Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 688805 times)

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
Re: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations
« Reply #4050 on: May 05, 2024, 05:31:29 am »
Very easy:
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline clytle374

• Contributor
« Reply #4051 on: May 05, 2024, 12:19:03 pm »
So getting close to testing my PCB before having them made.  I'll upload it to GitHub as soon as I find out how many mistakes I made and fix them.  Should have been done a month ago but got sidetracked building a reflow oven

Offline jesusthegoat

« Reply #4052 on: May 07, 2024, 02:46:32 pm »
To retain functionality on the T12, pin 2 and 5 would have to be bridged inside the GX12 connector correct?

The T245 handle I ordered is the AiXun version with the 3 wire core. the pinout is as follows:

Pin 1 - Blank
Pin 2 - Red
Pin 3 - Green
Pin 4 - Green
Pin 5 - Blue

Do I need to modify anything for it to work properly?

Another question: This version of the board doesn't have the parasitic resistor that drains the battery correct?

Offline oleg401169

• Contributor
« Reply #4053 on: May 07, 2024, 07:01:37 pm »
Hello, David! I am assembling a soldering station based on the ksger 3.1 topology with your firmware for an lcd display and am confused with connecting the display (I am attaching a diagram of the station and pinout of the display). The display is working - it worked perfectly on the Quicko station with an lcd display, but it used the cs pin, and in it is not used in this circuit. Thanks!

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4054 on: May 07, 2024, 07:17:03 pm »
If not used, connect CS to ground.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline oleg401169

• Contributor
« Reply #4055 on: May 08, 2024, 08:40:49 am »
I connected the contact to ground, but the image is not displayed, although when I install the Quicko LCD firmware and connect the contacts according to the diagram, the image is there

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4056 on: May 08, 2024, 02:23:05 pm »
Can't tell, maybe the LCD controller forcefully needs CS to work, I haven't tested.
Try this build, I enabled CS in pin PB12 (Solder a wire to it).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 02:29:50 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline oleg401169

• Contributor
« Reply #4057 on: May 08, 2024, 06:52:52 pm »
Thank you, I'll try. I also wanted to add about the behavior of the board - the image appears periodically (after several forced starts), but it behaves strangely - it is almost impossible to use the encoder (its connection is correct), that is, it can live its own life. I use the blue pill board and tried all your firmware for testing - only with Xger 3.0 it behaves like this, with the rest there are absolutely no problems.

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4058 on: May 08, 2024, 07:14:20 pm »
Maybe bad encoder? First report about this.
If you're talking about the LCD board - Probably is the LCD not being updated properly due the lack of CS.

Offline oleg401169

• Contributor
« Reply #4059 on: May 08, 2024, 07:23:07 pm »
The problem is not with the encoders, I tried them several times, this behavior is only on the board with this particular firmware, perhaps it’s due to the use of the bluepill board, but with other firmware everything is absolutely normal, everything works great.  I have two stations assembled on a bluepill board, both are on your latest firmware and work great.  I decided to build myself on a new platform.  I think everything will be resolved well.

Offline oleg401169

• Contributor
« Reply #4060 on: May 09, 2024, 08:02:27 am »
Your modified firmware worked - everything began to work perfectly. Perhaps the problems arose due to a non-standard assembly of the soldering station, in any case, the problem is solved. Thank you!

Offline clytle374

• Contributor
« Reply #4061 on: May 13, 2024, 08:07:54 am »
So it works.  Actually all bodge wires are my poor craftsmanship, and not design errors.  As soon as I get done testing and document it I'll upload it to GitHub. 

Offline spleenharvester

• Contributor
« Reply #4062 on: May 13, 2024, 01:21:56 pm »
Hi everyone,

I had a go at flashing this onto my newly purchased Quecoo T12-958, which was previously working. The only hardware modification I have made is to move the earth wire to the correct place as the tip was not earthed.

I followed the instructions and upon flashing, the controller went dead and never came back to life. No response to the encoder, no display, no buzzer. I can't find the original firmware .bin, and flashing the T12-955 .bin just results in a constant buzzer with no display, and flashing the Quicko T12 F103 .bin also results in a completely dead station, so the station is currently unusable.

It's got a genuine STM32F103 with 128kb memory. It also has an OLED display. I installed CubeIDE 1.12.1 and built the firmware using option 8 ('Quicko 103 OLED'), which completes successfully. I then flash SSD1306.bin using the 'Program verify' mode of the ST-LINK V2, which completes successfully (see attached).

I can't see what is going wrong here. Is it possible this is a new hardware revision that CFW does not support? I've attached a picture of my control board. If anyone has the original T12-958 firmware dump too I'd appreciate if you can share it!

The only thing that sticks out to me is that the built firmware file is 109kb, not 128kb like the original .bin files.

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 01:31:48 pm by spleenharvester »

Offline spleenharvester

• Contributor
« Reply #4063 on: May 13, 2024, 03:08:06 pm »
Hi everyone,

I had a go at flashing this onto my newly purchased Quecoo T12-958, which was previously working. The only hardware modification I have made is to move the earth wire to the correct place as the tip was not earthed.

I followed the instructions and upon flashing, the controller went dead and never came back to life. No response to the encoder, no display, no buzzer. I can't find the original firmware .bin, and flashing the T12-955 .bin just results in a constant buzzer with no display, and flashing the Quicko T12 F103 .bin also results in a completely dead station, so the station is currently unusable.

It's got a genuine STM32F103 with 128kb memory. It also has an OLED display. I installed CubeIDE 1.12.1 and built the firmware using option 8 ('Quicko 103 OLED'), which completes successfully. I then flash SSD1306.bin using the 'Program verify' mode of the ST-LINK V2, which completes successfully (see attached).

I can't see what is going wrong here. Is it possible this is a new hardware revision that CFW does not support? I've attached a picture of my control board. If anyone has the original T12-958 firmware dump too I'd appreciate if you can share it!

The only thing that sticks out to me is that the built firmware file is 109kb, not 128kb like the original .bin files.

Thank you in advance.

I've since tried KSGER v2 OLED and KSGER v3 OLED too, still no signs of life.

Also my screen is this 30-pin one, looks like it might be an MRA103‑1 or an SH1106? Haven't pulled it apart yet to check but the flex cable number matches: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Light-emitting-Resolution-Consumption-Transparent-Self-luminous/dp/B0BWY44292

I don't see that mentioned anywhere in the readme, it seems like all the ones listed are 7 pin or less?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 04:05:27 pm by spleenharvester »

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4064 on: May 13, 2024, 07:45:19 pm »
T12-958 uses KSGER v3 OLED (Not ST7565).
Might use a fake or clone, as stated in the readme:
Some issues caused by clones:

- Showing strange values in temperatures and voltage (ADC DMA issue), and/or getting NTC High/Low error even when NTC is disabled.
- Bootlooping / freezing / dying or going black after the initial setup screen (Uncompatible flash layout).
- Hardfault, Checksum Error bootloop.

Some fakes worked well until recently, when the flash storage layout was updated.
The older v1.10.8 release is more compatible with fake devices, try it out in case you suspect having one.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 07:50:21 pm by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: spleenharvester

Offline spleenharvester

• Contributor
« Reply #4065 on: May 13, 2024, 08:22:03 pm »
T12-958 uses KSGER v3 OLED (Not ST7565).
Might use a fake or clone, as stated in the readme:
Some issues caused by clones:

- Showing strange values in temperatures and voltage (ADC DMA issue), and/or getting NTC High/Low error even when NTC is disabled.
- Bootlooping / freezing / dying or going black after the initial setup screen (Uncompatible flash layout).
- Hardfault, Checksum Error bootloop.

Some fakes worked well until recently, when the flash storage layout was updated.
The older v1.10.8 release is more compatible with fake devices, try it out in case you suspect having one.

Cheers for the response,

I tried both KSGER v3 OLED and STM32F103 OLED from that link, station is still completely dead with both unfortunately.

It passes as real by the two tests - 0xE0042000 0x8 returns 20036410, and 0x1FFFF7E0 0x4 returns FFFF0080 (128kb). Can the chip still be fake despite this?

I've sent a message to Quicko/Quecoo asking if they can supply the stock firmware .bin, will upload if they come through with it

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4066 on: May 14, 2024, 04:02:32 am »
I've been checking the picture you posted, it seems an entirely new layout, totally different to the previous T12-958.

You have to trace out the signals, then I'll make a new board profile for it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 04:19:46 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline LILO

• Contributor
« Reply #4067 on: May 14, 2024, 04:49:30 am »
Hi!

Just got quecoo 958 with same new board. Would be great to run this firmware on it.

If you tell me how to trace the signals, what to check, I'll try.

Regards,
Andrey

Offline LILO

• Contributor
« Reply #4068 on: May 14, 2024, 07:10:54 am »
The only hardware modification I have made is to move the earth wire to the correct place as the tip was not earthed.
No need, actually. Just bridge G to - on either end of that cable.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 07:13:34 am by LILO »

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4069 on: May 14, 2024, 10:47:23 am »
 Everything need to be traced. Display, rotart encoder, buzzer,  ADC signals, wake input..,

Offline LILO

• Contributor
« Reply #4070 on: May 14, 2024, 11:05:47 am »
So, I take diagram for ksger v3 from previous page as starting point and check which signals go to which mcu pins, correct?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 11:07:41 am by LILO »

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4071 on: May 14, 2024, 01:31:45 pm »
Yes

Offline spleenharvester

• Contributor
« Reply #4072 on: May 14, 2024, 03:32:37 pm »
Thanks everyone, I did think it looked like a new board. I probably can't be of much help tracing the signals as I have a tremor in my hand, which makes touching those tiny STM pins very difficult! Quicko have told me they can supply the original firmware though so I will upload it if/when they send it across in case anyone else has accidentally bricked their station too.

E: I've started mapping everything out, am making good progress - I accidentally killed my station doing this so I'm not going to let its death be in vain haha
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 07:29:59 pm by spleenharvester »

Offline spleenharvester

• Contributor
« Reply #4073 on: May 14, 2024, 10:52:25 pm »
In case anyone else is tracing this board at the same time - I've attached what I've done so far - mostly done, just need to do the op amp circuit and a few other bits. It's my first time doing this (learning KiCad as I go along!) so take it with a pinch of salt.

[EDIT] Uploaded a more complete version, cleaned up with a few error corrections
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 12:47:11 am by spleenharvester »

Offline LILO

• Contributor
« Reply #4074 on: May 15, 2024, 04:27:35 am »
My findings so far
Pls excuse poor drawing )
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 06:52:06 am by LILO »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf