Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 35810071 times)

0 Members and 1595 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Black Phoenix

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1159
  • Country: hk
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135900 on: March 01, 2024, 03:01:29 am »
The only ones I found is with a surge protector - https://southernele.com/l-com-al-bmbfb-9-bnc-male-to-bnc-female-bulkhead-0-3-ghz-90v-lightning-protector/

Normal ones is always female to female BNC or Male to Male BNC. So I don't think it is what you are looking for.
 

Offline TERRA Operative

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4084
  • Country: jp
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135901 on: March 01, 2024, 03:38:08 am »
Yeah, I found basically the same results.
I'm starting a design on a Tekprobe power adapter and a bulkhead Male-Female BNC would be perfect for it, but maybe I can screw some bulkhead BNC-SMA adapters together and still be compact enough.
Or maybe some vertical PCB mount BNC's back to back either side of the PCB.

Have to think about it.
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/
 

Offline KrudyZ

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 336
  • Country: us
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135902 on: March 01, 2024, 04:39:18 am »
I would recommend you buy an old 11k series plugin, like an 11A34.
It comes with the Tekprobe connect interface with all the power pads in the right location.
Some have coax coming out the back and others have the attenuators built into the connector.
I don't recall which ones which.
Check the manuals...
 

Offline Black Phoenix

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1159
  • Country: hk
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135903 on: March 01, 2024, 05:33:50 am »
Yeah, I found basically the same results.
I'm starting a design on a Tekprobe power adapter and a bulkhead Male-Female BNC would be perfect for it, but maybe I can screw some bulkhead BNC-SMA adapters together and still be compact enough.
Or maybe some vertical PCB mount BNC's back to back either side of the PCB.

Have to think about it.

Let me see tomorrow when I go to the Huaqiang North electronics supermarkets. If I find what you need I will buy a bunch and send your way.
 
The following users thanked this post: TERRA Operative

Offline BU508A

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4576
  • Country: de
  • Per aspera ad astra
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135904 on: March 01, 2024, 06:02:07 am »
Page 1197

Page 599 here  >:D (old joke, doubt anybody left here remembers :) )

 ;D ;D
I do.
 8)
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -
 

Offline wkb

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1156
  • Country: nl
  • PA1WBU
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135905 on: March 01, 2024, 08:06:08 am »
Unfortunately Bill & Dave were no longer at the helm when HP acquired Compaq. And T&M had already been spun off.

My road to HP started at Philips Information Systems which was acquired by Digital Equipment Corporation, which was acquired by Compaq, which was acquired by HP. Result: an interesting stack of corporate badges and a broad experience with 'executives'. Like Ken Olson, the CEO of DEC, which had the same respect of his employees that Bill and Dave had. But also the universally hated Bob Palmer.

Ah well..
 
The following users thanked this post: shakalnokturn

Offline bd139

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23102
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135906 on: March 01, 2024, 10:01:10 am »
Page 1197

Page 599 here  >:D (old joke, doubt anybody left here remembers :) )

More to the point, somebody sent me that after I mis-remembered what happened 20 years earlier. Good to have that correction.

I don't, never been good at keeping up with the TEA group. Care to point me to the old reference?

Anyone know what bd139 has become? I enjoyed his approach to life (out here) but for all we know he was suicidal...

BU508A kindly pointed this post out to me. I can confirm that I am still alive and not suicidal at all. Also tautech's overview of what happened is pretty accurate. We exist elsewhere, as well as here occasionally. I actually semi-regularly turn up on here, berate some hams and bugger off again once I've filled the tank.

As for me I'm still knee deep in RPN calculators but have dumped most of the TE off and am concentrating on travelling to stupid and dangerous places, getting drunk with middle aged women and, err, some education too.

Edit: and yes I just did buy a 2215A so I can fix an HP41 printer :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 10:02:59 am by bd139 »
 
The following users thanked this post: BU508A, wolfy007, ch_scr, shakalnokturn

Online factory

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3756
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135907 on: March 01, 2024, 12:22:04 pm »
Good to hear you haven't been completely cured.  >:D I'm sure there are lots of TE bargains still to be found where you are.

Didn't know you have been playing with calculators, I can't read about that, due to the decision made early on, to restrict access to non-TE sections for non-members, which I will remain. Please could you convince the forum owner to allow non-members to see forum hosted TE pictures.

If you haven't seen it, there is a (currently) non-working 33E RPN on offer here: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=208978

P.S. Link to the other TEA place, for those that don't know about it; https://teanonymous.com/f1/index.php

David
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 12:27:50 pm by factory »
 
The following users thanked this post: cosmicray, bd139

Online factory

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3756
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135908 on: March 01, 2024, 12:32:47 pm »
Awesome, thanks!

A parcel with the HP sig-gen front panel has arrived today, will open, inspect & repack it tomorrow, for it's journey to Japan, also will look up a suitable tariff code for the customs label.  ;)

David

Nice!

Slow shipping is fine (keep it cheap! :D )
PM me and we can sort out the details. :)

Forgot to post pictures, there was only one in the listing, it's now repacked in a larger box and no longer loose in a box.

David
 
The following users thanked this post: bd139, TERRA Operative

Offline tggzzz

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23122
  • Country: gb
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135909 on: March 01, 2024, 12:39:55 pm »
I actually semi-regularly turn up on here, berate some hams and bugger off again once I've filled the tank.

I liked your pictures of your local mechanisms that could be used for RFC 1149 and RFC 2549 and RFC 6214.

Have you thought of selling those to the fintech industry or VCs?
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less
 

Offline bd139

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23102
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135910 on: March 01, 2024, 10:53:55 pm »
Good to hear you haven't been completely cured.  >:D I'm sure there are lots of TE bargains still to be found where you are.

Didn't know you have been playing with calculators, I can't read about that, due to the decision made early on, to restrict access to non-TE sections for non-members, which I will remain. Please could you convince the forum owner to allow non-members to see forum hosted TE pictures.

If you haven't seen it, there is a (currently) non-working 33E RPN on offer here: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=208978

P.S. Link to the other TEA place, for those that don't know about it; https://teanonymous.com/f1/index.php

David

Well since I posted that I seem to have obtained a Philips PM5705 pulse generator and a Solartron 7150 so definitely not totally cured :)

I have no oversight or control of the forum but there is no harm in signing up. It's fairly active despite the slow looking front page and there are many hidden benefits.

As for calculators I'll leave the current collection here:



The HP Prime G2 is the daily driver. This is doing proper paid work at the moment.

I haven't been active on vintage radio forum for a long time and don't intend to be. The moderati there are somewhat frustrating. I will pass on the 33E. Think I have enough on the go at the moment, including some queued up. But thanks for the heads up :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 10:55:57 pm by bd139 »
 
The following users thanked this post: shakalnokturn, factory

Offline bd139

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23102
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135911 on: March 01, 2024, 10:54:32 pm »
I actually semi-regularly turn up on here, berate some hams and bugger off again once I've filled the tank.

I liked your pictures of your local mechanisms that could be used for RFC 1149 and RFC 2549 and RFC 6214.

Have you thought of selling those to the fintech industry or VCs?

I think they're into a little lower latency  :-DD
 

Offline tggzzz

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23122
  • Country: gb
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135912 on: March 01, 2024, 11:35:22 pm »
I actually semi-regularly turn up on here, berate some hams and bugger off again once I've filled the tank.

I liked your pictures of your local mechanisms that could be used for RFC 1149 and RFC 2549 and RFC 6214.

Have you thought of selling those to the fintech industry or VCs?

I think they're into a little lower latency  :-DD

That's merely sales technique, possibly requiring the right tie, and spectator box at the relevant sorting event.

When I was young, the right blazer was also necessary, but times change.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less
 
The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline Robert763

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3055
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135913 on: March 02, 2024, 10:54:17 am »
Fluke TE arrival.
Made an offer on a bit of Fluke TE late Thursday and it arrived today. It was the second time the item was listed and the start price was well below the typical selling price or the item. This seemed a bit odd. Maybe people thought it was a scam. Maybe it was. Well I rolled the dice and a offer of £85 was accepted. Came Special Delivery. Opened it up and no it wasn't half a brick.
Its a VT04 IR imaging Thermometer  8) OK not a "proper" Thermal imager at 30x 30 resolution, but I have a couple of those (320x240 30fps). It is small , handheld and works. It uses image fusion to make a more usable image. There is also recording to  uSD card and PC connectivity. These normally sell for around £300 on ebay. The VT02 sells for about £150 but is only 16x16 resolution. Oddly the "A" version of the VT04 is lower spec than the straight 04.
Anyway a nice new toy for the toolbox. I'll try it on a PCB soon.
 
The following users thanked this post: factory, duckduck

Offline cosmicray

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 343
  • Country: us
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135914 on: March 02, 2024, 05:56:04 pm »
I actually semi-regularly turn up on here, berate some hams and bugger off again once I've filled the tank.

I liked your pictures of your local mechanisms that could be used for RFC 1149 and RFC 2549 and RFC 6214.

Have you thought of selling those to the fintech industry or VCs?

I think they're into a little lower latency  :-DD
Latency can be improved by introducing some of family Accipitridae into the stream, although at the price of data integrity.
it's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious - R. Rabbit
 
The following users thanked this post: bd139

Online factory

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3756
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135915 on: March 02, 2024, 07:50:29 pm »
Well since I posted that I seem to have obtained a Philips PM5705 pulse generator and a Solartron 7150 so definitely not totally cured :)

I have no oversight or control of the forum but there is no harm in signing up. It's fairly active despite the slow looking front page and there are many hidden benefits.

As for calculators I'll leave the current collection here:



The HP Prime G2 is the daily driver. This is doing proper paid work at the moment.

I haven't been active on vintage radio forum for a long time and don't intend to be. The moderati there are somewhat frustrating. I will pass on the 33E. Think I have enough on the go at the moment, including some queued up. But thanks for the heads up :)

Good to hear you've prevented some more TE being bought by that murderer seller. Used the 7150 many times at work in the past, never had the filter release it's aroma, but one did die from a burnt relay, while I was away from the bench.

Nice collection, only have the one HP calculator here, a 71B, but there are a few Casio and some older VFD ones, need to get them all in one place.

I know what you mean about the radio forum, there is a lot of intolerance to slight off topic and it's the only forum I use that ebay related discussions are a no-no, all because one a-hole threatened the mods many many years ago (before I joined). But it is one of the few places for discussing UK made vintage TE (in one place), I do ignore all the boring AVO VCM topics though, I hate the things, mainly because they are used by many choob rapists flogging them on ePay.
And they did at least dispose of Mr Alias* (a time waster, that thinks everyone else can fix his junk, with no measurements & search google for him, because he can't be arsed) for the second time, something this forum has failed to do.
*not his username, if you look for 7075, you'll find many threads dumped all over the forum, from him.

David
 
The following users thanked this post: bd139, Slh

Offline Zenith

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 752
  • Country: england
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135916 on: March 03, 2024, 06:37:56 am »

I know what you mean about the radio forum, there is a lot of intolerance to slight off topic and it's the only forum I use that ebay related discussions are a no-no, all because one a-hole threatened the mods many many years ago (before I joined). But it is one of the few places for discussing UK made vintage TE (in one place), I do ignore all the boring AVO VCM topics though, I hate the things, mainly because they are used by many choob rapists flogging them on ePay.
And they did at least dispose of Mr Alias* (a time waster, that thinks everyone else can fix his junk, with no measurements & search google for him, because he can't be arsed) for the second time, something this forum has failed to do.
*not his username, if you look for 7075, you'll find many threads dumped all over the forum, from him.

David
I contributed to it for some years. I was interested in comms receivers and TE, not domestic radios and TVs etc.

The ebay episode was about an AJS cat's whisker crystal set sold on ebay for a hefty price, over a ton IIRC, which someone said looked like a fake made last week. It was a fake since AJS never made a crystal set, obvious from a quick web search. They were an offshoot of AJS motorcycles and made battery mains receivers for a few years around the late 20s. There was some discussion about whether the seller was a crook and the buyer a sucker. That's when someone joined specially to complain about the thread, quite likely the buyer or the seller. They went on about the arrogance, the contempt, the rudeness, the libelous accusations and made a very vague threat about how this kind of talk could involve lawyers and a legal action, although it wasn't clear on what grounds or who against.  The moderators and forum owner got the wind up and stopped ebay discussions. I've heard the story retold as a lawyer making a definite threat of serious legal action, but it was just someone venting hot air. The poster didn't identify himself as the buyer or seller or claim to be a lawyer.

I got fed up with the moderation which became excessive and downright rude. For instance, a discussion on side cutters was deemed off-topic and closed. It hadn't gone on for many posts and anyone interested in this game uses side cutters. There were numerous similar examples. Then the mods started to delete posts for reasons they never explained. Then they started to correct posts in red for spelling and grammar, and hilariously, often got it wrong. That was enough for me. It's a shame because the sections I frequented the most were interesting and useful.
 

Offline tggzzz

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23122
  • Country: gb
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135917 on: March 03, 2024, 09:31:08 am »
I actually semi-regularly turn up on here, berate some hams and bugger off again once I've filled the tank.

I liked your pictures of your local mechanisms that could be used for RFC 1149 and RFC 2549 and RFC 6214.

Have you thought of selling those to the fintech industry or VCs?

I think they're into a little lower latency  :-DD
Latency can be improved by introducing some of family Accipitridae into the stream, although at the price of data integrity.

Just so.

From my parent's drive in the middle of a city. She saw me and flew off. Presumably hunger get the better of her because 10 minutes later she returned, and I stuck the camera around the side of the car.

There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less
 
The following users thanked this post: Vince, cosmicray, syau

Offline tggzzz

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23122
  • Country: gb
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135918 on: March 03, 2024, 09:37:29 am »
And they did at least dispose of Mr Alias* (a time waster, that thinks everyone else can fix his junk, with no measurements & search google for him, because he can't be arsed) for the second time, something this forum has failed to do.

Yeah :( That's beginning to occur here too. There's one obvious serial offender, but another couple are hovering in the wings.

It is quite reasonable for a beginner to do that a few times before they learn, and it can be pleasing to help them learn. Less so when a "professional" with (allegedly) many years experience in the field does it.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less
 
The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline TERRA Operative

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4084
  • Country: jp
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135919 on: March 03, 2024, 12:57:50 pm »
Well, we have faringdon et al. who is always good for a laugh and a shake of the head. :-DD
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/
 

Offline tggzzz

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23122
  • Country: gb
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135920 on: March 03, 2024, 01:05:15 pm »
Well, we have faringdon et al. who is always good for a laugh and a shake of the head. :-DD

That's a presumption on your part ;)

I don't find professional "emotional vampires", who unnecessarily suck up other people's valuable attention and time, to be funny.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less
 
The following users thanked this post: bd139, Zenith

Offline bd139

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23102
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135921 on: March 03, 2024, 09:01:14 pm »
Well since I posted that I seem to have obtained a Philips PM5705 pulse generator and a Solartron 7150 so definitely not totally cured :)

I have no oversight or control of the forum but there is no harm in signing up. It's fairly active despite the slow looking front page and there are many hidden benefits.

As for calculators I'll leave the current collection here:



The HP Prime G2 is the daily driver. This is doing proper paid work at the moment.

I haven't been active on vintage radio forum for a long time and don't intend to be. The moderati there are somewhat frustrating. I will pass on the 33E. Think I have enough on the go at the moment, including some queued up. But thanks for the heads up :)

Good to hear you've prevented some more TE being bought by that murderer seller. Used the 7150 many times at work in the past, never had the filter release it's aroma, but one did die from a burnt relay, while I was away from the bench.

Nice collection, only have the one HP calculator here, a 71B, but there are a few Casio and some older VFD ones, need to get them all in one place.

I know what you mean about the radio forum, there is a lot of intolerance to slight off topic and it's the only forum I use that ebay related discussions are a no-no, all because one a-hole threatened the mods many many years ago (before I joined). But it is one of the few places for discussing UK made vintage TE (in one place), I do ignore all the boring AVO VCM topics though, I hate the things, mainly because they are used by many choob rapists flogging them on ePay.
And they did at least dispose of Mr Alias* (a time waster, that thinks everyone else can fix his junk, with no measurements & search google for him, because he can't be arsed) for the second time, something this forum has failed to do.
*not his username, if you look for 7075, you'll find many threads dumped all over the forum, from him.

David

This will be the third I think 7150 I've had. The mains filter is EOL on these but I found a seller on eBay who is selling date coded 2023 ones for £20 a pop which is half the Mouser equivalent price. That and a couple of white LEDs and a clean and it should be good. I'm not doing the whole tear it down and replace everything thing. This is a work machine :)

71B is very nice. I owned one once. The tax office were throwing them out and there was a pile of them at a radio rally in Enfield for £1 a go. Wish I'd bought the lot at current prices.

I've met a couple of people from the vintage radio forum in person and have found them to be nice but the conversation always drifts to how controlling the forum is. I can understand now if there was a threat made but that doesn't really surprise me. Lots of nasty characters out there. I see to bump into a few at hamfests (tggzzz/Robert not included in that group :-DD).

Just found your 7075 thread instantly. I hate people like that. Basically fix it for me. Nope not how it works.
 
The following users thanked this post: factory

Offline bd139

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23102
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135922 on: March 03, 2024, 09:02:41 pm »
Well, we have faringdon et al. who is always good for a laugh and a shake of the head. :-DD

I'm surprised he hasn't electrocuted himself?

Although difficult to get close enough to any volts in the loony bin computer room.
 

Offline bd139

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23102
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135923 on: March 03, 2024, 09:07:41 pm »
Well, we have faringdon et al. who is always good for a laugh and a shake of the head. :-DD

That's a presumption on your part ;)

I don't find professional "emotional vampires", who unnecessarily suck up other people's valuable attention and time, to be funny.

I agree entirely with this. There is a propensity to let it fly but the hours add up and those are subtracted from your finite ones.

I'm more inclined to tear people a new arsehole as I get older for wasting my time because quite frankly if I don't get called out on it their attitude will continue. There's a megawatt of energy at least going into morons fighting over trivial things and that time can be spent better.

On that back to calculating grouped standard deviations by hand (don't ask) :=\
 
The following users thanked this post: factory

Online factory

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3756
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135924 on: March 03, 2024, 09:54:30 pm »
I contributed to it for some years. I was interested in comms receivers and TE, not domestic radios and TVs etc.

The ebay episode was about an AJS cat's whisker crystal set sold on ebay for a hefty price, over a ton IIRC, which someone said looked like a fake made last week. It was a fake since AJS never made a crystal set, obvious from a quick web search. They were an offshoot of AJS motorcycles and made battery mains receivers for a few years around the late 20s. There was some discussion about whether the seller was a crook and the buyer a sucker. That's when someone joined specially to complain about the thread, quite likely the buyer or the seller. They went on about the arrogance, the contempt, the rudeness, the libelous accusations and made a very vague threat about how this kind of talk could involve lawyers and a legal action, although it wasn't clear on what grounds or who against.  The moderators and forum owner got the wind up and stopped ebay discussions. I've heard the story retold as a lawyer making a definite threat of serious legal action, but it was just someone venting hot air. The poster didn't identify himself as the buyer or seller or claim to be a lawyer.

I got fed up with the moderation which became excessive and downright rude. For instance, a discussion on side cutters was deemed off-topic and closed. It hadn't gone on for many posts and anyone interested in this game uses side cutters. There were numerous similar examples. Then the mods started to delete posts for reasons they never explained. Then they started to correct posts in red for spelling and grammar, and hilariously, often got it wrong. That was enough for me. It's a shame because the sections I frequented the most were interesting and useful.

It's mostly the TE section I read/contribute to, haven't repaired a radio for years. Since broadcast radio has been ruined by Global & Bauer Media, buying up every radio station, asset stripping & turning them into non-local & generic shite, I've pretty much lost interest. The only radio receiver I've worked on in the last year is the HP 5090A, which is an off-air standard receiver, the 198kHz conversion PCB was a success, I posted about that both here & there.

The mods of any forum can only follow the rules of the owner.

One of the mods that joined the mod team in the last few year is ex-HP, very knowledgeable, was a designer at South Queensferry until Agilent took over & deleted the factory, AFAIK he isn't on the HPAK groups.io.

It's strange what is allowed & what gets closed, certainly a recent topic on wire-strippers was OK, anything vehicle related (air/sea/land based) that isn't radio/audio related gets locked quickly and discussions of house wiring got banned. Not every ebay mention gets locked or deleted, guess they don't have time to read/deal with everything. I've not seen any spelling/grammar related errors highlighted in red, maybe they stopped doing that IDK. Some of what gets locked/deleted will be due to members complaining as well.

David
 
The following users thanked this post: bd139


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->