-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=1971690)
Some fuses for the Wavetek DMM arrived, not sure if RS think France & Tunisia are the same country or not? 
David
Well, the "manufactuer" is French but they get them made in Tunisia... which scares me.
At work / Airbus, we get some airframe large subassemblies from a plant in "Rochefort" in France... but that plant outsources to another plant of theirs, in Tunisia.
Then it gets shipped to us here in Saint-Nazaire...and I have to deal with their shit.
If you knew the state of these Tunisian airframe bits, their work "culture'"/professionalism there, or lack thereof, the magnitude of their incompetence and absence of the most basic tools to control their work, like calipers, or how to use those... you would likely refrain from boarding an airplane...
The only thing that saves the passengers is quality control here at my plant... we try to repair all the shit we get from Tunisia, and make it work somehow when putting the plane together.
For your own safety, I sincerely hope that the Tunisian people make fuses better than airplanes parts. In doubt, better not tempt the devil when measuring stuff with your Wavetek meter. Wear thick rubber gloves and safety goggles...
Granted, we also get structural parts made in other countries like Morocco, and it's just as bad. But well, it's cheap labour so... you can't have it all.
To be 100% fair, the plant I work at here, is also incompetent, they just can't machine a windshield frame without XXX non-conformities.
Either the machines are not high-tech enough, or we have incompetent workers, or a bit of both, I don't know...
I think incompetence is a world wide disease of our times...
Without quality control as a safe guard, I would not touch a plane with a barge pole. It's the only thing that keeps the plane from falling apart.
Trouble is, even quality control people are getting more and more incompetent, which means we are doomed...
Sorry for this slightly pessimistic contribution, I shall now go to bed...
