With the Type 561B restoration on hold awaiting the Type 3B3 Time Base plug-in I decided to take a look at the Type 106. Yesterday's pictures of the Hi Amplitude Square were ugly and the +/- Fast Rise weren't much better. I did find the issue. But first, look at this picture. Yes, that is a 680 ohm resistor and a disc cap hanging in the breeze. I thought that was my issue but no, they are in the Trigger Output circuit. Seems at one time there was some Gorilla activity. Resoldered them.

The issue turned out to be the bias control in the oscillator circuit being out of adjustment. Once adjusted properly things started to fall into place. Still not perfect but close.
This is what the Hi Amplitude Square now looks like. Much better.

And this is the + Fast Rise. Again much better and it's rise time is also improved but still not 1ns or less.


The - Fast Rise now has a decent output but the square wave is fubar'ed. More work needed here.

I think at this point the next step will be to re-cap the PSU and make sure everything is top notch in that area before I wind up chasing potential ghosts.