Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1137136 times)

jeccylx and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline salvagedcircuitry

• Regular Contributor
  • Electrical Engineer | Hobbyist | Camera Enthusiast
    • salvagedcircuitry
I have a dsox 2014 with nand flash corruption. Here's the initial u-boot output from first terminal window:

I followed the titiris method:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/dsox2000-and-3000-series-licence-have-anyone-tried-to-hack-that-scope/msg2136181/#msg2136181

I have had some successes, but I keep getting stuck near the final stages of recovery. when entering "go 0x00362000" All I get is:
## Starting application at 0x00362000 ...
nothing ever happens afterwards.

I followed the procedures for USB stick generation and set the file structure the same way, double checked the spelling of the directory folders. I put the same setup on a 64mb fat formatted usb stick and a 16gb exfat formatted usb memory stick. Neither worked. 

I repeated the process with 2.37 firmware but still no change.
I formatted the 16gb usb stick in fat32 and no change. still stuck on "Starting application at 0x00362000 ..."

I noticed that the read/write light on any usb card I use never lights up when in the scope.
I tried the same process without a usb stick inserted and the same thing happens.
Is the scope just not reading any of my usb memory cards? 

Any troubleshooting ideas?
Thanks guys!

Edit: I have solved my problem and will update here with the procedure soon. A dsox2014 has been saved from the bins!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 01:41:59 am by salvagedcircuitry »
SalvagedCircuitry
www.salvagedcircuitry.com

Offline analogRF

• Frequent Contributor
does anyone have the original (unpatched) FW V2.20 for 3000A scopes?
I am trying to recover a 3000A which has 2.20 on it but my oldest FW is 2.35 and didnt work

thanks

Offline MarkL

• Supporter
does anyone have the original (unpatched) FW V2.20 for 3000A scopes?
I am trying to recover a 3000A which has 2.20 on it but my oldest FW is 2.35 and didnt work

thanks
PM sent.

The following users thanked this post: analogRF

Offline calvinlove0

Thank you for your post!
The firmware link you provided is dead however...don't suppose you still have the file you could send my way  :scared:

Offline calvinlove0

I'm still researching this topic but its unclear to me whether the firmware flash repair is possible with the new v2.66 firmware. If you could pass along the old firmware it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline maurit

• Contributor
Hi,
try with other firmware you have up to v2.66

Offline calvinlove0

....dumb question...do you still have that .cab file? :3 need v2.35 to fix my scope

Offline jdubs06

Hey look, I found a file. Remove jpg

Offline jdubs06

Also this one

Offline jdubs06

Last one

Offline cskarto

Hello,

We also have a boot problem with the DSO-x 2012A, bought a long time ago at Agilent. Can someone give us a simple explanation what is going on here and how we can fix this? I have attached a short video.

Thanks in advance.

Cskarto

Offline maurit

• Contributor

Offline maurit

• Contributor

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf