Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1120296 times)

Offline Alanme

• Regular Contributor
  • i am not perfect but i know that
That is the original patch, look by yourself

Offline analogRF

• Frequent Contributor
That is the good filename, i have not make mistake

NO it is not. Look, they are telling you change the filename to INFINIIVISION.LNK (with lower case letters)
Your file is not named correctly

The following users thanked this post: Alanme

Offline Alanme

• Regular Contributor
Sorry, perhaps i have not understand.
Do you wan't to say that the original name of the patch is wrong

Offline analogRF

• Frequent Contributor
Sorry, perhaps i have not understand.
Do you wan't to say that the original name of the patch is wrong

as far as I know it has always been infiniivision.LNK.

Just search this thread/topic for this filename and you will see

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
Sorry
You wrote "infiniivision.ink". This is wrong. It should be "infiniivision.lnk" It's different. I don't know where you got "ink" from but I just downloaded the original file and it has the correct extension. See the screenshot attached to this post. The procedure isn't going to work if you don't follow the instructions precisely and are using the wrong file names.

• infiniivision.ink > WRONG
  • infiniivision.lnk > correct

Offline Alanme

• Regular Contributor
Thank you a lot, i will try and i'll say if thats' work

Offline Alanme

• Regular Contributor
That work  :-- :-+, Thank you a lot  :clap: :clap: :clap: i go to sleep 2 jours before go to my job.
I have only this message, i dont Know why, but all seem work
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 02:31:19 am by Alanme »

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
That work  :-- :-+, Thank you a lot  :clap: :clap: :clap: i go to sleep 2 jours before go to my job.
I have only this message, i dont Know why, but all seem work
Glad to hear it worked out. I'm not sure what causes that message. Maybe reapplying the procedure after your job is done would improve the situation, but maybe others here have an idea why the issue arises.

Offline Jens01

• Contributor
If keysight released the FRA option for the DSOX3000A series that would be an instant-buy for me. As keysight is active on this forum, maybe they can clarify if they will roll out this option in the future?

I'm thinking of selling my scope and switch to R&S as they provide a really nice FRA option.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
If keysight released the FRA option for the DSOX3000A series that would be an instant-buy for me. As keysight is active on this forum, maybe they can clarify if they will roll out this option in the future?

I'm thinking of selling my scope and switch to R&S as they provide a really nice FRA option.
The 3000T seems to have the option.

http://literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/5992-2209EN.pdf

The following users thanked this post: The_PCB_Guy

Offline Alanme

• Regular Contributor
I have try to reapplying the procedure, without succes.The message appear after licences patch activation but all seem working

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
Keysight ebay store promo on now, MSOX3104T fully loaded as far as I can see, US $6,848.28. Four now available (It was five, I just bought one!).

Keysight Used MSOX3104T Oscilloscope, mixed signal, 4+16 channel, 1GHz - e-Promo Incl. Probes, Application Bundle and 1 year warranty

I had to purchase it from my local ebay.co.uk site as from ebay.com it wouldn't let me pay or request invoice. Note that Keysight use DDP Incoterms so you pay taxes to them through an ebay invoice, so it arrives customs cleared.

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
Keysight ebay store promo on now, MSOX3104T fully loaded as far as I can see, US $6,848.28. Four now available (It was five, I just bought one!).

That is a good deal.
And you don't need to hack it!  :-DD
I bought the MSOX3104A a few years the same way for a similar discount and I am still happy with that scope.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor

Keysight Used MSOX3104T Oscilloscope, mixed signal, 4+16 channel, 1GHz - e-Promo Incl. Probes, Application Bundle and 1 year warranty

I had to purchase it from my local ebay.co.uk site as from ebay.com it wouldn't let me pay or request invoice. Note that Keysight use DDP Incoterms so you pay taxes to them through an ebay invoice, so it arrives customs cleared.

Congrats!
I'm really happy with mine.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream

Absolutely the best deal they have ever had on the scope. It has been that price in the past but did not have the app bundle or probes/MSO cable.
VE7FM

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor

Absolutely the best deal they have ever had on the scope. It has been that price in the past but did not have the app bundle or probes/MSO cable.

Yeah, that is incredible deal!  I have MSOX3054A (only MSO and BW options I applied from here; others I got in app bundle) and I love it.  The -T series definitely has more (& better?) software/apps but not something I could justify upgrading to at the moment.

There's also this MSOX4154A on eBay (no probes; limited apps) for $9,116.40 .  I don't have money to buy it but (for future reference) is it an exceptional deal?  Or there's better to be had?

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor
This might be a little old but looks like Keysight have new app bundles. Here is links related to 3000 A/T X-Series:

OLD: DSOXT3APPBNDL $3600

NEW: D3000BDLA $2530

I compared the app/software packages contained in each (listed in the brochure on each page) and didn't notice any difference.  Are they the same and this is just a revised SKU?  The new one is significantly cheaper -- is it missing something?

Or have the apps been revamped with new capability and you can only get it with purchasing the NEW app bundle?  I hope not!!

Anyone know details of this?

Similar situation for the 4000A series.

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor

There's also this MSOX4154A on eBay (no probes; limited apps) for $9,116.40 .  I don't have money to buy it but (for future reference) is it an exceptional deal?  Or there's better to be had?
The 4000 series is more or less the same as the 3000A series with a larger screen.
If you are looking for an upgrade, look at the 6000 X series, that is a real upgrade from the 3000 series.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

The following users thanked this post: Sparky

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor

The 4000 series is more or less the same as the 3000A series with a larger screen.
If you are looking for an upgrade, look at the 6000 X series, that is a real upgrade from the 3000 series.

The sample rate and bandwidth of the 6000 X series is impressive, but max memory depth is 4Mpts (same as 3000/4000 X series), and the waveform update rate is 450k/sec (< half of 3000/4000 X series), which seem a bit limiting.  I'm isolating those things...maybe unfairly...

The apps/software for 4000A are just a bit more extensive than 3000T.  I'm not sure if there's any difference in probe support between 3000T and 4000A series...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 08:11:57 am by Sparky »

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor

The apps/software for 4000A are just a bit more extensive than 3000T.  I'm not sure if there's any difference in probe support between 3000T and 4000A series...

It is actually the other way around. All the options for the 3000T and 4000A are identical. On the other hand, 4000A has full Autoprobe interface, while 3000T has limited current, so you cannot use all the probes and cannot use some combinations because you run out of current budget. It is explained in  detail in interface and accessories datasheet.

Also 3000A and 2000 series are based on same software base. That is why 3000A doesn't have same options as 3000T.
3000T and 4000A are based on same software base, hence all the same software options..

There is still not much details about new software bundle policy, but it seems that Keysight will , in addition to current options, offer an subscription based, and floating licenses for Infiniivision series.
Hence the new option codes. I have yet to see Keysight new official explanation how it will work.

Maybe Daniel will come up with a little explanation/presentation.....

The following users thanked this post: Sparky

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
Subscription based oscilloscope software?  :palm:

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
Not basic scope. Options and decodes. It might make sense for large companies.
Imagine you have 10 3000T scopes. You get them with some basic functions and protocols, and get few floating licenses for stuff you don't use every day, and shuffle them around as needed.
It is same as renting scopes for a project.

I don't have use for it, but I can see it being useful to some.
Keysight did this great: you can still buy perpetual license, or a temporary one that will expire. Your choice.

It seems that we will be able to get an maintenance license too for bundle. That would take care of upgrading bundle when they add new features that didn't exist when you bought bundle. If the price is right, I'll get that one for sure..

Offline BillB

• Supporter

It's the way of things these days.  Manufacturers have realized that they can make things only so cheap, with only so much planned obsolescence.  They'd love for people to throw away their perfectly good hardware and buy this year's model (not every company can be Apple). 

So, the next best thing is a continuous revenue stream through software subscription licensing.

I envision a world where you'll be effectively renting everything.  Your TV, refrigerator, car, and pacemaker will all require annual software licensing to continue to work.   >:(   

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
Not basic scope. Options and decodes. It might make sense for large companies.
Imagine you have 10 3000T scopes. You get them with some basic functions and protocols, and get few floating licenses for stuff you don't use every day, and shuffle them around as needed.
It is same as renting scopes for a project.

I don't have use for it, but I can see it being useful to some.
Keysight did this great: you can still buy perpetual license, or a temporary one that will expire. Your choice.

It seems that we will be able to get an maintenance license too for bundle. That would take care of upgrading bundle when they add new features that didn't exist when you bought bundle. If the price is right, I'll get that one for sure..
It could make sense but as BillB points out correctly it tends to end up as some kind of horror show where you end up leasing the equipment you pay for. I was hoping the embedded world would escape this madness but it seems I may have been too optimistic.

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor

Is this for real that we will have to update our software bundle license to upgrade the 'scopes internal apps to get new features?  Like the scope is going to have the old serial decode options as part of DSOXT3APPBNDL , and if you buy the new bundle D3000BDLA , then you get some new features?  It's like the scope could potentially have two versions of each software app...  it sounds kinda nuts...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf