Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 36168206 times)

0 Members and 3886 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online TERRA Operative

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4085
  • Country: jp
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135975 on: March 10, 2024, 02:02:09 pm »
So, I've been playing with my new 4263B LCZ meter, and I got the options 001 and 002 enabled (for transformer testing capabilities, and an additional 20kHz test frequency)

I decided to finally get around to learning some Python, so with a lot of help from my brother (he is the programming guru, I'm the hardware dude), I wrote babies first Python script which I posted here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/i_ve-got-a-hacking-challenge-for-you-guys!/msg5383130/#msg5383130

I tried to make it as fool proof as possible, so it should hopefully work well for others too. :)


Anyone who knows Python, take a look at my script and tell me how bad it is....  :-DD
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 02:11:13 pm by TERRA Operative »
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/
 
The following users thanked this post: Ice-Tea, ch_scr, shakalnokturn, URI, duckduck

Offline Vince

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4564
  • Country: fr
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135976 on: March 10, 2024, 02:38:24 pm »
Wow what a beautiful beast, wish I could buy something like that ! :scared:
No, never gonna happen.
At best I am hoping to find one day, an old LCR meter with Nik-c tubes

I am impressed by your Python script ! I know squat about Python, but for someone so S/W-phobic as you, for a first script it's very long !
Newbies are supposed to start with a 5 line long "Hello World!" program... that's how it's always been done since the beginnings of computer languages I think !  ;D

 
The following users thanked this post: TERRA Operative

Offline Robert763

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3055
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135977 on: March 10, 2024, 02:48:17 pm »
After some messing about I've got the R&S AMIQ modulation generator working.
Problems were mostly with the built in PC. Firstly rampant capacitor rot. I replaced 15 electrolytics. Next was a completly seized CPU fan. Fortunatly I had a suitable one in stock. The CPU is a Pentium II so didn't cook even though there was very little heatsink compound on it. The AMIQ ow appeared to boot. Putting a 3.5" floppy with a .IEC file to set the communictions to serial resulted in a trashed floppy  :( So I cleaned the floppy drive. It then read a new floppy disk but would not respond to commands on the serial port. File was correct because a deliberate miss-spelt command gives a flashing LED, the only feedback.
A bit of digging indicated that installing a VGA card and PS2 keyboard would allow some diagnostics. The motherboard has ISA, PCI and AGP slots but only one PCI slot is accessible with the board installed. So checking my stach of vintage hardware I have ISA, AGP and PCIe cards but no PCI  :palm: So I bought a S3 Trio card on ebay. Plugging that and  a keyboard in gives a display and a boot option for the AMIQ or DOS (Caldera DR-DOS 7.03). The AMIQ option accepts commands from the keyboard with feedback on the VGA display. This accepted commands to generate output and also the comms setting. But it still would not accept commands on the serial port. So I tried another laptop PC as terminal using different software still no response from the AMIQ. The laptops talked to eachother confirming good cable. One if them is my go-to old hardware machine. It's an old Sony VAIO PCG which has Serial, Parallel Firewire AND USB ports as well as PCMCIA, CD/DVD and 3.5" floppy drives. With a PCMCIA to CF adaptor it covers pretty much everything natively. 
The copy of DR-DOS on the AMIQ has no utilities etc so I downloaded a copy of DR-DOS 7.03 and booted from floppy and installed a copy of Kermit for MSDOS (remember that?). The AMIQ would transmit data OK but would only receive the first character of a string correctly. Thatcould be a parity or sync issue (parity was none). So I tried the second RS232 port That worked OK but hte AMIQ software uses port 1. Went back to port 1 and it is now working both ways  :-// . So Re-booted from the HDD and all working :D .
Next on the agenda was making an image of the HDD as a back-up. The intention is to fit a CF card as a SSD. The HDD is a 10.2 GB partioned as 4 drives. Three of them, including C:, are 2GB. I don't have a 16GB CF to do a image but as a check I Fdisk'd a 2GB, put DR-DOS on it and copied the AMIQ files. The AMIQ boots and runs on that so I've ordered a 16GB card.
There is a huge libary of waveforms on the HDD. Two, a GSM waveform and 100kHz Sinewave are shown as scope captures of the output below. The R&S PC based software allows you to generate justabout anything you want or import waveforms captured on a scope.
One option for frequently used waveforms without using a PC would be to make up a local control box with a PIC to select from a menu of waveforms and send the appropriate commands to the AMIQ. I need to understand the operation a bit better first.
 
The following users thanked this post: Vince, ch_scr, factory, Kosmic

Online TERRA Operative

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4085
  • Country: jp
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135978 on: March 10, 2024, 03:10:06 pm »
Wow what a beautiful beast, wish I could buy something like that ! :scared:
No, never gonna happen.
At best I am hoping to find one day, an old LCR meter with Nik-c tubes

I am impressed by your Python script ! I know squat about Python, but for someone so S/W-phobic as you, for a first script it's very long !
Newbies are supposed to start with a 5 line long "Hello World!" program... that's how it's always been done since the beginnings of computer languages I think !  ;D



It's one of my problems with getting into programming.... I always have a thing I need to solve, and I don't have time or patience to actually learn the language, I just want to get the thing done.
I know what I want the result to be, but I don't know enough to know what to Google for to find out how...

But when I get it figured out, coding isn't so hard for my simple needs. I just get carried away a bit.... haha
I could have written a really basic bare-bones script, but why do that when you can automate _ALL_ the things! and throw in a bunch of error handling and verification and stuff as well?

Also, feature creep. :-DD


Luckily my brother is really good with software, so he was able to sit on Skype and point me in the right direction and slap me around a bit when I did something dumb in the code. :D
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/
 
The following users thanked this post: Vince, Robert763, Mortymore, URI, m k

Offline m k

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3489
  • Country: fi
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135979 on: March 11, 2024, 12:21:44 pm »
The AMIQ would transmit data OK but would only receive the first character of a string correctly. Thatcould be a parity or sync issue (parity was none). So I tried the second RS232 port That worked OK but hte AMIQ software uses port 1. Went back to port 1 and it is now working both ways  :-// .

Maybe changing ports did the actual settings.
If so then after next boot of the same style you should have the same situation.

Quote
One option for frequently used waveforms without using a PC would be to make up a local control box with a PIC to select from a menu of waveforms and send the appropriate commands to the AMIQ.

For that STM8L etc. discovery board would be pretty optimal.
The first thing I usually miss is a display.

(prev pic was upside down)
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Danbridge-Data Precision-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-OR-X-REO-Schneider-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Topward-Triplett-Tritron-YFE
(plus work shop of the world unknowns)
 
The following users thanked this post: factory

Offline duckduck

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 424
  • Country: us
  • 20Hz < fun < 20kHz, and RF is Really Fun
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135980 on: March 12, 2024, 06:22:56 pm »
I went to the local radio / electronics swap meet last Sunday. The sellers were flogging literally tons of figurative crap but I found a couple of bits. I got a mains / line voltage regulator for cheap and a large aluminum heat sink bigger than my legs. Someone saw me carrying it to the car and asked "What do you need a heat sink that size for?" I replied that nobody needs a heat sink that size.

Back on topic: I saw a Tek 575 curve tracer that was obviously working as it was displaying a trace of a little TO-92 transistor that was plugged into the adapter. It was for sale for USD175. I saw another 575 (powered off but claimed to be working) for USD125. I thought of you, Vince. I stood in front of the powered-on 575 for a few minutes as I figured it might be the first and last time that I ever saw one working in front of me. I had an immediate urge to buy it as it would certainly be very neat and also worth a million internet points here on the TEA forum, but the realities of ownership of such a mighty beast kept me from reaching for my wallet. I'm willing now to take my licks for not buying them both and restoring them to showroom condition.
 
The following users thanked this post: Vince, Mortymore, ch_scr, factory, K0ELB

Offline Vince

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4564
  • Country: fr
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135981 on: March 12, 2024, 06:49:35 pm »
Wow not one but two 575 for pocket money !!!   I would have bought both on the spot and thought about it only later once back home !  :-DD

There is another one that popped up here 4 days ago, looking nice and working fine it appears, but at 400 Euros it's too much for me and the guy of course lives too far away and no shipping obviously.
So I am frustrated....  :(

https://www.leboncoin.fr/bricolage/2584613636.htm

Already 4 days and still not sold, that's most unusual... not so long ago it would have sold within 5 minutes.
Looks like the market crashed, just like it did on your side of the pond from the two you saw for sale.

There is also another one that popped up today... but this one is an old beast... ad is almost two years old now, he keeps posting it regularly.
A barn find, as is, literally, and he wanted 1,500 Euros for it originally, no less ! 4 months ago he lowered the price to "only" 1,000 !  :-DD

https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipements_industriels/2264660895.htm

« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 06:51:52 pm by Vince »
 
The following users thanked this post: K0ELB

Offline shakalnokturn

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2240
  • Country: fr
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135982 on: March 12, 2024, 09:37:13 pm »
Hey Vince, I spotted that 575 too (the one in Fumel).  It's not the first time he puts it on sale either and I think he's lowered the price a little since his last try.
I've been in touch with the seller previously for a THS720, that he let go for 200€ in the end and someone else bought, too bad I already have one anyway, now I'm after the next one up. They're much rarer though...

I'm heading down to see my parents in April and the 575 is on the way, it's a toy I'd actually use sometimes (really! not just convincing myself) so depending on time, availability, last minute planning and cash I may see to taking it off the crashed market. If finances are low on my side at that point do you want me to collect it for you just so it isn't lost ?  ;D
 
The following users thanked this post: Vince, K0ELB

Online TERRA Operative

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4085
  • Country: jp
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135983 on: March 12, 2024, 11:25:08 pm »
I have a calibrated (by me) THS720A hacked to a 720P in a bag with accessories that I want to sell...... ;)
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/
 
The following users thanked this post: shakalnokturn

Offline shakalnokturn

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2240
  • Country: fr
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135984 on: March 13, 2024, 12:46:15 am »
I have a calibrated (by me) THS720A hacked to a 720P in a bag with accessories that I want to sell...... ;)

Is that the one we independently concluded to the same battery compartment improvement on ?
Has yours suffered from offset due to leaky opto's yet ?
That's "P" is small upgrade, I was thinking more of a THS730  ;D besides you're a bit far out if I believe your flag.
I'm sure someone out here will be interested though !
 

Offline K0ELB

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 39
  • Country: us
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135985 on: March 13, 2024, 12:47:24 am »
I got lucky this week and someone posted a Tektronix 532 for $59 on eBay, plus shipping. I took a chance and bought it just for the spare CRT for one of my 575’s. Turns out it’s P2 phosphor so it went right into the better of my two 575’s.

I’ll still fix up the 532 and use it as the home of the P31 CRT that I took out of the 575.
Confirmed Tektronix Addict, currently have in use a 556, RM556, 532x2, 547x2, 545, 575 Mod122C curve tracers x4, Type 130 LC meters x2,75A Power Test Set, Engineering Power Supply, 561A, 564B, 565, 7904, 422, 435 RM503, RM504, RM181, Type 184, Type 114 x2, 067-0502-01, and a bunch of plugins
 
The following users thanked this post: Vince, shakalnokturn, factory, duckduck

Online TERRA Operative

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4085
  • Country: jp
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135986 on: March 13, 2024, 04:48:48 am »
And I'm back on the hunt for a yet another front panel for my HP 8648C signal generator.

After masking off the overlay sticker on the replacement front panel, when stripping the old paint off, the paint stripper got underneath the tape and damaged the overlay. yay....  |O

So, unless I can find somewhere to make a one-off overlay sticker for a reasonable price, I need a new front panel.  :(


[EDIT] I just found the overlay from my original front panel. I think I might be able to use it as it's in prettttyyy good condition....
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 05:32:23 am by TERRA Operative »
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/
 
The following users thanked this post: ch_scr, factory, Peter_O

Offline Peter_O

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 485
  • Country: de
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135987 on: March 13, 2024, 08:36:13 am »
Nice touch, when professional forum members do admit mishaps. Makes rookies feel less humble.   :-+  :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 11:02:02 am by Peter_O »
 

Online TERRA Operative

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4085
  • Country: jp
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135988 on: March 13, 2024, 09:20:18 am »
Haha, I mess up a LOT

I am currently stripping the front panel back to bare metal (the adhesive for the overlay is a bitch to remove... ) so once it is clean, I'll repaint and install the overlay from my broken front panel and all should be right in the world again.
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/
 
The following users thanked this post: ch_scr, Peter_O

Offline tggzzz

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 23122
  • Country: gb
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135989 on: March 13, 2024, 09:46:28 am »
Nice touch, when professional forum members do admit mishaps. Makes rookies feele less humble.   :-+  :)

We have made so many cockups that we only remember the new mistakes.

 :) or :( depending on your mood.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less
 
The following users thanked this post: Peter_O

Offline factory

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3756
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135990 on: March 13, 2024, 10:17:01 am »
I went to the local radio / electronics swap meet last Sunday. The sellers were flogging literally tons of figurative crap but I found a couple of bits. I got a mains / line voltage regulator for cheap and a large aluminum heat sink bigger than my legs. Someone saw me carrying it to the car and asked "What do you need a heat sink that size for?" I replied that nobody needs a heat sink that size.

Back on topic: I saw a Tek 575 curve tracer that was obviously working as it was displaying a trace of a little TO-92 transistor that was plugged into the adapter. It was for sale for USD175. I saw another 575 (powered off but claimed to be working) for USD125. I thought of you, Vince. I stood in front of the powered-on 575 for a few minutes as I figured it might be the first and last time that I ever saw one working in front of me. I had an immediate urge to buy it as it would certainly be very neat and also worth a million internet points here on the TEA forum, but the realities of ownership of such a mighty beast kept me from reaching for my wallet. I'm willing now to take my licks for not buying them both and restoring them to showroom condition.

There have been two 575s sold in the UK in the last few months, both quite rusty in places, the first had some burnt bits inside, the fan removed for some reason (still present) & came with 3 transistor/component adaptors, it made £133.

The second one was even more rusty/corroded, it seemed more complete, it had several ex-vacuum bulbs, but no component adaptors, it made £172.

One of them was posted and you've guessed it the CRT died as a result, the delivery company then promptly despatched the neck from the CRT. This is a reminder to collect these in person if you want one, as the plastic CRT bracket/clamp assembly fails with age.  Picture of the ex-CRT here; https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=208198

David
 

Offline factory

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3756
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135991 on: March 13, 2024, 10:20:35 am »
I have a calibrated (by me) THS720A hacked to a 720P in a bag with accessories that I want to sell...... ;)

Is that the one we independently concluded to the same battery compartment improvement on ?
Has yours suffered from offset due to leaky opto's yet ?
That's "P" is small upgrade, I was thinking more of a THS730  ;D besides you're a bit far out if I believe your flag.
I'm sure someone out here will be interested though !

Someone got a bargain on THS720P with the correct probes, in the offered section here, I did try to buy it, but was unable due to them not wanting the hassle of international shipping.

David
 

Offline factory

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3756
  • Country: gb
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135992 on: March 13, 2024, 10:27:03 am »
And I'm back on the hunt for a yet another front panel for my HP 8648C signal generator.

After masking off the overlay sticker on the replacement front panel, when stripping the old paint off, the paint stripper got underneath the tape and damaged the overlay. yay....  |O

So, unless I can find somewhere to make a one-off overlay sticker for a reasonable price, I need a new front panel.  :(


[EDIT] I just found the overlay from my original front panel. I think I might be able to use it as it's in prettttyyy good condition....

Ouch... good thing you had the original overlay, I'm looking forward to seeing the 8648C front panel repainted & the sig gen reassembled.

David
 

Offline m k

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3489
  • Country: fi
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135993 on: March 13, 2024, 01:05:40 pm »
Nice touch, when professional forum members do admit mishaps. Makes rookies feel less humble.   :-+  :)

If that defines something I've clearly been a rookie over three decades.

My room has a sort of too small fuse, 10A slow.
I've learned that before switching on something peculiar it's better to close your eyes.
It's clearly better to open your eyes to darkness than see it happening.
(some don't like SMPSes as much as some others)
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Danbridge-Data Precision-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-OR-X-REO-Schneider-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Topward-Triplett-Tritron-YFE
(plus work shop of the world unknowns)
 
The following users thanked this post: factory

Offline K0ELB

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 39
  • Country: us
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135994 on: March 13, 2024, 01:17:05 pm »


One of them was posted and you've guessed it the CRT died as a result, the delivery company then promptly despatched the neck from the CRT. This is a reminder to collect these in person if you want one, as the plastic CRT bracket/clamp assembly fails with age.  Picture of the ex-CRT here; https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=208198

David

A friend and I have been working on getting good quality 3D printed replacements for the clamping ring and the ring inside the clamping ring. He’s currently selling the clamping ring on his Etsy shop. The pictures of it installed are of my 575 that we tried it out on. It works great and directly replaces the cracked ring. It’s also reinforced a little to make it stronger.
Confirmed Tektronix Addict, currently have in use a 556, RM556, 532x2, 547x2, 545, 575 Mod122C curve tracers x4, Type 130 LC meters x2,75A Power Test Set, Engineering Power Supply, 561A, 564B, 565, 7904, 422, 435 RM503, RM504, RM181, Type 184, Type 114 x2, 067-0502-01, and a bunch of plugins
 
The following users thanked this post: Vince, ch_scr, duckduck

Offline sarge

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 26
  • Country: us
  • If humans can make it, humans can break it.
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135995 on: March 13, 2024, 02:35:23 pm »
I am revisiting this thread after quite some time of replying last - New location, new house, new addictions. I hate you all, and that's a good thing.
 
The following users thanked this post: Vince, shakalnokturn, TERRA Operative

Online TERRA Operative

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4085
  • Country: jp
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135996 on: March 13, 2024, 02:36:20 pm »
And I'm back on the hunt for a yet another front panel for my HP 8648C signal generator.

After masking off the overlay sticker on the replacement front panel, when stripping the old paint off, the paint stripper got underneath the tape and damaged the overlay. yay....  |O

So, unless I can find somewhere to make a one-off overlay sticker for a reasonable price, I need a new front panel.  :(


[EDIT] I just found the overlay from my original front panel. I think I might be able to use it as it's in prettttyyy good condition....

Ouch... good thing you had the original overlay, I'm looking forward to seeing the 8648C front panel repainted & the sig gen reassembled.

David

Yeah, saved by the spare parts. :D

Looking closely, my old overlay is at least as good as the one on the part you sent, and now I have the overlay removed from the frame, I can really get it stripped back to bare metal and resprayed good and proper, so it'll probably work out better in the end. :)

Maybe I'll bug my neighbour to use his sandblaster to give the new paint a good surface to grip to.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 02:37:57 pm by TERRA Operative »
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/
 

Offline duckduck

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 424
  • Country: us
  • 20Hz < fun < 20kHz, and RF is Really Fun
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135997 on: March 13, 2024, 03:33:50 pm »
Nice touch, when professional forum members do admit mishaps. Makes rookies feel less humble.   :-+  :)

It's been said that an expert in a field is someone who has made every mistake that there is to be made in that field.
 
The following users thanked this post: ch_scr, shakalnokturn

Offline sarge

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 26
  • Country: us
  • If humans can make it, humans can break it.
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135998 on: March 13, 2024, 04:08:17 pm »
Such a true statement. Along the same lines of "I am not a failure, I have succeeded in failing in many ways, before finding the solution."

Totally butchered the original quote I read, but it's almost the same, I think.
 
The following users thanked this post: duckduck

Offline Vince

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4564
  • Country: fr
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #135999 on: March 13, 2024, 06:49:41 pm »
Hey Vince, I spotted that 575 too (the one in Fumel).  It's not the first time he puts it on sale either and I think he's lowered the price a little since his last try.
I've been in touch with the seller previously for a THS720, that he let go for 200€ in the end and someone else bought, too bad I already have one anyway, now I'm after the next one up. They're much rarer though...

I'm heading down to see my parents in April and the 575 is on the way, it's a toy I'd actually use sometimes (really! not just convincing myself) so depending on time, availability, last minute planning and cash I may see to taking it off the crashed market. If finances are low on my side at that point do you want me to collect it for you just so it isn't lost ?  ;D


Wow that's cool !  Yes, let's team up to rescue this puppy !  :D
It's in excellent nick inside out, and clearly is in working order.
Even at 400 it's still a fair price these days, for such an example.
Still a bit expensive for my purse though.

Here is the plan :

1) Figure out the dates at which you will be visiting your parents. I assume (?) you will spend at least a night there, because you love your parents so much and you want to sleep in your old bedroom for a bit of nostalgia. This means you have not one but wo dates at which we can arrange a meet with the seller. That's more flexibility, more chances that we can arrange something with the seller.

2) 10 days before the first of the two dates, the drive down, contact the seller to see if a meet is possible.

3) If so, let's try to bargain him and offer him 300 Euros. You said it's not the first tie he puts it up for sale, and he already lowered the price. So it means he has already acknowledged the fact that he won't be able to sell the thing easily/quickly, nor will he be able to make as much money as he thought. Plus of course he knows, like everybody else, that we live in shit times where the average joe has zero money.
So, he might well accept 300 Euros right now and be done with it, be off-loaded of this boat anchor, rather than be stubborn and leave it at 400 and likely not sell it at all, or not before a year or two...

4) I send you half the sum via Paypal, we are co-owners.

5) You play with it for a bit and once you are bored with it, I send you the remaining 150 and I become the full owner of this beauty  8)

6) Then we have plenty of time to arrange a way to get it to me.... maybe you will visit Saint-Nazaire one day, and we can meet ! >:D
OK not likely, sounds like you are more of a guy with ties in the south...


What do you say, sounds like a plan ?!  >:D


 
The following users thanked this post: shakalnokturn


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->