Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X Plus  (Read 743341 times)

Offline wxqhigh

• Contributor
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #2075 on: November 12, 2020, 03:13:24 am »
Actually....you just need two 500Mhz probes :-DD

And...The new firmware 1.3.7R5 has been released!hh :-+

https://www.siglenteu.com/service-and-support/firmware-software/digital-oscilloscopes/#sds2000x-plus

Good news! You just need to add 'SENT','MANC'  in bwopt to unlock the new options!

https://repl.it/@wxq849034624/PrettyAbleGuiltware-1

You can use Elasia's method downstairs(#2095) without registration :-+

(Thanks to previous version and every contributor! https://repl.it/repls/PrettyAbleGuiltware#main.py)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 03:16:33 pm by wxqhigh »

The following users thanked this post: Johnny B Good, Simon_RL

Offline oewean

• Contributor
    • Adroit.no
« Reply #2076 on: November 12, 2020, 08:22:28 am »
New firmware released for SDS2000X Plus:

11/11/2020 1.3.7R5
https://siglentna.com/download/19262/

1. New serial protocols supported (optional):
a) SENT, trigger & decode
b) Manchester, decode only

2. Measurement enhancement:
a) Supported user-defined thresholds (Upper, Middle and Lower): Measure | Config | Threshold
b) Added items: +Area@AC, -Area@AC, Area@AC, AbsArea@AC

3. Math: added new operator – Interpolate

4. Display:
a) Supported selectable color for traces: Display | Color Setting
b) Supported floating menu so that the waveform is not compressed horizontally when the right-side menu is displayed: Display | Menu Style
c) Supported to show bandwidth information on the channel descriptor box

5. Save/Recall:
a) Added option “Save all channel” for csv file
b) Supported to save math traces (except FFT)

6. Bode Plot:
a) Optimized scan speed
b) Fixed unexpected glitch issue

7. Supported serial trigger as source of the frequency counter

8. Unlocked zoom in stop mode for Roll

9. Supported trigger Default or AutoSetup operations by pressing corresponding button twice

10. Fixed several bugs
a) Some vertical measurement error in roll mode
b) Missed peak marker in FFT two-tone test
c) AWG problem of importing the arb file from a U-disk
d) Whenever the screen is touched, the pass/fail statistics is reset to zero
e) SPI data value setting issue using virtual keypad
f) Compatibility issue between WebServer and latest Chrome/Edge browsers
Norwegian distributor of test and measurement equipment....
Adroit.no

The following users thanked this post: Electro Fan, tautech, Jacon, thinkfat, Martin72, Coder69, Simon_RL, wxqhigh

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #2077 on: November 12, 2020, 11:35:45 am »
 Wow, just wow... :-+

Offline 0xdeadbeef

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2078 on: November 12, 2020, 11:40:55 am »
Looks more or less exactly like the list of changes for the last SDS5000X firmware.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 11:42:33 am by 0xdeadbeef »
Trying is the first step towards failure - Homer J. Simpson

Offline thinkfat

• Supporter
  • This is just a hobby I spend too much time on.
    • Matthias' Hackerstübchen
« Reply #2079 on: November 12, 2020, 11:52:20 am »

Yes, that's what I figured.

https://www.siglenteu.com/service-and-support/firmware-software/digital-oscilloscopes/#sds2000x-plus

Good news! You just need to add 'SENT','MANC'  in bwopt to unlock the new options!

Nice. They care about fixing bugs.

I'd have loved if they actually fixed the trace display with a proper interpolation filter instead of providing another display option for the menu :-/

I see the glitches in the Bode plot were addressed. That's encouraging!

What was the verdict about the SPI protocol decoding errors? It seems they didn't fix that (yet)?

Everybody likes gadgets. Until they try to make them.

Offline thinkfat

• Supporter
  • This is just a hobby I spend too much time on.
    • Matthias' Hackerstübchen
« Reply #2080 on: November 12, 2020, 02:24:28 pm »
You do whatever you want.

Yep. I found a new pair for 145€ plus shipping. Not a bad deal if they are genuine.

And they arrived today, just a day after ordering them. They look legit.
Not too much stuff to go with them, but they have indeed replaceable tips and there's a spare included with each of the probes.
The tips are quite fine, spring-loaded needles, very sharp. They look a bit fragile, though.
Accessories: just the requisite stuff, color tags, hook, grounding lead, grounding spring, BNC adapter.
 All in all, different league than the probes that came with the scope.
The scope detects them as 10x.
Everybody likes gadgets. Until they try to make them.

The following users thanked this post: Tom45, 2N3055, Martin72

Online tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2081 on: November 12, 2020, 09:11:39 pm »
Siglent's SDS6000Pro also shares basically the same code with SDS2000X+ (and SDS5000X) adding the 2GHz and 4GHz options.

The following users thanked this post: Martin72, Simon_RL, wxqhigh

Offline famalex

• Contributor
« Reply #2082 on: November 12, 2020, 10:25:55 pm »

The following users thanked this post: Johnny B Good

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2083 on: November 12, 2020, 11:52:29 pm »
It does't work  :-//

Yeah, same result here. :(

I steamed straight in and hit the run key which produced a full list of license keys but the MANC and SENT keys were rejected as invalid. It didn't help that the order in the scope list and their appearance in the Python output were switched but even after trying the proper keys in both upper and lower case, it then dawned on me that perhaps I should have replaced the '0000000000000000' place markers in the scope-id field. It made not one jot of difference. The same license keys were produced regardless not only of how I entered the scope-id or even whether I deleted that line altogether! :wtf:

It's a little worrying that editing the scope-id makes no difference to its output. I've previously used an on-line python script to successfully generate license keys a couple of months back but I can't remember which hoops had to be jumped through so I think I'm simply doing something wrong (hopefully not giving my scope id away to a harvester).

John
John

Offline 0xdeadbeef

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2084 on: November 13, 2020, 12:07:47 am »
The script looks legit though (if you replace the dummy scope ID with the real one). It's basically identical to the one I used to generate the SENT option for my SDS5000X and creates the same key. Regarding MANC, I can't tell as I can't enter the key due to the "last key" bug and the LCISL command doesn't seem to work.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 12:09:26 am by 0xdeadbeef »
Trying is the first step towards failure - Homer J. Simpson

The following users thanked this post: Johnny B Good

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2085 on: November 13, 2020, 12:26:17 am »
 Thanks! I'll give it another shot. I might even try using my ancient version of Opera in the winXP VM (at least that still renders the scope's web page ok - the update has fskd the later Opera version running in the Linux Mint host).

John
John

Offline wxqhigh

• Contributor
« Reply #2086 on: November 13, 2020, 01:25:37 am »

Yes, that's what I figured.

Nice. They care about fixing bugs.

I'd have loved if they actually fixed the trace display with a proper interpolation filter instead of providing another display option for the menu :-/

I see the glitches in the Bode plot were addressed. That's encouraging!

What was the verdict about the SPI protocol decoding errors? It seems they didn't fix that (yet)?

The LeCroy's PP020 seems identical to Siglent's SP3050A and I'm going to try that. ;)

The Bode plot is much faster than before but still a little slower than other products.. :blah:

I haven't tried the SPI protocol decoding yet. So I have no idea about that bug... :palm:

Offline wxqhigh

• Contributor
« Reply #2087 on: November 13, 2020, 01:41:44 am »

Yeah, same result here. :(

I steamed straight in and hit the run key which produced a full list of license keys but the MANC and SENT keys were rejected as invalid. It didn't help that the order in the scope list and their appearance in the Python output were switched but even after trying the proper keys in both upper and lower case, it then dawned on me that perhaps I should have replaced the '0000000000000000' place markers in the scope-id field. It made not one jot of difference. The same license keys were produced regardless not only of how I entered the scope-id or even whether I deleted that line altogether! :wtf:

It's a little worrying that editing the scope-id makes no difference to its output. I've previously used an on-line python script to successfully generate license keys a couple of months back but I can't remember which hoops had to be jumped through so I think I'm simply doing something wrong (hopefully not giving my scope id away to a harvester).

John

I moded them from previous version. (Thanks to them!)  And here is the original version (https://repl.it/repls/PrettyAbleGuiltware#main.py)

You can try to add 'SENT','MANC' in bwopt ,the scope id should be replaced with yours. (It's only 16 lowercase letters.)

But it did work on my scope. :phew:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 01:44:05 am by wxqhigh »

Offline steve1515

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2088 on: November 13, 2020, 01:43:26 am »
I believe I found the problem with the linked script. It seems that that site no-longer allows you to change the python code and run it. For example, if you replace all of the code with "print('hello world')" you would think you'd get the string "hello world" when run, but you don't... at least I don't. It still runs the original code which means it's not using your scope ID.  :palm:

If you take the code and run it in your own python interpreter it does actually work. I can confirm.  :phew:

Also... that site seems to be giving me a crazy amount of verification images to click on just to make sure I'm human... way more then I've seen on any other site.  :--

Offline wxqhigh

• Contributor
« Reply #2089 on: November 13, 2020, 01:50:19 am »
I believe I found the problem with the linked script. It seems that that site no-longer allows you to change the python code and run it. For example, if you replace all of the code with "print('hello world')" you would think you'd get the string "hello world" when run, but you don't... at least I don't. It still runs the original code which means it's not using your scope ID.  :palm:

If you take the code and run it in your own python interpreter it does actually work. I can confirm.  :phew:

Also... that site seems to be giving me a crazy amount of verification images to click on just to make sure I'm human... way more then I've seen on any other site.  :--

You get the point! :phew:

Using a funny Chinese meme here..'You have changed,bro'   (Forgetting my poor English :palm:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 03:09:13 am by wxqhigh »

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2090 on: November 13, 2020, 10:36:32 am »
Wow... wild patch, fantastic new stuff

https://repl.it/@wxq849034624/PrettyAbleGuiltware-1 etc has been monetized.  No more free use, you are forced to make a login and anything you make is forced public less you pay them a fee.  You cant change anything unless you fork which makes you login...  oh well.. site was great while it lasted

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2091 on: November 13, 2020, 10:43:45 am »

Are you... a human?

Offline famalex

• Contributor
« Reply #2092 on: November 13, 2020, 01:21:44 pm »
After registration (even with fake email address) the script works very well.
I verified it on my scope.  :D

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2093 on: November 13, 2020, 01:33:18 pm »

Inspired by your post, I copied and pasted all of the text in that python script into a local file and tried to run it on my Linux Mint 17.1 system using Python 2.7.6 (default, Nov 13 2018, 12:45:42). Needless to say, since I've never ever tried running any python scripts before in my life, it failed with a bunch of error messages and the text file I'd tried to redirect the script's output to remained stubbornly empty.

I didn't bother trying to interpret the many error messages since it was 4:30am local and GMT! My one concern is regarding whether line one's reference to importing a hashlib library depends on a special lib file or one that's either normally included or readily available as a standard lib file. Going by your post, it would seem to be a standard lib file rather than a "special" created just for that script file.

Since you managed to get it to run on your system, perhaps you'd care to offer an "Idiot's Guide" for this and other idiots who are pythonically challenged? Pretty please??? :)

[EDIT] I've just spotted Elasia's rather neat work around to remotely running an edited version of that read only hack script. Since I already had such an edited version to hand (and an unused report.txt file) I simply copied and pasted the contents of my version over the hello world example and ditto the results back into my empty report.txt file. Job done!  :)

You can still offer an "Idiot's Guide" if you like but there's no longer any pressing need to do so on my part. Still, such a guide could prove itself useful in the future to deal with similar scenarios that will more than likely arise as time goes by.

John
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 05:50:02 pm by Johnny B Good »
John

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2094 on: November 13, 2020, 01:35:21 pm »
After registration (even with fake email address) the script works very well.
I verified it on my scope.  :D

Did they not check the email address?

John
John

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2095 on: November 13, 2020, 02:03:57 pm »
Copy and paste the following code here, you must not be logged in for the page to work

https://repl.it/languages/python3

To find your scope id, use scpi command SCOPEID?

To enter keys, use scpi command LCISL optioncode,hexkey

To change bandwidth, use scpi command MCBD hexkey

-------

import hashlib

SCOPEID = '0000000000000000'
Model   = 'SDS2000X+'

bwopt = ('25M', '40M', '50M', '60M', '70M', '100M', '150M', '200M', '250M', '300M', '350M', '500M', '750M', '1000M', 'MAX', 'AWG', 'WIFI', 'MSO', 'FLX', 'CFD', 'I2S', '1553', 'PWA', 'MANC', 'SENT')

hashkey = '5zao9lyua01pp7hjzm3orcq90mds63z6zi5kv7vmv3ih981vlwn06txnjdtas3u2wa8msx61i12ueh14t7kqwsfskg032nhyuy1d9vv2wm925rd18kih9xhkyilobbgy'

def gen(x):
   h = hashlib.md5((
      hashkey +
      (Model+'\n').ljust(32, '\x00') +
      opt.ljust(5, '\x00') +
      2*((SCOPEID + '\n').ljust(32, '\x00')) +
      '\x00'*16).encode('ascii')
   ).digest()
   key = ''
   for b in h:
      if (b <= 0x2F or b > 0x39) and (b <= 0x60 or b > 0x7A):
         m = b % 0x24
         b = m + (0x57 if m > 9 else 0x30)
      if b == 0x30: b = 0x32
      if b == 0x31: b = 0x33
      if b == 0x6c: b = 0x6d
      if b == 0x6f: b = 0x70
      key += chr(b)
   return key.upper()

for opt in bwopt:
   print('{:5} {}'.format(opt, gen(SCOPEID)))

--------

The following users thanked this post: Johnny B Good, wxqhigh, Bad_Driver, echo99, trebejo, highpower

Offline famalex

• Contributor
« Reply #2096 on: November 13, 2020, 02:05:01 pm »
The script works even without verification procedure, immediately after simple registration, so I think, you can try it with some fake email. For these reasons I have one trash email address which I never check.

Offline Szybkijanek

• Contributor
« Reply #2097 on: November 13, 2020, 03:01:25 pm »
Does anyone have any information on whether Siglent SDS2000X+ is or will be supported by Sigrok software?

Offline kahuna0k

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2098 on: November 13, 2020, 08:11:14 pm »
Is it now possible to search through the decoded protocols (both analog and digital channels)? Or is that feature still missing? If not, is it a problem with the architecture or should we expect it to appear in a newer firmware? Does the SDS5000X have it?

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #2099 on: November 13, 2020, 09:45:53 pm »
Hi,

If not, is it a problem with the architecture or should we expect it to appear in a newer firmware?

This question could only answer a siglent R&D engineer...
I guess, at siglent they got a priority-list of what to do and decode searching is a like to have, nothing really important.
But they got their eyes on threads like this and siglent is known for their feature add-ons in new firmware - Which the latest firmware impressively proves.
I don´t have flashed the latest yet, will do at this weekend.
AFAIK the sds5k don´t have the search function too - But the WS3024 from lecroy (sds3000 siglent) got it and it should be only a matter of modifying the software, no hardware limitation.

The following users thanked this post: kahuna0k

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf