Author Topic: Siglent SDS7000A 3 and 4 GHz 12 bit DSO's  (Read 24774 times)

Online tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Siglent SDS7000A 3 and 4 GHz 12 bit DSO's
« on: December 30, 2022, 08:04:14 am »
Released 15 Nov 2023

3 or 4 GHz BW
12-bit models.
Low noise floor: ~220 μVrms at 4 GHz bandwidth
15.6" touch display with mouse.
20 GSa/s max sampling rate.
500 Mpts/ch
32 Mpts FFT
CPU Intel Core i3-8100 or better
RAM 32 GB DDR4
Hard Disk 250 GB SSD or better
OS Linux

Supports measurement of USB2.0, SATA1, DDR1/2/3 and other signals
1Gpts Memory Depth Upgrade Option
OCXO option
50 MHz FG option
16ch MSO option
Optional decodes
Eye Diagram and Jitter Analysis Option
Power Analysis Option

Front panel
2x USB 3.0 Host,
Probe calibration signal: 1 kHz, 3 V square wave

Side panel
4x USB Host 3.1 Gen 1, 2x 1000M LAN (support VXI-11+SCPI, Telnet (port 5024)+SCPI, socket (port 5025) + SCPI programming, LXI, WebServer)
1x DVI-D: up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz, 1x DP 1.2: up to 4096x2304 @ 60Hz, 1x HDMI 1.4: up to
4096x2160 @ 60Hz
Mic input, Audio Output

Rear panel
USB 2.0 Device (support USBTMC)
External trigger input, EXT: ≤1.5 Vrms, EXT/5: ≤ 7.5Vrms
Auxiliary output: including TRIG OUT (3.3 V LVCMOS), PASS/FAIL OUT (3.3 V TTL)
Others: 10 MHz In, 10 MHz Out
https://int.siglent.com/products-overview/sds7000a/
https://siglentna.com/digital-oscilloscopes/sds7000a-digital-storage-oscilloscope/
https://www.siglenteu.com/digital-oscilloscopes/sds7000a-digital-storage-oscilloscope/

Will also support a new series of Siglent 5 GHz active probes:
SAP5000D series of active differential probes, which have a bandwidth of 5GHz, a rise time of 80ps, a differential input capacitance of 350fF, and an attenuation ratio of 10:1.

https://int.siglent.com/u_file/download/23_11_08/SDS7000A_Datasheet_EN01A.pdf
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 02:15:42 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, Markus2801A, Bravo

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
Re: Siglent SDS7000A DSO's coming
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 09:22:14 am »
As I was writing this same, I noticed that you had already done it. Of course -- you have a time zone advantage due to your location.  :D   :D
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 09:42:58 am »
Oh, finally a scope everyone can afford... :D
Looks good.
Screensize: Waverunner 9000 got 15.6" too and it´s soo huge...
My favorite size is 12.1".
Prices...Hmm.
2Ghz 6000A will costs appx 11900€ incl. VAT, the 7000A won´t be cheaper. 8)
So it will be a nice to know that siglent could also offer pro-scopes.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 10:35:24 am »
So, NeZha finally arrived?

The following users thanked this post: tautech, 2N3055, luudee

Offline kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2022, 10:47:59 am »
time for a new, more restricted, owner club ?

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 11:32:48 am »
2Ghz 6000A will costs appx 11900€ incl. VAT, the 7000A won´t be cheaper. 8)
So it will be a nice to know that siglent could also offer pro-scopes.

Martin,

Stay away from the light!

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 11:41:19 am »
 :-DD

Don't worry my friend, if a few more features come along for my current scope, I don't see a single reason to switch.
Besides, if I seriously wanted to spend more than XYZ on a meter, others would have the men with the white jacket come for me.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2022, 11:57:49 am »
, others would have the men with the white jacket come for me.

Thank God others exist!  ;D

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh, Martin72

Offline Kenneth Rosenstroem

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 01:18:04 pm »

Offline baldurn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2022, 01:38:17 pm »
Some pictures here: http://www.utestek.com/product/1302.html

They even made it Rigol colored! Sadly they will match the price of Rigol DS70504 20 GSa/s oscilloscope too (30k €).

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2022, 06:59:40 pm »
Some pictures here: http://www.utestek.com/product/1302.html

They even made it Rigol colored!
That got me immediately ! Why Siglent would follow HPAK, LeCroy and Rigol with a dark color scheme IDK.  :-//

Sadly they will match the price of Rigol DS70504 20 GSa/s oscilloscope too (30k €).
In case you hadn't noticed a few Siglent products when fully optioned are already nudging 30k in whatever currency.
Put the new Siglent analyser and matching RF gen together and it's pushing 40k but still a good bit cheaper than one from HPAK.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 10:02:57 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline danils

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2022, 11:18:45 pm »
I have a consideration, please don't misunderstand me.
I currently own the SDS2104X HD I fell in love with (I sold my Keysight for this), I have a Siglent multimeter on my office bench, I have a Siglent power supply and I am ordering a Siglent function generator. So I am a fan :P and I consider them wonderful equipment for my daily duties that is testing LED power supplies.

But...

When it comes to top professionals or critical application, especially in the price tag I think this new Siglent scope will fall, I think we are forced to follow the trend and display a Keysight or Tek or Lecroy badge on the attached print screens. Like when I worked on audio I had to have an Audio Precision badge on my print screens despite there are great audio analysers from other brands too, that sometimes are even better than AP in my experience (R&S, Spectral Measurements (formerly Prism Audio), etc.).

Now I think that some companies, large ones, think about Tesla testing their motor inverters or Honeywell testing avionics and so on, probably need to show a "top brand" badge on their papers.

Not random that on my Siglent equipment calibration sheets the devices used for calibration are Agilent etc. lol.

So I think it's quite risky for Siglent aiming at a top end niche were players that basically invented the oscilloscope dominate already. Let's suppose that a "big brand" oscope with the same specs costs twice the Siglent, I think big companies with large budget still have a "marketing" need to choose the big brands.

Yet this new Siglent scope is surely out of budget for small companies and hobbyists.

edit: maybe it can be a great resource for embargoed countries, USA cannot sell technology to  ;D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 11:26:09 pm by danils »

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, mairo

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2022, 11:37:30 pm »
Hi,
I know exactly what you mean.
But in my eyes, this is the logical next step for Siglent.
Whether they will join the elite circle depends on several parameters.
Quality, technical maturity, stable software and features that the professional competition does not offer at this price.
And even all that is of no use if you can't convince customers to switch.
In addition to the above-mentioned things, service is an absolute must.
In the meantime, we also have Siglent scopes at work, calibrated externally and in use for customer acceptance tests.
Otherwise, we have had LeCroy and Tektronix over the decades.
But we've been surprised at how well the Siglents have done, and we won't be the only ones.
AND:
Unlike the other big brands, siglent still has the low cost division that benefits from the lessons learned in developing the big scopes not affordable to amateurs.
Currently you can see it very well in the SDS2000X+ model.
If the larger series experience an update, it will also get that, provided that the hardware makes it.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2022, 11:42:51 pm »
That got me immediately ! Whey Siglent would follow HPAK, LeCroy and Rigol with a dark color scheme IDK.  :-//
No, no, no .. they made it Hantek colored! :-DD
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2022, 11:52:34 pm »
Yet this new Siglent scope is surely out of budget for small companies and hobbyists.
There are some well healed hobbyists around here that flaunt $30K scopes that do not remotely meet the specs quoted above.  They might be a market.  A small one, but a market.  It may also appeal to companies that do not have to prove or divulge who makes their test equipment but want decent specs for a reasonable price.  We'll have to see what that price is to beging with, but in the end you may be right.  At least until Siglent make some decent on-roads into industry.  That begs the question, is there room for another top tier brand at the table?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 01:01:57 am by BillyO »
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2022, 12:32:11 am »
12-bit/10-bit models. As yet unknown if these will be available to the west.

It would be it´s death here before it´s born, no joke.
In this (expected) pricerange every scope is 12 bit or higher.

Offline baldurn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2022, 02:16:51 am »
When it comes to top professionals or critical application, especially in the price tag I think this new Siglent scope will fall, I think we are forced to follow the trend and display a Keysight or Tek or Lecroy badge on the attached print screens. Like when I worked on audio I had to have an Audio Precision badge on my print screens despite there are great audio analysers from other brands too, that sometimes are even better than AP in my experience (R&S, Spectral Measurements (formerly Prism Audio), etc.).

It may clearly be out of range in the typical HAM hobby budget but it fits well for startups and internal use within companies where cost still matters. I have experience founding a startup and let me tell you, the savings on that one instrument could easily be several years of rent for the office space or half a year of salary for the employee that is going to use it.

All depending on that they are actually going to price it significantly cheaper (half price) of the competing big name brands. If they would try to be just a little cheaper, it might even be more expensive to lease due to worse resale value.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2022, 04:16:29 am »
That begs the question, is there room for another top tier brand at the table?
Why wouldn't there be, just why ?

Each brand has something the other doesn't offer and that's how it's always been and the only time that becomes a problem is when the money people chose equipment for the techs.  :horse:

Take a moment to properly consider the changes in this industry in the last 5 years let alone the last 10.
Have the top brands really indicated to any of us they are up for the challenge from the east or have they sat on their chuffs and watch their grass get mown.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2022, 05:17:05 am »
Why wouldn't there be, just why ?

Oh Rob, you know as well as I do.  You read the posts here.  Some one asks for a good meter under $100 and within 10 posts there is someone suggesting they buy a Fluke 87V.

Back when I first started out the answer was a Simpson 260 (which BTW is still made and about the same price as s Fluke 87V).

You know I'm a dyed in the wool Siglent fan (even being a genuine greybeard) but I realize the nonsense that goes on, the same nonsense that makes people pay $199/ft. for magic speaker cable.

People are stuck in self defeating ruts.  "Muh daddy sayus buy a Tek Tutron'hicks so my's gona buy's a Tek.   :palm:

Okay, that might have gone a tad far, but you get the picture.  Tek make good stuff (at least they used to .. ignoring the "3 series") for certain applications .. the same for HPAK and R&S, but it seems they have lost the connection to the grass roots.

Some idiots still buy Harley Davison bikes, even though they are (endlessly) proven to be utter shite.

We live in a world where there are 2 (count then) flat earth societies.   :-// :scared: :palm: :palm: :palm:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 05:22:54 am by BillyO »

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2022, 06:29:55 am »
This is truly one scope for the masses  :D
Ok it is a PC with an acquisition card instead of being all integrated with an application processor. What does it bring to the table?
UI slowing down a little less when multiple functions are activated?
will it be able to run other applications alongside the main scope context?
I thought other models (since the SDS5000X) all ran linux, was i wrong?
which lecroy is going to be here in the west?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2022, 06:34:24 am »
I thought other models (since the SDS5000X) all ran linux, was i wrong?
No you were not wrong.

Consider it a plain statement from Siglent this PC based DSO does NOT run Windoze.
Make of that what you will as YMMV.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline gslick

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2022, 07:05:20 am »
Waiting for someone here to "buy" an SDS7404A H12 from Amazon and spend two weeks testing every feature, and writing full reviews, and posting YouTube videos, before returning it two weeks later :-DD

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2023, 09:07:31 am »
Not random that on my Siglent equipment calibration sheets the devices used for calibration are Agilent etc. lol.
Highly intended of course to give some validity to the accuracy/quality of calibration.
Actually that's a good thread topic, what brands of equipment are used for Siglent equipment factory calibration ?
So I think it's quite risky for Siglent aiming at a top end niche were players that basically invented the oscilloscope dominate already.

:-DD
Do you imply the A brands have market dominance from inventing oscilloscopes ?
Let me give you a little history lesson:
Karl Ferdinand Braun invented the CRT oscilloscope as a physics curiosity in 1897....... and electromechanical plotting devices were around a few years earlier:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_oscilloscope
Let's suppose that a "big brand" oscope with the same specs costs twice the Siglent, I think big companies with large budget still have a "marketing" need to choose the big brands.
They do but are slowly seeing the light.  ;)
What industry and marketing experience has you offer such a statement ?
Hobbyists certainly but there are some very clever small companies doing leading edge stuff the world over and they get to a point when they need high performance equipment at competitive pricing.
edit: maybe it can be a great resource for embargoed countries, USA cannot sell technology to  ;D
Well of course, Siglent is already a worldwide brand and also not always badged as Siglent so even examining the Siglent website maps and 'How to Buy'/Authorized Partners lists doesn't reveal actual marketplace penetration.

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2023, 04:18:35 pm »
I currently own the SDS2104X HD I fell in love with (I sold my Keysight for this), I have a Siglent multimeter on my office bench, I have a Siglent power supply and I am ordering a Siglent function generator. So I am a fan :P and I consider them wonderful equipment for my daily duties that is testing LED power supplies.

But...

Now I think that some companies, large ones, think about Tesla testing their motor inverters or Honeywell testing avionics and so on, probably need to show a "top brand" badge on their papers.

In many cases true but - world is changing.

Currently, some users of Siglent devices include, for example (bit old list) including also your named Tesla :
(and of course lots of smaller companies)

Nokia, Cisco, Ericsson, Samsung, LG, ZTE, Broadcom, Hytera, FiberHome.

Tesla, BMW, Toyota, Siemens, BYD, Yaskawa, Desay SV automotive, Mitsubishi Electric, L.B.N.

TexasInstruments, Intel, Linear, Broadcom, Microchip, Realtek, GE Imagination atwork, NXP, Allwinner, ETS-Lindgren

Microsoft, Google, Toyota, Apple, Sharp, Haier, Microchip, Dji, Skyworth, Asus.

Harward University, Princeton University, University of Cambridge, Stanfor University, Massachusets Institute of Technology,
Tsinghua University, Peking University, Zhejiang University, University of Science  and Technology of China, Fudan University
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Offline markone

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2023, 11:33:02 pm »

But...

In many cases true but - world is changing.

Currently, some users of Siglent devices include, for example (bit old list) including also your named Tesla :
(and of course lots of smaller companies)

Nokia, Cisco, Ericsson, Samsung, LG, ZTE, Broadcom, Hytera, FiberHome.

Tesla, BMW, Toyota, Siemens, BYD, Yaskawa, Desay SV automotive, Mitsubishi Electric, L.B.N.

TexasInstruments, Intel, Linear, Broadcom, Microchip, Realtek, GE Imagination atwork, NXP, Allwinner, ETS-Lindgren

Microsoft, Google, Toyota, Apple, Sharp, Haier, Microchip, Dji, Skyworth, Asus.

Harward University, Princeton University, University of Cambridge, Stanfor University, Massachusets Institute of Technology,
Tsinghua University, Peking University, Zhejiang University, University of Science  and Technology of China, Fudan University

But certainly not as an exclusive supplier, especially now that the U.S. is further restricting shipments to China of strategic electronic devices and this is not helping chinese brands to gain trust in high-tech companies in the west world.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf