-
-
Everybody
remember ! the feeder pins of the CL feeders MUST be lubricated -
especially the rear pin of the feeder where the pin goes through the O-ring
It will NOT (and should not) go in with out lubrication. Use SILICON GREASE or even a bit of saliva from your mouth.
If lubrication is not used on the rear feeder pins the O ring will be damaged and you'll have a poor air seal and poor feeder operation...
:-)
Glen
-
-
Is it your intention to release the source code?
Maybe just push your code into a git repo. Save your self lots of work and then others can contribute to your efforts as well. Open source is so powerful to get stuff done at speed
+1 to this. A lesson hard learned from OpenPnP is that it's more valuable to document something once on a Wiki rather than 100 times in emails to 100 different people. Push the code up to a repo, add the docs to a Wiki and update as you go. Then you can just send interested parties a link.
-
-
All nozzles (rotation, plunge, vaccuum) from OpenPNP are working today ...
rotation, Z plunge all tidied up .
Things to do :
1) decide where to have openPNP control the lighting (cameras)
2) decide on a machine fiducial at the far end from the standard opto-interrupt setup machine-home, to permit auto XY step cal.
Note : TVM802 + OpenPNP will use same TVM driver interface to OpenPNP. That should be a cinch !
-
-
Everybody
remember ! the feeder pins of the CL feeders MUST be lubricated -
especially the rear pin of the feeder where the pin goes through the O-ring
It will NOT (and should not) go in with out lubrication. Use SILICON GREASE or even a bit of saliva from your mouth.
If lubrication is not used on the rear feeder pins the O ring will be damaged and you'll have a poor air seal and poor feeder operation...
:-)
Glen
Theres some useful information in teh Yamaha User Manuals about the feeders, which i think are pretty general.
-
#379 Reply
Posted by
anfang
on 09 Jan, 2017 01:38
-
All nozzles (rotation, plunge, vaccuum) from OpenPNP are working today ...
rotation, Z plunge all tidied up .
Things to do :
1) decide where to have openPNP control the lighting (cameras)
2) decide on a machine fiducial at the far end from the standard opto-interrupt setup machine-home, to permit auto XY step cal.
Note : TVM802 + OpenPNP will use same TVM driver interface to OpenPNP. That should be a cinch !
I agree with JasonV...you need to get this in a git repository ASAP and start do pull requests back OpenPNP. This current path is not sustainable.
Why the resistance?
-
#380 Reply
Posted by
anfang
on 09 Jan, 2017 03:54
-
Anfang as I pointed out about 50 posts ago, the source will be released when it is good to go.
I dont want people damaging themselves or machines until it is good, there is a very small pool of people testing.
You are off the beta program now. I am only interested in test with people who are not PITAs.
Most open source works through problems WITH the users. If nothing was released until it was almost perfet, then Jason would still be toiling away in private kicking people off the beta he didn't agree with in a single post. If you were still concerned about safety, then I doubt you'd be listing off a long set of features that had nothing to do with safety. I was merely pointing out that it might be more valuable to spend an hour and push everything to github, and then people could work on features WITH YOU.
As for being kicked off something I hadn't yet climbed aboard, consider me unfazed.
-
-
I have put out there, people who want to try it , and provide feedback , I have done that and I have had good feedback for a couple of people
you are welcome to ask for this privilege and I will send you link. Anfang you clearly know what you are doing, so I respect that, however, I in this case, know what is best for my source code, so I will take feedback and provide correction in that order
OpenPNP is a different beast- that enormous piece of software has to be all things to all people. This does not.
-
-
As for being kicked off something I hadn't yet climbed aboard, consider me unfazed.
I would'nt wait for this to be done Anfang, probalby best to do it yourself..
-
-
Source won't be released until we're good to go, which will be few days.. maybe a week. I will run a job on it next week.
It's closed until I open it. If you don't like that, write it yourself, be my guest.
Anyone who is a BETA tester has access if they want to the source. Anfang I would welcome you being involved as I think that know what you are doing.
Unlike OpenPNP which is feature and process driven , there is little room for input.
That is to say, it either works, or it does not, there is no in between. The heads either do what they are told or they do not.
This is not a project that has artistic input at this point.
-
-
For those following the Google groups OpenPNP forum you will know there is a bit of talk on using the existing capture card (dual input composite) , and the code requirements to switch inputs are the sticking point currently.
Using the composite card has some benefits- low latency high frame rate linear digitization.
This is good !
The built-in cameras are actually quite good.
There is some move to provide the input switching. I chose a different path, just rip em out and use USB2 ELP monochrome cameras ($40-$50), for me time is money and I couldn't be arsed messing around. The ELP USB2 cameras are screw-bolt compatible ! all you need is a 1.5mm hex key... yes NO holes to change....
The upsides- USB2 ELP camera "Just Work" . The USB2 cameras, in linear output (YUY2) (not compressed motion JPEG) will only make about 6 fps in 2MPixel mode, and about 1MPixel mode- about 9 fps, which is entirely sufficient, but the system does have to wait for the frame capture.
How good these lens will be on these small M12 lens is another story, you can get better lens.
However the use of the internal pre-existing composite 2 input capture board will be supported, either in TVMdriver or in OpenPNP. TVMdriver does not touch the vision, that's an open-PNP thing. TVMdriver is a motion control platform.
-
-
Source won't be released until we're good to go, which will be few days.. maybe a week. I will run a job on it next week.
It's closed until I open it. If you don't like that, write it yourself, be my guest.
Anyone who is a BETA tester has access if they want to the source. Anfang I would welcome you being involved as I think that know what you are doing.
Unlike OpenPNP which is feature and process driven , there is little room for input.
That is to say, it either works, or it does not, there is no in between. The heads either do what they are told or they do not.
This is not a project that has artistic input at this point.
al freír de los huevos lo verá <-- Because you like a puzzle
-
-
SPECIFIC OpenPNP chat is now moving over into Google Groups OpenPNP >> TVM920 OpenPNP driver
However I'll still use this for more general stuff. like mechanics, electronics, mechatronix, air , whatever....
-
-
There is new software for the TVM920 - 1.27 available from Qihe.
I can send it to you, or ask Qihe . Best to ask them so you stay on contact
TVM920 driver for OpenPNP is complete. (has been fr a while)
-
-
There is new software for the TVM920 - 1.27 available from Qihe.
I can send it to you, or ask Qihe . Best to ask them so you stay on contact
TVM920 driver for OpenPNP is complete. (has been fr a while)
were can i can download the OpenPNP driver code from?
-
-
There is new software for the TVM920 - 1.27 available from Qihe.
I can send it to you, or ask Qihe . Best to ask them so you stay on contact
TVM920 driver for OpenPNP is complete. (has been fr a while)
Are you going to release this code like you promised or has somethign changed. It would be deeply dissapointing if you did'nt given the considerable help you where given by Jason to get it going.
If your not just say.. thats ok.
-
#390 Reply
Posted by
IconicPCB
on 24 Jan, 2017 21:35
-
Give the bloke a chance...
-
#391 Reply
Posted by
Gary.M
on 24 Jan, 2017 21:38
-
There is new software for the TVM920 - 1.27 available from Qihe.
I can send it to you, or ask Qihe . Best to ask them so you stay on contact
TVM920 driver for OpenPNP is complete. (has been fr a while)
Are you going to release this code like you promised or has somethign changed. It would be deeply dissapointing if you did'nt given the considerable help you where given by Jason to get it going.
If your not just say.. thats ok.
Mrpackethead you're a sh*t stirrer and its getting tiresome.
Sent from my x600 using Tapatalk
-
-
Thanks Glen, for pointing me to the Source etc.. Much appreicated.
-
-
-
-
I got TV920, the guys did not ask and I forgot to specify, but they sent me 220V machine. Could've guessed that I need 110V...
Anyway, did anybody have to deal with switching the voltage? The China is now on holidays, unfortunately.
-
-
Ok the machine has 3 24V power supplies inside, each having a 220/110 switch, so that's solved.
I looked at the feeder ports, and it looks like those green o-rings are going to be destroyed fast. I tried plugging one or two feeders, and afterwards I already see some material being stripped from the o-rings. What's going on? Several of the ports that I did not touch also have some o-ring debris in them.
I found 2 loose screws in the machine
-
-
so far cameras don't show up, neither in the device manager or in the QIHE s/w.
-
#397 Reply
Posted by
dtf
on 02 Feb, 2017 04:11
-
got my stuff tuned to the point where I can place 0402 at 100% speed, most of the setup time was z-height and nozzle-to-camera calibration. this is with juki 502 nozzle.
-
#398 Reply
Posted by
thommo
on 02 Feb, 2017 06:25
-
Nice work DTF - Congrats!
How reliable are you finding it with those 0402s?
What Paste Printer / Oven combo are you using again?
Pete
-
#399 Reply
Posted by
dtf
on 02 Feb, 2017 07:24
-
placement has been very reliable, this is of #1 importance and the reason why I was running the machine slower. There's still some adjustments to make with vision, nozzle-to-camera offsets, and PCB fiducial settings (qihe needs to add more fiducial-based PCBs to its system, 5 is not enough), and the wooden stand I built needs to be replaced with a heavier metal stand to prevent vibration. Currently, pick/place delay, and before/after vision delay, are set quite high, to account for vibration and rocking due to the flimsy wood stand it's on.