Author Topic: Broken IC on old Pentium 2 motherboard  (Read 1791 times)

Online magic

• Super Contributor
Re: Broken IC on old Pentium 2 motherboard
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2019, 11:23:31 pm »
Probably won't work unless you can also underclock the CPU with jumpers but what the heck, better than waiting a month :P

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2019, 12:57:28 am »
Yeah i cannot believe it! Thanks for the info. And again, thank you for all your input and knowledge about this. Will keep you posted when the HIP6004CB (What i think is the right  :-DD) Found a seller on ebay in china.

"1PCS HIP6004BCB HIP6004BCB-T SOP20 SMD Buck and Synchronous-Rectifier PWM
 $3.28 or Best Offer FREE Economy International Shipping" one also looks good

Probably will have to wait over a month again. Seem to be impossible to get hold of these in Europe?

20 year old highly time period specific (relevant for only ~3-4 years) chip, I would look for Slot1/socket370 motherboards with compatible chip at the scrap/local classifieds, or hotwire $3 "100W" chinese DC-DC module
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Offline pcmad

• Contributor
    • module web design
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2019, 01:31:13 am »
i got lot of old  Pentium 2 motherboard if you need parts pm me

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2019, 01:43:44 am »
Waiting a month doesn't seem so bad if it means getting exactly the correct part you need to fix your board.

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2019, 02:42:27 am »
I have run a 733MHz P3 underclocked to 533MHz on 1.25V (normal core voltage about 1.8V) for a pfSense router in order to reduce heat and power consumption, worked flawlessly for years until it was replaced with a newer system. (Quite a few pfSense builders back in the day did similar stuff, although undervolting was not very common.)
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Offline spilihps

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2019, 08:27:14 am »
Yeah i cannot believe it! Thanks for the info. And again, thank you for all your input and knowledge about this. Will keep you posted when the HIP6004CB (What i think is the right  :-DD) Found a seller on ebay in china.

"1PCS HIP6004BCB HIP6004BCB-T SOP20 SMD Buck and Synchronous-Rectifier PWM
 $3.28 or Best Offer FREE Economy International Shipping" one also looks good

Probably will have to wait over a month again. Seem to be impossible to get hold of these in Europe?

20 year old highly time period specific (relevant for only ~3-4 years) chip, I would look for Slot1/socket370 motherboards with compatible chip at the scrap/local classifieds, or hotwire $3 "100W" chinese DC-DC module

Yeah, that will also work. But i ordered "5PCS HIP6004CB Encapsulation:SOP" instead. Do have the exact (atleast in the title) as in the datasheet we used.

Waiting a month doesn't seem so bad if it means getting exactly the correct part you need to fix your board.

Yes you are right! And hopefully it will be the right part this time  :-DD

I have run a 733MHz P3 underclocked to 533MHz on 1.25V (normal core voltage about 1.8V) for a pfSense router in order to reduce heat and power consumption, worked flawlessly for years until it was replaced with a newer system. (Quite a few pfSense builders back in the day did similar stuff, although undervolting was not very common.)

Thats cool, thanks for the input. Although tempting, i will just have to wait :-//

Probably won't work unless you can also underclock the CPU with jumpers but what the heck, better than waiting a month :P

Haha yes!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf