News flash: They're here.We're expecting 5-10cm today.
This is the scene from my back door. We spent all afternoon down in that yard blowing/bagging the last of the leaves yesterday. Just in time is the word of the day!
mnem
nice pants.
Ouch! They were forecasting 10-15 cm of snow here too but along with above zero temperatures, if that makes any sense. The end result's been rain all day which would be great for working downstairs in the shop except I'm on midnights and I know not to try to fight with any projects when I'm on midnights because it never goes well for myself or the project involved. Worse, one of the window regulators on my truck malfunctioned and one of the windows is stuck down. It's got a garbage bag taped over it to keep the rain out until I can get that and another thing that broke fixed once midnights are over. Poof. There goes the lab budget for the next while.


I suspect computer parts are going to consume the TEA budget and then some into the near future
Tahiti has nicer surf than Canadia, but they speak the same strange language (at least in parts of that country).
I wonder how a texan may adjust to some quebec'ian turbo speaker who can push out strange syllables faster than you brain can decode them ...
Locally, there is no real surf. You can find a bit on the coasts or in certain large lakes. I find it amazing what some people can do with a standing wave in the Ottawa river. Yes, I have seen surfing without moving. By that I mean a ground speed of zero. Water speed was very different though
I am also more amazed at what the temperature is when these people are out there. I find it necessary to stay dry to survive such temperatures.
It's now aboot twice that deep, and they've revised the estimate to 10-15cm here as well. Temps around 1, dropping to -2 overnight. Warming in the AM, high of 5.
As we have no need to go anywhere, plan is to hide out in our little cave overnight and see how bad things still are tomorrow during the "heat of the day".
If need be, I'll drag the snowblower out... but really not ready for that particular "change of seasons" waypoint to be here YET.
mnem
Similar situation here. I am a bit further east, so that weather is just starting. It is definitely snow in my area though. Here, the leaves did not get bagged; about 12 lawn tractor sweeper loads were collected. That was enough to make 3 kids and 2 adults disappear... The leaves are a bit scattered in good fun and I did not get around yet to using a pitch fork to heave them onto the compost pile. No sense in bagging here. What, what do you mean you can't send 2 collection trucks just for my compost and recycling?
At least the snow tires are on the vehicles. Oh right, it is snowing now because I did go out and get the tires done. Sorry everyone for invoking the snow.
Likewise, there are projects that I should not be touching at the moment. Unfortunately, family pressures are a bad thing. I was up till 3am working on computer troubleshooting, and increasing the number of problems, instead of fixing things.I suspect computer parts are going to consume the TEA budget and then some into the near future
I worked overnight shift (8 PM to 4:30 AM) for 10 years until I retired. If you live alone like I did it's OK. Sleep when you want. Work on stuff when you want (except outdoor if it's dark). But if you have a live in significant other or a family it mucho sucko. I thought you mentioned you lived with your parents, right? Doesn't that give you a certain amount of freedom to do what you want, when you want...as long as you don't disturb them?
Now if you are on a rotating shift schedule then all bets are off. You'll never adjust properly to one set schedule. I'm glad I never did it.
and I'm sweating like a rapist after the first trailer load of firewood for the summer. 
Tahiti has nicer surf than Canadia, but they speak the same strange language (at least in parts of that country).
I wonder how a texan may adjust to some quebec'ian turbo speaker who can push out strange syllables faster than you brain can decode them ...


<SNIP>
Perfect time for some home cookin'. 4KG pork shoulder roast; my usual Holy Trinity spice rub. Onions, carrots, celery and lots of 'shrooms. Asparagus spears and broccoli florets for da dwagon; kidzz and wife won't touch 'em.
Doin' it raw this time instead of searing it first as I usually prefer; been feeling a bit congested since yesterday so the flame's gone quite anemic, and our new gas range (hooray gas cooktop!) is a cheap IKEA POS with a worthless broiler and no browning element.![]()
Gas-ceramic radiant heaters have been around for a century; why the fuck aren't those elements the standard broiler in all gas ovens...?
mnem
*back to the kitchen*
Probably because they are too susceptible to contamination by oils and fats from cooking in the oven when the grill is not on. They are used for commercial grills and kebab rotissaries but that is different.



I worked overnight shift (8 PM to 4:30 AM) for 10 years until I retired. If you live alone like I did it's OK. Sleep when you want. Work on stuff when you want (except outdoor if it's dark). But if you have a live in significant other or a family it mucho sucko. I thought you mentioned you lived with your parents, right? Doesn't that give you a certain amount of freedom to do what you want, when you want...as long as you don't disturb them?
Now if you are on a rotating shift schedule then all bets are off. You'll never adjust properly to one set schedule. I'm glad I never did it.
I'm on rotating shifts and they're horrible. Thankfully, I live alone, it's just me and the cat - definitely no parents! - so nobody else is disturbed by my erratic comings and goings at all hours. Several of the guys I work with live with wives and in some cases kids so when they're on the back hour shifts, it's an awful game of tiptoe so they don't disturb other family members and vice versa for the family trying not to disturb them when they're trying to sleep in the middle of the day. At least none of that's a concern for me since I'm on my own but it does have its downsides too though.
News flash: They're here.We're expecting 5-10cm today.
This is the scene from my back door. We spent all afternoon down in that yard blowing/bagging the last of the leaves yesterday. Just in time is the word of the day!
mnem
nice pants.

News flash: They're here.We're expecting 5-10cm today.
This is the scene from my back door. We spent all afternoon down in that yard blowing/bagging the last of the leaves yesterday. Just in time is the word of the day!
mnem
nice pants.
10PM - Still snowing 10 hours later. Almost 3X as deep.
mnem
*toddles off to ded, filled with impending dread*
Opinions of this guy? First time for me watching him. Frankly, I'm not overly impressed. Seems to me that it took him forever to get to rule #1 when faced with dead TE, no matter what it is. "Thou shalt check the power supply voltages first"
He fusses about how the 465B is constructed and unserviceable. I'll give him that. But he fails at RTFM and it would have told him how to isolate the boards to track down the short.
He mentions how superior modern DSO's are but he fumbles with the controls of his Tek DSO like it was the first time operating it.
Am I off base and perhaps just jaded or something?

Maybe I'm just a curmudgeon, but the video intro turned me off.
Hey Med, a question was asked in a Repair thread about Tek paint and I dug out this post that bitseeker put in POI's on P1 here in TEA where IIRC you posted a pic of a Krylon Gloss Bahama Sea aerosol:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/msg2427477/#msg2427477
Trouble is the pic of the aerosol is gone !
Reckon you can fix it ?
Interesting. Somehow my ImageShack got hacked or something and my picture deleted and that whatever that is put in it's place. I deleted it out of my files. I took a new pix. Feel free to pass on as needed.
Interesting. Somehow my ImageShack got hacked or something and my picture deleted and that whatever that is put in it's place. I deleted it out of my files. I took a new pix. Feel free to pass on as needed.As bitseeker made that post of yours a POI you should really fix the pic then we can easy find it in the POI's and link it all over the place.
Opinions of this guy? First time for me watching him. Frankly, I'm not overly impressed. Seems to me that it took him forever to get to rule #1 when faced with dead TE, no matter what it is. "Thou shalt check the power supply voltages first"
He fusses about how the 465B is constructed and unserviceable. I'll give him that. But he fails at RTFM and it would have told him how to isolate the boards to track down the short.
He mentions how superior modern DSO's are but he fumbles with the controls of his Tek DSO like it was the first time operating it.
Am I off base and perhaps just jaded or something?


Opinions of this guy? First time for me watching him. Frankly, I'm not overly impressed. Seems to me that it took him forever to get to rule #1 when faced with dead TE, no matter what it is. "Thou shalt check the power supply voltages first"
He fusses about how the 465B is constructed and unserviceable. I'll give him that. But he fails at RTFM and it would have told him how to isolate the boards to track down the short.
He mentions how superior modern DSO's are but he fumbles with the controls of his Tek DSO like it was the first time operating it.
Am I off base and perhaps just jaded or something?
Opinions of this guy? First time for me watching him. Frankly, I'm not overly impressed. Seems to me that it took him forever to get to rule #1 when faced with dead TE, no matter what it is. "Thou shalt check the power supply voltages first"
He fusses about how the 465B is constructed and unserviceable. I'll give him that. But he fails at RTFM and it would have told him how to isolate the boards to track down the short.
He mentions how superior modern DSO's are but he fumbles with the controls of his Tek DSO like it was the first time operating it.
Am I off base and perhaps just jaded or something?
Opinions of this guy? First time for me watching him. Frankly, I'm not overly impressed. Seems to me that it took him forever to get to rule #1 when faced with dead TE, no matter what it is. "Thou shalt check the power supply voltages first"
He fusses about how the 465B is constructed and unserviceable. I'll give him that. But he fails at RTFM and it would have told him how to isolate the boards to track down the short.
He mentions how superior modern DSO's are but he fumbles with the controls of his Tek DSO like it was the first time operating it.
Am I off base and perhaps just jaded or something?
Somehow my ImageShack got hacked or something and my picture deleted and that whatever that is put in it's place. I deleted it out of my files. I took a new pix. Feel free to pass on as needed.
Opinions of this guy? First time for me watching him. Frankly, I'm not overly impressed. Seems to me that it took him forever to get to rule #1 when faced with dead TE, no matter what it is. "Thou shalt check the power supply voltages first"
He fusses about how the 465B is constructed and unserviceable. I'll give him that. But he fails at RTFM and it would have told him how to isolate the boards to track down the short.
He mentions how superior modern DSO's are but he fumbles with the controls of his Tek DSO like it was the first time operating it.
Am I off base and perhaps just jaded or something?