Author Topic: New Zoyi multimeter+oscilloscopes - ZT-70xS, up to 50MHz/250MSps (nov 2022)  (Read 66062 times)

Atlan and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
The update went smoothly.  can't exactly tell what is different.  The multimeter interface feels a bit snappier. Alas, no duty cycle measurement.
It looks like there is new firmware available: https://zotektools.com/firmware-update/

"Optimized some functions and interfaces."

I havent tried it yet

Offline MLXXXp

• Frequent Contributor
In multimeter mode, is there a way to reset the Min, Max and AVG values (displayed at the bottom, above the function key soft labels), so that they all start at the next reading and then change from there (without changing ranges or to a different function)?

Offline Rooster Cogburn

• Regular Contributor
Is there any word on the ZT-703 yet? I can't really find any mentioning of it outside of this thread.

While searching around on AliExpress I found this:

Owon hds242/hds272/hds242s/hds272s
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003913549473.html

Is this a rebranding of the ZT-70xS like the ANENG ones or something entirely different? If the latter, how does it compare and would you rather pick this up or wait for the 03 model?

Offline Shonky

• Frequent Contributor
The Owon is completely different. You can see just by looking. . Search for the huge thread on it here. The Owon is significantly better specs wise.

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
Is there any word on the ZT-703 yet? I can't really find any mentioning of it outside of this thread.
Apparently not
https://zotektools.com/oscilloscope-multimeter/

Is this a rebranding of the ZT-70xS like the ANENG ones or something entirely different? If the latter, how does it compare and would you rather pick this up or wait for the 03 model?
Depends on the (still unknown) price and what you need.
As a cheap handheld oscilloscope, I would prefer a ZEEWEII DSO2512G or a FNIRSI DPOX180H and buy a DMM separately

Offline Rooster Cogburn

• Regular Contributor
I had no idea the cheap handheld scope market had so much development since I last looked. The ZT-70xS is appealing because it costs like half of the other two, but that FNIRSI DPOX180H looks almost too good to be true. I don't care about the DMM functionality, not having it is actually preferred. I guess it mostly comes down to the software, which one will have the least UI annoyances and bugs...

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
I had no idea the cheap handheld scope market had so much development since I last looked. The ZT-70xS is appealing because it costs like half of the other two, but that FNIRSI DPOX180H looks almost too good to be true. I don't care about the DMM functionality, not having it is actually preferred. I guess it mostly comes down to the software, which one will have the least UI annoyances and bugs...
If you want it cheaper, then even the DSO1511G is better than the ZT-702S.
It has however like the ZT-702S only one channel.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 10:12:31 am by Aldo22 »

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
While searching around on AliExpress I found this:

Owon hds242/hds272/hds242s/hds272s
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003913549473.html

No, not even close to the same. The Owon is far and away the better portable scope, as one would expect at 4-5x the cost. I have both the Owon HDS2022S (200Mhz) and the 702S (as well as a DSO-TC3). Don't get me wrong, I like the 702S for what it is (I have a thing for cheap meters, especially Zoyi/Aneng) and wouldn't hesitate to use it for simple things especially if my Owon wasn't charged up or otherwise not available. It's lighter, more compact, and easier to grab quickly than the Owon, and if I were in a hostile environment I'd feel better about risking a $60 device than a $250 one. So they both have their place.

Offline Rooster Cogburn

• Regular Contributor
Ali prices for me shipped:

Zoyi ZT-702S - 60.62EUR
OWON HDS2102S - 120.52EUR (or 20EUR more for 70Mhz)
FNIRIS Dpox180h - 120.17EUR

I think both the Zoyi & Owon are reasonably priced relatively, but the Dpox180h seems like far better value considering how much more features it has. It's probably what I'd tend towards, but I'm highly skeptical that it actually reaches its specs and that even half of the software features actually work well enough to be usable. There's no proper review yet AFAIK.

Offline RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
The OWON is far better ...

Offline Rooster Cogburn

• Regular Contributor
The OWON is far better ...

Than the FNIRIS Dpox180h?

Offline RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
Yes

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
No, you slipped with the prices.
The HDS2102S is better, but it costs a lot more: 236,03 € at eleshop.
https://eleshop.de/owon-hds2102s-tragbares-oszilloskop.html

The Owon HDS242 is no better than the Fnirsi or Zeeweii, but still costs more.

This is the best for little money
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005004793136023.html
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 02:53:15 pm by Aldo22 »

Offline Rooster Cogburn

• Regular Contributor
No, you slipped with the prices.
The HDS2102S is better, but it costs a lot more: 236,03 € at eleshop.
https://eleshop.de/owon-hds2102s-tragbares-oszilloskop.html

The Owon HDS242 is no better than the Fnirsi or Zeeweii, but still costs more.

This is the best for little money
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005004793136023.html

Your Ali link doesn't work for me / product not available, and I confused the 100Mhz and 40Mhz versions of that scope, sorry.

So it seems the FNIRIS Dpox180h is the best bang for the buck? I just don't trust it actually performs.

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
Your Ali link doesn't work for me / product not available, and I confused the 100Mhz and 40Mhz versions of that scope, sorry.
Not sure what you mean. There aren't any different versions of the DSO1511G
Does this link work?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004793136023.html

Or here ist the ZEEWEII Factory Store
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1102327126
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 04:11:43 pm by Aldo22 »

Offline Rooster Cogburn

• Regular Contributor
No, just "Sorry, the page you requested can not be found:(" and a blurb about not being available for your shipping destination. You're in Switzerland? Since that's not EU/EEA, I guess that's it?

I mixed up the OWON HDS2102S and the OWON HDS242.

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
No, just "Sorry, the page you requested can not be found:(" and a blurb about not being available for your shipping destination. You're in Switzerland? Since that's not EU/EEA, I guess that's it?
Strange.  ???
Yes, I am in Switzerland.
Then go to Aliexpress and Search for "ZEEWEII Factory Store"

For information also http://www.zeeweii.com/

Offline Rooster Cogburn

• Regular Contributor
I guess they just don't want to ship to the EU. At those prices I think maybe the DSO2512g would be a better deal than the DSO1511G. I wonder where the 2ch higher BW 703S will land in terms of price.

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
I guess they just don't want to ship to the EU. At those prices I think maybe the DSO2512g would be a better deal than the DSO1511G. I wonder where the 2ch higher BW 703S will land in terms of price.
I see, but it only has to do with Germany.
If you select France as the destination country, for example, there is no problem.
No idea what it is about.

But you can just search in Aliexpress for "DSO1511G" or "DSO2512G", there are more dealers.

It was also available at Kaufland.
https://www.kaufland.de/product/419287165/

Offline Rooster Cogburn

• Regular Contributor
Sure, I don't need help buying any of those scopes, there are plenty of sellers that ship here, choosing is tricky part. Would be so great to have a YT video comparing like the 5 top candidates. The main issue is again do these features and specs actually work as advertised. If I compare a Rigol 1054Z to a Siglent 1104X-E I can be reasonably sure they actually do what they advertise, with the budget portable scope the real question is what can they actually do.

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
Would be so great to have a YT video comparing like the 5 top candidates.
I'm not sure if that would really help.
There are so many details to compare from different angles.
Better specs aren't all that matters.

Maybe you first think about what is important to you and how much you want to pay, then you can ask more specific questions to the owners of such devices.

But for sure all the mentioned are better oscilloscopes than the ZT-702S.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 08:30:31 pm by Aldo22 »

Offline slavoy

• Regular Contributor

I see, but it only has to do with Germany.
If you select France as the destination country, for example, there is no problem.
No idea what it is about.
This is related to new waste management policy in Germany. They introduced some laws for imported goods, which some Chinese stores don't comply with.

Offline Rooster Cogburn

• Regular Contributor
This is related to new waste management policy in Germany. They introduced some laws for imported goods, which some Chinese stores don't comply with.

I always thought that was an EU wide thing when they introduced it last year. If you got a German IP these products don't even show up in search and if you got to the shop they show as having 0 products. Guess since it's been a year this will never be fixed and a huge chunk of products just won't be shipped here anymore.

Edit: So I double checked and this is EU wide and France has even implemented this law before Germany. But I guess this is handled by a different agency in each country and they're differences like in some countries you don't have to deal with this until you reach a certain threshold of sales. I'm sure the German authorities worked tirelessly to make this process as painful as possible.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 09:46:06 pm by Rooster Cogburn »

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
I just got a Zoyi ZT-702S and so far it seems to work ok for low frequency applications (automotive, audio). Its build quality is well above average and both the menu and the button operation are quite logical and intuitive - this compared to the other non-brand toy oscilloscopes I have seen in the past. There is a saturation issue in case a high voltage (when compared to the V/div setting) is applied, since the waveform hints to overflow in the ADC codes. I am also missing either an anti-alias filter or a better tuned opamp feedback loop, since sinewaves above 1MHz are showing quite wobbly for me (let alone triangular or square). Perhaps those were corrected with newer firmware (?).

The Zeeweii indeed has better specifications on paper for the same price, but IMO the dual button press interface to execute mundane actions is a deal breaker for me. This was common to other toy oscilloscopes that I saw in the past. I don't know its overall build quality, but the other very similarly looking oscilloscopes I saw in the past were very subpar. Maybe this one is different.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
The Zeeweii indeed has better specifications on paper for the same price, but IMO the dual button press interface to execute mundane actions is a deal breaker for me. This was common to other toy oscilloscopes that I saw in the past. I don't know its overall build quality, but the other very similarly looking oscilloscopes I saw in the past were very subpar. Maybe this one is different.
The DSO2512G is OK for the price and very easy to use. Everything is logical and you quickly get used to it. I have never been annoyed by this device.
But of course, if you want to pay more, you get more (hopefully).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf