Author Topic: Bullshit: Texzon Wireless Power  (Read 59561 times)

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Bullshit: Texzon Wireless Power
« Reply #275 on: April 23, 2020, 06:33:08 am »
Yep, except in this age if they blow up a substation or cause massive EMF fields they are in a much bigger heap of trouble. >:D
Nah. No need to even try to demonstrate anything. They can continute to defraud investors with just promises.

Anyone know through what means they are getting funding?

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2020, 07:00:24 pm »
Anyone know through what means they are getting funding?

As usual. Company issue shares and investors buy them. https://www.whoisraisingmoney.com/texzon-technologies-llc. Relatively small number of investors tells that they are aiming at venture capitalists and angel investors, most likely contacted through trade fairs and private meetings. For example in 2019-01-02 they offfered 5mil$ worth of of shares, but got just one investor with $837000 to invest.

Offline MRMILSTAR

• Contributor
« Reply #277 on: August 03, 2020, 04:31:54 am »
This thread has been going on for 2.5 years now and still nothing from Viziv except promises and a slick web site. People have been trying to do this for 120 years and failed because the physics doesn't work. It would be so easy to silence us skeptical engineers. Just build a prototype working long range wide area wireless power distribution system on any scale that is efficient! Show us something tangible that demonstrates this. No one ever has. All we get is talk and promises.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 02:43:19 pm by MRMILSTAR »

The following users thanked this post: EEVblog

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #278 on: August 03, 2020, 05:35:06 am »
As usual. Company issue shares and investors buy them. https://www.whoisraisingmoney.com/texzon-technologies-llc. Relatively small number of investors tells that they are aiming at venture capitalists and angel investors, most likely contacted through trade fairs and private meetings. For example in 2019-01-02 they offfered 5mil$ worth of of shares, but got just one investor with $837000 to invest.

That'll keep them going for another few years at least!

Offline MRMILSTAR

• Contributor
« Reply #279 on: August 03, 2020, 02:40:41 pm »

That'll keep them going for another few years at least!

Another few years of entertainment!  :)

Offline MRMILSTAR

• Contributor
« Reply #280 on: August 04, 2020, 03:54:47 pm »
Whatever happened to that "zenneckwave" user that told us 2 years ago, after an endless stream of rationalization, that he would be back in a a few weeks gloating about our skepticism after the successful demonstration of Viziv technology? He seems to have gone silent.  :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 04:00:37 pm by MRMILSTAR »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #281 on: August 04, 2020, 04:01:03 pm »
I suspect the crystal meth lab he was also working on blew up

The following users thanked this post: Cyberdragon

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #282 on: August 05, 2020, 03:56:08 pm »
Whatever happened to that "zenneckwave" user that told us 2 years ago, after an endless stream of rationalization, that he would be back in a a few weeks gloating about our skepticism after the successful demonstration of Viziv technology? He seems to have gone silent.  :)

The interdimensional aliens got him for using way too much Z-rays. ;D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

The following users thanked this post: bd139, MRMILSTAR

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #283 on: August 05, 2020, 05:16:31 pm »
Pfft, they've obviously been silenced/sabotaged by the oil industry MIBs.

You know the ones, those lizard people.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Fluke-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Micronta-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline NROC

« Reply #284 on: January 10, 2021, 02:16:08 am »
Whilst I don't want to immediately call this stuff bullsh** there is a lot of decent information out there about zenneck waves nowadays which can help to figure out if it's complete sh** or not.

The zenneck wave itself is kind of a surface wave but its actually not lol, its a surface current wave, that's why in a lot of research articles its called a quasi-surface wave. The transmitter is basically responsible for converting the RF input to a TM (transverse magnetic) mode propagating which is the situation you get whenever you have a conductor embedded in a dielectric such as a waveguide or something like that. The electric field propagates and is almost parallel to the surface so you can consider it as propagating longitudinally whilst the magnetic field propagates transverse to the direction of propagation. The first problem with the system is that in every research article I've seen, the loss from the transmitter into the waveguide or metal surface makes up about 90% of the loss due to radiation which means its unlikely to comply with FCC standards. The other problem is that zenneck waves typically require a conductor to allow the displacement current to move through the structure and guide the wave. The electric field strength of the wave dissipates as 1/r on a conductor which does initially make it better than free space propagation but here's an open access nature paper on zenneck wave transmission https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-57554-1. If you look at Fig 4 (below), you can see how badly the zenneck wave does when it comes into contact with a lossy dielectric at 27MHz. The wave sinks into the dielectric.

I think the system might make more sense if they tried to use a much lower frequency from say 10 to 50kHz or something but then the other problem is that as soon as you attach a receiver to the Earth it will change the impedance of the Earth circuit such that there will only be a few places on the Earth where you can draw power without messing up the resonance (i assume they're going for some kind of resonance or standing wave).

Anyway I thought it would be worth explaining some of the technical stuff around it so that anyone who doesn't know this company are full of sh** can find some relevant information. My background is in physics and electrical engineering and my PhD was on surface waves for power transmission.

A lot of information on zenneck waves etc you can only find if you search for 'single wire power transmission.' Gobau lines brings up some good stuff too. He uses a dielectric around the conductor to slow down the speed of the waves below the speed of light and confine the electric field to the conductor stopping radiation by evanescent waves.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 03:05:06 am by NROC »

Offline SaiSharma

• Contributor
« Reply #285 on: January 10, 2021, 08:46:40 am »
Whilst I don't want to immediately call this stuff bullsh** there is a lot of decent information out there about zenneck waves nowadays which can help to figure out if it's complete sh** or not.

The zenneck wave itself is kind of a surface wave but its actually not lol, its a surface current wave, that's why in a lot of research articles its called a quasi-surface wave.

It belongs to the category of interface waves, it has strong link with Surface plasmons(SP). The SP happens in GHz frequency, well explained in that article by me.

The transmitter is basically responsible for converting the RF input to a TM (transverse magnetic) mode propagating which is the situation you get whenever you have a conductor embedded in a dielectric such as a waveguide or something like that.The electric field propagates and is almost parallel to the surface so you can consider it as propagating longitudinally whilst the magnetic field propagates transverse to the direction of propagation.

OH NO!!!! E-field is perpendicular or normal to the conductive surface (not parallel), this holds good for all kinds of interface waves- SP, SPP, Surface Wave, Zenneck, Goubau etc. The Magnetic field would be in loops parallel to the conductive surface.

The first problem with the system is that in every research article I've seen, the loss from the transmitter into the waveguide or metal surface makes up about 90% of the loss due to radiation which means its unlikely to comply with FCC standards.
I am afraid this is a highly inaccurate statement I am afraid. Please see the image below of a measurement I did on a 70 m long pipeline Shown in fig 12 of the IEEE journal article here https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=9222125
The screenshot image you used from the Scientific Reports article https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-57554-1
clearly shows measurements and State of the art Narda Field analyzer results (supplementary information), which clearly show that 90% power is not lost in the radiation losses.
Also if it works through a partial metal shield then clearly the power is not being lost as radiation. Please see the demo video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-_HAqxcnkI&feature=youtu.be

To confirm that there is actually a high power coming in, I used a Halogen instead of LED here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDRHGAf5b7Y&feature=youtu.be

LED's can work on low currents, but 20-40 Watts Halogens need atleast 700mA and above.

In the articles  https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-57554-1
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=9222125
the measurement screens shots are shown for keeping elements of doubt away.

The other problem is that zenneck waves typically require a conductor to allow the displacement current to move through the structure and guide the wave. The electric field strength of the wave dissipates as 1/r on a conductor which does initially make it better than free space propagation but here's an open access nature paper on zenneck wave transmission https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-57554-1. If you look at Fig 4 (below), you can see how badly the zenneck wave does when it comes into contact with a lossy dielectric at 27MHz. The wave sinks into the dielectric.

Zenneck modes are generated when localized charge oscillation takes place. This is supported by Schelkunoff's integrals on images.
About two years ago on this exact thread, I had repeatedly said that On earth zenneck is not practicable for power transfer. Even if you go into KHz where earth behaves like a conductor, the spread of energy would kill any hopes of receiving the power. However, some crazy guys on this forum tried to troll me by claiming that am supporting VIZIV and they also went to the extent to discredit my measurement results. So I played a game with that guy, I measured AC but kept the measurement settings of DC and sent it to him/her. The poor guy thought he got me, but little did he know that I reverse trolled him.

I think the system might make more sense if they tried to use a much lower frequency from say 10 to 50kHz or something but then the other problem is that as soon as you attach a receiver to the Earth it will change the impedance of the Earth circuit such that there will only be a few places on the Earth where you can draw power without messing up the resonance (i assume they're going for some kind of resonance or standing wave).

There is no Standing wave in Zenneck wave!!!

Anyway I thought it would be worth explaining some of the technical stuff around it so that anyone who doesn't know this company are full of sh** can find some relevant information. My background is in physics and electrical engineering and my PhD was on surface waves for power transmission.

A lot of information on zenneck waves etc you can only find if you search for 'single wire power transmission.' Gobau lines brings up some good stuff too. He uses a dielectric around the conductor to slow down the speed of the waves below the speed of light and confine the electric field to the conductor stopping radiation by evanescent waves.

Goubau system which has a standing wave property as per this article in IEEE by Vaugh et al.,
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/8807104
I simulated the field strength variation on HFSS here is a result of the Field strength in case of G-line WPT as claimed in the article I tried attaching it please see.
Notice how field strength along the metal line changes with change in phase in case of the IEEE paper.

I thought this thread had died off a natural death. But, someone from this forum with whom I have been in regular touch told me about this new post, so I came to see. I felt there were some corrections needed and hence added it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf