Author Topic: Wreckage of MH370 washing up on Reunion Island?  (Read 39164 times)

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
Re: Wreckage of MH370 washing up on Reunion Island?
« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2022, 07:43:04 pm »
I'd be more inclined to believe it if it wasn't sensationalised in the Fail.
Best Regards, Chris

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2022, 07:54:37 pm »
Godfrey tracked disturbances the plane made in radio frequencies across the globe

They do not explain this part from engineering perspective, so i am unable to comment. The other article mentioned "ham radio frequencies", whatever that means, also clear as mud. Are they talking about analysis of some "recordings" of amareur beacon transmissions?  :-//
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2022, 10:25:00 pm »
The scattered locations make me think of weather buoys.  Perhaps the signal strength data for that day shows that some buoys were having fractionally lower RSSI than others, indicating more local interference (e.g. a plane transmitting on nearby frequencies.)

Just speculation though.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2022, 12:26:56 am »
They do not explain this part from engineering perspective, so i am unable to comment.

This.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2022, 01:59:52 am »
I like to watch treasure hunting'TV' shows. What they all have in common are people with wild theories that make some kind of sense. Only very, very few of such theories are correct when put to the test.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline msuffidy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2022, 05:37:35 am »
I bet all aircraft over seas need satellite link up because WE SPEND TOO MUCH TRYING TO FIND THEM. but MH370 was more exciting as a terrorist capture to Yemen.  The fact the transponders were deactivated sort of suggests pilot hijack or attempted 3rd party hijack. Pretty close of the Antipode of Ottawa, Canada.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 05:58:47 am by msuffidy »

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2022, 11:45:01 am »
First time is always difficult.
I'm quite sure that now every jetliner has that "passive" satellite positioning active.

Why it is so difficult to accept that it was the pilot?

Even that first time is difficult it's almost more difficult to accept that nobody knows.
Malaysians have their reasons and so have NATO spooks.
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Triplett-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2022, 06:12:22 pm »

Because it's not a fact until it has been proven. You can only accept facts, not theories.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

The following users thanked this post: SiliconWizard

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2022, 06:50:08 pm »
Yes, wrong question.

Why it is so easy to accept that it wasn't the pilot?
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Triplett-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2022, 09:32:50 pm »
Because it's not a fact until it has been proven. You can only accept facts, not theories.
Proven to what extent? There are very few things you can prove 100%. So in the real world you have to accept the theory that has the most evidence to support it.

Pilots taking planes filled with passengers with them as they commit suicide has happened.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline ve7xen

• Super Contributor
    • VE7XEN Blog
« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2022, 10:58:51 pm »
Godfrey tracked disturbances the plane made in radio frequencies across the globe

They do not explain this part from engineering perspective, so i am unable to comment. The other article mentioned "ham radio frequencies", whatever that means, also clear as mud. Are they talking about analysis of some "recordings" of amareur beacon transmissions?  :-//

The principle seems to be based on WSPRnet (weak signal propagation monitoring network) transmissions where an aircraft is on the great-circle path between Tx and Rx being disturbed from nominal SNR by the presence of the plane. Find such disturbances in the WSPR logs from that day, correlate those hits with known information about the flight path, extrapolate etc. It sounds...kind of plausible...at first pass.

The 'guy' published a how it works document here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wif8oqzgm74sdqv/GDTAAA%20V4%20MH370%2007MAR2014%201716%20UTC%20Paper.pdf?dl=0 and the 'final report' is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4fn8eec4z9np0z/GDTAAA%20WSPRnet%20MH370%20Analysis%20Flight%20Path%20Report.pdf?dl=0 .

The folks on hackernews didn't think it was very credible: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=27044995
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 11:01:19 pm by ve7xen »
73 de VE7XEN
He/Him

The following users thanked this post: BrianHG, I wanted a rude username

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf