Author Topic: Yokogawa DL5140 & DL5180 manuals  (Read 1659 times)

Offline ArcticTopic starter

Yokogawa DL5140 & DL5180 manuals
« on: September 16, 2016, 11:54:53 pm »
Hello,
I am new here and a newbie in electronics.
I recently bought from ebay an old Yokogawa DL5180 digital oscilloscope (specs) with broken display (Sharp LQ9D011K). It came with 2 FET (700943) probes for 200€ (130€ + 70€ shipping). Its not in good shape but its working (with an external monitor via VGA).
I really tried to find any manual online ( I checked almost all sites with manuals that are posted in an eevblog thread) but I didn't find any (not even the user manual). I did send some emails to many Yokogawa offices (in Europe) too but I didn't get any answer.

Could you help me to find it, may someone have a model from DL51XX series?

Thanks a lot,
Sotiris

PS: A very bad thing is that its a 8ch oscilloscope but it use a very strange Jack and not the usual bnc (to connect a simple probe you need adaptor -700946)
PS' : I am sorry for my bad english :?

Offline dzseki

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Yokogawa DL5140 & DL5180 manuals
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 07:02:23 am »
For that price it seems to be a nice score.
Yokogawa never released "normal"  service manuals, at least not recently. Even if you'd find the manual it will full with vague information, without any really usable circuit details, the replacement parts list  consist of the 5-6 board's partnumber that is inside and that's it. The most usable information is how to disassemble the unit, but you'd find out that sonner or later anyway.
So the question is if the display is phisically broken or it just does not work?, If it is phisically OK, then check the LCD with a flashlight maybe only the backlight went wrong.
Otherwise you can find different small LCD panels on ebay, which may fit insted the original display, and in worst case you fed thet from the VGA output of the scope...
HP 1720A scope with HP 1120A probe, EMG 12563 pulse generator, EMG 1257 function generator, EMG 1172B signal generator, MEV TR-1660C bench multimeter

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf