Author Topic: Old IBM compatible PC/XT/AT cards  (Read 35200 times)

Offline electronicsguy123

Re: Old IBM compatible PC/XT/AT cards
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2023, 08:26:37 am »
Scan of the magazine article

Offline Phil_G

• Regular Contributor
  • G4PHL
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2023, 01:50:30 pm »
I have the Maplin 8255 card here on my desk & was thinking how useful it was back in the day. We used to do all sorts of tricks with the IBM printer port (parallel, lpt, centronics) but this was a dedicated I/O board which was really nice.
Heres the full article:

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2023, 02:22:30 pm »
Just seeing this old thread since it was bumped recently.

I've collected and discarded countless old ISA, MicroChannel, AGP, and other legacy cards since the 80's.

Joe showed an IRMA card in his first post, which is what prompted me to respond. Back in the mid-80's I interned (later hired, but didn't stay long) for ICOT Network Systems which was probably IRMA's biggest competitor in 3270 cards. I wrote the character generator software (in x86 assembler) for those cards. I still have a greenbar printout of that asm code somewhere. Preserved for posterity, as it was my first "commercial" software product that I wrote entirely by myself. :)

Offline Canis Dirus Leidy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2023, 09:25:02 pm »
Some old graphics card. The seller claims that it's a HGC clone.
1927476-0

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2023, 08:16:30 pm »
thoses capacitors are huge  loll

you have an pcie to isa interface ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324941937180?

Offline Canis Dirus Leidy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2023, 07:43:54 am »
thoses capacitors are huge  loll
(In)Famous К10-7В (AKA "little flags" or "clay capacitors").

In continuation of the "horrors of our town" theme:
PDP-11 for IBM PC/AT (It's not mine, so I can't tell if it's an original or a modern replica).
SM5300 tape drive interface board.
QBUS МПИ adapter board

Offline DavidKo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2024, 12:17:17 pm »
I have not burned a CD in over 10 years and was looking forward to some much needed improvements in this area.   The new PC that is now almost 6 years old, running Windows 10, I have managed to put three CDs to the dumpster so far.   Some cryptic message because there is still not enough space on a hard drive to actually add some useful error messages.   I was going to try a small R/W disc but the idiots who designed the PC mounted the drives vertical rather than horz.  The disc fell into the drive as expected.  lol.   So it's sitting on top of a glass of water.   lol.   Of course, that failed as well.

I have a new burner sitting in a box.  Too bad it's not SATA and the new PC only supports SATA.   

:-DD :-DD :-DD

I use SATA to PATA adapter for my LiteOn.  Something like this

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2024, 05:36:55 pm »
I have not burned a CD in over 10 years and was looking forward to some much needed improvements in this area.   The new PC that is now almost 6 years old, running Windows 10, I have managed to put three CDs to the dumpster so far.   Some cryptic message because there is still not enough space on a hard drive to actually add some useful error messages.   I was going to try a small R/W disc but the idiots who designed the PC mounted the drives vertical rather than horz.  The disc fell into the drive as expected.  lol.   So it's sitting on top of a glass of water.   lol.   Of course, that failed as well.

I have a new burner sitting in a box.  Too bad it's not SATA and the new PC only supports SATA.   

:-DD :-DD :-DD

I use SATA to PATA adapter for my LiteOn.  Something like this

you have some bidirectional ones too, pata to sata or sata to pata ...   cheap prices,  i have some of them saved me a few times
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 05:38:32 pm by coromonadalix »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf