Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 2204879 times)

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #2225 on: February 23, 2014, 09:50:16 pm »
What ever happened to TinHead?
  I used to enjoy all the information that he would post here.

"Last Active: February 16, 2014, 11:56:30 AM"

Give the guy a break - maybe he's on holiday or something. But the guy is a genius and I can't wait to see more stuff from him!  :-+

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2226 on: March 13, 2014, 06:21:35 am »
and that firmware on the website is ONLY for models with newer hardware, this is why you getting update error. For your DSO, the latest is the one published here in thread.

MSO5000D has two version hardware, the old verison is V 2.x.xx, new version is V 3.x.xx.
Their firmwares are not compatible with each other.
So when update please check what's the verion on the oscilloscope's system info, if it's V 2.x.xx please download Firmware_V2.7.1; if V 3.x.xx, please download Firmware_V3.2.35.
Or the unit will be damaged duo to update the wrong firmware.

Offline vinayst

• Contributor
« Reply #2227 on: March 13, 2014, 10:12:31 am »
This is Vinay Stanley from Srilanka.

After going through all the pages in this forum iam ordering a Hantek DSO1062BV.This will be my sole and 1st scope. So was keen to know from experts in this forum

Can this model DSO1062BV be hacked to 200Mhz.Is there anything else like memory that can be hacked in this model.

Thanks to all and Tinhead especially for bringing out the best out of Hantek Oscilloscope.I think Hantek guys need to applaud him for his effort.Iam iam ordering one from Hantek its just because this forum has enlightened me on the hacks.

Offline vinayst

• Contributor
« Reply #2228 on: March 21, 2014, 05:58:49 am »
Hello Tinhead/Experts

Can the experts on this forum clarify weather Hantek model DSO1062BV can be hacked to 200Mhz.Is there anything else like memory that can be hacked in this model.

I have this model on hand but wanted all you experts advice on how to go about it.I do not want a new scope bricked, as this is my sole scope.

Please help by reverting back

Vinay

Offline n8ddd

• Contributor
« Reply #2229 on: March 21, 2014, 09:56:28 am »
Hello Tinhead/Experts

Can the experts on this forum clarify weather Hantek model DSO1062BV can be hacked to 200Mhz.Is there anything else like memory that can be hacked in this model.

I have this model on hand but wanted all you experts advice on how to go about it.I do not want a new scope bricked, as this is my sole scope.

Please help by reverting back

Vinay

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek-tekway-dso-hack-get-200mhz-bw-for-free/msg86367/#msg86367

Offline PL00

« Reply #2230 on: March 23, 2014, 04:26:55 pm »
Hi friends.
In my new DSO5072P for 200MHz bandwidth had to remove 2 capacitors 47pF (see photo). Hope this helps someone.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2231 on: March 23, 2014, 05:45:46 pm »
Tinhead, where art thou?  :-//

Has Hantek paid off the Triads to 'shut you up'?  :wtf:

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2232 on: March 24, 2014, 03:14:50 am »
Hi Tinhead, did you open a new post somewhere else?  ???

Offline vinayst

• Contributor
« Reply #2233 on: March 27, 2014, 03:13:53 am »
Experts.

As mentioned earlier I have the Hantek 1062BV with SW Version : 2.01.1(131115.0) HW Version : 10020x55558312.

I have the following queries :

Will the dso1kb_backup_tool.up work with this version of HW and SW
Will the upgrade hack steps given on page69 of this forum work successfully

Kindly revert and help me on this upgrade.Thanks a ton

Offline wolfienuke

• Contributor
« Reply #2234 on: March 28, 2014, 05:58:55 pm »
I have ordered an MSO5074FG oscilloscope (with integrated logic analyzer and function generator) and wish to see if I can hack it. There is limited info on it in this forum about this model. I was wondering if anyone has a MSO5074 and can tell me if the procedures listed for another model will work for it...

How I should go about backing up and verifying the backup for this model? I am assuming the hardware may be similar to the DSO5072P (just a guess), and just want to know if the backup procedure for that model will work for the MSO5074. I will post information and images of the guts when I receive the MSO and break it apart.

First of all, it is rated at 70MHz BW. I would like to increase that if possible. I understand the process and will attempt to do this via USB interface using the documented protocol for shell commands. I don't believe this will be an issue. Will I need to modify the hardware on the board to support the higher bandwidth?

I do have access to UART interface, JTAG-USB, a standalone logic analyzer, soldering/rework station and most other basic electronics tools.

I also will be updating the code for the Mac OS X DSO-USB-Tool that is referenced in the first post to support the 4-channel Oscilloscopes, and possibly the function generator commands if I can find them (as well as translating the program to English from German). I am really excited about this, since the Mac tools for DSO's are very limited.

TIA,
wolfienuke
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:00:33 pm by wolfienuke »

Offline richardbb

« Reply #2235 on: March 28, 2014, 06:25:59 pm »
Hi friends.
In my new DSO5072P for 200MHz bandwidth had to remove 2 capacitors 47pF (see photo). Hope this helps someone.

thanks, I did this am now measuring a rise time of 2.75nS instead of 6.25nS on a fast oscillator (all I have to test with right now). measured the caps as well and they are the same 47pF as you.

Offline n8ddd

• Contributor
« Reply #2236 on: March 29, 2014, 10:39:25 am »
Welcome back Tinhead  :D
I hope u r ok

Offline tinheadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #2237 on: April 02, 2014, 01:18:53 pm »
What ever happened to TinHead?
  I used to enjoy all the information that he would post here.

oh well, i'm still there, was simply busy doing other important things.
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2238 on: April 02, 2014, 01:21:33 pm »
Anyone tried to recompile or migrate from open source Welec W2000A

From what I have read, the Welec scope firmware was terrible in design and execution, it went open source after the company went bankrupt, and the community tried to fix the many bugs. It probably has no value.

the major difference between Welec and Tekway designs is:
- Welec - all in FPGA
vs.
- Tekway DPO in FPGA, UI in ARM, with mapped (via CPLD) memory

That makes port almost impossible, sure one can move parts of the Welec design to custom ARM firmware,
but honestly easier and much faster would be to take Tekway's FPGA design and design own ARM UI.
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2239 on: April 02, 2014, 01:28:02 pm »
Hi friends.

woow, that's very good finding and for sure necessary to get full bw (from hardware point of view).

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2240 on: April 02, 2014, 01:42:19 pm »
btw, something completty offtopic - did anyone recognized that Hantek have now new AWGs? e.g. HDG2002B, this is the cheapest model, but for me it looks like the DAC is running anyway same speed on all models, so maybe time to hack it ?:P

I don't have spare money to give a try, so hope someone will soon buy one and play a bit with them   >:D

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2241 on: April 02, 2014, 02:08:16 pm »
btw, something completty offtopic - did anyone recognized that Hantek have now new AWGs?

Yes, already briefly discussed on the forum. No one has one. Maybe they aren't on the market, just announced.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2242 on: April 02, 2014, 03:20:25 pm »
no, they are for sure, they already on ebay

Offline commongrounder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2243 on: April 02, 2014, 08:58:43 pm »
Just a note that Hantek issued a firmware update for at least the DSO1000S series handheld scopes (what I have.  Maybe for other series, too). Version 2.01.1(140212.0)
The main screen has been redone and several bugs taken care of.  Seems more stable now, too (or maybe I'm just imagining it).  I'll know better after I've used it for a while.
Always great to see Hantek improving the user experience! :D

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2244 on: April 02, 2014, 10:19:09 pm »
Just a note that Hantek issued a firmware update for at least the DSO1000S series handheld scopes (what I have.  Maybe for other series, too). Version 2.01.1(140212.0)

right, and on the DSO1000B/BV they even updated kernel (which was not necessary for S models as they already on newer version).

I got as well MSO firmware, 2.x so for older models (but only because i have such hw, for Hantek it is only one click to recompile it for current models). They fixed 14 bugs (and created only 1 new ^^), that good result.

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #2245 on: April 02, 2014, 11:20:04 pm »
Does the Tekway do DPO/intensity gradning?
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2246 on: April 02, 2014, 11:35:31 pm »
Does the Tekway do DPO/intensity gradning?

DPO - yes, Intensity Grading "not really". I've described here how it looks like (how they implemented it):

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevblog-487-tekway-dst1102b-oscilloscope-review/msg251936/#msg251936

Offline uh9lab

« Reply #2247 on: April 03, 2014, 11:08:46 am »
Just found new firmware for DSO5072P,
http://www.hantek.com/down.aspx?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.hantek.com%2fProduct%2f5000P%2fDSO5072P_Firmware.zip
File inside is dso5kp_func_dso5072p20140111.up - so, it's new.
Unfortunately, Hantek doesn't explain what's new there...

Offline Level42

« Reply #2248 on: April 04, 2014, 05:27:59 pm »
Hi, I am very new here. I just got a Voltcraft DSO-01062D from Conrad for €299 (it was actually on offer, back to €329 now !).

Before I try any hacking I post my current System info. Not sure if it is anything special or recent or not.
I tried backing up the firmware to USB stick first but it doesn't work, says there are no new firmware files on the stick.

Please don't shoot me if any of this has been discussed somewhere earlier in these 150 pages...

Can I hack this Voltcraft ? I found some hints saying there were problems with it (new hardware ?).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:41:40 pm by Level42 »

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2249 on: April 04, 2014, 06:55:48 pm »
Despite being rather old 2009's design, this scope is now manufactured by MCP Shanghai.
http://www.mcpsh.com/DQ1000D%20Series.html
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf