Author Topic: Flir Tools starting of software not possible - discontinued?  (Read 6780 times)

Offline Sir_Thomas_TMCTopic starter

Flir Tools starting of software not possible - discontinued?
« on: March 04, 2021, 02:06:26 pm »
Hello,

I own a E4 2.0L with Softwareversion 3.16.0

I wanted to open/view some of the pictures I took with Flir Tools, but after installation and reboot on startup of the software (signing in and registration - page) it always tells me my account details are wrong or the account is deactivated. On flir website I only find the comment, that flir tools+ are discontinued. Is this the same for flir tools? Login in on the website is no problem for me, so I habe the correct account details and it is activated.
 :-\

Any one of you able to use flir tools?

Regards
Thomas

Offline Thomas

• Regular Contributor
Re: Flir Tools starting of software not possible - discontinued?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 11:32:43 am »
I had the same issue with a C5 and latest Flir Tools. I sent a mail to Flir, this is their response:
Hello Thomas,

Thank you for contacting FLIR Technical Support.
We are going to send you a password reset e-mail to do the following steps:

Click the password reset link.
Once the page ask you to enter the new password, you are going to type the same password that is working to log in on our web sites.
Save the changes.
Update you profile and then save the changes.
Try to log in again of FLIR Tools.

If you get an error message saying "the password does not match the password that we have for you",  open the link on a different Internet browser.

Let us know if the issue persist after this.
So I guess you could request a password reset and follow the instructions they sent me? Should work for you too?

Offline SpottedDick

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 01:32:33 pm »
Nope, I tried creating three new accounts and multiple password resets. Still wouldn't let me in.

Before I tell you the workaround, I just want to recommend you switch to a third party tool asap and NEVER rely on any software from Flir going forward.

Workaround. Either disconnect your internet or block flir tools from seeing the internet in your firewall. If it thinks it's offline it will bypass the log in screen as they can't collect metrics on you anyway.

The following users thanked this post: Thomas, Fraser, Zbig, WizardTim, Sir_Thomas_TMC

Offline Scuddles

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 09:59:03 am »
I've got an old version of FLIR Tools (4.0.13330.1003). I don't remember having to log in in order to use it.
When trying to get FLIR Tools installed on another machine I ran into this same problem with version 5.13 and above.
Perhaps getting an older version will help, but I don't remember exactly where I got mine from. I think I got mine while liberating my E5 but I couldn't find it in the threads again whenever I looked.
Perhaps someone else has some idea if there is an installer for this older version floating around?

Offline SpottedDick

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 12:19:06 pm »
Does it need an installer? Do you want to PM me? I wouldn't mind a copy of that program folder.

Offline RO

• Contributor
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 10:03:53 pm by RO »

The following users thanked this post: Sir_Thomas_TMC

Offline Ben321

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 10:27:59 am »
Just turn off your wi-fi connection in Windows, then start FLIR Tools, then type in anything for username and password. At this point, FLIR Tools will get to the main screen. After that, just reconnect your wi-fi.

The following users thanked this post: Sir_Thomas_TMC

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 04:01:05 pm »
Workaround. Either disconnect your internet or block flir tools from seeing the internet in your firewall. If it thinks it's offline it will bypass the log in screen as they can't collect metrics on you anyway.
Thanks for info, and I appreciate your recommendation to not using flir (which I seem have to follow anyway). As I tried to start the software without connection to the internet, still the corresponding log-in screen came up.

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 04:04:05 pm »
Just turn off your wi-fi connection in Windows, then start FLIR Tools, then type in anything for username and password. At this point, FLIR Tools will get to the main screen. After that, just reconnect your wi-fi.
This helped! I guess the other guy did mean the same. I had not tried to just enter anything and then press the button.  :)

Offline WizardTim

• Contributor
    • WizardTim [YouTube]
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2021, 10:19:08 am »
Thanks for this thread, I wish I found it three hours ago… Was trying to install FLIR Tools on a new computer and it said my credentials were invalid or disabled account, password reset page was broken but could still login on FLIR website. Ended up spending way too long trying to use the new ‘FLIR Thermal Studio Suite’ only to realise the ‘free’ version doesn’t let you look at live radiometric data without a dirty great big DEMO watermark… But the disconnect from internet trick worked a treat for me! I didn’t think this would work because the FLIR FAQ says “After December 31, 2021 you will need to use the off-line credentials to log-in. Please visit flir.custhelp.com for more information and instructions.” So I thought I would need an offline activation code or something like in ‘FLIR Thermal Studio Suite’.

You’d think if FLIR cared about their customers they would release a final update to remove the online DRM? But I guess breaking their old software probably increases adoption of their new subscription-based software… In 2019 I almost spent the $500 for FLIR Tools+ but didn’t trust FLIR for exactly this reason, glad I didn’t otherwise I’d be real pissed.

Offline sleepiejak

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2023, 04:24:22 pm »
I just to say that the bypass still works. if anyone knows of a way to edit the files to skip it completely that would be awesome.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf