781 on: July 20, 2016, 02:02:12 am »
Woah! In awe. :clap:
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Wirehead

• Regular Contributor
    • Wirehead.be
« Reply #1782 on: July 20, 2016, 06:38:37 pm »
Owon B35T - works well, cheap bluetooth logging  :-+ . Obviously nothing special for input protection, but works real well. Takes 2 AA's, has a nice crisp display & backlight. Tested against my voltage ref, bang on. Good stand and feel to the meter. No complaints at this price point for low voltage stuff.
"to remain static is to lose ground"

Offline elex_enthusiast

• Regular Contributor
  • Everything has user-salvageable parts inside!!!!
« Reply #1783 on: July 21, 2016, 06:08:05 am »
Not a purchase but an unexpected find on a dumpster dive. A very rare opportunity (at least here in my country) to found something so valuable that would even cost a few thousands of peso for a brand new one. Its an Hioki 3256-50 Multimeter. Its was dead but turned out to be the only issue was the board wasn't held by one of the clip post that has been bent for a long time since the board popped out. A simple board cleaning, re installation and reinforcing the bent clip post with a piece of paper fixed the issue..now I feel great to have additional multimeter to play with. :-DMM

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 06:14:18 am by elex_enthusiast »
Always learn how to break and fix things electronics!

Offline PartialDischarge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1784 on: July 21, 2016, 07:34:45 am »
I got this nice 900W power supply, 48V at nearly 19A from user Balint, heres the link

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/fs-(-eu-hu-at-)-48v54v-900watt-18-75a-eaton-power-supplys-40-euro/

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #1785 on: July 21, 2016, 12:54:28 pm »
Fluke 8010A DMM. Ebay purchase. Described as powers up only. I took a chance because it didn't look physically beat up and the price was right. Received it yesterday and it is in good physical shape. Electrically is a different story.  :-BROKE Upper DC volt ranges won't calibrate. AC volts is totally FUBAR. It's stuck on over range. Ohms is OK. Oh well. I have the manual plus schematics so this will be my next project.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 06:33:45 am by med6753 »
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline rcorwin3

« Reply #1786 on: July 21, 2016, 01:42:56 pm »
Found on evilbay a Rigol ds2102a for 600.00 US! Borrowed and stole to get it as I have been looking for a DSO to replace my old Tektronix analog. He says it is in great condition and works. Not sure if it has been hacked or not but for that price I think I can deal with it!!

rik
No clue....

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #1787 on: July 21, 2016, 08:14:18 pm »
Technically not purchased today, but arrived today.

A couple of months ago I signed an agreement for a complete upgrade of our company WAN nationwide. Part of the offering included ISP connectivity replacing our existing provider.

The connection was changed over last night.
Nelson to Sydney figures below. I am pretty please with the speeds.

Please, no complaints about getting access to EEVblog because I am hogging bandwidth to Sydney…   >:D
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1788 on: July 21, 2016, 09:26:52 pm »
Technically not purchased today, but arrived today.

A couple of months ago I signed an agreement for a complete upgrade of our company WAN nationwide. Part of the offering included ISP connectivity replacing our existing provider.

The connection was changed over last night.
Nelson to Sydney figures below. I am pretty please with the speeds.

Please, no complaints about getting access to EEVblog because I am hogging bandwidth to Sydney…   >:D
:-+

:rant:  :rant:  :rant:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Kilrah

• Supporter
« Reply #1789 on: July 21, 2016, 09:36:03 pm »
Does it come with the signature Australian data cap, so that you can bust your 25GB/month in 4 minutes?  :-DD

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #1790 on: July 21, 2016, 10:08:45 pm »
No data cap...
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1791 on: July 21, 2016, 10:15:57 pm »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1792 on: July 21, 2016, 10:22:37 pm »
Not a purchase but an unexpected find on a dumpster dive.
A really nice DMM from 2003 or so. http://www.kntu.ac.ir/dorsapax/userfiles/file/Electrical/ElecLabManuals/HIOKI3256-50.pdf
I wonder if the Voltage Detect works.
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline mgotter

« Reply #1793 on: July 22, 2016, 12:10:36 am »
Just got a DS1054Z, still searching for a few other basic pieces of equipment.

Offline FireFlower

• Regular Contributor
  • Wish had a cabin in Lappland

Offline Wirehead

• Regular Contributor
    • Wirehead.be
« Reply #1795 on: July 23, 2016, 09:03:29 pm »
An Aven Mighty Vue Magnifying Lamp - practically stole it  :-+
"to remain static is to lose ground"

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #1796 on: July 24, 2016, 06:39:27 am »
Just some DRAM, to upgrade a couple of PCs. 8 x 1GB DDR2 2RX8 PC2-5300E 667MHz DIMM.
They are ECC, but far enough behind the size curve that they were quite cheap. Au$12.20 for 2.
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline Whiche

« Reply #1797 on: July 25, 2016, 02:39:11 pm »
sandwich  ;D ;D ;D

Offline boffin

• Supporter
« Reply #1798 on: July 25, 2016, 05:41:03 pm »
The module is DPS3003; about $20 on Aliexpress. 

up to 30v (with the right input), 3A.  I'm only feeding it about 14v, good enough for the digital stuff I do.  Previously I had mod'ded the the same PSU with a 7805 to give it just fixed 12v and 5v, but I found myself doing 3.3v stuff occasionally, and this is also nice having the meter on the front.  Accuracy isn't perfect, but +/-5% is good enough for me (I can hear Dave shuddering at that statement)

The only thing I don't really like is it's click through for each digits, I'd rather just have velocity sensitive.

Just got an email from them, and they have a new module coming out.  Looks similar, but it has a separate regulator board w/ fan, and supposedly up to 5A (although I wouldn't run it at that).  If you're building yourself a small powersupply, this would work nicely.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/RD-DPS5015-Constant-Voltage-current-Step-down-Programmable-digital-Power-Supply-buck-Voltage-converter-color-LCD/923042_32702714880.html

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #1799 on: July 26, 2016, 05:54:21 am »
I am now working on power over fiber based on multi-junction silicon PV cells (the wide band gap InGaAs/GaAs/Ge rubbish won't work).
Luckily I saved up for enough money to buy a fusion splicer, and I have access to a clean room (crude fab with silicon/SiC/GaN/GaAs capability).
After this power over fiber project I will probably move to fiber medium lasers, focusing on short wavelength, for direct power device firing.

Is this related to your power inverter project? That would be very cool.
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf