Author Topic: Calibratory D-105 DC Precision Voltage Reference Standard  (Read 298129 times)

Offline TunerSandwich

• Frequent Contributor
  • I kiss on the first date
Re: Calibratory D-105 DC Precision Voltage Reference Standard
« Reply #225 on: February 10, 2015, 01:46:10 am »
This listing is for international buyers who want direct USPS shipping. Email and we will put you on the buyer exemption list. The item is the Calibratory D-105 DC, 10.0VDC Precision Voltage Reference Standard. It accepts 12VDC to 35VDC INPUT. The OUTPUT is 10.000000 VDC ±0.0002% (±2ppm) at 14.5VDC (+-2.0VDC) INPUT. The other unit we have listed—The D-104 DC—is a +-0.0006% (+-6ppm) unit. That, temperature-control, and the price, are the only difference between this unit: the D-105 DC and our novice product, the D-104 DC. The D-105 DC has (4) four color-coded, gold-plated banana-sockets w/binding posts for INPUT and OUTPUT connections. The internal connections are soldered or bolted. The regulator IC is socketed, so it is not heated by soldering. We incorporate the precision voltage reference IC—TI REF102C—together with noise filtering, thermoelectric damping, and a trim circuit. Among the photos is a laboratory null voltage-offset setup. The reading is on the mVDC range. The meter reads: 0.0092mVDC (9.2uVDC; 0.92ppm). That is the maximum difference between the 732A 10.000000VDC OUTPUT and the 10.000000VDC OUTPUT of the Calibratory D-105 DC Precision Voltage Reference Standard at its maximum actual error. Our claim of +-2ppm at 10VDC is conservative! The null setup is as follows: Fluke 732A OUTPUT (-)ground(-) to OUTPUT (-)ground(-) on the Calibratory D-105 DC Precision Voltage Reference Standard. Power Supply 14.5 Volt DC (+) and (-) to INPUT of the Calibratory D-105 DC Precision Voltage Reference Standard; (+) 10.0VDC (+) OUTPUT of Fluke 732A to DMM (-) low (-); (+) 10VDC (+) OUTPUT of Calibratory D-105 DC Precision Voltage Reference Standard to (+) DMM (+). All units are nulled to a 732A or 732B Precision Voltage Reference. Recalibration is available anytime. The Calibratory D-105 DC Precision Voltage Reference Standard may also be powered by (2) 9V alkaline batteries wired in series. The device settles in roughly five minutes. Maximum output load is 10.0 mA. The unit is durable and maintenance-free.  Long-term  drift is <1.5ppm/1,000 hours of use, and decreases with age. The unit measures approximately 1.5" x 2.25" x 1.75". Test equipment and patch cords are not included. Questions, use the link below. Thank you for viewing our eBay.com listing! We customize calibration parameters for free, i.e. input voltage, temperature, output load, etc.. You've now read the description. For some background, read on! Years ago I wanted something cheap and portable--even implantable--to calibrate hand-held DM meters. So, I took a bare IC and soldered it to a board, connected some wires between the pins and banana sockets; and voila, POOF, a voltage standard was born. It was little better than a standard cell, but it was better. I decided to check eBay for more ICs, and I found 9 of them at a great price. I built 9 more standards and sold them for 29.95 ea.. After that I read engineering notes on analog circuits, from TI and LT. Over a series of years the design has added filtering, noise cancellation, thermoelectric-effect suppression, high-granularity trimming, temperature compensation, dynamic settling, high-accuracy output, low drift, silicon aging, miniaturization, output jitter-damping, resistive balance, safety features, and excellent repeatability. I have a scientific background, so I just had to learn the analog application side. I aimed at the amateur market, because calibration labs were treating them poorly! Now they don't need them! I've been advised that I ought to raise my prices, because the level of accuracy we provide could interfere with the viability of competing products, save that we compete "fairly"! We sell our products to buyers on every continent but Antarctica. We sell to industry, Universities, public utilities, governments, and individuals in 25-30 nations spanning the globe from The USA to China and Japan, in both directions. We believe the best way to make money is work! Our prices are fair and equitable. We're expanding every day to supply the world with an exceptionally unique and valuable device. Our hope is to use the experience we've gained to begin development of a 5.0VDC and a 2.7VDC standard equal to or better than our 10VDC standard. 

Shall we pick these claims apart one at a time? 

Let's start with "temperature control".....where is it?  Please don't claim the "passive heatpipe technology" thing again....it will only serve to make you look fraudulent....

Next up....you claim "5 minutes settle time"......yet here you JUST CLAIMED "The D-105 DC will not read correctly during a change in temperature. The temp must remain constant for at least an hour. It is best to power the unit off until equilibrium has been reached. The problem arises because of the greater difference in temperature between the tempco thermistor and the IC that occurs during a temperature change."

How can the temp remain constant, in the IC during power up, over a 5 minute span?  That defies Ti's own claims about what is possible with their device.....and then you further muck it up by making up some nonsense about "tempco thermistor"....and that it needs an hour to settle, after a temperature change....if your heatpipe technology works...are you seriously claiming it reaches a controlled temp INSTANTLY and somehow INSTANTLY finds an equilibrium with the internal temperature of the buried zener in the MONOLITHIC REF IC PACKAGE...!!!????   :palm:

HUH.....which one is it? 

Letr's start there and then bring up the other claims in your ebay listing....which are NOT demonstrated with ANY actual data....

Oh and THE BIG ONE.....what the hell do you even mean +/- 2 ppm?  Do you mean +/- 2 ppm of the initial output (after settling) of 10 V?  What is miraculous about that....any idiot can twist the screw on a trimmer.....

you also claim less than 1.5ppm drift per 1k/hrs.....ok where is the data to back that?  Show me the 30 day, 60 day 365 day etc etc etc....I see NO data!!!  Just claims....

on and on and on and on......I know I am just feeding a troll here, but I find you about as amusing as the "free-energy" "overunity" guys.....and I find them utterly hilarious....

So again PROVE me wrong...with data....I am waiting to eat my hat and bow down to your god, for bending the laws of physics...which he himself created.....

"God doesn't play dice" - smart guy

"jitter-damping"..... :-DD

can you also explain how you achieved any useful "noise reduction"...without using gain after the filter to make-up for loss?  The REF102C doesn't have the ability to add gain significant to make-up for loss in a "passive filter".  I mean if you want to reduce noise at 10Hz, you most certainly need to employ an op-amp and supporting components.....which Ti's own data sheet graciously shows you how to do....and you claim in your description to have read those documents....in case you actually did NOT read them.....here you go....

"high granularity trimming".... :bullshit:  Ti actually even tells you that trimming the output will ADD drift to their specs.....those don't exactly look like "precision trimmers" to me.....the better solution is a precision resistor network and some nice switches....to avoid the potential problems of "bottom of the barrel trimmers", which you haven't secured the wiper screw on after "calibration".  Your "heater" is literally almost touching the trimmer case....so don't you think after some time the thermal expansion and contraction of that trimmer case, and the lack of locking the trimmer adjust....might just lead to some problems?  That is if your heater does what you claim it does (rhetorical, because we all know it doesn't). 

where are all these precision "miraculous" pieces of technology you invented?  I don't see them....again I just see a rather shoddy implementation of Ti's own application notes.....and even then you aren't using suggested tolerance components....and just to be clear I am NOT talking about the "crudity" of the assemble....simply the "quality" of the parts used

"our prices are fair and equitable"......yet you charge more than double the price for the "added temperature control"....which consists of a $0.03 passive component and a scarp of foil?  and again does NOTHING to support your claim of "passive heatpipe technology" and "precision temperature regulation"....show me the data on how that is doing ANYTHING to stabilize the REF IC.... :bullshit:

you should provide a link to this thread on your ebay listings....so potential customers can come here and see just what it is you are selling..... :-+  If you are confident that you are representing honesty, integrity and sanity....then you should have no fear of doing that

now if you really want to sell your product....you should go post it here http://overunity.com/...because those folks just might believe your bullshit claims.....you will fit right in there
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:10:08 am by TunerSandwich »
In Soviet Russia, scope probes YOU.....

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
Calibratory D-105 DC Precision Voltage Reference Standard
« Reply #226 on: February 10, 2015, 04:30:26 am »
Bravo TunerSandwich. Let's see Awesome14 defend each of those points with real data.

By my calculations, this thread has already given him around $500 from members buying his shitty reference. Some bought it *after* his claims of Jesuit Vampires. Why?!?! Why would you do that!

It would be like if the CEO of Fluke came out tomorrow and said, "From here on out, we'll be giving 50% of our profits to the legal defense of NAMBLA members. Child molestation has always been a passion here at Fluke and we want to give back to the boy-love community at large."

Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I run on an anti-boy rape platform as a general rule. If Fluke said this, I'd stop buying their equipment. If everyone did this it would stop the advancement of their agenda.

Likewise, I don't run on the woowoo pseudoscience platform, so I won't give Awesome14 my money and you shouldn't either. Why reward the conman in trying to disprove his claims. He's still getting richer from it. Instead, make *him* provide data to back up his claims, if not dismiss it.

Sent from my Smartphone
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline TunerSandwich

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #227 on: February 10, 2015, 05:23:35 am »
Let's see Awesome14 defend each of those points with real data.

I know he won't....I just want to see more of the conspiracy theories and whacko overunity and quantum vacuum claims....this is as good as any "audiophile" or "free energy" forum post I have ever seen....

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #228 on: February 10, 2015, 05:33:42 am »
@richiem:

That's a bit unfair to the Geller design, because you are not using the temperature compensated SVR-T, so you are comparing apples to oranges.  I suspect the Geller SVR-T would be almost a straight line with temperature, as that is what he obtained for each unit in his micro-chamber after adding the thermistor and "tuned" resistor.  Note that the TC of resistors [and therefore monolithic voltage reference outputs] does not change with time unless they are severely abused [like super high temperature exposure, etc.].  So, once a TC is obtained and set, there is no reason to do it again, any only the voltage offset will need trimming from time to time, and this is mainly due to resistor absolute value drift.

Can you borrow an SVR-T from someone and run the test again of the D-105 vs. SVR-T?
Just a note: The temperature drift of the D-105 DC is not linear. The figure is obtained by: (deltaVDC between 16C and and   26C)/10 degrees. ex. output at 16C=9.999980; output at 26C=10.000012; 10.000012-9.999980=3.2uVDC/10=0.32uVDC/degreeC.
Anything truly new begins as a thought.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
« Reply #229 on: February 10, 2015, 06:54:01 am »
@richiem:

That's a bit unfair to the Geller design, because you are not using the temperature compensated SVR-T, so you are comparing apples to oranges.  I suspect the Geller SVR-T would be almost a straight line with temperature, as that is what he obtained for each unit in his micro-chamber after adding the thermistor and "tuned" resistor.  Note that the TC of resistors [and therefore monolithic voltage reference outputs] does not change with time unless they are severely abused [like super high temperature exposure, etc.].  So, once a TC is obtained and set, there is no reason to do it again, any only the voltage offset will need trimming from time to time, and this is mainly due to resistor absolute value drift.

Can you borrow an SVR-T from someone and run the test again of the D-105 vs. SVR-T?
Just a note: The temperature drift of the D-105 DC is not linear. The figure is obtained by: (deltaVDC between 16C and and   26C)/10 degrees. ex. output at 16C=9.999980; output at 26C=10.000012; 10.000012-9.999980=3.2uVDC/10=0.32uVDC/degreeC.

This doesn't make sense. How did you come to these calculations?

Sent from my Smartphone
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline TunerSandwich

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2015, 06:58:45 am »
@richiem:

This doesn't make sense. How did you come to these calculations?

Sent from my Smartphone

the same god that handed him the "passive heatpipe technology" must have made them.....and handed them down....

maybe he has a really cruel boss, that is exercising some type of mind control and has him convinced he is god.... :-//  and that boss hands Awesome14 little slips of paper that unlock these vast secrets of the universe.....

I honestly can't fathom where 99% of this nonsense jargon has come from....I personally think someone has been spending too much time in hi-fi shops

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
Re: re: voltage reference
« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2015, 09:04:46 am »

Quote from: tunersandwich
When you make unfounded scientific claims....I have every right to refute them with a foundation of science.....your "heatpipe" concept is bunk and simply doesn't work....sorry but that is a provable fact.  Also there is ZERO long term testing data to prove your claims of +/- 2 ppm.  Is it possible, sure....and that is in no part due to anything miraculous your have discovered.....you just got a "lucky" IC.  Which you already know to be true....and why you sell different graded devices.  Some meet spec, some don't.....however you have proven NOT once that they meet a spec over any period of time.  Simply sating +/- Xppm is nonsense, as that is a static measurement.....and the real world is a dynamic environment.....not one manufacturer makes a claim of ppm drift, without adding a measurement of time to it...

So again let's see your 30 day, 60 day, 90 day, 180, day etc etc etc numbers....THEN you can make a wholesale claim of XYZppm over time.....until then it's bullshit.....

Also if it doesn't bother you what myself or others think, then why do you keep responding?  Also you should be bothered by what others think, because you have a product to sell.....you rlack of data and attitude have ensured that I will never buy anything from you....if you don't care about that, then you don't care about business......instead of offering proof or data to back any claims, and convincing some of us here that we should buy your product, you have done exactly the opposite....

I don't see Fluke claiming they were handed superior designs from God, or their CEO making any claims about conspiracy theories, regarding assassination attempts.....YOU brought that stuff up, and defamed yourself....you could have said nothing and just posted data to shut us all up....but again you came here with a superiority complex....and then made wild, bogus claims about things like "heatpipe" technology....which your device clearly does NOT employ....nor would it do anything to help the ref with stability if it did.....

AND THAT IS FRAUD......if you need me to link the definition I am happy to http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/fraud
But you refute nothing if you just say, "NO, you're wrong," when you don't really know yourself. If you want to refute my claims, then refute them. But don't just keep saying I'm incorrect without substantiating it somehow.

What I write on this discussion board cannot be fraudulent. The board has zero authority over anything. I can write whatever I want regarding the D-105 DC, and there are no possible legal repercussions. What I put in my eBay listing is a different story. But I think the bottom line is you put words in my mouth, as do many other contributers ? to this thread. If you take the opportunity to consider my words, you will find I did not say I am rich. I said I have the money I need. Those are two vastly different things.

I did not say I am more intelligent than anyone else. I merely shared my experience dealing with other people, and one real-world example of how I've been treated. But my words did draw conclusive evidence  that my words are true, because you have done to me exactly what I claimed others have done in the past, and for the same reasons. Typically, in a case where another just wants to dog me for the sake of doing it, I'll just show up at his house with two pairs of gloves, and we can duke it out. Would you consider that as a possible means to resolve the issues between us?

I also must make note that just because something is inspired from God in no way implies that it somehow defies the physical laws of nature. God invented the physical laws, and he placed them over the physical reality to constrain it. My invention is governed by physical law. No one claims it isn't. The scientific advancement of the human race at present is an arbitrary measure of intellectual achievement.

God understands all science. He knows every scientific fact about everything. Before mankind existed, all science was known. Before mankind made any discovery, the discovery had already been made. The information was already known. 4,000 years ago there were learned men who developed top-end technology, the likes of which had no been heard of before. All were in agreement that the current advancement of man was unprecedented and surely their theories were perfectly correct!

There were atheists among them. Everyone agreed that ships could sail off the edge of the world, because it's intuitively obvious! If they didn't return to port, where else could they have gone but off the edge of the world? But no one could give an eye-witness account. How could anyone? Everyone who witnessed such a thing is in an eternal freefall!

But there was a bone of contention between the atheists and everyone else. Everyone agreed that there was water above the dome of the sky, because otherwise how could it rain! Most of the people at that time believed God Almighty opened doors in the dome of the sky to allow water to fall to earth--rain. In fact, they were absolutely positive this was the case. But the atheists contended that the doors in the dome of sky opened by themselves, without the assistance of any deity.

Your attitude is piss poor. If you worked for me, you'd be fired. Just get over it. I'm not worth the time and trouble. I make no claims regarding long-term drift of the D-105 DC, except 2.5ppm/1,000 hours of use. If you don't like it, I apologize, but that's just the way it is. I am not required to supply proof for claims I DON'T make! But that's only common sense; at least to me it is.

I want you to read this thread again, and point out to me where I made outrageous claims, or said anything people have accused me of saying. And I forgive you. I have faith that you can do anything you put your mind to, even to outdo the D-105 DC with a device of your own making. 

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2015, 09:12:03 am »
Bravo TunerSandwich. Let's see Awesome14 defend each of those points with real data.

By my calculations, this thread has already given him around $500 from members buying his shitty reference. Some bought it *after* his claims of Jesuit Vampires. Why?!?! Why would you do that!

It would be like if the CEO of Fluke came out tomorrow and said, "From here on out, we'll be giving 50% of our profits to the legal defense of NAMBLA members. Child molestation has always been a passion here at Fluke and we want to give back to the boy-love community at large."

Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I run on an anti-boy rape platform as a general rule. If Fluke said this, I'd stop buying their equipment. If everyone did this it would stop the advancement of their agenda.

Likewise, I don't run on the woowoo pseudoscience platform, so I won't give Awesome14 my money and you shouldn't either. Why reward the conman in trying to disprove his claims. He's still getting richer from it. Instead, make *him* provide data to back up his claims, if not dismiss it.

Sent from my Smartphone

You're another little satan. I pray that God place adversity in your path, so you can learn respect for others, and so that your immortal soul might be saved. Within the next 24 hours you will suffer in a way you have not suffered before. If you apologize, the suffering will cease after a time! I don't intend to harm you in any way. I wish you could be spared the torment, but God cares about you. He wants you to turn toward him. And believe me, you will!

Offline TunerSandwich

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #233 on: February 10, 2015, 09:21:27 am »
 :-DD

See timb....I told you he wouldn't address ANY of the contradictions or issues I pointed out....from his OWN ebay listing vs what he says here....

I knew more of this conspiracy, pseudo-religious shit would pop up....what an absolute riot this guy is...

Better watch out though, he warned me about my 24 hour damnation and the pain I would experience.....and I think I might have stubbed my toe during that period.....better get your football helmet and safety glasses on.... >:D

Offline TunerSandwich

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #234 on: February 10, 2015, 09:27:27 am »

I make no claims regarding long-term drift of the D-105 DC, except 2.5ppm/1,000 hours of use. If you don't like it, I apologize, but that's just the way it is. I am not required to supply proof for claims I DON'T make! But that's only common sense; at least to me it is.

" Long-term  drift is <1.5ppm/1,000 hours of use, and decreases with age."

quoted DIRECTLY from your eBAY ad.....

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2015, 09:49:05 am »
My device promises certain performance criteria. It lives up to it's claims. If I can demonstrate financial losses due to your reckless and untruthful comments, be prepared to pay those damages. It is no scam! Until you can prove that any claim I make is false, it would be best not to dig the hole any deeper. I have research data to prove my claims. You have nothing to disprove them. Let's just stick to professional opinions and leave the rest at the door.

It is up to the person making a claim to prove it. Nobody can disprove your claim or claims. You claim that the design was a gift from your god. How does anyone disprove such an extraordinary claim? You claim that your device performs 2.5X better SVR. Prove it or shut up. I don't believe your claims of divine inspiration and if YOU claim something, YOU prove it. It is the same with every woowoo believer, they ant everyone else to prove them wrong on unclear claims. If you think your attitude here helps improve your sales then perhaps your god gave you the wrong attitude to go along with his design.

To claim damages you have to prove 3 things. You have to prove intent to damage your reputation, that the action actually damaged your reputation, and that the reputation wasn't already deserved or assigned before the action. I have an opinion, mine, for me. You are not a rational person and your design is just a basic replication of a reference design, the ideas you have are woowoo, and the construction techniques are what I would expect from a naive audiophool who has no idea of the real world and maybe a ten year old making his first circuit. In other words, I will never buy anything from you and each time you have opened your mouth here, never gets longer.
I say the device is 10VDC +-2ppm. How am I supposed to prove that? I make one claim of long-term drift specification: 2.5ppm/1,000 hours of use. How am I supposed to prove that? And why are you demanding proof for claims I DON"T make? If you're belief is that everyone has to prove they're not lying about everything, then why live? What a terrible world! I did not say anything the people here accuse me of saying. I said, "I inspired it from God," which I did. I've inspired other things from God also. You're not required to like it, but do not add or subtract from my actual words.

Is it just me, or does it seem like several of the members on this thread lack sound judgment, as if they're drunk or high. Such seething, venomous and groundless abuse, and with such diligence; Truly Satan has infiltrated this board. I'm tired of it and I don't have time to field this ridiculous nonsense. I won't resort to destructive abuse, but I will say that some of you are sealing your own fate. You're like rabid dogs, fit for nothing but transmitting the disease. You're near the end, and you don't know it. Some of you will be gone very soon. I look with pity upon those who presumed falsely.  And why do you want to harm me? I have done nothing wrong or worthy of revenge. You need help! I'm going to get it for you.   

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #236 on: February 10, 2015, 09:54:32 am »

I make no claims regarding long-term drift of the D-105 DC, except 2.5ppm/1,000 hours of use. If you don't like it, I apologize, but that's just the way it is. I am not required to supply proof for claims I DON'T make! But that's only common sense; at least to me it is.

OK, I forgot to update that listing with the new figures. I implore God's Mercy upon me: that you be smote, because you have no respect for others. I pray that God Almighty get you out of my way, today! You earned it.

Offline babysitter

• Frequent Contributor
  • pushing silicon at work
« Reply #237 on: February 10, 2015, 09:58:20 am »

Is it just me, or does it seem like several of the members on this thread lack sound judgment, as if they're drunk or high. Such seething, venomous and groundless abuse, and with such diligence; Truly Satan has infiltrated this board.
(Emphasis mine)

DilligentMinds.com, what is going on with you ?  ;)

My deity says I can do to Awesome14 what I do to him. >:D
I'm not a feature, I'm a bug! ARC DG3HDA

Offline TunerSandwich

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #238 on: February 10, 2015, 10:06:09 am »

OK, I forgot to update that listing with the new figures.

which means the original figures were in fact fraudulent and in error.....and your current listing is in fact fraudulent and in error......

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
« Reply #239 on: February 10, 2015, 11:49:21 am »

OK, I forgot to update that listing with the new figures. I implore God's Mercy upon me: that you be smote, because you have no respect for others. I pray that God Almighty get you out of my way, today! You earned it.

So let me get this straight, you made a mistake, but somehow we're to blame pointing it out? And because of your error, you think God should smite us? Is that about right?

You realize that's batshit crazy, yeah?

Sent from my Smartphone

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2015, 11:57:45 am »

My device promises certain performance criteria. It lives up to it's claims. If I can demonstrate financial losses due to your reckless and untruthful comments, be prepared to pay those damages. It is no scam! Until you can prove that any claim I make is false, it would be best not to dig the hole any deeper. I have research data to prove my claims. You have nothing to disprove them. Let's just stick to professional opinions and leave the rest at the door.

It is up to the person making a claim to prove it. Nobody can disprove your claim or claims. You claim that the design was a gift from your god. How does anyone disprove such an extraordinary claim? You claim that your device performs 2.5X better SVR. Prove it or shut up. I don't believe your claims of divine inspiration and if YOU claim something, YOU prove it. It is the same with every woowoo believer, they ant everyone else to prove them wrong on unclear claims. If you think your attitude here helps improve your sales then perhaps your god gave you the wrong attitude to go along with his design.

To claim damages you have to prove 3 things. You have to prove intent to damage your reputation, that the action actually damaged your reputation, and that the reputation wasn't already deserved or assigned before the action. I have an opinion, mine, for me. You are not a rational person and your design is just a basic replication of a reference design, the ideas you have are woowoo, and the construction techniques are what I would expect from a naive audiophool who has no idea of the real world and maybe a ten year old making his first circuit. In other words, I will never buy anything from you and each time you have opened your mouth here, never gets longer.
I say the device is 10VDC +-2ppm. How am I supposed to prove that? I make one claim of long-term drift specification: 2.5ppm/1,000 hours of use. How am I supposed to prove that?

You prove it by showing us the data you collected to arrive at that figure.

Long term drift is something you arrive at after keeping a sample lot of references hooked up to a high stability, calibrated meter for thousands of hours. Generally each reference will hook to a switching unit which itself hooks to the meter. The switch and meter hook to a computer via GPIB, USB or LAN which controls the whole operation and logs the data.

This data can then be plotted in a nice graph showing deviation between units. You would also then remove the outliers, average the rest and come up with your drift figures.

That's what we expect when you make a claim like that.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof." -Confucius

Sent from my Smartphone

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2015, 12:04:03 pm »

Sent from my Smartphone

You're another little satan. I pray that God place adversity in your path, so you can learn respect for others, and so that your immortal soul might be saved. Within the next 24 hours you will suffer in a way you have not suffered before. If you apologize, the suffering will cease after a time! I don't intend to harm you in any way. I wish you could be spared the torment, but God cares about you. He wants you to turn toward him. And believe me, you will!

I should change my forum username to "Lil' Satan"! My tag line could be the backwards lyrics from Stairway to Heaven: "Here's to my sweet Satan, six six six."

XD

Seriously though, it's not me that's going to be suffering, but your eBay sales! This thread is the top result when searching for your calibrator on Google.

Sent from my Smartphone

Offline Terabyte2007Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • It is purpose that created us... That defines us..
« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2015, 12:05:29 pm »
Is it just me, or does it seem like several of the members on this thread lack sound judgment, as if they're drunk or high. Such seething, venomous and groundless abuse, and with such diligence; Truly Satan has infiltrated this board. I'm tired of it and I don't have time to field this ridiculous nonsense. I won't resort to destructive abuse, but I will say that some of you are sealing your own fate. You're like rabid dogs, fit for nothing but transmitting the disease. You're near the end, and you don't know it. Some of you will be gone very soon. I look with pity upon those who presumed falsely.  And why do you want to harm me? I have done nothing wrong or worthy of revenge. You need help! I'm going to get it for you.

Awsome14,

If you would let me make a suggestion. The EEVblog is one of the largest electronic engineering forums on the internet with a huge international audience of electronics and science professionals, hobbyists and beginners. With that said, you may want to leave the religious references out of this conversation and stick to the science. Instead of trying to defend your claims with visions from God or threats of wrath from God, spend the time to put together some data which can support your claims. I have seen many people including myself blasted by certain individuals here, but much like Youtube that is unavoidable and you can learn from it rather than fight it. Every product has room for improvement, even the most polished product can be picked at to find improvements. Take the good advice from here and use it to your advantage, look at how other companies qualify their measurement products and emulate that.

It's pretty simple, just qualify your product with some hard data to back it up! This will not only help you in sales but can boost your reputation in the process. If you are not sure how to do this effectively then ask. There are plenty with the knowledge to point you in the right direction. Also, look at ways to improve your design, take suggestions and criticism as a blessing that can be used as information to make these improvements. I have seen a lot of good healthy skepticism on this thread that can be very useful in fine-tuning your product.

Just my two cents!  ;D
Eric Haney, MCSE, EE, DMC-D
Electronics Designer, Prototype Builder

The following users thanked this post: Ysjoelfir

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #243 on: February 10, 2015, 01:14:20 pm »
I should change my forum username to "Lil' Satan"! My tag line could be the backwards lyrics from Stairway to Heaven: "Here's to my sweet Satan, six six six."

XD

Seriously though, it's not me that's going to be suffering, but your eBay sales! This thread is the top result when searching for your calibrator on Google.

Sent from my Smartphone

Do you honestly believe that someone reading this thread would avoid my product. There is nothing here to disprove my claims. As far as my sales go, your voice is inert, meaningless. You might as well not even exist for all the damage you can do to me. I'm not suffering at all. I'm selling as many units as I can produce. Why would you think that anything you say carries with it any weight in the minds of others.

You're really a harmless little thing. I don't know if you realize it, but I'm withholding my data because I think withholding it will piss you off. It's my data. I don't have to share it with you. And you'd just say I made it up, anyway, because that's who you are. This thread is the best advertising I can get. If my product can instill this much jealousy, it's got to be good! If you don't like the product, everyone else is sure to buy it, because it's obvious that I know what I'm doing, and you don't. You criticisms are without merit of any kind, and it's glaring.

But you won't be bothering me much longer, because I've asked the Owner of The Universe to clear you out of my way. My Father Owns the Universe! He controls everyone and everything, always, you included. And, there is nothing you can do about it! You might imagine you have free will, but you will do exactly as my Father wishes, no matter what. You're playing into my hands, exactly as I had planned. Thank you for your cooperation.

No matter how many times you criticize me, it's still the image of yourself that you project onto me that you are criticizing. Your reputation among those who actually know what they are doing cannot be further disparaged. And your dirty little secret is now known.   

Offline Awesome14

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #244 on: February 10, 2015, 01:38:03 pm »

Awsome14,

If you would let me make a suggestion. The EEVblog is one of the largest electronic engineering forums on the internet with a huge international audience of electronics and science professionals, hobbyists and beginners. With that said, you may want to leave the religious references out of this conversation and stick to the science. Instead of trying to defend your claims with visions from God or threats of wrath from God, spend the time to put together some data which can support your claims. I have seen many people including myself blasted by certain individuals here, but much like Youtube that is unavoidable and you can learn from it rather than fight it. Every product has room for improvement, even the most polished product can be picked at to find improvements. Take the good advice from here and use it to your advantage, look at how other companies qualify their measurement products and emulate that.

It's pretty simple, just qualify your product with some hard data to back it up! This will not only help you in sales but can boost your reputation in the process. If you are not sure how to do this effectively then ask. There are plenty with the knowledge to point you in the right direction. Also, look at ways to improve your design, take suggestions and criticism as a blessing that can be used as information to make these improvements. I have seen a lot of good healthy skepticism on this thread that can be very useful in fine-tuning your product.

Just my two cents!  ;D

This is what I claim: +-2ppm, 2.5ppm/1,000 hours of use; temperature range: 16-26C; temperature drift: 0.15ppm/C. If people refuse to believe it, I can't make them believe. But I have data from 2 different sources that prove my claims are reasonable. I really don't know what else I can do. I'm always going to gather more data, but I think it's unreasonable to ask me to supply data to support claims I DON'T make.

I am in tune to what the other members suggest, but I am working within constraints that are presently stretched to the limit. I can make a really great standard, but it's expensive. LT has a note on a precision reference that uses the LT1000. LT built one for their A/D converter. They monitor it with 3 3458s. It has drifted 3ppm in ten years of continuous operation. I have heard some good suggestions.

One problem with a PCB is the design is not the same for every unit. Each unit is customized to a certain degree, and many have a different selection of certain components. I know no one believes me, but the only way to prove them wrong is to make a totally different standard that proves my design is better. I'm not doing this to make a lot of money, but I would like to develop  a reputation for who I am and the kind of work I do.

I have independent people doing research on the D-105 DC as I write this. So far it's quite encouraging. No one has demonstrated that any claim I have made is false. But I could work on a detailed spec sheet. 

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #245 on: February 10, 2015, 01:38:43 pm »

XD

Sent from my Smartphone
But you won't be bothering me much longer, because I've asked the Owner of The Universe to clear you out of my way.

:palm:

Online Andy Watson

• Super Contributor

The following users thanked this post: InductorbackEMF

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #247 on: February 10, 2015, 01:54:18 pm »
Quote from: Awesome14
This is what I claim: +-2ppm, 2.5ppm/1,000 hours of use; temperature range: 16-26C; temperature drift: 0.15ppm/C. If people refuse to believe it, I can't make them believe. But I have data from 2 different sources that prove my claims are reasonable. I really don't know what else I can do. I'm always going to gather more data, but I think it's unreasonable to ask me to supply data to support claims I DON'T make.

I don't think it's unreasonable to show your short and long term data testing results. It's common practice among professional companies all over the world, Keysight, Keithley, etc. all do this.

I am in tune to what the other members suggest, but I am working within constraints that are presently stretched to the limit. I can make a really great standard, but it's expensive. LT has a note on a precision reference that uses the LT1000. LT built one for their A/D converter. They monitor it with 3 3458s. It has drifted 3ppm in ten years of continuous operation. I have heard some good suggestions.

Then look into a Kickstarter campaign to fund the project. Get the initial prototype and show people the data and what the potential can be. I have seen Kickstarter campaigns for far worse products than this!

One problem with a PCB is the design is not the same for every unit. Each unit is customized to a certain degree, and many have a different selection of certain components. I know no one believes me, but the only way to prove them wrong is to make a totally different standard that proves my design is better. I'm not doing this to make a lot of money, but I would like to develop  a reputation for who I am and the kind of work I do.

You can still make the PCB, just design in the capability for necessary adjustments. Again, there are plenty of successful products on the market today that do this. Go Pro and you, market your proven data, clean-up the design and you could command a higher dollar figure for your product then!

I have independent people doing research on the D-105 DC as I write this. So far it's quite encouraging. No one has demonstrated that any claim I have made is false. But I could work on a detailed spec sheet.

Then publish that data, whats the problem with that?

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
« Reply #248 on: February 10, 2015, 03:17:54 pm »

Awsome14,

Just my two cents!  ;D

No one is asking you to supply data on claims you don't make. We're asking you to supply on the claims you *do* make. Like you just made in the post I'm reply to!

Show us the data that lead you to those results. That's not at all unreasonable.

As for this thread, it will be off putting to potential buyers once they see how you act. It destroys any credibility you may have had.

Praying to God to have someone killed (or something terrible happening to them) just because they ask you to back your claims up with facts is not only very un-Christian like, it's just plain un-moral and the sign of a sociopath (self-centered world view, desire to hurt those that question/contradict them).

Your threats don't scare me, so don't even bother going down that road. I'm an agnostic-atheist.

What would scare me is if you had actual facts to back up your claims.

Sent from my Smartphone

Offline Excavatoree

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #249 on: February 10, 2015, 05:16:49 pm »
I apologize if this is inappropriate or repetitive, but I was searching for a design using the REF102 with PCB and found this.   All credit to the designer and/or website author.  I have nothing to do with any of it, other than to be impressed at how nice this board looks.  As they say in the US military, this is was right looks like.  (well, in my opinion.)

http://www.phys.ethz.ch/~pmaerki/voltage_regulator_2013_0.02/20140120a_voltage_regulator_2013_0.02_description.pdf

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf