Author Topic: What's this please? (Component Advice)  (Read 1234086 times)

Offline d-chord

• Contributor
Re: What's this please? (Component Advice)
« Reply #1800 on: March 11, 2023, 07:13:52 pm »
Perfect!  Thank you!  I knew I would forget something.  They are indeed 1.25mm pitch.

-David

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1801 on: March 14, 2023, 03:33:15 pm »
Trying to source a small DC motor (from a coffee frother). Photo shows the style, and it is 24 x 18 (x 31). I can find plenty which are apparently of style '130', but those are typically 20 x 15. Anyone know either where I can get one, or what magic term to use to find one?

(It is being driven from a Li-Ion battery, so around 4V).

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1802 on: March 14, 2023, 03:50:57 pm »
Googling for "dc motor 24x18" brings up quite a few results, including e.g. this one as the second result for me:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32695939229.html

I guess the shaft diameter will be another critical dimension though -- not sure how many common ones there are?

The following users thanked this post: PlainName

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1803 on: March 14, 2023, 03:57:33 pm »
Thanks. Dunno why I didn't think of that  :palm:

Er, any idea how to get Aliexpress back to English? I clicked your link and now I end up with the German site regardless of how I get there :(

No matter - got there in the end. Clicked the mobile button then in the upper right was the option to go to the global site, and then I could choose my language and that. Phew.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 03:59:22 pm by PlainName »

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1804 on: March 14, 2023, 04:12:28 pm »
Er, any idea how to get Aliexpress back to English? I clicked your link and now I end up with the German site regardless of how I get there :(

No matter - got there in the end. Clicked the mobile button then in the upper right was the option to go to the global site, and then I could choose my language and that. Phew.

Oops -- sorry about that! I had actually removed some strange "?...GER..." suffix from the link and thought it would be generic. Too much "intelligence" at work behind the scenes at AliExpress...

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #1805 on: March 14, 2023, 06:41:47 pm »
It's a pretty standard 3-12V (it'll scream at that voltage) motor found in all sorts of things, including Scalextric. Someone recently sold a job-lot on the forum as it happens...

Anyway, obligatory ebay link:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264063761245

(NAWTS, many other vendors are available)
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1806 on: March 14, 2023, 09:22:22 pm »
Thanks, but those are all the '130' style which is too small (20x15 rather than 24x18). Shorter, too.

As it happens, because the right sized one will take forever to arrive I've ordered a couple of 130s with the idea that I might be able to apply packing. They are a push fit into the housing so need the fill the space pretty accurately.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1807 on: March 15, 2023, 07:18:45 pm »
Had the motor apart to see what the problem is (actually did this yesterday before looking for a replacement, of course). Photo shows the literal brushes.

I have a box of bigger motors, all circular so not suitable, which use actual carbon brushes on shaped copper strips. I nicked the brushes out of one of those motors and then cut and trimmed the copper so it would slide in next to the existing non-brushes of this one. Very crude, only held in place by friction and I didn't expect it to achieve anything, but the thing actually works again! I think when this bodge fails (which it must do quite soon) I might try and more sensible adaptation of proper brushes and see if it will last longer then.

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1808 on: March 15, 2023, 09:53:37 pm »
Trying to source a small DC motor (from a coffee frother). Photo shows the style, and it is 24 x 18 (x 31). I can find plenty which are apparently of style '130', but those are typically 20 x 15. Anyone know either where I can get one, or what magic term to use to find one?

(It is being driven from a Li-Ion battery, so around 4V).

And I just pointed out someone not reading a post properly yesterday... my bad   :-DD |O

Try these:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314368738961
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255185797594

Basically it's a 280-type motor.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 09:56:13 pm by AVGresponding »
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline ActuatorJames

« Reply #1809 on: March 15, 2023, 10:43:52 pm »
Doing a little reverse engineering and I'm fairly certain these are transistors for a switching amplifier but can't figure out who makes them or what exactly they are. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1810 on: March 15, 2023, 11:38:10 pm »
Try these:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314368738961
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255185797594

Brilliant, thanks. The shaft is too long but shortening it must surely be simpler than lengthening it :)

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1811 on: March 16, 2023, 07:28:03 am »
Brilliant, thanks. The shaft is too long but shortening it must surely be simpler than lengthening it :)

Ooooh Matron!

nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1812 on: March 16, 2023, 07:36:43 am »
Doing a little reverse engineering and I'm fairly certain these are transistors for a switching amplifier but can't figure out who makes them or what exactly they are. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Looks like the Fairchild logo
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

The following users thanked this post: ActuatorJames

Offline gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
« Reply #1813 on: March 16, 2023, 01:55:01 pm »

Could be HUF76629D:

https://www.onsemi.com/pdf/datasheet/huf76629d3s-d.pdf

The following users thanked this post: ActuatorJames

Offline ytterligare

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1814 on: March 18, 2023, 11:13:49 pm »
Can anybody help me identifying this device and give me some specs on it?

Got it on eBay, since I wanted a DC Blocks for my HP 8563A SA, but I cannot find anywhere any specs for this : "TEKTRONIX PICOSECOND PULSE LABS 5500 dc block blocking capacitor 80khz to 26ghz"

The label says "model 5550" indeed and I have also found some docs about the 5500 series, but mine is not there, only a "5500A", in addition the form factor is completely different ( shorter in the doc specs ).

http://woojoohitech.com/pages/pdf/5508_SPEC-4040030.pdf

Many thanks in advance !

Ciao
Andrea

Offline meadiode

« Reply #1815 on: April 06, 2023, 02:50:42 pm »
Hi everyone!
I've got this display, it's a LED dot-matrix 5x7, 9 characters + commas. I have no info on it whatsoever.
Can anyone here recognize it? Or maybe, the calculator model it was apparently taken from?

Offline NeckLessPhill

« Reply #1816 on: April 06, 2023, 06:20:26 pm »
Hello!
I'm looking for any info on AT&T 16801b, 5 pin, found in '96 lexus. It's used to drive a solenoid valve from a PWM signal. I checked AT&T selection guides from '88, '93 and '95 and nothing. Google - nothing. Some people suggested that NEC D16801 might be a replacement, but also no datasheet, no specs, nothing in the selection guides. Might it be a custom part number for toyota? Can anyone shed some light on this puppy?

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1817 on: April 06, 2023, 06:44:37 pm »
Hello!
I'm looking for any info on AT&T 16801b, 5 pin, found in '96 lexus. It's used to drive a solenoid valve from a PWM signal. I checked AT&T selection guides from '88, '93 and '95 and nothing. Google - nothing. Some people suggested that NEC D16801 might be a replacement, but also no datasheet, no specs, nothing in the selection guides. Might it be a custom part number for toyota? Can anyone shed some light on this puppy?

https://datasheetspdf.com/datasheet/BTS425L1.html

The following users thanked this post: NeckLessPhill

Offline NeckLessPhill

« Reply #1818 on: April 07, 2023, 04:30:02 pm »
Thanks!

Offline noerby

Strip-shaped clamp thingy
« Reply #1819 on: May 08, 2023, 08:04:39 pm »
Hi! Is this a common "component", and does anyone know what it might be called? It's a springy clamp that was strain-relieving the connection of a flat cable to the PCB. The cable was folded around the edge of the PCB, and the cable and PCB were sandwiched by this clamp. Thanks!

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1820 on: May 09, 2023, 04:33:23 pm »
search for "EMI fingers"

Offline goatinductor

« Reply #1821 on: May 15, 2023, 08:24:57 pm »
Hi all.

I have this Dc connector and DC socket. I would like to know what the name of these connector and socket is please?

Tried googling and similar but don't have much to go on.

The socket is part of a nimh battery pack 4s.
The connector is part of the charger.

Thanks

Steven

Offline d-chord

• Contributor
« Reply #1822 on: May 15, 2023, 10:12:58 pm »
I don't know, but it looks very similar to the one end of this https://www.bixpower.com/product-p/cnt-dc23.htm

The following users thanked this post: goatinductor

Offline w.v.s.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1823 on: May 24, 2023, 11:15:57 am »
Hello,
does anybody know this type of through-hole (IR) LED-package?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 03:54:52 pm by w.v.s. »

Offline HwAoRrDk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1824 on: May 24, 2023, 11:39:17 am »
What a strange package. Seems they are inserted into a non-plated through hole and the anode and cathode are the body at each end, which is soldered to the annular pad.

The following users thanked this post: w.v.s.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf