Electronics > RF, Microwave, Ham Radio

RF Test Automation

(1/3) > >>

vino:
Good Day Guys,
I would like to ask expert advices because I'm very interested in doing RF test automation. As a newbie I would like to know where should I start? Is there a step by step procedure that I need to follow?
Is there any websites, reading materials ,videos and etc. that this forum can provide. Thank you very much
Modify message

Bud:
Do you mean EMI Compliance test? Your question is broad open, you have to say what RF characteristics you want to test.

dobsonr741:
Get a few RF test equipment manuals. Learn about SCPI. Take a look at LabView. Those should be the standard tools in an RF lab.

pdenisowski:
We have some excellent online tutorials on automating test and measurement instruments

https://www.rohde-schwarz.com/us/driver-pages/remote-control/automation-by-remote-control-step-by-step_231238.html

It's very easy (and essentially free) to get started with automation.  I would recommend just starting small with some basic commands / queries using SCPI.  Sending an *IDN? and getting a response is kind of the "Hello World" of test automation :)

We also published a really good (paper) book on this topic as well, but it's long out of print.  Most of the important information from that book is on the webpages :)

--- End quote ---

vino:
For now my focus is testing and characterizing RF Power amplifiers. I want to automate the measurement of each parameters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version