You need also some filtering in EMI related environment. (Supply and Output lines!!!)
Otherwise you get demodulation effects (offset voltages) from diode junctions.
Is the reference buffered?
I agree about EMI. The reference is not buffered. Perhaps, adding a cmos opamp such as opa189 as output buffer would make it even less sensitive to EMI?
If the thing you're measuring, and your measurement setup both drift in the same direction, you will not notice an absolute drift.
I'm just curious as to how confident you are of the measurements you're taking, and your estimation of error sources.
TL;DR: based on data I believe my instruments are stable, and measurements are repeatable, but I don't know the absolute voltage.
Are saying that
there is a reasonable probability that a 10+ years old dmm and a 1 y.o. reference have been drifting perfectly in sync for 4000+ hours? I'm not buying that.
I'm confident that my tools are well in spec, yes. I'm not saying my measurements are accurate, or that there is no hysteresis. I'm saying, based on the data, that my measurements they are reproduceable: voltage doesn't drift much with time, predictably changes with temperature, reconnecting leads didn't change measurements, cycling power on reference didn't change voltage (although sample is low, so I don't count on that).
I also have 1month of ageing data (after 1 month of pre-ageing) of my adr1399 measured by another DMM7510 (I asked the seller to do measurements before shipping it to me), it was stable, with noise 4 uV p-p (30 measurements total, once a day, 1uV resolution).
Laying wires differently may shift voltage in my setup. At least it was the case before shielding. My wires are also cheap. So, EMI and thermal EMF are the weakest spots in my setup, and I don't have any calibration certs. Therefore, I can't accurately measure absolute value.
I can't estimate error contribution of individual components, all I can say is that the tempco of this setup is ~+1.5 uV/C, validate roughly over 20-35C room temperature. The noise you can see on the plots. I also predict that my dmm is 6-10uV off (at ~6.9V) from the dmm that was used to calibrate adr1399 because we measure the same value, but my DMM7510 has the fan replaced, causing internal temperature to rise by 4-5C.
Since I don't want to continue the current measurement (4k hours is enough for me), I can experiment a little bit. Like, power-cycling instruments, leave them unpowered for a while, change shielding, change polarity, etc. Readers suggestions are welcome.