Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 682880 times)

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
Re: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations
« Reply #2700 on: March 30, 2022, 12:57:41 pm »
Will update the readme in a while.
T12-958 has been tested working (after replacing the mm32 with a stm32), and the t12-959 needs to be added to the non-compatible list.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline yelkvi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2701 on: March 30, 2022, 03:04:36 pm »
I use two types of soldering iron handles - T12 and C245. The T12 has a vibration sensor. And so I chose Shake from the menu. In C245 I use Stand mode. For some reason, when switching profiles T21 <> C245, these settings do not switch (they remain the same). I have to manually edit every time I change the handle.
But the NTC setting switches when changing the profile (there is no NTC in the C245, but there is in the T12).
Is it a firmware feature?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2702 on: March 30, 2022, 05:05:58 pm »
Options inside IRON menu are profile-specific,  SYSTEM's are global.
I modified these options to be profile-specific and moved to IRON menu.
New builds available, test them.

Note down your calibrations before updating, the settings structure has changed, so everything will be deleted!

BTW, these settings are still running great with the same tips, untouched for months, I barely have any overshooting, while still getting decent heating speed.
Test them, and if it improves the response for most users, I'll set them as default.
It's annoying because Aliexpress tips performance degrade a lot within few months, new tips might be able to run much stronger PID settings than old tips.
Code: (TIP SETTINGS) [Select]
Kp 44.50
Ki 120.00
Kd 10.00
Imax 0.75
Imin 0.00
Code: (FILTERING) [Select]
Filter 75%
Threshold 50
Count limit 0
Step down -3%
Min 50%
Reset limit 600
50%
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 05:28:38 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

The following users thanked this post: ricktendo

Offline yelkvi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2703 on: March 30, 2022, 05:13:06 pm »
Thanks. I'll try tomorrow. The soldering iron is at work, and I'm already at home. :)

Offline ygi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2704 on: March 30, 2022, 09:50:08 pm »
Installed on my v1.5 with the proposed filter settings. I can't say I did much testing but at the very least it works, it melts solder and nothing's on fire... Standby and wake from shake both appear to be working as intended.
I don't notice much difference in terms of heating speed from the new filter settings, granted I didn't time it. Overshoot seems to be non existent, though it was already fine with the old settings.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2705 on: March 30, 2022, 10:36:19 pm »
There are no big changes, just wake mode / shake filter / stand mode are profile-specific now, nothing else.
I didn't have a lot of time to debug but everything seemed to be working correctly.

The default pid/filtering were ok when my tips were newer, but as they aged and the thermal transfer worsened, they started to overshoot more and more until I adjusted them again, and stayed perfect since then.

The filtering had to be strong due some very noisy ksgers, the threshold was later added for that, extreme filtering is not the best option as it causes poor response.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 10:43:18 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline yelkvi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2706 on: March 31, 2022, 10:10:01 am »
March 30 version - everything is fine. Now it is convenient to change T12<>C245 profiles.
I changed the settings, as David advised above - it soldered well. I can not compare with the previous settings, since I have been using this firmware recently. The experience is small in comparison.

Offline yelkvi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2707 on: March 31, 2022, 01:39:08 pm »
I have some free STM32F303CBT6 chips.
Will they work in this soldering station instead of stm32f103?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2708 on: March 31, 2022, 01:45:55 pm »
I don't think so, STM32F1/F2/F3/F4... are different in architecture, it would require modifying the firmware.
In any case, it would be a waste, these mcus are a lot more powerful and even the slower 36MHz ksger are already fast enough.

Offline yelkvi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2709 on: March 31, 2022, 01:48:27 pm »
Thanks for the answer. It's just that there are unused chips - I wanted to put them to good use somewhere. :)

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2710 on: March 31, 2022, 05:57:29 pm »
do i need to check new fw build or localization is ok?

Offline yelkvi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2711 on: March 31, 2022, 07:03:43 pm »

Nothing has changed in localization. David moved one menu item from global to iron:

"There are no big changes, just wake mode / shake filter / stand mode are profile-specific now, nothing else."

Now when changing the profile ( T12-C245-C210 ) the wake-up method is also switched

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2712 on: March 31, 2022, 07:58:52 pm »

Nothing has changed in localization. David moved one menu item from global to iron:

"There are no big changes, just wake mode / shake filter / stand mode are profile-specific now, nothing else."

Now when changing the profile ( T12-C245-C210 ) the wake-up method is also switched
spasibo

also i still dont get why it should be changed since u can easily modify t12 to use stand switch.  :-/O

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
Re: CFW for STM32 OLED Digital Soldering Station with T12 Handle
« Reply #2713 on: March 31, 2022, 08:08:52 pm »
Ksger v3/v3.1 users, what's you screen offset? Unmodified stations (Original screens) only!

Ricktendo, check this... it seems there might be that subtle difference between v3 and v3.1?

Hello. I flashed my board with version [v3.1] / [64pin] / STM32F103RB. Got artifacts on display, vertical bar on the left.
Go to settings, system and adjust offset to 0.

v3 offset is 2.

I recently purchased a KSGER OLED-v3.0 (printed on the board) and I would like to report the correct offset for me is 0 (zero,) can anybody else with a similar board confirm this, if so please set the default offset to zero.

also i still dont get why it should be changed since u can easily modify t12 to use stand switch.  :-/O

Well, the fact that we aren't using that option, doesn't mean it isn't useful for someone else.
It's ok!  :-+
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 08:14:51 pm by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: ricktendo

Offline trisonic

• Contributor
« Reply #2714 on: March 31, 2022, 08:57:54 pm »
I finally got my t12-955!
I was able to flash the custom firmware but couldn't figure out how to change the tip.
It's stuck on B3 (if I remember correctly)....

I clicked and rotated clockwise but the other tips don't come up. Is there a tips presets?

Thanks!
Arduino, MODs e DIY: blackstufflabs.com

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2715 on: March 31, 2022, 09:10:59 pm »
If I added 20 tips, all would be uncalibrated, so instead, only one tip is provided.
New tips copy the calibration values from the first tip in the system.
Calibrate that BC3 (you can rename it), after that newly added tips will be pretty close to the target temperatures, not requiring calibration in most cases.
Creating a new tip takes 15 seconds, enter EDIT TIPS/ADD NEW...
Once added you will be able to switch them.

There're no presets because almost nobody reported calibration results when I asked.
And I'm not going to buy every Ksger controller, dozens of tips and spend hours calibrating for the sake of lazy people... :D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 09:51:07 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline trisonic

• Contributor
« Reply #2716 on: March 31, 2022, 09:17:51 pm »
If I added 20 tips, all would be uncalibrated, so instead, only one tip is provided.
New tips copy the calibration values from the first tip the system.
Calibrate that BC3 (you can rename it), after that newly added tips will be pretty close to the target temperatures, not requiring calibration in most cases.

ah ok! now it's clear to me.
So I can copy the same values of the BC3 and calibrate the D24 with those values?

Since this is my first soldering station with T12 tips, I thought each tip had different physical parameters from each other type.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2717 on: March 31, 2022, 09:52:42 pm »
You don't need to manually copy the values, you can either copy the tip (In the tip settings menu) or just create a new one, the values will be copied automatically from the first one.

But here's the thing, you might buy few D24s, each one from a different seller, and get huge variations in the performance/calibration between them.

So there's no sense on doing any presets, because even the tips have huge differences.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 09:59:43 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline trisonic

• Contributor
« Reply #2718 on: April 01, 2022, 08:13:33 am »
So there's no sense on doing any presets, because even the tips have huge differences.

ok, now i understand, it makes sense

There're no presets because almost nobody reported calibration results when I asked.

So far I've only calibrated my D24 which is my absolute favorite tip!
If it makes sense I can share my values with you... but from the quote above I understand it doesn't make much sense :)

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2719 on: April 01, 2022, 09:45:54 am »
I would need quite a lot of feedback to make a decent preset. If 20 ksger v3 give 3500-3700, that's close enough to say 3600 is safe to use.
But last time I tried, got 3-4 reports, very different from each other, so I just set a pretty low value to make it safer ::)

Offline ygi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2720 on: April 01, 2022, 12:04:56 pm »
First time I tried to calibrate a tip running stock firmware, I ended up with a bright red glowing stick. Scary stuff.
You just can't make universal presets, there's too much variation between board and tip brands. Not to mention Chinese brands can't even make two identical tips that behave the same way.

Offline Polf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2721 on: April 01, 2022, 03:22:09 pm »
The new firmware version is very good. However, the PID for the JBC tips had to be changed because the stability of the temperature stabilization was greatly degraded.
Temperature fluctuations are very large.
To make them smaller, I had to set the parameters:
Kp=30
Ki=15
Kd=45

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2722 on: April 01, 2022, 06:06:02 pm »
The new firmware has no changes in anything related to performance or calibration!
Restoring your older calibration should perform exactly the same.
Have you tried the settings I posted few messages earlier?

Offline Polf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2723 on: April 01, 2022, 07:11:05 pm »
Yes, I tried your settings (PID + Filter), although I wasn't sure if they were for JBC C245. With these settings, the temperature of the soldering iron does not stabilize and swings like a pendulum. Previously, you also gave similar settings, but they gave the same result. I have iron according to the KSGER 2.1S scheme.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2724 on: April 02, 2022, 12:55:02 am »
C245 has much faster response, those are for T12!
I don't have C245...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf