Author Topic: Dyson v7 Trigger cordless vacuum - TEARDOWN of battery pack  (Read 109938 times)

Offline Manuel Wald

Re: Dyson v7 Trigger cordless vacuum - TEARDOWN of battery pack
« Reply #225 on: November 09, 2023, 12:07:05 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for your answer, unfortunately I can't find an IIC in the program, do you have a screenshot for me, thank you.

Offline tinfever

• Regular Contributor
  • I like to make life harder for myself
« Reply #226 on: November 09, 2023, 05:24:29 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for your answer, unfortunately I can't find an IIC in the program, do you have a screenshot for me, thank you.

By IIRC I just meant "If I recall correctly".

There is more info here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/dyson-v7-trigger-cordless-vacuum-teardown-of-battery-pack/msg4016680/#msg4016680

Make sure you are using the old PicKit3 programmer software as mentioned and that you uncheck the "Program Memory - Enabled" checkbox.

Offline NeilP

• Contributor
« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2023, 06:25:06 pm »
I have posted a new topic on these..not sure if a new topic or tagging on here or another post was the best thing to do ..so opted for a new post.

If any of you ladies and gents have the time , I'd appreciate any input om this

Thank you

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/beginner-dyson-battery-question-sv03-sv05

Offline gold oxide

« Reply #228 on: November 16, 2023, 05:46:44 am »
I have one of those batteries (Dyson V6, SV3) here. A friend of mine had  already removed the case and pulled the switch from the spring contraption weeks prior (not knowing this will permanently pull the trigger). So the pack to my understanding kept the µC awake and switched the mosfet without a load until it went into undervoltage shutdown or some kind of timeout failure mode.

Cells were around 3.45V each when I got it. No LED, no response to the switch or plugging charger. Charged it in series with a bench PSU to 25V and still no reaction at all.

I reset it by removing the (-) tab from the pack and it went into red blink lockout. Just for posterity: Is there any other way to recover the battery from the completely non responisve state without triggering lockout?

Great work on that firmware tinfever, will have to get a PicKit and give it a try.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 01:41:04 pm by gold oxide »

Offline Manuel Wald

« Reply #229 on: November 16, 2023, 11:01:09 am »
Thanks for the reply,
I found the checkmark and it works!!! :popcorn:

Now I have two more batteries that I would like to bring to life:

Type SV10 from Dyson V8 vacuum cleaner with 20700 cells, BMS 180207-02/04

When I press the button and apply the magent to the reed switch, the battery flashes blue, approx. 3-5 times.
I then measured all the cells, 3.8-3.9 V, I then connected my balance charger directly to the cells and charged the battery to 4.2 V.
All cells checked with a measuring device, from 4.17-4.2V, internal resistance 25 mOhm. :bullshit:
Flashing blue light still remains... |O

Do you have any tips on how I should proceed?
Please provide feedback, thank you.

Offline tinfever

• Regular Contributor
  • I like to make life harder for myself
« Reply #230 on: November 16, 2023, 04:58:04 pm »
I have one of those batteries (Dyson V6, SV3) here. A friend of mine had  already removed the case and pulled the switch from the spring contraption weeks prior (not knowing this will permanently pull the trigger). So the pack to my understanding kept the µC awake and switched the mosfet without a load until it went into undervoltage shutdown or some kind of timeout failure mode.

Cells were around 3.45V each when I got it. No LED, no response to the switch or plugging charger. Charged it in series with a bench PSU to 25V and still no reaction at all.

I reset it by removing the (-) tab from the pack and it went into red blink lockout. Just for posterity: Is there any other way to recover the battery from the completely non responisve state without triggering lockout?

Great work on that firmware tinfever, will have to get a PicKit and give it a try.

Usually connecting the charger like you did should do something. I can't recall if I've seen one that's completely unresponsive before. I would have suggested charging up all of the cells directly to a safe range, because it's possible that the BMS won't wake up at all if the cells are too low, but it sounds like you already tried that to.

Thanks for the reply,
I found the checkmark and it works!!! :popcorn:

Now I have two more batteries that I would like to bring to life:

Type SV10 from Dyson V8 vacuum cleaner with 20700 cells, BMS 180207-02/04

When I press the button and apply the magent to the reed switch, the battery flashes blue, approx. 3-5 times.
I then measured all the cells, 3.8-3.9 V, I then connected my balance charger directly to the cells and charged the battery to 4.2 V.
All cells checked with a measuring device, from 4.17-4.2V, internal resistance 25 mOhm. :bullshit:
Flashing blue light still remains... |O

Do you have any tips on how I should proceed?
Please provide feedback, thank you.

I'm not sure about this one. Have you connected the normal charger? If the BMS sees the cell voltages get too low, it can do a normal low battery lockout until the charger is plugged in, even if just for a second.

Offline NeilP

• Contributor
« Reply #231 on: April 02, 2024, 08:16:25 am »
I too have the same 180207 -01-04 battery SV10 from a V8

Pin out from one of the video I watched, compared to the lead I made for doing my V6 BMS, seems to indicate the wiring order is different. But it is going to require some much much more careful Pause /Play / Pause /screen zoom mouse action of the YouTube video to get the wiring correct

The attached pics are what I have so far which I think are good to go… but…
If anyone has a definite wiring of PicKit pins to the header on the 180207-01-04 BMS it would be appreciated

https://youtu.be/ENY8xcczowk?si=feZlTp8F8Rj3eixi

Offline NeilP

• Contributor
« Reply #232 on: April 02, 2024, 09:22:11 am »
OK, I got out of bed and fired up the computer and did the deed.  far easier on computer screen!

Confirmed that with the help of a diagram I found , that it is the same wiring as the V6 BMS pinout and flashing back the 00 and 7F to those two locations does re set the 180207 - 01- 04 battery

Since it is now workmen and i only have the one battery , I will not be trying the firmware flash.  But I am happy to do a read of the data , and upload here if it is of use.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf