Author Topic: Why are people angry at Greece? What is going on in the EU  (Read 21702 times)

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Re: Why are people angry at Greece? What is going on in the EU
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 06:33:26 am »
CAT III 600V condoms

Those would sell like hotcakes on thinkgeek. You might be on to something!
I can't help being curious now, I wonder what the breakdown voltage is for the average condom.

oh dear a debate about politics turned to condoms hahahaha that's so funny. Your probably also going to be asking the the dielectric specs. next  :D

Offline kc1980

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 06:42:47 am »
wow, some of us have a way with words.... :-X

Better yet, what's the condom's impedance at resonance frequency?  I wouldn't want to throw arcs across the room. :-*

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 11:36:37 am »
"impedance at resonance frequency?"
at first... what's its resonance frequency? if its somewhere near KHz magnitude or greater, then we shouldnt worry about... unless its in the range 10Hz or lower. And even, at near 10Hz, only a superman can reach that, i think :D

0.5-1 Hz depends the levels of excitation and thermal conditions at about 0.6 Hz it will tend to increase slightly in volume

Offline VladKEasternTigerTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 12:36:09 pm »

No I am not going to scream  " Make Sex " and no War ...  but having Sex its not a bad idea   ;D ;D ;D ;D

well it's the one pleasurable activity that does not cost.

Haha Only if your good looking like me 8)
Otherwise you gotta pay to get laid

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 12:41:37 pm »

It is entirely possible -- but not plausible --  for all nations to agree to stop military spending and invest the saving directly into healthcare, public infrastructure, R&D, etc.  Overwhelmingly, technological progress enables humans to enjoy a high standard of living.  It is also true that as a nation's standard of living increases, the nation's birth rate decreases, which improves the per-capita wealth -- in real terms. 
Off my soapbox...

well might not be the case in the UK where having children is a good money earner with our current welfare system, so we have lots of children who are not really brought up very well running around with the best they can get of technology (which is ever cheaper due to the high turnover of technological sales and the high speed at which goods are thrown away even in this recession) but without the foggiest how any of it works and with very little basic skills in life.

True where I live they are lots of young and middle aged girls who have lots of children and are pregnant every year to different fathers, all the children look different, black, white, mixed..... also these people dont work yet own expensive Japanese made technology such as Sony playstations, Mobile Phone, Wide screen television with Plasma, You get my point.

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2010, 03:42:22 pm »
It looks that the  " CAT III 600V condoms " turned out as an successful one   ;D

But lets limit the conversation to the thread tittle ,  we are all guests here,
and we have to keep the balance between  "fun & serious"  by our own selfs.

Thanks.  ;)

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 05:26:53 pm »

It is entirely possible -- but not plausible --  for all nations to agree to stop military spending and invest the saving directly into healthcare, public infrastructure, R&D, etc.  Overwhelmingly, technological progress enables humans to enjoy a high standard of living.  It is also true that as a nation's standard of living increases, the nation's birth rate decreases, which improves the per-capita wealth -- in real terms. 
Off my soapbox...

well might not be the case in the UK where having children is a good money earner with our current welfare system, so we have lots of children who are not really brought up very well running around with the best they can get of technology (which is ever cheaper due to the high turnover of technological sales and the high speed at which goods are thrown away even in this recession) but without the foggiest how any of it works and with very little basic skills in life.

True where I live they are lots of young and middle aged girls who have lots of children and are pregnant every year to different fathers, all the children look different, black, white, mixed..... also these people dont work yet own expensive Japanese made technology such as Sony playstations, Mobile Phone, Wide screen television with Plasma, You get my point.

of course if your quick off the mark and get pregnant at 16 claiming that the father was 13 at the time of conception you get lots of money from the newspapers as well for taking the piss out of the country when it turns out that the "dad" was another 16 year old and well lots of those around !

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 06:49:26 pm »
Well from the latest TV News , Spain announced similar financial measures, as Greece.

Cutting down salary's -5% ,  the government salary -15% ,  one contribution of 2.500EUR for every new born child , and possibly few more.

Lastly they said that it was Obama's idea , that the " European Leaders"  should unite and help its other with one tremendous amount of money , so to force the bad guys to stop pushing the Euro to hell ..

Yes thats the news , but unfortunately I am aware of the truth.

And the truth are that even if the Greek economy was not at it best ,
the dearest " Goldman Such "  are the major responsible,  for the attach in the Greek economy,
and by playing games  with the other " Good Boys " as "Leeman Brothers",
they managed to create an " totally fake " Crisis , and drive the government to act by getting extreme financial measures against the citizens.

The  " Goldman Such " had offer an tremendous financial help at Obama's elections campaign.

Who is kidding who ?

Never the less , all Greeks knows very well who is the enemy ,  and even if we do not have here "fake wars" with weapons ,  the financial  "fake wars"  ,  its what all should  watch out, from now and on.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 07:09:11 pm »
basically the banks created non existant money for the future on the basis that they would get that money back from people to whom they had sold very risky mortgages and loans they could not possibly repay, when the cash did not appear it all went down in a chain, the banks should have more reserve funds but that means lending less and making less money. The world will always be an unpleasant place for those without a lot of money because it has is and will always be run by money, politics is just a show to make people think they live in a democracy.

Offline XynxNet

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 07:44:57 pm »
Back to the original topic...
Greece is just a convenient scapegoat.
It is an economically and politicaly rather "weak" country and obviously really made some mistakes. Because of that as a politician or media-guy you can hammer at greece without risking a major penalty. (Imagine what would happen if the us, uk, france or germany were similiar targeted by foreign politicians or the media.)
The scapegoat part is, that politicians around the world can hide their own responsibilities and problems behind the case greece. So the US doesn't talk about the responsibility of their own financial firms for this economy crisis or their institutional procedure of letting the world pay their depts. The german government doen't need to talk about their streak of annually records of new depths. The UK doesn't need to talk about the resonsibility of their financial "industrie", or for that matter about fucking up their whole economy by major deindustrialization efforts in the last decades.....

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2010, 09:13:17 pm »
The UK doesn't need to talk about the resonsibility of their financial "industrie", or for that matter about fucking up their whole economy by major deindustrialization efforts in the last decades.....

I agree and the same happened also with Spain ..

But there is a good reason ...  They had colonies  , they never helped their own people by being productive.
They was using the cheap labor at the colonies .. and their resources  , so to become wealthy .
Now that China offers cheaper labor ,  all those countries who was base their " development " by suppressing the colonies , lost all their financial power.

I know that I do simplify things by allot, but the language does not helping me much at such subjects.

" deindustrialization "  yes  we have plenty , simply because every one found the smartest way for relaxed cash ....  "Stock Holder "  " Investor "  the most relaxed jobs ...  let the other ones to kill them selfs so to build  ....   we  ( the "Stock Holders "  " Investor's " ), we will just make the easy  profit , the easy " Do " (dollar) .

The tragic mistake in this story , are that millions of people , who gave their own financial power , to be controlled my the thieves  who called as banks.

And now we pay the price ...  

There is only one way to stop this monster , that we have helped to become that big.
Its to remove all the cash from the banks , to cash out any stocks , and to start helping its other by starting new productive business ,  that haves to do with simple stuff ,  like food production .

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:20:18 pm by Kiriakos-GR »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2010, 09:34:11 pm »
basically the banks created non existant money for the future on the basis that they would get that money back from people to whom they had sold very risky mortgages and loans they could not possibly repay, when the cash did not appear it all went down in a chain, the banks should have more reserve funds but that means lending less and making less money. The world will always be an unpleasant place for those without a lot of money because it has is and will always be run by money, politics is just a show to make people think they live in a democracy.

I know im going off topic of what I originally started but dont you think the actual Compound Interest System is to blame here? The banks lend money to someone 10k that someone lends it to someone else and gets interest, that someone else lends it to someone else that gets interest and so fourth, my point is this is a domino cycle and 1 problem can damage the chain. How can people pay a loan after the time and interest added to it by the time its finished it would be 4  times as much as the original. I just think somethings wrong with the foundation of this interest based system, forgive me if I sound insane but I read my Bible and Urusy is mentioned as forbidden

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2010, 09:40:20 pm »
The UK doesn't need to talk about the resonsibility of their financial "industrie", or for that matter about fucking up their whole economy by major deindustrialization efforts in the last decades.....

I agree and the same happened also with Spain ..

But there is a good reason ...  They had colonies  , they never helped their own people by being productive.
They was using the cheap labor at the colonies .. and their resources  , so to become wealthy .
Now that China offers cheaper labor ,  all those countries who was base their " development " by suppressing the colonies , lost all their financial power.

I know that I do simplify things by allot, but the language does not helping me much at such subjects.

" deindustrialization "  yes  we have plenty , simply because every one found the smartest way for relaxed cash ....  "Stock Holder "  " Investor "  the most relaxed jobs ...  let the other ones to kill them selfs so to build  ....   we  ( the "Stock Holders "  " Investor's " ), we will just make the easy  profit , the easy " Do " (dollar) .

The tragic mistake in this story , are that millions of people , who gave their own financial power , to be controlled my the thieves  who called as banks.

And now we pay the price ...  

There is only one way to stop this monster , that we have helped to become that big.
Its to remove all the cash from the banks , to cash out any stocks , and to start helping its other by starting new productive business ,  that haves to do with simple stuff ,  like food production .

Yes Im fully aware Spain bled the colonies in south and central america dry but now these colonies have fought hard, if you look at it countries like the uk and holland have exploited africa but now Africa is doing trade with China, people dont really need countries like the uk anymore. Look at the pound shops/dollar stores all these products on the shelfs are from the far East.

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2010, 09:40:42 pm »
someone else lends it to someone else that gets interest and so fourth

If I am the bank , and offer my money , to some one that he is known , that he is unable to pay them back.

I DO SO , because I am planing to get his house , and everything that he has ...

SO I PLAN TO MURDER MY CUSTOMER , IS THAT E LEGAL ?

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2010, 09:49:43 pm »
Yes Im fully aware Spain bled the colonies in south and central america dry but now these colonies have fought hard, if you look at it countries like the uk and holland have exploited africa but now Africa is doing trade with China, people dont really need countries like the uk anymore. Look at the pound shops/dollar stores all these products on the shelfs are from the far East.

I agree on that too , the UK has nothing to offer as original products , that why they had become Bankers , stock holders  - investors .
They play with the money too.
And now they are ready to collapse.
And the sad part is that they did not support the European Union , and they will fall alone with out help from any one. 

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2010, 05:44:41 am »
actually England is a member of the EU I believe, it costs us £40M a day and to have most of our laws made by france-germany-belgium, aka the countries that pretty much run the EU, what we were not silly enough to do was get the Euro. So we pay £40M a day, get told what to do by other countries and if the country collapses they won't care, nice little fraternity the EU is ! or perhaps it is the EEC (in any case they tell us who we can and can't trade with those who are older than I will remember what happened when we got into this mess and how much better we were off before it!)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 06:53:28 am by Simon »

Offline Ferroto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2010, 12:42:41 pm »
actually England is a member of the EU I believe, it costs us £40M a day and to have most of our laws made by france-germany-belgium, aka the countries that pretty much run the EU, what we were not silly enough to do was get the Euro. So we pay £40M a day, get told what to do by other countries and if the country collapses they won't care, nice little fraternity the EU is ! or perhaps it is the EEC (in any case they tell us who we can and can't trade with those who are older than I will remember what happened when we got into this mess and how much better we were off before it!)
Thus confirming my theory that the EU is an extortion racket of epic proportions.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 01:02:52 pm by Ferroto »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 04:17:58 pm »
if you ask your parents about what happened when the UK joined the EEC you will be horrified (unless of course your old enough to remember) Britain was doing just fine and free to trade with whom it wanted, we had to stop making our own milk or get fined ! can you believe it ? we had to buy our meat off the French but when good were sent to France the farmers destroyed it.

The idea of the Euro is that Europe was economically united, how can that be so when prices differ so much from one country to another. The initial exchange was set for each country to make prices equal, but they are not. Unless there is just one government in the whole of europe it will never be united economically. There is nothing wrong with individual countries that are strong acting individually but of course with respect for neighbouring countries. Hell America has never paid into the UN but if America goes to war on a whim so does europe.

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2010, 06:32:17 pm »
Wow  thats sound familiar ...

Hey Europeans ... make the perfect community , the perfect laws , and we will join in.

The European community had make and mistakes too, we are all so deferent , and takes time to become familiar with the problems of the neighbor .

15 years back the EU had pay money to Greece, so to destroy an portion of orange trees , and to to destroy an portion of fishing boats too.

Yes it was mistakes ... but we have to move on .    

I believe that the European Union after this crisis , it would be the best place to live in.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 06:39:25 pm by Kiriakos-GR »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2010, 06:54:13 am »

Yes it was mistakes ... but we have to move on .    

I believe that the European Union after this crisis , it would be the best place to live in.

I doubt it, why should a country DESTROY (kill) its livestock and smash essential things like fishing boats because another one says: I don't want you to make that for yourself you must buy it from me, but when you send me your goods I will destroy them. There are third world countries dying of starvation and we destroy food and means of procuring food to satisfy someone else economic wants. This world is seriously broke !

The human memory is so short. We have just had the elections in Britain. Who did the idiots in this country vote for ? the people who took the piss the most with their expenses claims and showed clearly that they did not care about us but only about how much money they could rake off people who are struggling to survive as it is while they earn millions a year before being politicians. the human being and in particular the British variant is a self destructive ass-hole !!!

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2010, 12:49:19 pm »
I have very nice and positive ideas , about how to turn the European union in to a better mechanism.

I could burn my oranges , if Europe was buying all my cotton first ,
instead of getting low quality from Africa !!

But this is not the right place to expand my views ... What I do in praxis , are to vote for the local political party, that has or shares my values and points of view.

Thats why I encourage the people and the young ones , to start participating in every function of democracy ,  so to fight and protect it , as watchers.

Behind every ugly decision of the European Union council , are hiding bankers and gamblers,
we should throw them out , by participating .

If you let the sheep unguarded even for a single night , the Woolf it will get it.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2010, 05:48:59 pm »
in England it is a job to get people to vote, and even then some polling stations could not cope ! really the UK is heading towards being a 3rd world country

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2010, 11:01:54 pm »
in England it is a job to get people to vote, and even then some polling stations could not cope ! really the UK is heading towards being a 3rd world country

Explain why you choose to live there then I presume you are Italian?

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2010, 07:27:32 am »

Explain why you choose to live there then I presume you are Italian?

No I'm British but had one Italian grandmother and "spent time" in Italy so can speak for both sides. in Italy it is also a job to get people to vote but I think that the British society has become less interested in it's duty than the Italian. In fact for all that people assume this country is great I have seen many stupid things in the UK that in Italy are just done logically, the UK has really been taken over by purely commercial interests and life just takes the piss

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2010, 09:54:34 am »
the UK has really been taken over by purely commercial interests and life just takes the piss
;D ;D ;D

I has hopping for one more romantic answer ..
Like ... I love Big Ben ... fish and chips ...Red buses ...  and to waving my hand at the Queen and all the Royal Puppet show ..    :D :D :D

In my life , I had an English person as partner for five months ( He was electrician ) , also I had as customers , about 30 families of English people , and many other nationality s .
As I had a business in one Greek "heavily Touristic" as destination Island, that called as Skiathos ..
And so, because I was the only multi-language repair man in electronics , I become easily popular .
And I had the chance to be close to all , and  get from first hand "the picture"  of how they  act - react - think - and behave.    
I kept there my own business running for two years , plus the partnership time ,
I stayed there for an total of 2,5 years .

The most of all those foreigners , who had become also as friends to me , was the English ones..

My conclusion about the political life in UK , ended with one question , How came one smart group of people and well educated ,  still supports and admires the Royal asses , who had cause only damage in our society.

Any way I am not expecting answers, I just wonder.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 10:05:44 am by Kiriakos-GR »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf