Author Topic: Electric Car Experiences  (Read 306456 times)

Offline kaz911

• Super Contributor
Re: Electric Car Experiences
« Reply #525 on: April 19, 2023, 06:58:04 pm »
US law vs EU/UK law is different regarding settlements.

So basic EU/UK lawsuits you can sue for actual loss only. And you have to demonstrate the value of your loss. Then you get compensation for that plus maybe something for supplier being careless. But it is lots of work for little payout.

US settlements are usually 10-50x larger at least. I had a US settlement once for something I had purchased - and ended up getting about 40% back of the original purchase price for 8 months of "forced downtime" on something with an estimated 30 year life. 

Offline DougSpindler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #526 on: April 19, 2023, 07:27:16 pm »
Thanks for sharing.  As I sued GM I am not allowed to discuss the specifics of my StP lawsuit.  But let's just say GM settled, paid ALL attorneys fees AND provided enough cash and other concessions equaling about 2 GM cars.

If the US if a product manufacture knowingly sells a defective product as the Volt they are liable for court costs, attorney fees, and punitive damages.  All which I received over the StP issue.

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #527 on: April 19, 2023, 10:03:22 pm »
Thanks for sharing.  As I sued GM I am not allowed to discuss the specifics of my StP lawsuit.  But let's just say GM settled, paid ALL attorneys fees AND provided enough cash and other concessions equaling about 2 GM cars.

If the US if a product manufacture knowingly sells a defective product as the Volt they are liable for court costs, attorney fees, and punitive damages.  All which I received over the StP issue.

To my mind, the Shift to Park issue is related to the general trend of overcomplicating cars.   Who needs a simple transmission shift cable (on an ICE car) that can last 50 years when you can replace said cable with a computer and a servo (looking at you, Ford) with a TTL of a few years?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf