Author Topic: Looking for a faster frame rate camera  (Read 10238 times)

Offline joeqsmithTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Looking for a faster frame rate camera
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2016, 05:21:00 am »
Have you seen the Sony RX100 IV ?
It is probably the best consumer high speed camera (and all around compact camera) at the moment: it shoots 1000 frames per second in FullHD!
It costs 1000$ though.

Greetings

I finally pulled the trigger on one and ended up with the Sony.  The camera can only record for a few seconds so I think I need to modify my transient generator to output a trigger pulse for the camera.  The camera seems to support something like this but I can't find very much information on it.   

Lighting even at the higher speeds does not seem to be much of a problem.  I tried it with some arcs and it does pretty good.   Looking forward to seeing some slow motion destruction....

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2016, 05:46:45 am »
So are we   :D

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2016, 06:20:12 am »
Meh, keep up with the times, you need a 1 Trillion FPS that can capture light traveling:

More info:
http://video.mit.edu/watch/visualizing-video-at-the-speed-of-light-one-trillion-frames-per-second-9742/

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2016, 11:52:46 am »
for the noobs start, you may like
http://www.wired.com/2014/07/phantom-v2511-camera/
not that expensive just $100K. its still struggling capturing crack propagation on glass, let alone corona formation... like so
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf