Author Topic: Finally! Hantek HDM3065 6.5 Digit DMM  (Read 22252 times)

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
  • Soldering Equipment Guru
Re: Finally! Hantek HDM3065 6.5 Digit DMM
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2024, 11:16:00 am »
My first problem is that I have a Mac. So, I needed to install a Windows 10 Virtual Machine, and installed the software which I have downloaded from Hantek web page.

The first software you have to install and configure is "Keysight Connection Expert". It's included on the software pack from Hantek. Using the USB connection, it is easy to use. You can see the instrument immediately after running the software. After that, you can send commands SCPI commands, start IO monitor and, after that, you can run Hantek HDM3000 app, which is a "remote control" of the instrument, where you can press virtual buttons, and see the readings at your computer.

For LAN connection, first you have to connect your multimeter at the same network where is your computer, and configure Network Options at Utility / IO Menu. Insert a compatible static IP address, or use DHCP. Then, after you get the IP Address at instrument, you go to Keysight Connection Expert at your computer, then "Manual Configuration", and set the same IP Address. At "Set Protocol" section, select "Socket". You must use the default port 5025, and press "Accept". After some seconds, you should see the Instrument as you have connected using USB cable.

I look forward you get it running, but if you need, just call me here, and I can try to help more.

What USB driver are you using on your PC? I just get an error 28 - It enumerates as VID_049F PID_605E which is a Compaq device if the VID is to be believed?
RS232 seems to work fine, and it spoofs a 34461A if you change the SCPI protocol.

(edit: actually you can use Zadig to install the WinUSB and it appears in Keysight Connection Expert)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 11:32:36 am by SteveyG »
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/sdgelectronics/
Use code: “SDG5” to get 5% off JBC Equipment at Kaisertech

Offline jezgb

« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2024, 06:58:17 pm »
Hi,

I've just received a HDM3065.  Quite pleased with it so far, except...  I've noticed a bit of a problem.

Since I temporarily have an Agilent 34461A on my bench, I decided to measure the same voltage source (~29V) at the same time and see how the two tracked.  Pretty good until ~36 minutes into the test the HDM suddenly showed a measurement of ~53V.  And then every 36 minutes thereafter, the same thing.  Roughly 60V, give or take, rogue reading.  Makes a bit of a mockery of the stats!  The spikes are very definitely not real, as shown by the Agilent and also tested with a 'scope.

Attached are two screenshots showing the issue.  Note the spike to the right of the Hantek graph.

Same thing on current measurement, spikes every ~36 minutes except -ve going this time showing as '-ve overload', and 2W resistance - once again higher readings than is the truth.

This smells of software to me - but I can't seem to find any updated firmware on Hantek's website.  I see there is a thread on SW for this meter but haven't had time to digest it and my skim of it filled me with dread...

The software version is 2.0.0.6(2394081348), firmware is 04.01.07.04.23-02.05-21.

Has anyone else noticed this issue?  Or do I have a unit with a pretty whacky fault?

I've emailed support@hantek.com but received no reply yet.  This, I understand, is to be expected.   :(

Such a shame because the hardware seems pretty nice.

Cheers,

Jez.

Offline Microcheap

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2024, 04:42:14 am »
I can confirm that it's software related. I manage to reproduce and observe the same behavior.

Hantek sent me a firmware update but apparently it did not solve this issue yet. I will try to run more tests later to confirm.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 05:14:05 pm by Microcheap »

The following users thanked this post: jezgb

Offline ali_asadzadeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2024, 03:08:54 pm »
Hantek sent me a firmware update but apparently it did not solve this issue yet. I will try do run more tests later to confirm.
Thanks for sharing, would you please your hantek contact info, because they did not answered their emails to me?
ASiDesigner, Stands for Application specific intelligent devices
I'm a Digital Expert from 8-bits to 64-bits

Offline jezgb

« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2024, 03:29:57 pm »
I can confirm that it's software related. I manage to reproduce and observe the same behavior.

Hantek sent me a firmware update but apparently it did not solve this issue yet. I will try do run more tests later to confirm.

Thank you for this information.

Shame there is no fix...   Yet.  But at least I now know that sending it back for replacement is pointless.   :-+

Do you know if Hantek are aware that this issue exists?

Many thanks and best regards,

Jez.

Offline Microcheap

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2024, 05:12:51 pm »
Thanks for sharing, would you please your hantek contact info, because they did not answered their emails to me?
I've never had problems getting a response from them by e-mail, I really don't now what happens. I now have direct contact with one of their representatives by Skype so it's much faster. I am not sure if I could share that, but I will ask.
For technical support, I would recommend that you first try to contact directly the seller from whom you bought the equipment, they should have easier access to Hantek's support, and contrary to what appears, they are very responsive and helpful.
I've also shared sometimes links from posts of this forum with them to see if they could help, but apparently, the moderator blocked their IP so they can't read the messages...

Yes they are, I reported it to them and they sent me the new firmware to test. I'll run more tests later and report back to them and see what else they can do.

Offline jezgb

« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2024, 05:26:43 pm »
Yes they are, I reported it to them and they sent me the new firmware to test. I'll run more tests later and report back to them and see what else they can do.

That's very good to hear - thank you!

Fingers crossed...

Cheers,

Jez.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf