-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=1105800;image)
Erm, don't a recall a spirited defence of all things T-12 when BD139 was decrying them a couple-a-weeks back? 
Erm, correct you did, but I can't say for sure but if you go back to post #74643 he did post a photo of his T12 and it looks like he managed to pull the cable and broke a couple of solder connections in his handle. I'm still very happy with my T12 units however 
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=1105562;image)
Bizzackly. I even linked that post and this pic in the post you refer to above.
What does normal wear and tear on a handle have to do with the quality of a T-12 controller? Even though it obviously shorted to ground several times, my controller survived thanks to CV/CC power supply as these all should have.

Remember, I've always proselytized the
STM32 T-12 Controller KITS... that way you can build it yourself, and you know it is built RIGHT.
bd is absolutely right aboot the PSU boards these people package in the ready-made stations and all-the-parts-in-a-box DIY kits;
they're fucking cancer, just a fire looking for a place to happen.
I built this station, I built the power supply the way I wanted it (after letting the magic smoke out of a cheaper T-12 controller, I learned my lesson aboot CV/CC), and I built that handle too, even after
panning it here heavily being not at all as advertised.
I chose to build it using only heat-shrink as the strain-relief; this was part expediency and partly because any effective mechanical strain relief would be difficult to implement without compromising proper bleeder-resistor-to-GND ESD safety.

-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=1105830;image)
Revisiting that choice and considering years of fault-free daily service, I rebuilt the handle EXACTLY the same way today.
mnem
