Author Topic: overcomplicated wiring for guitar!  (Read 2258 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Deactivated-1Topic starter

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 276
  • Country: 00
overcomplicated wiring for guitar!
« on: October 10, 2019, 03:06:16 pm »
I am trying to make a circuit for a guitar that would be able to get every possible sound out of 3 "humbucker" pickups. it uses 3 4 pole 6-way rotary switches 3 volume controls that and tone control that is meant to be switchable from high pass to low pass. the tone control really seems that it would be a problem and hard to make it work and also would mixing a p90 pickup whit a humbucker work?
here is the public schematic for it: https://easyeda.com/evalc2636/all-config-pickups
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 03:04:17 pm by ELS122 »
 

Offline 001

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1170
  • Country: aq
Re: will this work?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 03:57:15 pm »
I am trying to make a circuit for a guitar that would be able to get every possible sound out of 3 "humbucker" pickups. it uses 3 4 pole 6-way rotary switches 3 volume controls that and tone control that is meant to be switchable from high pass to low pass. the tone control really seems that it would be a problem and hard to make it work and also would mixing a p90 pickup whit a humbucker work?
here is the public schematic for it: https://easyeda.com/evalc2636/all-config-pickups

Oh boy
All guitar guys I hear for last 40yrs were equipped with stock or duncan humbuckers since all additional wirings kills  sound ( signal/hum ratio is bad).
 

Offline Benta

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 7176
  • Country: de
Re: will this work?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 04:47:27 pm »
With all those switches, you won't have time to play the guitar.   :-DD

Personally, I found the Stratocaster switch brilliant (in both senses).

 

Offline SiliconWizard

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 17799
  • Country: fr
Re: will this work?
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 07:04:32 pm »
Why not, Brian May had guitars with many switches, so you're not first. ;D (He even has a shop now, so you can take a look: https://shop.brianmayguitars.co.uk/ )
 
The following users thanked this post: Bud, Gyro

Offline SiliconWizard

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 17799
  • Country: fr
Re: overcomplicated wiring for guitar!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 03:11:29 pm »
Use stacked pots.
 

Offline Bassman59

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2499
  • Country: us
  • Yes, I do this for a living
Re: overcomplicated wiring for guitar!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 05:25:35 pm »
ok so I found some stacked push-pull type pots on amazon so I'll probably be okay whit that!

Stewart-MacDonald has a selection of push-pull (and other) pots.

Probably pricier than Amazon but they offer excellent customer service.
 

Offline Bassman59

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2499
  • Country: us
  • Yes, I do this for a living
Re: overcomplicated wiring for guitar!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 05:02:42 pm »
So would this tone circuit work for what I'm building?

What are you trying to achieve, exactly? I find I just leave my tone controls wide open (no roll-off) and I switch to the neck pickup for a darker sound.
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->