Author Topic: SMALLSMT Vision Placer Pick & Place machines  (Read 196527 times)

Offline IconicPCB

• Super Contributor
Re: SMALLSMT Vision Placer Pick & Place machines
« Reply #600 on: August 16, 2019, 01:57:26 am »
Dave,

What is raison d'etre behind this blog?

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #601 on: August 16, 2019, 02:32:55 am »
What is raison d'etre behind this blog?

This forum was started as a place to discuss my videos. It has grown into one of the biggest engineering community forums in the world, which is why countless companies fall over themselves trying to spam it, and astroturf it.
It exists for the community.
If you are talking about the ads, they exist to help pay the bills.

The following users thanked this post: mrpackethead

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #602 on: August 16, 2019, 05:27:45 am »
We are not simple reseller and need to support our customer.  New products need advertising and it’s production equipment.
So you admit to being here to advertise your product?

Yes, that's what I thought when I read that sentence. It seems pretty clear to me that the main purpose of this thread is to advertise (or "inform about", if you prefer) new products or design imrovements from SmallSMT. Which is fine by me, because the products are interesting and potentially relevant to forum members, as long as it is done in the right section of the forum -- which the thread has now been moved to.

Dave may have a different opinion on the "fine by me" part though. It is not easy to draw the line: We seem to have a broad consensus that it is not OK for some new poster to join the forum simply to advertise, say, generic PCB manufacturing services. So, how much "added value" does a poster have to bring to the forum to make it acceptable that he pitches his products?

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #603 on: August 16, 2019, 07:25:16 am »
On the other hand SmallSMT always and I mean always answers technical questions in detail about their products. What size spindles, what brand motors, etc.
How cool is that  8)
I have never seen any of the big firms answer those questions or provide those details on any equipment.
Only at tear downs we get a glimpse of the inside.
And no I am not connected in any way with this firm , I have even openly questioned some of their design decisions but they always technically answered.

The following users thanked this post: TJ232, SWR

Offline SMdude

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #604 on: August 16, 2019, 12:04:56 pm »
When I want to look for what is going on with manufacturing and assembly equipment, I look in the manufacturing and assembly subforum, not the buy and sell section as I'm not actually looking to buy something.

I find it good that Michael comes here and posts updates on his products and he answers questions specific about his products and listens to and understands user feedback. That is a whole lot more than I can say for the rest of the cheaper PNP manufacturers. We have seen that the machines he sells are real, people have purchased and received them in working order.

For that very reason and his active presence here, if I were to purchase a desktop PNP, smallsmt would be getting looked at very seriously. Michael is always willing to help his customers. How many charmhigh or other cheap brands users end up hitting brick walls with their machines that the sales reps don't comprehend the problem and therefore support is seriously lacking?

From what I have seen Smallsmt doesn't spam the forum. It is quite clear who he is, it's not like he signs up with new accounts pretending to be a user etc. He posts updates about his products in his thread. This thread should remain where it belongs, in the manufacturing and assembly forum.

Perhaps MrPackethead should find something else better to do than troll Smallsmt..

The following users thanked this post: Kjelt, Kean, IconicPCB, TJ232, SWR, cgroen

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #605 on: August 16, 2019, 12:28:11 pm »
And what is the criteria, I see Rohde&Schwarz and Keysight personell post in the T&M section and not giving any inside or tech information about the used components, schematics etc.
It is a bit unclear to me.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #606 on: August 16, 2019, 12:50:59 pm »
On the other hand SmallSMT always and I mean always answers technical questions in detail

If only FeelElec would do a small fraction of that!  >:D

We do seem to have two completely polarised threads, each being slagged for doing the exact opposite of why the other one is.

The following users thanked this post: SWR

Offline IconicPCB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #607 on: August 16, 2019, 01:19:00 pm »
It is a good thing mrpackethead does what SmallSMT does...provide technical contributions on second hand Yamaha machines and his Chinese used Yamaha sources.

...wait...

Is that also promotional pitch content?

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #608 on: August 16, 2019, 11:31:02 pm »
It is a good thing mrpackethead does what SmallSMT does...provide technical contributions on second hand Yamaha machines and his Chinese used Yamaha sources.

...wait...

....wait ......

I'm not selling anything.  Advice is free. I dont' make anything on my suggestions..  I'm not self promoting..  I dont' sell SMT kit.    How is SmallSMT Australia looking?
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline IconicPCB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #609 on: August 17, 2019, 12:03:56 am »
Me thinks he doth protest too loudly.... after all isn't this the Buy/Sell/Wanted board... Just the place You wanted to find the topic in?

Now Mrpackethead when will you cease your baseless attacks and nonsense?

And Yet we do need to question Your pecuniary interests in Your support of China sourced pre-loved Yamaha pick and place machines.

Offline IconicPCB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #610 on: August 17, 2019, 01:16:18 am »
Shock ,

Do you really want to get involved in this sh!t fight started by mrpackethead?

Presently i can confirm we have a SmallSMT machine bought for commercial reasons. Everything else is nonsense spouted by mrpackethead.

As to what will happen in the future , God only knows.
Will America and china create problems in world economy, shall we in Australia have to rely more on our own resources ( I refer to skills and intellect), will Europe go up in flames yet again I can not say.
What I can state clearly and unambiguously is that whether or not at some point in the future  I start developing a closer commercial relationship with SmallSMT is not something You have the right to demand to know.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 01:18:40 am by IconicPCB »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #611 on: August 17, 2019, 02:38:00 am »
And what is the criteria, I see Rohde&Schwarz and Keysight personell post in the T&M section and not giving any inside or tech information about the used components, schematics etc.
It is a bit unclear to me.

R&S and Keysight do huge jobs replying to PM's and concerns that go unseen and supporting their products.
And it's not a corporate decision, it's the passion of the individuals (Rich + Daniel) that do it off their own bat.
In return they get to very occasionally promote things of direct value to forum members, like giveaways, contests, or big discount sales.
As for the schematics, they can't offer those do to company policy.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #612 on: August 17, 2019, 02:40:57 am »
When I want to look for what is going on with manufacturing and assembly equipment, I look in the manufacturing and assembly subforum, not the buy and sell section as I'm not actually looking to buy something.

I find it good that Michael comes here and posts updates on his products and he answers questions specific about his products and listens to and understands user feedback. That is a whole lot more than I can say for the rest of the cheaper PNP manufacturers. We have seen that the machines he sells are real, people have purchased and received them in working order.

For that very reason and his active presence here, if I were to purchase a desktop PNP, smallsmt would be getting looked at very seriously. Michael is always willing to help his customers. How many charmhigh or other cheap brands users end up hitting brick walls with their machines that the sales reps don't comprehend the problem and therefore support is seriously lacking?

From what I have seen Smallsmt doesn't spam the forum. It is quite clear who he is, it's not like he signs up with new accounts pretending to be a user etc. He posts updates about his products in his thread. This thread should remain where it belongs, in the manufacturing and assembly forum.

I think I agree, I'll move it back. These are the kinds of machines that need good technical support.

The following users thanked this post: Kjelt, Kean, TJ232, SWR, cgroen, Smallsmt, Fire Doger, TIOUK

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #613 on: August 17, 2019, 09:52:23 am »

...wait...

....wait ......

I'm not selling anything.  Advice is free. I dont' make anything on my suggestions..  I'm not self promoting..  I dont' sell SMT kit.    How is SmallSMT Australia looking?

Please. Just SHUT UP! We can handle this without your help. Nothing you say can be relied on as you as biased as hell, all you do is bring the very thing you want hidden away into prominance. Now shut it and go away!

The following users thanked this post: Kjelt, mrpackethead, cgroen, TIOUK

Offline IconicPCB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #614 on: August 17, 2019, 11:33:58 am »
Shock,

You are a silly person... As I have stated I have no commercial arrangement with SmallSMTother than I am a client of SmallSMT.
As for your inability to comprehend that...well frankly i can not help You.
If you want to purchase a smallsmt machine go ahead and do it....I have no skin in thar despite Mrpackethead's insistance i expose "the truth".

If on the other hand You do not wish to purchase the gear...go and play with a second hand Yamaha... i have no skin in that either.

But to insist i talk about some imaginary scenario, a figment of mrpackethead's imagination as if it were a fact. No ....I CAN NOT DO THAT.

Offline IconicPCB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #615 on: August 17, 2019, 11:52:18 am »
At the risk of telling the moderator to reassess his understanding and be banned for my troubles....

Moderator you are suffering from delusions, I am not biased... there is not a biased bone in my body, I simply do not suffer nonsense.

I am not Your problem, Your initial failure to moderate the thread has resulted in current predicament.

You have had other members voice their dissatisfaction with aspects of mrpacketheads posts in the past.

om mani padme hum

Be cool Simon.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #616 on: August 17, 2019, 11:54:00 am »
At the risk of telling the moderator to reassess his understanding and be banned for my troubles....

Moderator you are suffering from delusions, I am not biased... there is not a biased bone in my body, I simply do not suffer nonsense.

I am not Your problem, Your initial failure to moderate the thread has resulted in current predicament.

You have had other members voice their dissatisfaction with aspects of mrpacketheads posts in the past.

om mani padme hum

Be cool Simon.

I was quoting Mrpackhead not you,

Offline IconicPCB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #617 on: August 17, 2019, 09:45:09 pm »
Shock,

Are you gravitating towards representing SmallSMT in Australia or do you simply wish to see the equipment?

If it is the former, Your course of action is clear. Approach Michael and offer Your commitment to SmallSMT.

If on the other hand  You wish to see the equipment, by all means talk to me and we can arrange a time to host a demonstration.

I am in Brisbane area.

Can I be any less ambiguous?

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #618 on: August 17, 2019, 09:49:17 pm »
Can we please go back on topic instead of all the ego's clashing?

The following users thanked this post: 1uk3, IconicPCB, SWR, Smallsmt

Offline SmallsmtTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #619 on: September 04, 2019, 04:07:22 pm »
This is a really nice customer video showing the complete SMT production processing.

https://youtu.be/ChP3wyNI0qQ

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #620 on: September 04, 2019, 04:44:20 pm »
This is a really nice customer video showing the complete SMT production processing.

https://youtu.be/ChP3wyNI0qQ

Excellent and realistic video on small batch production.
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Online 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #621 on: November 25, 2019, 03:24:00 am »

Offline pete_flex

« Reply #622 on: December 07, 2019, 09:43:42 am »
HI,

I am interested in the SmallSMT units.

Being part of a small company in the UK Id like to know how easy it is to dig into settings such as vac%, head travel speed, placement speeds & hold times

thanks

Offline SmallsmtTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #623 on: December 07, 2019, 11:27:48 am »
Hi Pete,
>>Also, how easy is it to adjust settings such as vac %, head travel speeds, placement >>& hold speeds
We offer speed settings based on feeder and it's possible to adjaust placement speed for each component individual for each axis. We offer ramp settings by start speed setting. Travel speed to component pickup is a global speed.

>>Can you tell me what benchtop systems can offer the addition of an inspection system
That's not really implemented you can use top camera and camera simulation to travel to each parts location and stay there for xx ms.

Vacuum detection settings are handled by nozzle in nozzle changer or in feeder settings if no nozzle changer enabled.

Offline pete_flex

« Reply #624 on: December 09, 2019, 10:16:16 am »
Can anyone tell me the maximum height these machines can handle?

5mm?
Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf