Nice but here is one mistake that you don't want to make, you'll never guess what the problem is here, but it is bling related.

That's always been good advice for those playing along at home. I DON'T DO LED bling (okay, maybe a strip or two of illumination LEDs around the edges, but none of this dancing rainbow lights shit); one of the first things I did once I got the PC back on the network was to install my RGB Fusion drivers so I could turn OFF the pulsing wave Unicorn Blarff mode which the Waterforce GPU defaulted to.

I don't buy LED components if I can avoid it; particularly anything near my data channels. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I feel having multiple oscillating PWM LED power rails and oodles of WS21812 LEDs (they are SOOO fucking noisy) all generating unnecessary EMI and heat (each individual LED is approx
[email protected], with some of the newer high-intensity ones being
[email protected]) right on my RAM or my HDD is a
STUPID recipe for disaster on a system I'm already OCing and pushing beyond spec.

mnem
In short: Fuck Dat Noize.