Author Topic: FeelTech FY6600 60MHz 2-Ch VCO Function Arbitrary Waveform Signal Generator  (Read 559067 times)

Offline DPA31

• Contributor
Hi,
Is this of any help ?
attached Sb to Blue pill wiring diagram.
Cheers.
Dom.

Offline soundtec

• Regular Contributor
Hi DCMC ,
Well no sign of anything in the menu's that shows a way to firmware update . Just the box with the accy's was what I recieved ,so I presume software works the same as 6600 .

Thanks Dom, thats a usefull connection diagram for anyone who needs it .

any more questions ,dont hesitate to ask.

Offline soundtec

• Regular Contributor
Just wondering if it might be worthwhile extending this thread to cover the FY6800 too ,seems pointless to set up another topic when everything relevant to 6600 is also relevant to 6800 model.

Offline andrewjessop

• LinkedIn profile
Hi soundtec, I don't suppose you could take some pictures of the 6800 front panel PCB for us?  Would be interesting to see if they've switched some pins around on the STM32 processor.

Cheers,
AJ

Offline soundtec

• Regular Contributor
Heres a couple of photos Andy,
I'll try and get better shots in daylight tomorrow ,

Offline soundtec

• Regular Contributor
And another of the far side of the board ,

Offline DaveR

• Regular Contributor
Just wondering if it might be worthwhile extending this thread to cover the FY6800 too ,seems pointless to set up another topic when everything relevant to 6600 is also relevant to 6800 model.

As the 6800 is effectively a 6600 in a different suit, I'd go along with that.

I know you're going to be busy with requests, writing reviews, etc., but does it look like the 3091/3095 mods are still simple drop in replacements for the 3002, or have the other components disappeared from the new board?

Offline andrewjessop

• LinkedIn profile
Thanks soundtec, very helpful! 

It doesn't look like any of the pin functions are changed from my very brief look.  I guess we can confirm with some better quality pictures + getting you to beep out a few pins/vias.

If the Signal Board comms/register protocol hasn't changed then I guess all of Freman67's work will still be of use for the FY6800 model as well.  Even if the protocol has changed it seems to still be using SPI so it would just mean more fun with the logic analyser  :)

AJ

Offline soundtec

• Regular Contributor
Hi Dave ,
I didnt lift the heatsink on the new unit ,but as far as I can see the pads for the extra op amps are still there, everything runs in parrallel from the 3002 ,power ,inputs and outputs ,so I think that should be fine . Some other differences I noticed were U302 ,which was unpopulated on the 6600 board is now gone . Also the op amp for the input has been moved back from its original position ,I'll get some proper daylit closeups of the boards tomorrow and post them and I can nip around with the bleeper and see if the pin config on the STM tallys with the 6600.

The following users thanked this post: Gregg

Offline DaveR

• Regular Contributor
Cheers, soundtec - you're a hero :)

Offline soundtec

• Regular Contributor
Heres a couple of shots of the boards ,

Offline soundtec

• Regular Contributor
And the front panel ,

Offline Candid

• Regular Contributor
I made a picture with the two mainboards for comparison. Looks as if the pcb is nearly the same and only little changes.

Offline Miti

• Super Contributor
Did you guys use the USB Blaster to read the FPGA flash or you had to remove it and use a programmer?
Fear does not stop death, it stops life.

Offline DaveR

• Regular Contributor
I made a picture with the two mainboards for comparison. Looks as if the pcb is nearly the same and only little changes.

I was just about to make the same observation.  It looks more like a tidying up job than anything else.  As chip 11 has been removed, was it even doing anything in the first place, I wonder?

Offline Candid

• Regular Contributor
It's not removed I think look to the left upper side on the FY6800 board. I cannot read the printings on the chip and did only check on basis of this low res pictures.

Offline DaveR

• Regular Contributor

Offline DaveR

• Regular Contributor
It's not removed I think look to the left upper side on the FY6800 board. I cannot read the printings on the chip and did only check on basis of this low res pictures.

Ah, yes - it looks like it's just been repositioned.  I should have looked harder!

Offline DaveR

• Regular Contributor
Just had a quick look around, and the 6800s are now on sale at Banggood, AliExpress and ebay, priced about the same as the 6600s.  The manual and software are also now on the Feeltech website.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:04:59 pm by DaveR »

Offline Gregg

• Super Contributor
Just had a quick look around, and the 6800s are now on sale at Banggood, AliExpress and ebay, priced about the same as the 6600s.  The manual and software are also now on the Feeltech website.
I just looked at ebay and Banggood and the front panels of the FY6800 say FeelElec on them.  Do you suppose it already has been cloned, or maybe FeelTech is trying to bury a bad image.  The Banggood one is pre-order; the only one I found on ebay one states it is US stock

Offline Candid

• Regular Contributor
FeelElec you can see on the original photos on FeelTech website.

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
There is one on EBAY Europe now:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/FY6800-DDS-20-60MHz-2-channel-Generateur-de-signaux-de-Fonction-Signal-Generator/112994684205

If anybody can confirm that the STM on the front panel is unlocked, I may get myself one and use the other for the experimentation.
If not, they can keep it, from the documents I've seen all the "upgrade" and "update" references have disappeared.

Cheers and thanks for the pictures,
 DC1MC

Offline DaveR

• Regular Contributor
I've looked through the manual, and there's no mention of upgrading that I can see.

There is a new feature statement on page 6, however: "All parameters can be calibrated by internal procedures", which looks interesting - except that there's no further mention of calibration either.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 07:54:55 pm by DaveR »

Offline soundtec

• Regular Contributor
Sorry I could have gone a bit higher on the res of those pics,was out all afternoon having a few summer pints of cider .
Its seems like some clarification on the part of Feeltech about firmware updates might be in order , I'll try sending an email asking about it  . Just found the documentation for the 6800 but cant see the software , I'll check for interoperabillity  between the 6600/6800 hardware and software tomorrow ,that should give us a good idea where were going with our own efforts. Fingers crossed it'll work just the same . Only difference I can see between the two machines so far is the VCO getting its own set up page and channel sync settings are now accessed via system menu instead of a dedicated button on the panel .

Its hard to know what the idea behind re-branding the product is , and its comming out at the same price as the 6600 in any case. Is there really any point in Feeltech producing the 6600 anymore ? I'll do a better visual comparison between the two boards tomorrow  ,looks to me the filters at the outputs of the dacs might have been re-jigged ,I certainly noticed differences in the components around that area.

I think Im limited to around 1mb for pic uploads here so maybe someone can suggest another way to host higher resolution images .

Offline soundtec

• Regular Contributor
I can try reading the firmware status on the front panel if you link me back to the methodology you used DC1MC, is there any special interface required or will a simple programmer do the job ? If it needs a proper logic probe to do it I could probably get the use of one if needs be.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf