Author Topic: OpenIRV. ISC0901B0 (Autoliv NV3, FLIR E4/5/6/8) based opensource thermal camera  (Read 114434 times)

Offline VGNTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
There are 4 groups of 336*256*9byte data in FLASH, are they encrypted bias data?
Not only bias, also complex offset table, some kind of gain, etc. There 4 tables to cover wide temperature ranges. Original tables are quite complex, as I understand they have precalculated offset values to minimize requirement of frequent shutter calibration. I decided not to use this model. Bias, gain and offset table is enough for hand device.

Hi Vaagn,
do you think it is possible to order the stencils for most of the PCB‘s ?
I think otherwise it is a pain to assemble them.

Hello. I haven't decided yet. At least I'm going to opensource stencil gerbers. But not sure if it going to be included in KIT. On the other hand, you are right, assembling M-board and P-board is a pain, though I have assembled them without stencils.

Concernig project news, will make an update on this weekend.

The following users thanked this post: RO

Offline horstmannhid

• Contributor
Hello. I haven't decided yet. At least I'm going to opensource stencil gerbers. But not sure if it going to be included in KIT. On the other hand, you are right, assembling M-board and P-board is a pain, though I have assembled them without stencils.

Hi, would be great if you could just release the stencil gerbers. So evererybody who needs this can order it by themselve. It wont be that expensive. I want to use my reflow oven for assembly. Thanks for your answer. I‘m already excited about the news coming about the new development status.

Offline VGNTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi, would be great if you could just release the stencil gerbers. So evererybody who needs this can order it by themselve. It wont be that expensive. I want to use my reflow oven for assembly. Thanks for your answer. I‘m already excited about the news coming about the new development status.

Stencils are uploaded: https://github.com/OVGN/OpenIRV/tree/master/HW/gerbers/stencils

The following users thanked this post: horstmannhid

Offline VGNTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Added JTAG passive adapter board schematics: https://github.com/OVGN/OpenIRV/tree/master/docs/schematics

Offline ckambiselis

• Regular Contributor
Hi,
Are you still "taking orders" for this, I have an E4 for some time and a NV3 coming in a few days and would be interested.

Oscar

The following users thanked this post: ddrl46

Offline VGNTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I'm sorry for disappearing, I could not get out from the shock and stupor last two weeks.

I hadn't found a spoiler tool in message edit mode, that's why I hided the beginning of this post in a the attached txt. Read txt first.

Nevertheless:

1. I'm not going to stop working at this project.

2. I need some time to find a way to ship KITs.

3. In fact I already have everything to continue software development. Some progress with software will be published within 2 weeks.

4. I don't want to let people down, who like this project and already bought cameras to get them work.
Stay sure that in the worst case I will just opensource everything that I have.

5. I got a lot of email last two weeks and will send reply within this week.

6. I barely had a chance to manufacture and test JTAG adapter.

Offline alcs2000au

• Contributor
Thanks for the update! Feeling with you and hoping everything works out and you can continue your awesome work! Looking forward to it  :)

The following users thanked this post: VGN

Offline sslupsky

• Contributor
Please stay safe.

Offline VGNTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hello everyone.
Some news.

1. Right now there is no realistic way to send PCBs to backers and receive payments.
That's why I decided to share all gerbers + PCB stack details, i.e. eveything you need to purchase PCB manufaturing.
I will not commit gerbers to github for now. If you would like to get gerbers, just email me. You can find my email in the attached pictures in the first post of this thread.

2. I'm was pretty overloaded by daily job, that's why software development was paused...
I hope to have much more free time by the end of this week. At least I must finish bootloader firmware, that will help to bring-up the hardware.

P.S. I'm really sorry for this situation, but this is the best thing I can do now for you and this project.
Thanks for understanding.

Best regards

The following users thanked this post: ckambiselis, newex, dmendesf, ArsenioDev, Denis_K, RO, gsumner, Kurt-Guo

Offline RO

• Contributor
Please do not apologise after already putting in this amount of effort, and sharing and open sourcing so much information already.

Your work is awesome!

I can not deny, I to would like to have my hands on it sooner then later, and every update message I rush to the board hoping to finally have something for my expensive paperweight autoliv... But let's be honest, that's because I lack most if not all the skills you have, and can't even get the damn thing booted properly.

I am mostly glad you haven't abandoned the project (but didn't think you would) grateful for your updates and looking forward to your product :)

The following users thanked this post: LesioQ, VGN, Kurt-Guo

Offline gsumner

Hi All, A little while ago I received my flex boards back, the holes are unfortunately a little undersized but I don't really want to pay for round 3! They will still press-fit over the pins, I just have to hope they're functionally correct now.

Does anyone else have a Tau 2? I intend to open up the design if the adaptor works correctly and am wondering if there's interest.

The following users thanked this post: ArsenioDev, VGN

Offline VGNTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hello everyone!

I have already shared gerbers to people who asked me and will continue to do it.

One more VERY important thing. As you know, to bring a single PCB set cost down you should order as huge volumes as possible. That's why:
1. I won't mind if you combine orders to keep the price as low a possible. You could probably cooperate within a country, or continent, ha-ha))
2. Feel free to use this thread to collect orders.

Best regards!

The following users thanked this post: Denis_K, gsumner

Offline gsumner

Hi, does anyone from the UK want to combine orders? I'm looking at Euro Circuits and for the M-Board (8 layer) alone it's ~£310 (5x) or ~£350 (10x). Quite a bit unless we have a few people.

I don't think it'd make sense for me to order for EU people, customs would cost everyone more. If there are lots of EU orders I'd be happy to join in on an EU order, it'd probably still work out better if there's good volume.

Offline svgurus

• Regular Contributor
Does anyone else have a Tau 2?
I have tau1 640 which has broken ribbon cable connector on green board, does your solution fit tau1?)
If anyone from Russia/Belarus has spare autoliv nv3 lens, I'd buy it or trade for my nv2 lens or lens + some case details. I also have some interest in nv1 lens, especially if its not m34 or is machineable down to m30-32
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 05:15:37 pm by svgurus »

The following users thanked this post: gsumner

Offline Chanc3

• Frequent Contributor
I'm in the UK and possibly interested... Just need more spare time and funds for this project.

Offline gsumner

I have tau1 640 which has broken ribbon cable connector on green board, does your solution fit tau1?)
I'm not sure sorry, I've never seen a Tau 1. I think you'd have to replicate the investigation I did earlier in the thread. I don't even know if the adaptor works with the Tau 2 yet though ;D I guess as long as the power lines are correct the rest could be sorted in the fpga? I think this pdf: https://flir.netx.net/file/asset/12412/original/attachment suggests the Tau 2 is an incremental upgrade over Tau 1. It does mention higher frame rates but all the features look like they could be fpga improvements to me. Anyone else know?

I'm in the UK and possibly interested... Just need more spare time and funds for this project.
This project will help you see how quickly you're burning through money though

The following users thanked this post: svgurus

Offline NVTech

I’m from the U.K.
If we can get the prices down I’d be interested in buying 2 kits.

The following users thanked this post: VGN, gsumner

Offline OC

Hi all.

I'm from the UK and would also be interested in 1 or 2 kits.

Cheers

Offline Kurt-Guo

Hi, guys.
I'm in China and I just asked about the price of the 8 layers M and P board.
If I can combine the M and P board Gerber files together. I can get both boards for about 1900RMB(50Pcs in 48 hours, mat black with 1μm gold).
And if only ship the M and P board, I think it is OK to just ship it with tracked airmail so the shipping cost should be relatively low.
Let me know if there is anyone interested in getting the board together.

The following users thanked this post: ddrl46, gsumner

Offline LesioQ

• Regular Contributor
  • Every king should be naked.
If I remember correctly, shipping from China is usually cheap .... ?  :-+ :--
So how it boils down to single kit numbers, shipped, estimate USD/EUR/PayPal ?

Offline Denis_K

Hello!
I join those who want and plan to make OPenIRV camera.

I bought one NV3 camera for the project, but it turned out to be corroded inside, including the sensor, although it looked good on the outside.

I also bought an NV1 camera (BMW 6654696982401) to study it.
As it turned out, it has a video DAC adv7127 and control is via the LIN bus. Unfortunately, I don’t have a control unit from it, so I don’t have any data on the exchange protocol, if someone has robbed volume data on the LIN bus, then please share)
Inside the NV1 camera, an FPGA from Altera EP1C12 is used, and a CPLD from Xilinx xc2c128, which is in the same JTAG circuit with ALTERA and is probably used to fill it with a configuration from a parallel CFI compatible FLASH.

The hardware of the NV1 looks exactly like the PCB from the PatnfindIR camera, which does not require activation and produces video immediately after being turned on. My idea is to copy the contents of flash memory from PathfindIR to FLASH Autoliv NV1 to end up with a camera that outputs video without any external commands)

But there are 2 problems:

1. I have not yet been able to figure out how to read data from flash memory via JTAG (I could only read CPLD). A rough solution is to unsolder FLASH and read / write with a programmer.

2. I don't have a PatnfindIR camera. If any of you have, could you get the data from the flash memory?

The sensor from the first generation camera does not have a voltage of 3.3 volts, but has 5 volts. I attached my observations on the pins in the photo.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 05:21:09 pm by Denis_K »

Offline MIKUTA

Hi, Denis_K
 I have a control unit and camera removed from the same vehicle. I know that night vision is activated when certain data is sent to a specific address, but I feel that I also need a switch on the driver's side to see that data. I will let you know if I make any progress.
1484671-0" alt="" class="bbc_img" />

The following users thanked this post: Denis_K

Offline newex

• Contributor
Could you share a CPLD dump?

Offline Denis_K

The following users thanked this post: newex, zrq

Offline Citizen

Excellent, I'm just blown away by the work done. I myself have implemented several simpler projects (PCB design, C programming, case, cooling) - I know it's very difficult!
The zoom capabilities are amazing!
Impressed by the beauty of PCB design, I myself am engaged in PCB design, but I don’t know how to be so beautiful. Previously I worked with Altium and Eagle, but now I do many projects on EasyPCB - I like that you can easily share the project as on github, as well as order partial mounting of SMD components on one layer - this saves a lot of time during assembly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf