Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 684717 times)

Offline cosmin1

• Regular Contributor
Re: CFW for STM32 OLED Digital Soldering Station with T12 Handle
« Reply #400 on: December 08, 2020, 04:10:32 pm »
Sorry, i didn't... I had no idea it can be done. :(
But i couldn't read the old fw. It was protected.

So what do you advise me? Should i replace the MCU with F101 and will work exactly as the other one?
Does anyone have that 3.1s fw from this forum? It's no longer available, i want to test it on this MCU. https://www.radiokot.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?uid=124906&f=2&t=169984&start=0

Or if you have any fw to test, i would be happy to do it.
These from here are not working for this board: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1O8wgvWNmMEFCBCkaGRfy-erHNlp1qiX6
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 05:32:36 pm by cosmin1 »

Offline dreamcat4

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #401 on: December 08, 2020, 04:27:27 pm »
no problem, is ok  :-+

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #402 on: December 08, 2020, 05:40:21 pm »
Flash it right away with the 101 fw. It will probably work!

Definitely my C245s are weird.
They have the same output as a T12!
The solder melts exactly at 220°C.
The temp sensor didn't arrive yet.
Definitely the tips are total garage.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 05:50:02 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline cosmin1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #403 on: December 08, 2020, 06:04:55 pm »
Flash it right away with the 101 fw. It will probably work!
No, it does not work. That was the first move.
Only a short quirtz from buzzer.

LE: Meanwhile i'm sort of beta tester for the v3.1S firmware and the board is alive again.  ;D
Pretty nice menu, except the image is a few pixels right shifted.
I suppose we can't do anything about it, if we don't have the source code... or?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 05:19:46 am by cosmin1 »

The following users thanked this post: bhishmar

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #404 on: December 09, 2020, 08:13:46 am »

LE: Meanwhile i'm sort of beta tester for the v3.1S firmware and the board is alive again.  ;D
Pretty nice menu, except the image is a few pixels right shifted.
I suppose we can't do anything about it, if we don't have the source code... or?

Is that firmware you are using this one?

One problem solved.
Tested all fw available from russians and one perfectly matches my board (T12_HW20_Encryption_OLED13) and is very bright with unmodified display. Just needed to generate the RG1/RG2 keys and that's it.

As I already know the cause of that screen issue (The PTDreamer firmware already had a patch for it) I disassembled the firmware you uploaded and quickly found the Oled initialization routines:

Now, I'll try to find the Row addressing routine and patch it. I don't know if the firmware has a checksum or not, but we'll try anyway!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 08:52:12 am by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

The following users thanked this post: cosmin1

Offline cosmin1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #405 on: December 09, 2020, 08:55:30 am »
The v3.1S firmware matches to the black board v3.0 with F103 MCU. Pictures above are from this 3.1S fw. This one is shifted.
The firmware 2.0 attached above matches to the black board with F101MCU and is ok, no need to shift.

I found out what is with the shifted image. Firmware is made for SH1106 display driver (132x64 pixels) and the board uses a SSD1306 based display. So replacing the SSD1306 based display with a SH1106 based display will solve the issue.
This type of problem appears only on boards with different display, as the most of them uses the SH1106 driver.

If you can patch the fw i attached, i will change the displays between boards and i solved the problem.
David, you have a PM, maybe you could help me out with other issue.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 09:51:18 am by cosmin1 »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #406 on: December 09, 2020, 10:30:20 am »
The difference with the two is just a little offset, what you see in the display. Nothing less.
Try the attached BIN! I replaced the instruction that added +2 to the offset with a nop.
My Black pill just arrived. It looks great, matte black mask, and ENIG(Golf) finish.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 10:44:30 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline totalnoob

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #407 on: December 09, 2020, 02:03:19 pm »
A bit off-topic, but how bad is an STC processor compared to an STM32?  Looks like Aliexpress has a ready-made controller board that is 3-way compatible with T12, JBC245 and JBC210 handles, but it's STC based:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001694683205.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.23292e0eGiFmm6

(I can't read Chinese, so most of the information in the photos on the page is unreadable to me.)

I also saw one that is similar to the KSGER T-12 units, but is built for use around a JBC245 handle and also uses the STC processor (though they do not have photos of the interior to see if they use the same controller as linked above).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001633176163.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.56c72e0exOf1vr

Compared to the Jabe's, the BEST's, the Toor's, etc. this appears to be the cheapest JBC245 compatible soldering station (I won't say "copy" since the Jabe and BEST units are copies with some slight changes).

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #408 on: December 09, 2020, 02:49:09 pm »
A mcu itself is not "bad".
What makes them bad is the crappy firmware they have.
The stc might be  actually better, who knows.
Other thing is the availability of documentation and development tools. I think there was an alternative firmware for these...but don't expect much interest from anyone.

Offline cosmin1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #409 on: December 09, 2020, 04:46:10 pm »
Try the attached BIN! I replaced the instruction that added +2 to the offset with a nop.
Not working at all.

What could be causing this behavior? Opamp? It does like that with any firmware.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 06:20:31 pm by cosmin1 »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #410 on: December 09, 2020, 06:26:51 pm »
What  does the patched fw do? nothing? Dead?

That behaviour is normal because you have nothing connected. The program is badly done and shopuld have a small delay to avoid that bouncing.

Offline cosmin1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #411 on: December 09, 2020, 07:00:42 pm »
What  does the patched fw do? nothing? Dead?
Absolutely nothing. Not even a buzzer chirp.

About the behavior... same fw on other board shows only ERROR message if no tip is connected. Just this board have this issue. Anyway, it's not very important. I'm happy it works.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 08:35:49 pm by cosmin1 »

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #412 on: December 09, 2020, 10:11:58 pm »
It's just the thermocouple op-amp input floating and picking up hum and noise. There should be a 1MEG pullup to prevent this.

Offline Bozog

• Contributor
« Reply #413 on: December 09, 2020, 10:15:29 pm »
Finally got a repurposed blue pill to connect to the quicko t12, and flashed your firmware davidalfa, after spending hours and hours with a cheap chinese st-link/v2.

Real nice job you have done, so much smoother and easier to navigate than the ofw.

Does have a slight issue tho, not sure what is going on here?!

Offline cosmin1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #414 on: December 10, 2020, 07:47:04 am »
It's just the thermocouple op-amp input floating and picking up hum and noise. There should be a 1MEG pullup to prevent this.
Solved!
1Mohm resistor from op-amp pin3 to +3V and all ok.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #415 on: December 10, 2020, 12:12:39 pm »
Finally got a repurposed blue pill to connect to the quicko t12, and flashed your firmware davidalfa, after spending hours and hours with a cheap chinese st-link/v2.
Real nice job you have done, so much smoother and easier to navigate than the ofw.
Does have a slight issue tho, not sure what is going on here?!
Do you mean the oscillation? This is still very beta! Lots of adjustments still needed to be released. But that's exactly what we need, people trying and reporting.
Edit: I didn't saw that it almost went to zero. Start with the ADC delay, that it's no PID issue.
But the fact that it goes over 300ºC and still applies power, yes, it's  the PID. It should stop more closely to the setpoint.

Try few things:

1:
Go into PWM menu and increase the ADC delay. It's set to 100uS by default, but I've found that it's not enough.
Last time I tested I got nice results at ~300uS. Set it to max (900uS). And if it stops doing that, try lower settings, 100uS at a time.
This is because the tips might cause some inductive spikes when switched off, and it will vary between tips.
If the ADC reads too soon, it will catch the spike and think the temp is either too high or too low.

See these wafeforms:

(Taken from https://github.com/wagiminator/ATmega-Soldering-Station)

2:
Open /core/Inc/setup.h and edit the FILTER_N value.
Higher than 4 will cause a high of undershoot in the filter output, so when the filter output reaches the setpoint temp, the real temp already went way higher.
I have set it to 3, it's a nice balance betwen filtering and delay.
You can set it to 2 or 1, it will have less filtering, but smaller delay.
Or you can totally disable the filtering and use only the average of the last reading by commenting USE_FILTER.

If it still oscillates then it's a tip or PID problem.

3:
It still has PID values from the PTDdreamer fw. Try the different tips included.
Or try this:
PID menu:
Kp : 40
Ki : 1
Kd: 6

Might someone help with the PID tuning?
I usually set all to 0, rise the Kp until the temp is close, put 1-3 in Ki, and increase Kd until it stops oscillating. But it's totally empiric.

4:
Might be a bad thermal conductivity, so when the heater is stopped, there's already plenty of heat traveling till the tip sensor.
Try differents tips. From 6,I had 2 with issues.
Else they didnd't reach the temperature, or went crazy up and down like there was no tomorrow.

You'll have to play a lot with these options!
Post here your findings and I'll add the cal values to the fw. I no longer have T12 tips!

And, stay tuned, I have to push some important changes, as I had some lock outs and I hadn't planned any actions for them.
In my case I didn't  had any problem, but in the worst case it might freeze with a high PWM setting and burn the tip.
So I've added the PWM emergency shutdown I already had in case of Hard Fault, on that part. Also added on-screen debugging showing the file and line where the problem came from.
(You must build in debug mode to show this information)
But it didn't fail again so I don't know yet what is it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 07:29:17 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline Bozog

• Contributor
« Reply #416 on: December 10, 2020, 02:24:35 pm »
Yeah it doesn't seem like a pid tuning issue, the temperature seems to randomly jump +25°c and the output shuts off 0% and stays 0% until way under the setpoint, then the temperature jumps to 45°c briefly and it springs back to life.

Didn't get much of a chance to play with the settings last night, but I will have another go with it tonight and report back.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #417 on: December 10, 2020, 03:23:01 pm »
Last safety actions done, I hope you don't burn your tips!
Build bin added to the repo. Somehow I had added it to the ignored files.
Sorry for that!

What do you think of the font? I tried lots of them, it's hard to find one that reads nicely in a such low res display...
Edit: Yep, it was better before. Reverted the font.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 07:18:52 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline Bozog

• Contributor
« Reply #418 on: December 10, 2020, 03:40:09 pm »
I'll give the update a go later, tbh I quite liked the font as it was in my video, but anything is better than that horrible font the chinese seem to use for everything  ;)

Offline cosmin1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #419 on: December 10, 2020, 07:47:50 pm »
Solved!

It was not a good idea. I connected the tip and now have the following problems:
- tip is heating but temperature is not shown.
- at first time the ERROR message keept appearing on display even with tip connected. After few seconds, INVERT message appear and 3 beeps.
- LED from the back of the board not working
- now i see the tip is almost glowing, working continuosly.

Op-amp dead?  :(
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 07:50:12 pm by cosmin1 »

Offline chollm

« Reply #420 on: December 10, 2020, 08:44:27 pm »
Hello dreamcat4, I've been trying to view this repository, https://github.com/dreamcat4/t12-t245-controllers-docs/tree/master/controllers/stm32-t12-oled

but it seems corrupt. I can't see the diagrams. Please can you fix it, it's very helpful.

Thank you.

Offline dreamcat4

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #421 on: December 10, 2020, 09:15:59 pm »
My friend, unfortunately after uploading many files, github (well, microsoft), decided that i had very quickly exceeded the highly insufficient git lfs bandwidth quota, on my free account.

It was not know that there was such restriction at the time of uploading the data. But it seems more people keeps coming to view it.

What you can do instead is simply download the whole repository. Then open the files locally on your computer. And that should work instead.

Ideally I would like to fix this problem, however the alternate service fast.io which was planning to move to... it's also taken itself private recently. And in a similar fashion. They change the terms.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Offline chollm

« Reply #422 on: December 10, 2020, 10:18:39 pm »
What you can do instead is simply download the whole repository. Then open the files locally on your computer. And that should work instead.

It does not work, I did it but  "research" folder is only 8kb and  pictures are a few bytes corrupted.

Offline dreamcat4

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #423 on: December 10, 2020, 10:42:41 pm »
Code: [Select]
$ git clone https://github.com/dreamcat4/t12-t245-controllers-docs.git
Cloning into 't12-t245-controllers-docs'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 403, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (403/403), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (297/297), done.
remote: Total 403 (delta 140), reused 337 (delta 77), pack-reused 0
Receiving objects: 100% (403/403), 6.72 MiB | 5.32 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (140/140), done.
Downloading controllers/stm32-t12-oled/combo/Combo_HW101_ENC.hex.jpg (131 KB)
Error downloading object: controllers/stm32-t12-oled/combo/Combo_HW101_ENC.hex.jpg (1669d3b): Smudge error: Error downloading controllers/stm32-t12-oled/combo/Combo_HW101_ENC.hex.jpg (1669d3b3e05613720eef3388bd746ef9f82c98592306c7e624c5d14721d87739): batch response: This repository is over its data quota. Account responsible for LFS bandwidth should purchase more data packs to restore access.

Errors logged to /home/id/t12-t245-controllers-docs/.git/lfs/logs/20201210T223806.946697699.log
Use `git lfs logs last` to view the log.
error: external filter 'git-lfs filter-process' failed
fatal: controllers/stm32-t12-oled/combo/Combo_HW101_ENC.hex.jpg: smudge filter lfs failed
warning: Clone succeeded, but checkout failed.
You can inspect what was checked out with 'git status'
and retry with 'git restore --source=HEAD :/'

ok... this means that i shall need to disable / remove all of the references to git lfs in the repo. Then re-upload it.

The operation is too complicated to do tonight, it will have to wait until tomorrow. I'll let you know when it"s done. Or you can press the button to watch the repository to get an email alert.

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #424 on: December 10, 2020, 11:14:41 pm »
Solved!

It was not a good idea. I connected the tip and now have the following problems:
- tip is heating but temperature is not shown.
- at first time the ERROR message keept appearing on display even with tip connected. After few seconds, INVERT message appear and 3 beeps.
- LED from the back of the board not working
- now i see the tip is almost glowing, working continuosly.

Op-amp dead?  :(

If the LED does not come on, then the LED or op-amp input is shorted, or there is an open-circuit.
Check your soldering of the resistor - 1MEG cannot damage anything here. The LED must come on when the heater mosfet is on. If you ever short the heater to GND the mosfet can get damaged and short. More in this thread on a failed mosfet or op-amp pg.2, some of the op-amps are low quality.

The thermocouple op-amp and mosfet are not protected against -ve voltage spikes in the KSGER designs. If you hot-swap handles or tips or hit it with ESD, or soldering to that pin ungrounded, it can damage the op-amp or mosfet. I add a fast-recovery diode across the heater (GX12 pin 5 to GND) to cover that.
I think the firmware should never put full heat on for over a minute say as that is an obvious fault condition.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf